As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Wizards of the Ghost

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    titan seems really underwhelming to me? Like, the new melee seems awful since you can't move while charging it, it looks like we lost double grenades, the supers are almost exactly the same as they were, the only things really of note is the grenade buffing aspect, Thruster, and juggernaut.

Crippl3 on
    Also Crucible is gonna be dogshit with cracked-out blink shotgun hunters with blinding everything lol

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm disappointed but not at all surprised that titans lose double grenades.

Otherwise titans can just mix-and-match thundercrash, shoulder charge and knockout, plus the new keyword effects.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Also Crucible is gonna be dogshit with cracked-out blink shotgun hunters with blinding everything lol

It's like they never want me to play pvp again.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited August 2022

hth

dporowski on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I always believed this day would come!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    titan seems really underwhelming to me? Like, the new melee seems awful since you can't move while charging it, it looks like we lost double grenades, the supers are almost exactly the same as they were, the only things really of note is the grenade buffing aspect, Thruster, and juggernaut.

Thunderclap seems like an ability I'd like but yes, having to hold still to charge it sounds very clunk for an element that's all about speed. Guess it depends on how fast it charges and how much damage it does.

Otherwise I'm glad that they seem to get what drew me to Arc titan in the first place (more punch, more face), and I hope that they un-nerf Knockout and let melee kills and damage proc the increased lunge and damage buff like it used to. Having the resistance to damage to close into melee range is great, just need the oomph to dish out the knuckle sandwich and ideally without having to rely on exotics/One-Two Punch for it.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2022

I am anticipating titan super-fast sprint + titan dodge + melee lunge to cause a level of desync so severe people die seconds after spawning in Trials before their client even loads in the art asset for the opposing guardian.

shryke on
  • YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Titan is gonna be cracked. Powered up grenades, mobility options, juggernaut, aww yeah

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
    Juggernaut Titan with Stand Asides.

We put a sprint shield on your sprint shield.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    titan is the one that should be the most well thought out by the pattern of void lock and solar hunter being the most coherent kits

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Warlock sounds uh... fine I guess.

I'm curious how the charged up ball lightning that hits 3 times will work with Necrotic Grip.

That plus Necrotic Grip working with glaives.

edited August 2022
    Y'all think the "arc special weapon kills proc blind" works on stabbing someone w/ a glaive?

Not that I'm looking at my Necrotic Gripgraspwhatevers and Nezarec's or anything.

dporowski on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Does Nezarac’s Sin work with glaive melee?

edit: whoops, I forgot about Nezerac's Whisper. The only thing I think is that glaive melee kills count as kinetic so I don't think they will proc anything that needs an arc kill.

august on
    How often are new permanent Style mods added to the game? I only really started playing around Witch Queen, and there's been quite a few seasonal mods that really felt like they should have been migrated to permanent style mods.

edited August 2022
    august wrote: »
    Does Nezarac’s Sin work with glaive melee?

edit: whoops, I forgot about Nezerac's Whisper. The only thing I think is that glaive melee kills count as kinetic so I don't think they will proc anything that needs an arc kill.

Aw do they? Dammit. I guess I can lob a projectile in before I start stabbing poison everywhere, that'll do it too. Less fun than a continual blind/poison/stabpocalypse though.

dporowski on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeesh, just went into the HELM this week. Gotta get some fungicide in there, or something.

H9f4bVe.png
    Salvager's Salvo and Forbearance just got even dumber lol, can't wait

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Salvager's Salvo and Forbearance just got even dumber lol, can't wait

And for your exotic needs, Dead Messenger is going to be messy

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    GL’s are getting a boost next week, and banshee has a spike/demo/adrenaline junkie roll typhon on sale, might want to grab that if you don’t have something similar

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Depending on how it stacks I could see Skullfort being the arc version of Lorely's, just requiring you to actually be in melee instead of requiring you to exist. Hoping I can make a build that's still reasonably survivable with falling star, though. It'd be neat to just always do that instead of swapping to it for raid boss encounters and then immediately swapping back to whatever was fun.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So I’m a little torn because unless it’s easy to get amplified or arc hunter is going to lose native sprint speed boost.

But getting blink back is pretty sick.

Also very curious as to how getaway artists will work with the new amped arc soul.

But overall arc 3.0 seems to be the biggest revamp of all 3. It’s interesting how this year sorta feels like we got destiny 3 dumped into d2 with the 3.0 stuff. Weapon crafting. Vendor revamps.

If lightfall kills power level grind im officially calling it destiny 3. Nobody can stop me.

