As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Wizards of the Ghost

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    My crackpot theory for arc is you damage enemy with arc to charge them then when you kill them you get a buff. Speed. Ability regen etc

They have a little of this already but I think
    They’ll dive into it hard

616610-1.png
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Hah. Containment DONE FOREVER!!

Now I need to grind the Vangard rotator for a couple of days for the weapon skin, followed by either banging my head against Trials for 20 round wins (which could take multiple weekends at my skill level), or a single GM Nightfall (more likely, but I have trouble with non-matchmade events).

You might be able to find folks running Arms Dealer this week at convenient times in the discord, it's pretty quick and I think there's enough of us looking for a plug one too

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    TWAB was good

Mercules putting in some work

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Stabby poison stabby poison stabby poison!

Stabby poison!

... Poison stabby?

Poison stabby!

dporowski on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    TWAB was good

I am amused at the "We're gonna fix up some exotics, change some exotics and throw some champion stuff on some exotics."

No mention of which ones or anything.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TWAB was good

I am amused at the "We're gonna fix up some exotics, change some exotics and throw some champion stuff on some exotics."

No mention of which ones or anything.

Er... There's an entire "Exotics" section though? Or you just mean the tl;dr at the top? (Still no fix to that Perfect Fifth kills problem though. :|)

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Oh shit, that's what I get for just phone reading while waiting for pizza.

Edit:
    Le Monarque
    Added intrinsic Overload to Poison Arrows.

WHAT. That was already the stupidly good overload choice when overload bow was around. Wish they'd just fix their overload mods to feel okay but this is a good second best.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Okay speaking exotics, as my catalyst grind continues:

What's the next one I should pick up? I'm tossing up between Le Monarque, Ticuu's, and Ager's, or maybe Izanagi's? but I just can't decide. Ticuu's catalyst quest sounds like it'd be a giant pain in the ass, though, so... Eeeeh.

Suggestions? I already have a masterworked zappy arc bow I forget the name of, as well as a well, well used Osteo, so "bow" and "poison" are kind of covered niches I guess?

• Options
    The best of those is probably Le Monarque with the changes to it having intrinsic overload. It will make some Legendary/Master lost sectors pretty easy to solo farm.

Ager's is generally pretty darn good and has some really silly Stasis builds. The catalyst lets you burn super to make it even better at freezing/damage. Probably the best in terms of new cool fun stuff. It doesn't hurt that it is also very good gun.

If you're doing End game stuff like Raids or GMs than Izanagi's is a solid DPS option. I find it kind of boring but it is very useful.

Ticcu's is fun but probably the worst of the exotic bows now. It still plays like an exotic and can be fun to screw around with.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I'm realising I can do Le Monarque and Ager's ez, since I still have a Forsaken Cipher (so Le Monarque's free) so maybe that. I do like poison what with Grips and all.

Edit: And if I want seeking solar explosions, I have a Jotunn w/ catalyst, so I mean. Kaboom.

dporowski on
  • Options
    I also don't think Ticcu's does actual scorch, just solar explosions. I'm a bit sad that none of the exotic fixes were fixing all the fiery exotics that aren't in any way involved in the solar changes.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Le Monarque doesn't have the same interaction with Necrotic Grips that Thorn and Osteo Striga but it's still a really great weapon. Ager's is bonkers, if you can only get one thing from your list I'd get that or Le Monarque for sure.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Le Monarque doesn't have the same interaction with Necrotic Grips that Thorn and Osteo Striga but it's still a really great weapon. Ager's is bonkers, if you can only get one thing from your list I'd get that or Le Monarque for sure.

Awwwwwww. You sure? That's a damn shame, that is. I mean they're still probably my current-favorite any-build exotic, since when don't I punch things, but that woulda been great.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    My crackpot theory for arc is you damage enemy with arc to charge them then when you kill them you get a buff. Speed. Ability regen etc

They have a little of this already but I think
    They’ll dive into it hard

Yeah, Lightning Weave is already a thing on mid-tree Arcstrider and it's a cool effect. They should build on it and I think they probably will.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

Awwwwwww. You sure? That's a damn shame, that is. I mean they're still probably my current-favorite any-build exotic, since when don't I punch things, but that woulda been great.

Yeah, if you want to fall down a lore hole that's the reason why you can read this:

https://www.destinypedia.com/Weapons_of_Sorrow

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Oh boy, the Symmetry catalyst. I wonder what kind of gimmick it wants me to do!

"Earn progress by completing activities in Vanguard, Gambit, and Crucible playlists.

0/400".

How about fuck you.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

"Earn progress by completing activities in Vanguard, Gambit, and Crucible playlists.

0/400".

How about fuck you.

That's better then not being able to even get a catalyst until you get some PvP kills.

• Options

0/400".

How about fuck you.

You don't need it equipped. I'm not sure you even need to be carrying it around, but I am anyway. It may be the easiest, longest catalyst quest out there.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    All the 0/400 catalyst grinds aged super poorly after their seasonal pass 4x modifiers went away.

Eriana’s was definitely the worst of those, because you actually had to have it on for it to count.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

0/400".

How about fuck you.

You don't need it equipped. I'm not sure you even need to be carrying it around, but I am anyway. It may be the easiest, longest catalyst quest out there.

Yeah but given the way I play that's going to be, like, over a year.

