As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Wizards of the Ghost

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The complete lack of clear signaling in The Coil at the end of a round that you should keep playing, it isn't over, is pretty baffling to me. In the equivalent activity a few seasons ago it was much more clear, you keep doing sub-levels until you hit a wall and then you'd just teleport to the final boss. Sure you didn't usually get very far with random groups but at least people didn't leave mid-activity because they thought it was done. It's more evidence of rushing and cut corners and it's making it pretty hard for me to take this season very seriously. I'm in for The Final Shape and beyond but I think my Destiny playtime is going to go way down for next little while.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    First couple times I played Coil with randos, they all quit at the first chests.

I almost did, too. It sure seemed like the end of the activity!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Most of the Coil runs I've done have ended with me on my own in the middle of a level three boss fight. These normally don't end well.

I've had one run where everyone got through to the end.

I admire their attempts to try something different, but this path they've been on since, I guess, Season of the Deep doesn't really work for match made activities.

So last season wasn't terrible. There were a couple weeks where Altars was kind of shitty as folks just popped in for cards or whatever but it was generally fine. The Spire had some issues with folks pulling others forwards when they were grabbing chests or whatever.

Deep Dive had matchmaking in progress cut off because of the Wicked Implement thing, which really sucked. Of course, it had no revive tokens so your fellows being terrible wasn't going to spike your normal run explicitly. Folks wanting/not wanting to do the secret exotic will though.

Coil has revive tokens AND purchased buffs but for some reason has Join in Progress matchmaking? Because of multiplicity it isn't actually that terrible to be a person down. What is incredibly terrible is having somebody leave at the halfway mark, duoing with your rando through the third and getting a rhythm as you go through the fourth only to go into the boss fight and get a new random who just burns up all the revives. Bonus points if they pull forward so the two who have put in 45 minutes at this point don't get super/heavy because they dared to grab hidden chests. Super duper bonus points if after they end up the last alive because they died so early they just go to orbit.

SUPER FEEL GOOD MOMENT BUNGO.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I've only run through The Coil three times (because there was a challenge or a quest that made me do it) and each time it went to the final boss. The first time through, I nearly quit out after the first rewards but noticed there was no "return to orbit" timer, so I stuck it out and ended up going to the final boss. I guess I've just been extremely lucky. Either that or the players in my time zone are so hungry for group content that we all stick around as long as possible.

26904.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Epic Games is starting their holiday sale free game giveaways with the Legacy Collection: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/destiny-2--legacy-collection-2023
    (This contains Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, and Witch Queen.)
    A quick note for Steam players: you can't access the playable content (campaign, raids, dungeons, etc.) or the Stasis subclass on Steam if you don't also own them there, but you can use any other stuff from them such as weapons, armor, exotics, etc.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    somehow i beat warlord's ruin solo flawless on my first real attempt after my hours long fuck around multiple leave and come back clear i did monday night.

that place is spicy as hell and they apparently patched out the final boss last stand cheese and i had to climb up to the top some broke ass way, thankfully there was a purple brick on the ground and i eager edged back to the platform where you're allowed to hurt the boss and beat it after like 20 minutes of fucking around trying to figure out what to do. extremely stupid.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    The complete lack of clear signaling in The Coil at the end of a round that you should keep playing, it isn't over, is pretty baffling to me. In the equivalent activity a few seasons ago it was much more clear, you keep doing sub-levels until you hit a wall and then you'd just teleport to the final boss. Sure you didn't usually get very far with random groups but at least people didn't leave mid-activity because they thought it was done. It's more evidence of rushing and cut corners and it's making it pretty hard for me to take this season very seriously. I'm in for The Final Shape and beyond but I think my Destiny playtime is going to go way down for next little while.

Huh. I've never run into anyone confused by that point.

There's no end of activity screen and there's still a quest marker thing and UI element on the left, telling you that you've got a minute or so to buy upgrades before the next round.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Most of the Coil runs I've done have ended with me on my own in the middle of a level three boss fight. These normally don't end well.

I've had one run where everyone got through to the end.

I admire their attempts to try something different, but this path they've been on since, I guess, Season of the Deep doesn't really work for match made activities.

So last season wasn't terrible. There were a couple weeks where Altars was kind of shitty as folks just popped in for cards or whatever but it was generally fine. The Spire had some issues with folks pulling others forwards when they were grabbing chests or whatever.

Deep Dive had matchmaking in progress cut off because of the Wicked Implement thing, which really sucked. Of course, it had no revive tokens so your fellows being terrible wasn't going to spike your normal run explicitly. Folks wanting/not wanting to do the secret exotic will though.

Coil has revive tokens AND purchased buffs but for some reason has Join in Progress matchmaking? Because of multiplicity it isn't actually that terrible to be a person down. What is incredibly terrible is having somebody leave at the halfway mark, duoing with your rando through the third and getting a rhythm as you go through the fourth only to go into the boss fight and get a new random who just burns up all the revives. Bonus points if they pull forward so the two who have put in 45 minutes at this point don't get super/heavy because they dared to grab hidden chests. Super duper bonus points if after they end up the last alive because they died so early they just go to orbit.

