As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Wizards of the Ghost

• Options
    NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Wait how do you get it to throw hammers that close to the enemy? I always end up punching in that range
    If you're on console, just unbind your auto melee. That way the game will prioritize your charged melee.

what

So you're saying, if my charged melee is up, I won't have to try to get far enough away from the pile of shit I want to snap at to explode all of that I stop just slapping them in the face individually?

Correct!

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I think my death rate may be about to drop by like 40%.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    you can set the charged and uncharged melee to the same keybind and the game will prioritise them in the order they appear in the keybind screen. I.E. charged melee (regardless of range), and then normal punchy-punchy melee if your cooldown is blown (again, regardless of range).

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    you can set the charged and uncharged melee to the same keybind and the game will prioritise them in the order they appear in the keybind screen. I.E. charged melee (regardless of range), and then normal punchy-punchy melee if your cooldown is blown (again, regardless of range).

Well, on console they're just "RB" for melee, and then the game like... Picks one. Seemingly based on range. If I can now stuff a void poisonsplosion in the face of something, regardless of how much it's trying to hug me, I is happy.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51692
    Champion mods for season 18:
    Overload
    • Bow
    • Machine Gun
    • Arc grenade
    Barrier:
    • Scout Rifle
    • Auto Rifle
    • Sniper Rifle
    Unstoppable
    • Pulse Rifle
    • Shotgun
    • Solar melee
    Also some interesting new mods, like Trace Evidence (arc debuffed enemies drop Ionic Traces on precision hits) and Bad Amplitude (hitting a Champion with an Arc ability makes the champion Jolted)

Iron Banner: September 6 and November 15
    Festival of the Lost: October 18

Twitch drop for watching 30 minutes of the Showcase, a new emblem:
    d2_153_Emblem-Social.jpg

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Why're people so giddy about barrier snipers?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i feel like overload is gonna be weird. at least as long as grenades are as inconsistent as they have been with solar

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

My guess: faster to chunk down a barrier with a special weapon and more important to do damage from a distance in high-end content.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

They let you cower like a cowardly coward in GMs.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Barrier enemies in general reward being able to hit them with a big burst of damage. Barrier sniper lets you pling a barrier champ until it shields, and then just blow it's head off. Also frees you up from "having" to run Arbalest. Given the other mods previewed, running stuff like Cloudstrike in a GM with anti barrier is going to be a very real, very brutal option for just fucking shit up.

Also, Anti Barrier means any kind of shield can be shot through, which makes dealing with shit like Hydras a lot more pleasant. Doubly so when you can do it with a big fuck off hit

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options

Barrier enemies in general reward being able to hit them with a big burst of damage. Barrier sniper lets you pling a barrier champ until it shields, and then just blow it's head off. Also frees you up from "having" to run Arbalest. Given the other mods previewed, running stuff like Cloudstrike in a GM with anti barrier is going to be a very real, very brutal option for just fucking shit up.

Also, Anti Barrier means any kind of shield can be shot through, which makes dealing with shit like Hydras a lot more pleasant. Doubly so when you can do it with a big fuck off hit

what

Shield as in "glowy bubble thing" not "Phalanx fuck you thing", right? Because I know it doesn't do the latter, but if it does the former Ima be so god damn mad, because I tried that, and found it to have as little effect as the "armor piercing" rounds that don't do shit.

You're gonna say they do something too, other than marginally increase range, aren't you.

• Options
    It also shoots through the phalanx fuck you thing, which I suspected but couldn’t really tell until yesterday when I was farming the legend lost sector of cabal

• Options
    Oh god dammit what. I have tried that, I swear to god. Nice yellow hit right in the shield squishy spot with Arbalest, and it just staggered.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    That's because the center of the shield isn't actually the shield - it's the crit spot that was you noticed, makes them stagger.

But yes, any kind of shield - like Hydras rotating field, or Hobgoblins bunker bubble can be shot through with Anti-barrier

I think you can even breach barricades? Or you could.

Every anti champion mod actually has additional effects, unstoppable will always force a stagger for instance. It's just generally not relevant on non champs because they go up like tinder

• Options
    I am never taking off barrier scout, then. Ever. God dammit.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I've posted about this in the PA Discord already, but I wanted to touch base here, as well:

I'm organizing a Day 1 team for the new raid. I've got two confirms so far (myself and my buddy Dust, who has lots of Day 1 experience). We're looking to get started around 7:00pm - 7:30pm EST. If you're interested in that, please ping me here on the forums, or send me a direct message here or in the Discord. We've got a week until the raid, so I'd like to get a roster finalized as quickly as possible. Give folks as much time as we can, so that they can organize their schedules to be able to chill and play Destiny for long enough to get the clear.

Get hyyyyyyyped.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

Specifically they've set it up so you can get any combination you want.