Just fucking why, lol.

• Options
    Because it wasn’t really supposed to be 400, its supposed to be like 50-80 after the catalyst booster. If anything it was a way to sell people on season passes.

On a different note, I can’t wait until Tuesday to take a hatchet to my vault, so I can take advantage of the new banshee rep gains.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Esoterickk is a god and can not be stopped (flashing lights warning 1:18-1:22)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-HcCMuxKY

except by physics, or Destiny, or himself

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    0:20 is some excellent "It was at this moment i realized i had fucked up" energy.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I logged in last night to beat on some Vanguard strikes and saw that Trials had a freelance mode this weekend. I figured, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. It was a bit of a rough start, losing the first three or four games with only a couple of round wins. (I 'needed' 20 for the challenge.) Then a win, then two... And after a few overproof rum-and-cokes I had banged out all 50 round wins for the pinnacle. Now I just need to get the seasonal ornament from either Gambit or Zavala (strikes were my original target) OR run a single GM Nightfall to close out the 72 seasonal challenges.

I don't think I've ever actually "finished" a season before this.

26904.png
  • Options
    I wish the logic that kicked out a catalyst right after I buy the exotic from the kiosk would actually give me the god damn Graviton Lance catalyst. I want THAT one.

• Options
    I mean it's a good quality of life improvement but it doesn't really change the gun likeb the Ager's or Witherhoard catalysts do, so you aren't missing so much. When catalysts made the gun create orbs they were must have but now the older catalysts are just sort of nice to have.

• Options
    Yeah but I want it.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Thanks to some clan peeps letting me tag along on my first gm!

I got to gally a boss, and I got a good roll on my first plug one.1 (adept)! Also my first adept period. Also just a massive pile of rewards at the end I’m not even sure I caught what they all were. Was fun.

I sure did get smoked by the first champion because I was like “I’m sure I can take another hit before popping rift”

• Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Thanks to some clan peeps letting me tag along on my first gm!

I got to gally a boss, and I got a good roll on my first plug one.1 (adept)! Also my first adept period. Also just a massive pile of rewards at the end I’m not even sure I caught what they all were. Was fun.

I sure did get smoked by the first champion because I was like “I’m sure I can take another hit before popping rift”

Getting utterly clapped by a champion is definitely a learning moment for GMs :) glad you got your Plug!

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I managed to go flawless in the freelance pool!
    G8OIXpwh.jpg

Then after a bit of farming I got a near-perfect roll of the adept fusion rifle. I even got both of the perks I wanted in the double perk column. Just all the luck for me!
    fdHxfPHh.jpg

As a long time fusion aficionado even as far back as D1, I really wanted to get my hands on what could very well be the best kinetic slot option for a long time. I couldn't manage it the previous weekend it was available, but the wait was worth it. I dumped a bunch of legendary shards on the non-adept version a while back and didn't get any roll nearly as good as the adept.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    It is wild to me that I still don't have Collective Obligation. I come from WoW, so I'm certainly no stranger to low drop chances, but they hit differently in Destiny, for some reason. I've been completing Vow basically every week since it launched, collected every other piece of gear that drops, can craft every weapon possible, and have completed the Seal / title. And I still don't have the (completely underwhelming, imo) raid exotic? It just seems really silly.

I've also run Atheon 128 times with no Vex, so maybe my rng is just dog shit ass garbage.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I’m still amazed there’s not just an achievement for 25-30 completions, with the usual once per week per character gating requirement. Would let anyone who did the raid every single week get it before the end of the season the raid was released in without being easy enough to cheese quickly.

Pure rng is just stupid.

Alternative edit:
    Put it behind a master raid encounters completion achievement, similar to how timelost found verdict was done. That’s definitely enough grinding to count.

ronzo on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    milk ducks wrote: »
    It is wild to me that I still don't have Collective Obligation. I come from WoW, so I'm certainly no stranger to low drop chances, but they hit differently in Destiny, for some reason. I've been completing Vow basically every week since it launched, collected every other piece of gear that drops, can craft every weapon possible, and have completed the Seal / title. And I still don't have the (completely underwhelming, imo) raid exotic? It just seems really silly.

I've also run Atheon 128 times with no Vex, so maybe my rng is just dog shit ass garbage.

Hey, so remember this morning when I was bitching about still not having Vex Mythoclast or Collective Obligation?

8hg8g5bumnpm.jpg

BACK TO FUCKING BACK, BOYS.

LITERALLY BACK TO FUCKING BACK.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Complaining on the internet wins again

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    hey wait i've never gotten either of those in the like 4 times i've done each!

• Options
    Man I never get a million dollars and a supermodel nerd girlfriend.

• Options
    Ummm Bungie just revealed arc 3.0

Omg.

I am unbelievably hyped.

Sorry anyone who doesn’t like getting shotgunned

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I don't think I buy Juggernaut being worth an entire aspect but I guess it could be the oops all the fragments choice.

Deeply suspicious of the Arc style being viable in the high end PvE stuff but it's be awesome if it was.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Well the first thing I’m trying is juggernaut, ward shotgun ape. Run, slide, shoot.

No idea if it’ll work because wards kinda suck but the idea of so much frontal shield makes me excited.

If that doesn’t work great replace shotgun ape with glaive ape. Shields all day.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    People are gonna love the pvp blinding meta.