Options

Free Palestine From the River to the Sea

1505152535456»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Despite the phrasing of Israel "approving" this, it remains illegal for them to do so.

• Options
    There is some extremely disturbing footage out there of the aftermath of recent Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians.

Even seeing censored versions of it is harrowing, and I wish I hadn't seen it. Without getting into describing the specifics, understand that this is things actually done to Palestinians that were falsely claimed by Biden to have been done to Israelis.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I wish I believed in hell, a place Joe Biden and his supporters will absolutely be headed to if it exists

• Options
    I wish I believed in hell, a place Joe Biden and his supporters will absolutely be headed to if it exists

Further proof if needed
    BREAKING: The Lancet has just published this article "conservatively" estimating that the death toll in the Gaza genocide could be 186,000 people or more. That's 8% of the population, obliterated. These are apocalyptic figures.

Unfathomable to hear that a light estimate of the deaths you've perpetrated/endorsed/funded are almost a full tenth of a population and continue going on

• Options
    edited July 8
    And that's the conservative estimate.

Also today,
    Haaretz has released an investigation
    that shows the IDF did employ the Hannibal Directive on Oct 7th, issuing orders that "Not a single vehicle can return to Gaza," even if it meant at the expense of the lives of kidnapped civilians or soldiers.

Of course, this is just confirmation of what had been getting reported on all the way back in November, but back then the legacy Western media outlets were parroting the official Israeli line that any such reports were unfounded anti-Semitic slander, even in the face of first-hand accounts from IDF troops themselves.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    There is a lengthy piece from +972 Magazine about the rules of engagement - or rather, the lack thereof - that IDF troops in Gaza are operating under.
    Several sources described how the ability to shoot without restrictions gave soldiers a way to blow off steam or relieve the dullness of their daily routine. “People want to experience the event [fully],” S., a reservist who served in northern Gaza, recalled. “I personally fired a few bullets for no reason, into the sea or at the sidewalk or an abandoned building. They report it as ‘normal fire,’ which is a codename for ‘I’m bored, so I shoot.'”
    “There was total freedom of action,” said B., another soldier who served in the regular forces in Gaza for months, including in his battalion’s command center. “If there is [even] a feeling of threat, there is no need to explain — you just shoot.” When soldiers see someone approaching, “it is permissible to shoot at their center of mass [their body], not into the air,” B. continued. “It’s permissible to shoot everyone, a young girl, an old woman.”
    “It is forbidden to walk around, and everyone who is outside is suspicious,” B. continued. “If we see someone in a window looking at us, he is a suspect. You shoot. The [army’s] perception is that any contact [with the population] endangers the forces, and a situation must be created in which it is forbidden to approach [the soldiers] under any circumstances. [The Palestinians] learned that when we enter, they run away.”

Even in seemingly unpopulated or abandoned areas of Gaza, soldiers engaged in extensive shooting in a procedure known as “demonstrating presence.” S. testified that his fellow soldiers would “shoot a lot, even for no reason — anyone who wants to shoot, no matter what the reason, shoots.” In some cases, he noted, this was “intended to … remove people [from their hiding places] or to demonstrate presence.”
    Two of the soldiers interviewed for this article also described how burning Palestinian homes has become a common practice among Israeli soldiers, as first reported in depth by Haaretz in January. Green personally witnessed two such cases — the first an independent initiative by a soldier, and the second by commanders’ orders — and his frustration with this policy is part of what eventually led him to refuse further military service.

When soldiers occupied homes, he testified, the policy was “if you move, you have to burn down the house.” Yet for Green, this made no sense: in “no scenario” could the middle of the refugee camp be part of any Israeli security zone that might justify such destruction. “We are in these houses not because they belong to Hamas operatives, but because they serve us operationally,” he noted. “It is a house of two or three families — to destroy it means they will be homeless.
    “Before you leave, you burn down the house — every house,” B. reiterated. “This is backed up at the battalion commander level. It’s so that [Palestinians] won’t be able to return, and if we left behind any ammunition or food, the terrorists won’t be able to use it.”
    “We destroyed everything we wanted to,” Green testified. “This is not out of a desire to destroy, but out of total indifference to everything that belongs to [Palestinians]. Every day, a D-9 demolishes houses. I haven’t taken before-and-after photos, but I’ll never forget how a neighborhood that was really beautiful … is reduced to sand.”