You can have charged and normal melee on separate buttons.
    You can have them on the same button but prioritizing normal melee if it's in range. (just leave the settings as is)
    You can have them on the same button but prioritizing charged melee. (bind both melee options to the same key and it will always fire the charged melee if it can)

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    gkrSxAuh.png
    RN0d4vhh.png

That's the season's Seal done. Now I can focus on getting Chain Of Command's Vanguard-skin.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

In prior seasons, AB sniper was a big deal because champions could kill you so fast (and you died so fast overall) that long range power was the most important thing you could bring to hard content. Dealing with a group of enemy champions using something like anti-barrier auto or sidearm meant you had to get fairly close to extremely dangerous targets.

With the changes to damage resistance, updated class abilities, new weapons, and new content, the focus on "kill super dangerous champion from 1000 meters" is less important. AB sniper is still a nice addition, even if it is less critical than it used to be, because it opens up multiple options for builds that deal with champions. Giving the option to use sniper rifles means you're less likely to be forced into a two primary loadout and you are less likely to need Arbalest for any and all champion content.

TL;DR -- AB sniper used to be incredibly powerful because of how the game was designed, now it is less important but gives you plenty of build options so it is still an exciting addition.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options

In prior seasons, AB sniper was a big deal because champions could kill you so fast (and you died so fast overall) that long range power was the most important thing you could bring to hard content. Dealing with a group of enemy champions using something like anti-barrier auto or sidearm meant you had to get fairly close to extremely dangerous targets.

With the changes to damage resistance, updated class abilities, new weapons, and new content, the focus on "kill super dangerous champion from 1000 meters" is less important. AB sniper is still a nice addition, even if it is less critical than it used to be, because it opens up multiple options for builds that deal with champions. Giving the option to use sniper rifles means you're less likely to be forced into a two primary loadout and you are less likely to need Arbalest for any and all champion content.

TL;DR -- AB sniper used to be incredibly powerful because of how the game was designed, now it is less important but gives you plenty of build options so it is still an exciting addition.

That was also the season of Proving Grounds. Trying to strip barriers in the tank room with anything but a sniper was a death sentence.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I wonder what this upcoming season's bullshit GM is going to be. They could bring back Lightblade but with Arc 3.0 being the new thing I'm not sure an arc burn GM will be quite as terrifying as it used to be, even if you're still getting one-shot by Hive Guardians.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm glad we'll have a variety of non-primary anti-champion mods this upcoming season, especially with a heavy weapon mod.

This current season the only non-primary options are glaives and trace rifles. Outside of the exotic Ager's Scepter, all these weapons are only in the energy slot only. And there was no mod that could apply to heavy weapons. It significantly restricted loadout options.

• Options
    Okay since it's Xursmas, exotics:

- Grand Overture
    - Devil's Ruin
    - Ruinous Effigy
    - Outbreak Perfected

I'm strongly leaning towards Grand Overture, because "it's a slug launcher that makes missiles, of course I am". However, I have heard very good things about Ruinous Effigy, but I just did Ager's so eeeeeh more trace rifles. Devil's Ruin just seems silly because "sidearm that goes ZAP", and IDK, Outbreak looks cool and might make Warmind Cells? I just don't need any more exotic kinetic primaries unless they're fuckin' cool, like.

Opinions, experiences?

• Options
    if you had the season pass access for last season (like say you bought the deluxe edition of the expansion) you should still be able to claim grand overture for free without spending a thing. I forget how i had to do it it wasn't just clear on a vendor. it may have been through the bungie website or app? I just did it a couple weeks ago.

Outbreak perfected is dope and I use it a lot as a main weapon in raids atm. i have no opinions on the other two because i think i also don't have both?

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Nah, I restarted a bit through this season; I did buy the deluxe edition I think, but I'm assuming since that's after last season ended, no free shinies for me. I'll look around though...

Edit: AHA!

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/PreviousSeason does it. Excellent...

dporowski on
  • Options
    Outbreak Perfected is a tremendous gun, good in PvE and PvP, and if you have the catalyst it's even better
    Grand Overture is not very good
    Devil's Ruin has innate Unstoppable, and that's kind of all it's got
    Ruinous Effigy was straight up overpowered for a bit, but now it's pretty bad AFAIK? I don't have it

• Options
    Most of what I know about Ruinous Effigy is "it makes things you can whack people with". Like if I want to obliterate a room w/ a trace rifle, I'm just going to use Ager's; that thing is bonkers good. But it doesn't make basketballs I can hit things in the head with.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Outbreak is literally never a bad choice in all content once you get the catalyst, out of those 3 it’s an easy choice.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Bleh, 2 golf balls and my 3rd kinetic exotic pulse... :p

Oh well, at least this one would do something beyond "bullets". (Though I'll always have a soft spot for Bad Juju...)

dporowski on
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Outbreak Perfected is a tremendous gun, good in PvE and PvP, and if you have the catalyst it's even better
    Grand Overture is not very good
    Devil's Ruin has innate Unstoppable, and that's kind of all it's got
    Ruinous Effigy was straight up overpowered for a bit, but now it's pretty bad AFAIK? I don't have it

Devil's Ruin has more then it's anti-champ capability. It's got a super laser that's awesome. It's good in PvP if you get used to it.