SUPER FEEL GOOD MOMENT BUNGO.

I'm pretty sure Deep Dive didn't have join-in-progress because of the buffs. And Coil, which reads basically as Deep Dive 2.0 and let's iterate on feedback, allows it because so many people complained about it's lack in Deep Dive and they figured letting people go without the extra buffs was better then nothing.

shryke on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

Huh. I've never run into anyone confused by that point.

There's no end of activity screen and there's still a quest marker thing and UI element on the left, telling you that you've got a minute or so to buy upgrades before the next round.
    I mean last season's altars was a perpetual event so you could kinda make the presumption.

I see this season's ingredient drops are still set on Stingy As Fuck

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    idk the buffs aren’t even that significant. i wish they were actually crazy and would change how i play and not 10% more solar damage or 20% more precision damage and stuff.

even the 200% super recharge is just the passive recharge speed and not the damage part that actually is how your super recharges in pve so it barely does anything.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't think there was going to be a TWID today but I guess they gave streamers special access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hDY3j8f5-g

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    So hey I don't play a lot of this anymore because this season's sandbox changes remain complete cheeks, but I thought people might like to know that the concepts for the next FotL armors are up.

Good Wizard

FotL_2024_GoodWizards.jpg

Bad Wizard

FotL_2024_EvilWizards.jpg

FotL stuff can sometimes be a hard choice but I feel like if you don't vote Good on this one you are actively trolling or have no taste.

So Evil will probably win.

Oh yeah they're also implementing a thing where you can finally recustomize your character after 10-fucking-years, completely free and as much as you want. But you can't change your race - Bungie's probably saving that one for a $30-$50 charge or some shit.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited January 18
    I mean, the Good Warlock is great. But the best one in that whole set is the Bad Hunter. Titan looks like a football player that accidentally dove into a pile of random dirty laundry in both.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited January 18
    Good Titan is really, really good, Good Hunter is better than Evil, but I much prefer Evil for Warlock.

Kamar on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I did vote Evil for warlock because I'm never a fan of those puffy sleeves. Will certainly never buy the armor either way though.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Puffy sleeves and pants are a little rough. And yet! I still like the overall look of the Good set so much more than the Evil set.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I like the colors of the Good set but the fit of the Evil set.

• Options
    This is why democracy just doesn't work. /s

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Yay, my group got flawless done for Crota's End!
    QSHHdSBh.jpg

That's flawless for every D2 raid since Last Wish.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Fantastic work. I kinda gave up on flawless raids with Kingsfall, except for RoN since it was so short. And gave up on Dungeons after GotD

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    I always am surprised how much discussion there is about armor sets. Having said that I'll admit I do grind out 10 of the synthweave thingies every season. But having said that I have a pretty preferred setup for each class and element combination already. Sure, new looks are neat but if it doesn't fit with my current setup (which they never do) then I really don't care so much.

More power to you if you have strong feelings about this and I sincerely hope you get the set you want!

26904.png
  • Options
    Well, Good Titan won. So my main at least might get a good armor set, but the bad Warlock and Hunter ones won so my pessimism is, as usual, validated. Not like I'll be buying Final Shape or the upcoming chapters the way the game is going right now, but still.

It also comes to mind that I still don't have the Monte Carlo catalyst despite the gun being permanently attached to my Titan's hand like I superglued it there with a Lego man. Admittedly I don't run a TON of strikes, but I would've thought I'd have gotten it by now.

• Options

Join the Normandy crew.

Inspired by Commander Shepard, Garrus Vakarian, Liara T'Soni, and more from the Systems Alliance, arriving via mass relay in Destiny 2 on Feb. 13.

In celebration of this collaboration with our partners at @BioWare, the Enhanced Defense Ghost Shell, Alliance Scout Frigate Ship, and Alliance Drop Ship Sparrow items will be available to all players at no cost.
    g76vITS.jpeg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    It took Bungie 7 years, but they're finally putting out some cosmetics I'm willing to pay for. First was the Assassin's Creed armor (Ezio armor warlock specifically). But man, I want all of the Mass Effect armor.

This is theft, Bungie. Straight up stealing money out of my wallet with this. Uncool.

(very cool)

• Options
    Game Director Joe Blackburn is leaving Bungie next month
    Next month, The Final Shape will be hitting one of its most critical internal milestones: a ritual we call the End-to-End playtest.

This ritual has been a key part of development since Forsaken.

It’s multiple days of consecutive internal playtesting that not only generates incredibly valuable closing feedback on everything coming this summer, but also spiritually kicks off a shift towards bug fixing and polish work.

Heading into this milestone, I've gotten to play 100s of hours of The Final Shape, and what the world-class talent here at Bungie has created has quickly become of the things I'm most proud to have worked on throughout my career.