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    There's footage floating around of Israel bombing a soccer game in a Palestinian refugee camp, so... be careful if you go browsing for news. Fuck Israel until the end of time.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Ken Klippenstein reports that the National Counterterrorism center is "now working overtime to find evidence of foreign funding of pro-Palestinian student protesters."
    On May 10, the Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray asking “whether the FBI had any related undercover employees, online covert employees, or confidential human sources” among what it called “pro-Hamas protests on college campuses.”

By sending the letter, Congress is in effect pressuring the FBI to penetrate the protests with both on-the-ground and online informants (if it hasn’t already). An obvious threat to the freedom of speech and association enshrined in the Constitution, the letter tries to circumvent these concerns by arguing that it is illegal to “endorse” or “espouse” terrorist groups — despite there being no evidence the protesters have done that.
    On May 14, the Chairs of the House Oversight and Education Committees sent a letter to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen requesting “Suspicious Activity Reports” (SARs) on organizations participating in the protests, groups like Students for Justice in Palestine, Jewish Voice for Peace and IfNotNow. The SARs would be based upon banking information.

“The Committees are investigating the sources of funding and financing for groups who are organizing, leading, and participating in pro-Hamas, antisemitic, anti-Israel, and anti-American protests with illegal encampments on American college campuses,” the letter reads. “This investigation relates both to malign influence on college campuses and to the national security implications of such influence on faculty and student organizations.”

Again, this kind of request is a pressure campaign to get the federal government to link the college protests to Hamas or other foreign bodies. But unlike the previous letter, Suspicious Activity Reports are a surveillance tool specifically designed to produce evidence of financing of terrorism.

In other news, the Gaza pier is going to be "permanently dismantled," because I guess the Biden administration has reached its limit deploying it to try and blow smoke up our asses about Israel not blocking humanitarian aid reaching Gaza.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Wouldn't be America without a state-sanctioned hunt of leftists and humanitarians.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Wouldn't be America without a state-sanctioned hunt of leftists and humanitarians.

Are you now, or have you ever, etc, et al, ad inf

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft/microsoft-killed-my-online-life-microsoft-is-reportedly-banning-palestinians-in-the-us-for-life-for-calling-relatives-in-gaza
    Today, BBC News put out an investigation having spoke to 20 Palestinians living abroad who claim Microsoft has permanently banned them from their systems for calling relatives in Gaza.

Israel is conducting a broad military operation in Gaza as of writing, displacing hundreds of thousands of people on what it says is a mission to destroy terror group Hamas — although an unimaginable number of innocent people, many of which are children, have been maimed, brutalized, and killed in the conflict. Naturally, concerned relatives who live abroad in nations like the United States have been leveraging online platforms to contact relatives. One such platform is Microsoft-owned Skype.

Skype might have fallen out of favor for general messaging purposes over platforms like WhatsApp and Telegram, but it remains an affordable service for calling cell phones directly via the web. Skype's phone-calling feature sets it apart from some of its competitors, and it has been described as a "lifeline" for those trying to ascertain the safety of relatives in conflict zones. Using it for this purpose may be risky, though.

Reportedly, Microsoft has been banning and wiping the accounts of users who have leveraged Skype to contact relatives in Gaza. In some cases, email accounts over a decade old have been locked, destroying access to banking accounts, OneDrive storage, and beyond. United States resident Salah Elsadi lost his account of over 15 years in the dragnet. "I've had this Hotmail for 15 years. They banned me for no reason, saying I have violated their terms — what terms? Tell me. I've filled out about 50 forms and called them many many times." Eiad Hametto from Saudi Arabia echoed the report, "We are civilians with no political background who just wanted to check on our families. They’ve suspended my email account that I’ve had for nearly 20 years. It was connected to all my work. They killed my life online."

Many of the users affected by the bans expressed that Microsoft may be falsely labelling them as Hamas, the terror group behind the notorious October 7 massacre that killed hundreds of concert goers near Re'im in Israel. Microsoft declined to respond to the accusation, but claimed that it doesn't block calls or ban users based on geographical location. "Blocking in Skype can occur in response to suspected fraudulent activity," a Microsoft spokesperson told the BBC — potentially implying there's more to the story. Still, it's of little comfort to those banned, who aren't given detailed information on exactly why they were banned.