Ruinous Effigy is good again. They rolled back the harshest nerfs.

shryke on
  • Options
    Yeah I only want Devil's Ruin 'cause I find the idea of a teeny sidearm that goes "nnnnnNNNNNNNNZAP" to be hilarious, and that zap reloads it too, even.

And primary ammo super zap sounds like a good time, if not like... Efficient.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Ruinous Effigy is one of my favorite weapons in the game. It is a bit less powerful than in Void Season where it was silly with easy access Volatile Round but it remains a lot of fun, and the combat flow is really unique. It is very powerful in add management and control.

I am biased, but of that list it is the clear choice.

• Options
    Ruinous Effigy is one of my favorite weapons in the game. It is a bit less powerful than in Void Season where it was silly with easy access Volatile Round but it remains a lot of fun, and the combat flow is really unique. It is very powerful in add management and control.

Every kill with it makes a ball, not just one at a time, right? I'm wondering if I can litter the world like the playfield after an elementary school just got through with their kickball game...

• Options

It's so fucking good

Every kill with it makes a ball, not just one at a time, right? I'm wondering if I can litter the world like the playfield after an elementary school just got through with their kickball game...

Every kill with the beam makes a ball, yes. The ideal flow with it especailly once you have the catalyst is to turn one mook into a ball, grab that, use the vampire drain field to massively fuck over a bunch of enemies, finish with a dunk for Massive Damage (In the dungeon, you can dunk Bellkeepers straight out of existence and it vaporizes them to boot, so no explosions!), and then use the fact that anything that survived the dunk is now taking more damage from the beam to make a new ball.

Use and abuse of the ball makes it incredibly ammo efficent, so you can still run another secondary ammo weapon, which is great

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I think there is a timer on ball creation, but it is short (like 1.5 seconds or something), but functionally you can create a good number of balls quickly. But not like mega dance floor at Shuro Chi.

There is also a special joy you get out of dunking on players in PVP, killing them with their friends.

That dunks don't count on killtracker is sad though.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/EOANO-PVNkM

Byf's final video before the Showcase this Tuesday is about how the recent HELM scene is just the latest piece of foreshadowing on what may happen during Lightfall, both in lore and with the inclusions of the Enclave and the HELM itself.

• Options
    I think there is a timer on ball creation, but it is short (like 1.5 seconds or something), but functionally you can create a good number of balls quickly. But not like mega dance floor at Shuro Chi.

There is also a special joy you get out of dunking on players in PVP, killing them with their friends.

That dunks don't count on killtracker is sad though.

Somewhere out there there's a wonderful clip of a player vaporizing the first oppent, and then dunking the other five out of existence, and it's just the most touching and beautiful thing.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Outbreak Prime/Perfected imo is one of the best realized Exotic guns in the game.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    WARNING: DATAMINED LEAK DISCUSSION

People have found some upcoming armor from an unlikely source, and it's insane and I love it. We'll probably find out more about it from the Showcase on Tuesday, but I gotta talk about this now.
    WARNING: LEAKED UPCOMING CONTENT
    🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
    Datamining from one of the leading dataminers has shown 3 new armor sets for Destiny:

Holy shit we're getting a Fortnite crossover in Destiny lmaooooooooo
    These armor sets are all based on Fortnite skins:
    Warlock is Drift
    fortnite-drift-stage-4.jpg

Titan is Black Knight
    fortnite-outfit-black-knight-768x803.jpg

Hunter is Omega
    04b2e90209c9e6b6c8d523331996a69e.jpg

Never thought I'd see a Fortnite collab go the OTHER direction, from Fortnite into something else
    I assume we're also getting Destiny skins in FN as well, maybe like Cayde-6 or Zavala, maybe a Sparrow glider or Arcadia ship glider

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    WARNING: DATAMINED LEAK DISCUSSION

People have found some upcoming armor from an unlikely source, and it's insane and I love it. We'll probably find out more about it from the Showcase on Tuesday, but I gotta talk about this now.
    WARNING: LEAKED UPCOMING CONTENT
    🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
    Datamining from one of the leading dataminers has shown 3 new armor sets for Destiny:

Holy shit we're getting a Fortnite crossover in Destiny lmaooooooooo
    These armor sets are all based on Fortnite skins:
    Warlock is Drift
    fortnite-drift-stage-4.jpg

Titan is Black Knight
    fortnite-outfit-black-knight-768x803.jpg

Hunter is Omega
    04b2e90209c9e6b6c8d523331996a69e.jpg

Never thought I'd see a Fortnite collab go the OTHER direction, from Fortnite into something else
    I assume we're also getting Destiny skins in FN as well, maybe like Cayde-6 or Zavala, maybe a Sparrow glider or Arcadia ship glider
    I'm guessing Destiny is gonna be on the Epic Store soon then.