As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Wizards of the Ghost

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Crucible. Holy shit.

Every match is a nailbiter, and it's awesome.

Disagree! I finally felt good at crucible again at the end of last season. Now control feels like fricken trials!

Whatever sbmm they are using feels way tighter than survival

It wasn't even on:

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I wish I had grinded out some res/mob armor for my striker during the solstice.

I want to see what amped speed boost + mida + dunemarchers + 40% from mob looks like.

Does speed cap out at a certain point?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Crucible. Holy shit.

Every match is a nailbiter, and it's awesome.

Disagree! I finally felt good at crucible again at the end of last season. Now control feels like fricken trials!

Whatever sbmm they are using feels way tighter than survival

It wasn't even on:

Well that’s embarrassing for me.

Maybe I was just getting wrecked by pc players?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    sprint speed isn't affected by mobility

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    RIP sweet princes, you had your (literal) day in the sun

Peen on
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    sprint speed isn't affected by mobility

Ooh.

Tmyk

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

I was just dumpstering everything with my old chain reaction Blast Battue, it was a good day o7

• Options
    Dac wrote: »

I want to see what amped speed boost + mida + dunemarchers + 40% from mob looks like.

But sprint speed does have a cap. Like hunter used to have two sprint speed boosts (arc and void) and if you added mida and stompees you wouldn’t see the benefit of all 3 just 2

I don’t know the specifics anymore tbh but there was a cap. Dunno if it works the same with amped

616610-1.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

I was trying to solo Duality last night using some GLs but I was too tired to really go for it. I figured we'd have at least another day.

Goddamn raid.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

But sprint speed does have a cap. Like hunter used to have two sprint speed boosts (arc and void) and if you added mida and stompees you wouldn’t see the benefit of all 3 just 2

I don’t know the specifics anymore tbh but there was a cap. Dunno if it works the same with amped

The developers implied that the Amped speed boost is as fast as D2 characters can run.

• Options
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I was only able to play about an hour last night so I started the Ketchcrash thing.

Some of the prior seasonal events have been confusing at first, but this is the first time I've completed an activity and been completely lost as to what I even did or was supposed to be doing. The final scoreboard said that I had 21 kills (and 19 assists!) and the top player in the lobby had 201 kills!!! Clearly I was not exactly at the forefront of the fight! I was completely lost as to what the goal was supposed to be. It felt like I was matched with a bunch of people speedrunning the event while I'm trying to learn how it even works.

26904.png
  • Options
    Oh man that PvP shader is dope. But I have to play crucible. Hork.

Guess I'll pinch my nose and walk into the hail of bullets. I am not good at PvP, lol.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Guess I'll pinch my nose and walk into the hail of bullets. I am not good at PvP, lol.

@Dac Come play with us on the discord! Also if you wait till Iron Banner week which... i dunno when that'll be, sometime in the next couple of weeks, we'll probably be rolling six stacks and similar shenanigans, which make it easy to participate (as you get blatted out of existence)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2022

SBMM is on. I can feel it, but I am also forced to admit it does feel loose enough where I can pop off. I think my seasonal KDA will fall about 0.4 to 0.5 (maybe even 0.7 as I think about it) total when all is said and done, depending on how much I use meta builds before I get bored and use less good stuff.

This season will be a good time to try to PvP again.

(Note that this may not translate to actual game scores. I was in a Control match that was fairly even, kills wise, but my team refused to cap points etc :) ).

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Last night I went 0-12 in a control match. I haven’t had a match close to that bad since playing with my buddy who is like a 2.5kd back in forsaken days with tight sbmm.

It was brutal. But that was an outlier. The rest of the session I was ok. So not sure what to think of sbmm yet.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022

no pay-to-win in King's Fall (rumor is the grenades were doing too much damage somehow)

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    I wonder how many arc classes are represented in the King's Fall raid if res is, indeed, broken on them.

I should probably give KF a try, too, since the original KF is like, I think, the last time I raided in Destiny lol

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Solar and Void are probably much more popular choices anyway

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gHyJUFqPl0

time for Servitor Baseball

• Options
    So hey, I guess in the hotfix today they adjusted the behavior of Heavy Handed. Heavy Handed used to give you 50% of your melee back the instant you used the melee. This caused some issues when interacting with mods like melee kickstart, which would check if you fully depleted your melee energy before giving you the refund - which, since the 50% from Heavy Handed was instant, meant that you couldn't use both together and benefit from MK.