• Options
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

IDF on decision to shell house with hostages in Be'eri on October 7: "The tank fire toward the house was done professionally, in a joint decision of commanders from all organizations, after much thought and assessment of the situation"

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-07-11/ty-article/.premium/israeli-army-says-it-failed-to-protect-kibbutz-beeri-residents-in-oct-7-hamas-attack/00000190-a213-dd20-abfa-fe1748d00000
    The investigation found that hundreds of soldiers from various units were near the entrance to the kibbutz but refrained from entering; that the troops evacuated wounded soldiers even as civilians were being murdered in their homes and kidnapped to the Gaza Strip; that they didn't help civilians who managed to rescue themselves; and that they sometimes left the kibbutz without informing their commanders. It also found that the soldiers fought unprofessionally in an area full of civilians.
    Shells fired at Pessi's house
    The report also presents the sequence of events before and during the Hamas seizure of the home of Pessi Cohen, where terrorists holed up with 15 hostages, 13 of whom were ultimately killed.

According to the findings, shortly after 3 P.M., Yasmin Porat, one of the hostages who came to the house after having fled the Nova rave in Re'im, called the police and reported that the terrorists were holding about 50 hostages "in the dining room."
    Porat was referring to the dining room in Pessi's home, but her words were misunderstood. Moreover, a Shin Bet force that arrived on the scene spotted two bound hostages on the lawn – but the report was not properly passed on to the other forces in the area.
    Shortly after 4:30 P.M., the army fired two LAU missiles at the house, without knowing how many hostages are being held inside the house. Around this time, Col. Nissim Hazan arrived with a tank that was hit in an adjacent area, with the idea of using the tank to pressure the terrorists inside the house. Also, a Yamam team (Police Special Anti-Terror Unit) began negotiating with the terrorists to try to get them to surrender and release the hostages.
    The effort paid off, and at 4:50 P.M., one of the terrorists emerged in his underwear, holding Porat as a human shield – and released her. The terrorists then called out in Arabic to his comrades in the house, and tried to persuade them to surrender.
    At 5:20 P.M., a decision was made to use the tank to apply pressure. At 5:53, before the arrival of 99th Division commander Brigadier Gen. Barak Hiram, a shaped charge, a shell shaped to focus the effect of the explosive's energy, was fired from the tank and struck the path between two houses. This charge was the first of four to be fired at the house.
    At 6 P.M., Hiram arrived on the scene and gave approval for tank fire, including shells, as a pressure tactic prior to breaching – out of concern that the terrorists will manage to flee under cover of the encroaching darkness.
    At 6:32 P.M., the terrorists told the forces they intend to kill themselves. By 7 P.M., three more shells were fired, including one aimed at the floor and one aimed at the attic. The IDF estimates shrapnel from those shells hit Adi Dagan, who was killed, and Hadas Dagan, who was wounded.
    The probes asseses that most hostages in Cohen's house were killed by the terrorists, and were not hurt by the shells, but this cannot be confirmed, the IDF said, because the bodies were burned.
    Concluding that the terrorists are not going to surrender, at 7:56 P.M., Yamam and Shin Bet forces set out on an operation to seize control of the house, and managed to rescue two hostages.
    Contrary to the testimony of the two, who survived and said that some of the hostages were killed when they got caught in the line of fire between the terrorists and the Yamam and Shin Bet forces, the army told the Be'eri families that to their understanding, no civilians were hit by gunfire inside the house.
    As for the functioning of the senior commanders on the scene, the probe says they worked "with coordiantion and professionalism in light of a difficult, complex reality," it reads.
    The probe's conclusions state that "in light of the difficult and complex circumstances, the commanders and forces who operated in the event made professional and responsible decisions, and negotiated to the best of their abilities."
    "The tank fire toward the house was done professionally, in a joint decision of commanders from all organizations, after much thought and assessment of the situation, and in order to apply pressure on the terrorists and save the hostages."

• Options
    I remember reading the eyewitness testimonies of the surviving hostages and some of the tank crew months ago.
    The probes asseses that most hostages in Cohen's house were killed by the terrorists, and were not hurt by the shells, but this cannot be confirmed, the IDF said, because the bodies were burned.

One wonders if this destroyed house and the burned bodies - the result of intentional Israeli tank fire - were part of that propaganda parade Israel still continues to engage in to justify their genocide.