This ritual will be especially meaningful to me personally, as it will also serve as a moment to pass the torch of Destiny 2 Game Director to the next era of leadership as I head on a new adventure outside the walls of Bungie.

As we hit End-to-End next month, Tyson Green will take the reins as D2 Game Director. If you’ve followed Bungie for any length of time, you've heard his name. From Halo PvP to the creation of Exotic weapons in D1, Tyson has been a critical part of Bungie's legacy since Myth II.

As a deeply invested Guardian before starting here at Bungie, getting to be a part of the Destiny 2 team has been the privilege of a lifetime.

I am and will forever remain a lifelong Bungie fan and believer in what the teams within its walls are capable of.

I've still got some time before I pass the torch, but as I look forward to taking a big break from social media, I know I'll see yall around the Tower. It is going to be great to play Destiny alongside all of you.
    Thank you, @joegoroth, for everything you've done for Destiny 2 over the years, and for your guidance in making The Final Shape truly special for the Destiny community.

Looking forward to your feedback in next month’s internal playtests!

And a big welcome to longtime Bungie veteran Tyson Green as incoming D2 Game Director!

From leading MP and Forge in Halo 3 to supporting Destiny’s development for nearly 15 years, Tyson's expertise and creativity have been crucial to Bungie's magic since the days of Myth II.
    GFISmr_bMAAfO7P.jpg

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    It took Bungie 7 years, but they're finally putting out some cosmetics I'm willing to pay for. First was the Assassin's Creed armor (Ezio armor warlock specifically). But man, I want all of the Mass Effect armor.

This is theft, Bungie. Straight up stealing money out of my wallet with this. Uncool.

(very cool)

I haven't played Destiny in like half a year and I still will wind up reinstalling just to buy myself these armors. This is precision targeting.

• Options
    Could not be yelling any louder that TFS is effectively the end. Chapters will keep the game limping along and silly armors will (as we've just seen) part people from their money, but yeah. Joe getting out while the gettins good.

• Options
    i don’t think the getting is currently good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 31
    Arteen wrote: »

(very cool)
    Hard agree. Despite my last post about armor skins, these are amazing and I'd be happy to drop $10 for them.

Well played, Bungie. Well played indeed.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i don’t think the getting is currently good.

It's probably pretty good for Joe.
    Not so much for the people laid off last year.

• Options
    edited January 31
    Dac wrote: »
    Could not be yelling any louder that TFS is effectively the end. Chapters will keep the game limping along and silly armors will (as we've just seen) part people from their money, but yeah. Joe getting out while the gettins good.

the guy taking the reins has been with Bungie since Myth 2, was the Halo 3 Forge and Multiplayer lead, and one of the original creative directors of D1. Also, Joe isn't leaving until the end of what is basically full development and the beginning of final bugfixing and polish, when he's not really needed as much anymore.
    He's not bailing, these kinds of things take a long time to plan and set up so he isn't suddenly deciding to jump ship, to me this is not a sign of things going poorly. I posted the Joever picture as a funny little joke, not as me doomsaying the game.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    I haven't played in at least six months, if not longer, but I'll be damned if I won't be logging in to be able to FLY THE DAMN NORMANDY.

Screw you, B. Just mean.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Regarding the ME stuff: do you have to do anything to claim it and is there a time limit TO claim it, if so?

• Options
    edited February 1
    Regarding the ME stuff: do you have to do anything to claim it and is there a time limit TO claim it, if so?

everything will be in the Eververse store, some of it will be free, probably until the end of the season

In other news, the TWAB reveals that the new Twitch Prime rewards that went up today will be the last ones, so if you have Amazon Prime get your last bundle of cosmetic goodies: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/this-week-in-destiny-02-01-24
    Not much else in the news this week. Also there's a Game2Give livestream starting now featuring the voice of Drifter, Todd Haberkorn, and others, watch for 30 minutes for an exclusive emblem:

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    It also comes to mind that I still don't have the Monte Carlo catalyst despite the gun being permanently attached to my Titan's hand like I superglued it there with a Lego man. Admittedly I don't run a TON of strikes, but I would've thought I'd have gotten it by now.

Desire sensor procced, finally dropped yesterday off the nightfall.

• Options
    https://www.humblebundle.com/games/destiny-2-the-story-so-far
    6vinqjzv9xnm.png

Get all the D2 expansions (including 30th Anniversary and Forsaken Pack) for just $20, or upgrade Lightfall to the Annual Pass edition for $40 instead. The bundle is benefitting the Bungie Foundation.

• Options
  • Options
    God fucking dammit, just give me a Loaded Question with Pugilist and Demolitionist, Zavala, you cheap bastard.

Also fffffuck whoever decided focusing should take 5 engrams. JFC.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Stupid sandbox update and trials changes making me pay attention to destiny.

No! I won’t do it. I’m happy now!

616610-1.png