Well tonight, messing around, I noticed that there was a short delay on HH compared to this morning - about the same delay as Melee Kickstart would have. So I tested it and yes, HH and Melee Kickstart now cooperate with each other, resulting in an overall 75% refund.

The only thing preventing an instant full melee refund via supplementing with elemental wells is: if you kill something in melee to generate wells, you're going to pretty much instantly pick them up - faster than MK can trigger. This has the same negative interaction with MK as HH used to, and will prevent you from benefiting from MK. However, if you use a ranged melee - like say, Thunderclap - you can get your refund from HH and MK and then pick up the wells, allowing for a full refund.

Not a huge change/fix, but a nice one.

• Options
    After further testing, there are a fair amount of bugs.

Seismic Strike, Shield Bash, Thunderclap, solar shoulder charge, etc. gives HH+MK benefits. Void shield toss and solar throwing hammer only benefit from either/or. Ballistic Slam does benefit from HH+MK, but only if you have 1 stack of CWL - if you have 2 stacks of cwl, HH won't proc (this is seemingly the same for all the aspected slide-melees as well).

No hunter knives benefit from both. Disorienting Blow doesn't. No warlock melee does, but the warlock arc slide melee does (as long as you only have 1 CWL).

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    That's disappointing, but not surprising I guess.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Just under 3 hours in an team killed Oryx

The king's have... Fallen 😎

• Options
    Yeah. I'm compiling some video footage for a bug report, since the last time I did so for Shiver Strike+HH, that was responded to and actually got fixed a couple weeks later.

• Options
  • Options
    Also hey the rest of the arc fragments are available apparently.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Is the Crew's Control triumph bugged? I've summoned my crew a couple times but none of the bars are going up.

• Options
    Kanden wrote: »
    Is the Crew's Control triumph bugged? I've summoned my crew a couple times but none of the bars are going up.

Assuming by how much other stuff is bugged, yeah probably

• Options
    So since send was lost sector and I didn’t have necrotic grip I ran a few to get it

I don’t think there’s a more ridiculous low level pve combo than grip plus poison smg

Just unlimited ammo and poison explosions everywhere

616610-1.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So since send was lost sector and I didn’t have necrotic grip I ran a few to get it

I don’t think there’s a more ridiculous low level pve combo than grip plus poison smg

Just unlimited ammo and poison explosions everywhere

It's actually not too bad for tougher things, either. Enough stability + the catalyst means you can just dump bullets into a weak point for chains of poison explosions + continual dot on the boss. Not too bursty, but it really adds up.

Now go try it with a glaive! :D

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    So Touch of Malice can't be that good, right? I assume the damage bonus is pretty low considering we have: Lorely now and did not during D1.

• Options
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    So Touch of Malice can't be that good, right? I assume the damage bonus is pretty low considering we have: Lorely now and did not during D1.

https://youtu.be/P8MG-R0PXcE

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Normal mode cleared, now the real fun* begins.

*check with me in 6 hours for exact level of fun I’m having.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    My group got stuck at Warpriest and that's good enough for me!

I'm looking forward to a fun time tomorrow when contest mode is off.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Normal mode cleared, now the real fun* begins.

*check with me in 6 hours for exact level of fun I’m having.

Not 6, but over 9;28 hours of challenge mode raiding. I'm beat!

W0EMWxdh.png

Also big congrats to my friend Kyle for finally reaching season rank 4 after beating the raid twice in 24 hours.

Jerq31Fh.png

Loot spoilers in case people don't want to see it. Got the full armor set, and all the weapons but 1.
    xHNCBL9h.png

Now I'm too tired and sleepy to sleep.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    My group got stuck at Warpriest and that's good enough for me!

I'm looking forward to a fun time tomorrow when contest mode is off.

Did you hate it or did you hate it? That was easily the hardest part of the entire contest raid, both in regular contest and challenge mode. I guess it’ll be fine outside of contest, but it had an obscene amount of health compared to any other boss in this raid.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    God this is the best YouTube series by far
    https://youtu.be/e1h3OcLOzKY

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So what did they change?