• Options
    https://x.com/asadabukhalil/status/1812112076975804461 https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/13/veterans-warn-of-echoes-from-1982-lebanon-war-as-new-conflict-looms-on-israels-northern-borders?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
    ““We did in Beirut exactly what we are doing in Gaza. We turned off the water, the electricity, everything. But there was no social media so people didn’t know so much,” said Dr Ahron Bregman, who served as an Israeli soldier during the 1982 conflict”

https://x.com/LexiAlex/status/1812117226289508795
    This was the war that Ronald Reagan stopped because the images coming out of Lebanon were too much. He called it a Holocaust and made Israel stop. Never talk to me again about the lesser evil Democrats

GSXu1bIXYAA5trA?format=jpg&name=small

Do you know how much work it takes to be outflanked from the left by Reagan on anything, genocide Joe?

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Israel is certainly keeping busy. Yesterday they bombed a refugee camp in southern Gaza, killing at least 90 people while claiming they did it to take out a Hamas leader

Much more recently, they bombed a UN school that was sheltering refugees, killing 17 and wounding 80 more.

These atrocities are what the Biden administration continues to supply, despite a growing call to stop. I'm astounded that this hasn't left a deep scar in the US's international reputation yet.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Israel is certainly keeping busy. Yesterday they bombed a refugee camp in southern Gaza, killing at least 90 people while claiming they did it to take out a Hamas leader

Much more recently, they bombed a UN school that was sheltering refugees, killing 17 and wounding 80 more.

These atrocities are what the Biden administration continues to supply, despite a growing call to stop. I'm astounded that this hasn't left a deep scar in the US's international reputation yet.

Honestly we've had, in order:

W. Bush - Afghanistan and Iraq
    Obama - prolonging Afghanistan, shaping the drone war into what it looks like today and the two more positive foreign policy things he had going both got erased by Trump
    Trump - waking nightmare who cozied up to low rent dictators and shit on our closest allies loudly and repeatedly and set the table for the end of Afghanistan to be a humanitarian nightmare
    Biden - Obama was willing to normalize relations with Iran to weaken the position and influence of Saudi Arabia and Israel. Biden hasn't met a bad idea from either that he isn't willing to back. I support us helping Ukraine but honestly his actions sometimes read like he's trying to bleed Russia more then help the Ukrainians

Like it's not good before that and Obama is easily the best of the bunch in the last forty years, but yeah what little reputation we've been holding onto has been taking hits left and right.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Obama signed off on more covert air strikes in the first year of his presidency than W did his entire tenure. By the end of it he'd okayed about 10x as many.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Obama admin being the "due process is not necessarily judicial process" admin

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Bush was kind of busy invading whole countries rather than bothering with the minutiae of bombing individuals. Lets not sell him short.

• Options
    edited July 15
    Seal wrote: »
    Bush was kind of busy invading whole countries rather than bothering with the minutiae of bombing individuals. Lets not sell him short.

"Precision strike" does not mean that only a single individual gets killed by them.

Like, there were multiple "precision strikes" on a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Obama signed off on more covert air strikes in the first year of his presidency than W did his entire tenure. By the end of it he'd okayed about 10x as many.

I mean I agree and the guy is shit.

He's also probably the best of the bunch of the last forty years and that's not even damning with faint praise.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »

"Precision strike" does not mean that only a single individual gets killed by them.

Like, there were multiple "precision strikes" on a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan.

And also the idea of just blanket identifying males above 18 as combatants is a thing that took place under his admin.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

Anyone who looks at the current genocide in Gaza and war in Ukraine and goes "drones can drop missiles??" Completely ignored Obama's foreign policy and I hate it

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    "magic death middle from the sky better drop as many as I can before the world learns of this tech'

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    now with the modern drones you get to watch the victim's death throes and listen to eurodance at the same time

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

I mean I agree and the guy is shit.

He's also probably the best of the bunch of the last forty years and that's not even damning with faint praise.

Whereas I would say that this is a situation where the phrase "damning with faint praise" was invented for.

• Options
    jesus fucking christ man https://x.com/mviser/status/1812930042894426409
    President Biden: "By the way, I’m the guy who did more for the Palestinian community than anybody. I’m the guy that opened up all the assets. I’m the guy that made sure the Egyptians opened up the border to let goods through”

https://x.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1812957540701118894

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    He’s done a ton for Palestinians. Several tons. Megatons.

Almost none of it was good, but he’s certainly done a lot.