616610-1.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So I finally committed to attempting to do the day one raid, which means I’m now on the hook to grind a bunch for 3 days to make sure I have the artifact mods I need.

Not looking forward to it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Start saving those weeklies now

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Not related to Arc 3.0 at all, I finished up the Vanguard ornament last night, closing out my first ever complete seasonal challenge set 72/72. Apparently the "final reward" is 4,300 bright dust! According to online data, that's the equivalent of (about) US$18 worth of silver.

Related to Arc 3.0: arc has never been attractive to me and the info drop hasn't changed that. The only thing I enjoyed in Arc was the roaming Fists of Havok super. Maybe this will be "better" somehow, but my playstyle generally is less "in your face" oriented. Punchy-punchy gameplay is not my go-to.

26904.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Hunters getting a whole new super seems pretty crazy and rad. I guess it was the only class with one style of super at this point. I’m curious to see how good it is and what situations it will be useful for

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hunters getting a whole new super seems pretty crazy and rad. I guess it was the only class with one style of super at this point. I’m curious to see how good it is and what situations it will be useful for

Hey, they could pole dance or...reflecty pole dance?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    The new Arc stuff all looks really interesting but for most of it I think we are going to need to see it in action to really determine if it is any good or not.

Like Titan Arc 3.0. New grenade aspects and dodge and a new melee -- how do they actually work? Can the dodge activate Heart of Inmost Light? Is it on a shorter CD than barricade? Is Thunderclap any good? Does Thunderclap require you to be 100% fully stationary or can you use momentum to "slide" through part of the charge? Is the "charge" .5 seconds or 2 seconds or 5 seconds? Can you cancel it or shoot while charging?

Maybe Arc Titan 3.0 is going to be a terrifying grenade monster with a monstrous melee that can obliterate targets, or maybe none of those pieces are going to work with each other and it will just be a janky mini dodge and a bad melee.

I can think of similar scenarios for Hunter and Warlock, ability interactions that could be extremely fun / powerful / flexible or worthless just depending on how they are interpreted by the game and what they can or cannot interact with.

I'm glad they're adding innate damage resistance for PvE into Arc, it is the only way it could survive difficult content and hopefully moves the game towards a more balanced risk/reward model instead of relying on range + safety for almost every difficult encounter.

Overall tentatively excited for all the Arc 3.0 stuff. I don't think any of the current arc classes were in a good spot.

Also it doesn't look like there is any equivalent to Classy Restoration for next season, so HOORAY FOR THAT!

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Also, not to dwell too much on the point, but we can't really evaluate Arc 3.0 until we see how the exotics work and what new exotics exist.

Solar 3.0 Titans were generally considered one of the strongest builds this season and that was almost entirely from one single exotic that was introduced very recently.

Maybe Arc 3.0 Hunters are going to be trash but they will get a new exotic that gives them Amplify + Radiant whenever they dodge or some similar nonsense.

Kind of frustrating in terms of evaluating each class and build TBH but so it goes.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'm just looking forward to combing arc soul, Electrostatic, ball lighting melee and chaos reach with ophidians for a really solid neutral game Warlock

I want to do Legend/Master lost sectors but I have no idea what lost sectors I'm missing. Every node that I can see is faded/looted.

Is there a way to check progress on a list somewhere? And what do I have to do to find what the daily is once it's unlocked?

Dac wrote: »
    I want to do Legend/Master lost sectors but I have no idea what lost sectors I'm missing. Every node that I can see is faded/looted.

Is there a way to check progress on a list somewhere? And what do I have to do to find what the daily is once it's unlocked?

Today's LS is in the EDZ
    https://youtu.be/3x_ti6U46nU
    You have to complete it once to do the legend or master version.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Wait how do you get it to throw hammers that close to the enemy? I always end up punching in that range

initiatefailure on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Wait how do you get it to throw hammers that close to the enemy? I always end up punching in that range

You can set up keybinds for uncharged melee and charged melee separately, though it's awkward on controller.

Dac wrote: »

If you've never heard of it before @Dac https://www.todayindestiny.com/ is a wonderful resource that shows you everything that's happening this day/week of Destiny. Well recommended!

• NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    If you're on console, just unbind your auto melee. That way the game will prioritize your charged melee.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

You can set up keybinds for uncharged melee and charged melee separately, though it's awkward on controller.

I feel like this changes everything!

If you're on console, just unbind your auto melee. That way the game will prioritize your charged melee.

what

So you're saying, if my charged melee is up, I won't have to try to get far enough away from the pile of shit I want to snap at to explode all of that I stop just slapping them in the face individually?

Throwing the minihammer point blank is fun. Clonk clonk.