As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Wizards of the Ghost

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    true i guess there will be a raid exotic, i just have horrific luck so i never think about them

still don't have a collective obligation after like 30 something looted runs

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Bungie getting mad stingy with exotic weapons, only one exotic with the season again, no quest exotic 2 seasons in a row

You don’t think we’re getting a raid exotic?

There's an ornament for it in the collections right now
    It's Touch of Malice, got the same old perk and also has an alt-fire, after getting kills with the final round you can charge up and fire a big darkness ball that blinds enemies

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Tbh, I'm not over bothered by lack of quest exotics. There's only so much design space, and I'd rather we get interesting exotics than Jotun but cold or the like.

I'd swear I saw some rumoring on a quest exotics this season anyway, but that may be half informed

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I am not sure how I feel about Thunderclap. Not sure of the rules. Even with charged melee being a separate button, it'll still act like auto-melee and not activate at close range. And sometimes I can use it while sprinting (uncharged) and other times I can't, so sometimes I'll be meleeing it up, spamming and sprinting, and during my wild swings I'll briefly be pointed at a cone where there are no enemies, and blast it out, wasting it. Kinda feels like I need to fully separate my uncharged and charged melee buttons now (I've used auto on mb4, and charged on mb5).

Knockout is now a duration based buff and not a charge, so you can melee with it up and it'll no longer be consumed. It will, however, not refresh. Overall very nice and obviously great for anyone running melee wellmaker+bountiful wells because, as is tradition, all melee while Knockout-amped counts as a charged melee. Orbs everywhere.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Having caught up with the main showcase.

This is the first time in a while that my hype has actually been tempered/diminished. I mostly share Disrupter's concerns.
    As much as the mechanics may seem interesting of Strand, I worry about the PVP implications of Yet More Insane Movement.

And the "giant golden age city on Neptune featuring cool Guardians-But-Not" got stuck in my craw and I think annoyed me. I feel like it doesn't feel like Destiny to me. You mean to tell me that Dead Orbit, the Hidden/Ikora, Rasputin/Ana, Mara, Drifter, Elsie/Clovis, Mithrax, Caital, Calus, Savathun - none of these folks ever heard thing one about a parallel civilization for the past hand-wavey Destiny time?

I'm hopeful that the execution can be good, but it felt dissonant, and yeah, a bit of a cop out unless they sell it well.

Like yeah, mechanically having city-scapes and battles and spiderman action would be cool, but really not what I had anticipated and felt out of leeeeeeft field.
    When I first saw it I was expecting it to be us fighting amid the Last City itself. Then it turns out the fight is in another Last City.

We'll see how this all works and ties into the idea of "Lightfall", but so far it seems weird, doesn't fit with the feel of the series and irrelevant to the larger narrative at work.

It feels like it's gonna be more of the broader issues with Destiny's storytelling.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Wow, that lightfall logo is something. Guess we know what the intern worked on this past year.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    The new activity didnt let me progress my quest, give any rep or loot and I’m still at 0/3 runs after running it twice.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    The new activity didnt let me progress my quest, give any rep or loot and I’m still at 0/3 runs after running it twice.

You have to wait out the timer as long as possible, it's laggy based on how many people are logged in

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Sirialis wrote: »

You have to wait out the timer as long as possible, it's laggy based on how many people are logged in

I stayed the full duration you could stay like I always do, never got credit for either.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Yeah, just bad luck based on the lag then, should improve over time

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So yeah, I haven't finished the last two seasons passes now and honestly, I'm not the best person to listen to about it all but today's presentation was not really ... impressive? They played spiderman and really liked web slinging so we're getting that and hey, we're going to space wakanda by the way. Maybe they were hoping Disney would buy them but had to settle for Sony.

I dunno, I want to come back and play kings fall once or twice but I don't really feel like I will buy Lightyea....uh, Lightfall. Strand supers all look underwhelming; green nova bomb? Green titan stasis fists? Green lariat might be something.

Just.... hire some slick marketing assholes and let them do the presentations. Don't keep telling me there's all this new stuff in Destiny and just show me....all the same stuff that has always been in Destiny. Don't tell me this season turns it to 11, because you say that every season. Cabal with new backpacks are still just cabal.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Apparently heavy grenade launchers were accidentally buffed by 150% instead of 10%.

• Options
    Only thing I feel like I've lost on Arc titan is the Fists of Havok gets energy back on defeating enemies node.

They should add that to Eternal Warrior or something.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    How long do I have to claim the Gift of the Thunder Gods?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Is there a summary/wrap-up for the showcase somewhere? I'm at work and would like to catch up at lunchtime, but I'm not sitting through a 4 hour long preso.

26904.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Is there a summary/wrap-up for the showcase somewhere? I'm at work and would like to catch up at lunchtime, but I'm not sitting through a 4 hour long preso.

https://www.polygon.com/23308700/destiny-2-lightfall-season-plunder-darkness-subclass-kings-fall-raid-fortnite-epic-recap

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    The Fortnite warlock armor+photo finish shader looks pretty sick, it takes the rgb shader bits super well

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Getaway Artist + Delicate Tomb is just Amped + Amped Arc Souls 24/7. Have grenade back within seconds of spending it. No reason to ever not be amped.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Is it bad that I get enjoyment from the salty tears of players?

"Waah, Arc 3.0 isn't as powerful/good/fun as Void or Solar!"

Yeah, right buddy. You said the same thing about Solar 3.0 on the first day too (and probably Void 3.0 as well, but I was on hiatus from Destiny back then), and it turned out to be amazing. Maybe you just aren't very good at buildcrafting and should accept that? I'm not banking on Arc 3.0 being good in the ways that Bungie expected, but I'm willing to bet there is some ridiculous build out there that someone will find in the next few days. (Looks like it is going to be grenades.)

26904.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

So this is a thing, I guess because Destiny 2 is on the Epic store.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Oooof. Crucible is rough. Dunno if it’s the match making they enabled or the new movement of Titan and hunter but I’m getting wrecked

New Titan movement seems particularly annoying in the right hands

616610-1.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

So this is a thing, I guess because Destiny 2 is on the Epic store.

In September there will also be destiny 2 fall guys skins.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I looked up today's Destiny news, Witch Queen being free to play for the week was enough to wake me up. I'll be running that much (don't see myself rejoining the seasonal grind, however).

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Working as intended

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    The pirate theme is goofy, but I'm into it. I suppose the main story of a trail of relics will be breadcrumbs that eventually lead us to Neptune. Though I think there's one more season after this one before the expac? I imagine that'll be the real lead-in.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Yup, one more season.

One thing I'm already digging is that it's not just Fallen/Eliskni running these crews, but that there's plenty of Cabal as well. It's a nice touch. I almost wish we had some unaligned Hive crews (wouldn't really make sense given the current lore, but it would be fascinating)

Arclock is pretty damn fun so far. Viable in gms? I have no idea, it seems to rely on really chaining kills. But it's amazing in anything that's not top of the line content, and I think that new hat is going to be really strong, given how easily Arclock makes Ionic traces. Making them better for you and sharing the benefit to your teammates when you grab them, ontop of Arclocks superb aoe & great support in Arc Soul? Seems potent!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I still think this is why the raid is now on Friday again and not Saturday. System can't handle all the people on a Friday.
    august wrote: »
    Bungie develops in silos. I feel bad for the Crucible people.
    Having caught up with the main showcase.

This is the first time in a while that my hype has actually been tempered/diminished. I mostly share Disrupter's concerns.
    I agree as well. My main reaction when I saw all these humans who had abandoned and left Earth to its own devices was "THOSE MF'ers...!"

Even the friggin Awoken tried to help.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    Is it bad that I get enjoyment from the salty tears of players?

"Waah, Arc 3.0 isn't as powerful/good/fun as Void or Solar!"

Yeah, right buddy. You said the same thing about Solar 3.0 on the first day too (and probably Void 3.0 as well, but I was on hiatus from Destiny back then), and it turned out to be amazing. Maybe you just aren't very good at buildcrafting and should accept that? I'm not banking on Arc 3.0 being good in the ways that Bungie expected, but I'm willing to bet there is some ridiculous build out there that someone will find in the next few days. (Looks like it is going to be grenades.)

On the one hand, there will probably be some cool shit. Like, just throw Heart of Inmost Light on a Striker with the fast-activating Thruster class ability to just never stop spamming grenades and melees.

On the other, I definitely felt more excited looking at Void fragments than Solar's, and I felt more excited looking at Solar fragments than Arc's. Maybe that's just because of 3.0 fatigue, but the design and interplay between the frags just seems kinda uninspired.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    My fireteam was discussing it last night and, yeah, the Arc fragments felt severely underwhelming. Not a lot of stat boosts, either.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Each set of fragments has I think been progressively less interesting then the last. Stasis has I think the most fleshed out and interesting set.

The 3.0 system itself makes it hard to make them interesting and they seem to have mostly defaulted to fairly generic behaviour. It's also I think harder for light classes that are very damage focused.

• Options
    Like there are two reload fragments that don't really interact with other frags. And an 'while amped you generate orbs for rapid kills' and... okay? That might get more interesting when/if they buff CWL, but that's another frag that doesn't really interact or play off any others.

• Options
    I think the main issue is it seems hard to build towards being amped other than getaway artist. At least in pvp

Pve I’m just always amped

616610-1.png
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Crucible. Holy shit.

Every match is a nailbiter, and it's awesome.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Like there are two reload fragments that don't really interact with other frags. And an 'while amped you generate orbs for rapid kills' and... okay? That might get more interesting when/if they buff CWL, but that's another frag that doesn't really interact or play off any others.

CWL is still really good. High-Energy Fire or the weapon-specific ones are all still fantastic.

Also all the light subclasses have a "do X to get an orb" fragment.

• Options
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I think the main issue is it seems hard to build towards being amped other than getaway artist. At least in pvp

Pve I’m just always amped

Being amped feels very obvious gated off to be mostly a PvE thing. One warlock aspect is literally just "make it easier to get amped" and even that depends on ionic traces. Though Hunters actually have the easiest time of it since one of their melee attacks is just "become amped and also blind the enemy".

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Striker feels pretty fun and the new melee is more of a kamehameha than a punch which feels neat, with heavy handed I can chain melees pretty quick, but I'm not really getting the same ease of use for getting damage boosts as I did with solar, and I'm also no longer literally incapable of dying thanks to sunspots. Hard to say if thundercrash is worth the trade-offs.

• Options
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Striker feels pretty fun and the new melee is more of a kamehameha than a punch which feels neat, with heavy handed I can chain melees pretty quick, but I'm not really getting the same ease of use for getting damage boosts as I did with solar, and I'm also no longer literally incapable of dying thanks to sunspots. Hard to say if thundercrash is worth the trade-offs.

Solar titan is so OP it's hard for it to compare.

• Options
    Shared this in discord but
    7dhou9h5b5jv.png
    Quad 100s get

• Options
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Crucible. Holy shit.

Every match is a nailbiter, and it's awesome.

Disagree! I finally felt good at crucible again at the end of last season. Now control feels like fricken trials!

Whatever sbmm they are using feels way tighter than survival

616610-1.png