As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WB MultiVersus] is complicated

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Gandalf the Grey (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring)
    Oh yeah, it's def 1v1, in 2v2 he sucks.

I agree the game is meant to be balanced around 2v2, but that doesn't mean you can have a broken char in 1v1.

He needs a kit rework, it's going to be difficult to do though. I'm glad they are trying new things at least but it's pretty clear he needs a rework. A character shouldn't revolve around a single strategy, there should be some options but he basically had one avenue to win a match.

Dixon on
    taliosfalcon
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Karoz's were bad and they should feel bad!
    It seems criminal that they are adding stripe before gizmo

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    asofyeun
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

Gizmo is a pacifist

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Except that time he burned Mohawk alive in Gremlins 2 I guess

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Except that time he burned Mohawk alive in Gremlins 2 I guess

I guess they pushed him too far...

KoopahTroopahRoyallyFlushed
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Absolutely not. Gizmo is still coming, and Stripe got me to go "oh hell ya". Gimme all the gremlins.

KoopahTroopah on
    vamen
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Brain Gremlin or bust.

Also, I just IMDBed the actor who plays Gremlins because I have thought about him in 20+ years and saw this on his IMDB:

g7gmj2bzrfbq.jpg

vamen on
    taliosfalconKoopahTroopahJohnny Chopsocky
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Absolutely not. Gizmo is still coming, and Stripe got me to go "oh hell ya". Gimme all the gremlins.

I hope Brainy gremlin is a costume.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    vamenKoopahTroopah
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Brain Gremlin or bust.

Also, I just IMDBed the actor who plays Gremlins because I have thought about him in 20+ years and saw this on his IMDB:

g7gmj2bzrfbq.jpg

Yeah, it's an animated thing starring Gizmo that's set in 1920s China if I'm remembering right. Still no trailer yet.

Kinda surprised they didn't hold Stripe back for that, especially since we're getting goddamn Grumpy Shazam.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Dr. Girlfriend (The Venture Bros.)
    Morty coming before Rick surprised me as well; I wonder if it's just a matter of which characters are achieving playability in development first. Maybe Stripe is just easier to design.

That being said, fuuuuuuck yeah dude he's gotta be fun to play

KoopahTroopah
    edited August 2022
    Morty coming before Rick surprised me as well; I wonder if it's just a matter of which characters are achieving playability in development first. Maybe Stripe is just easier to design.

That being said, fuuuuuuck yeah dude he's gotta be fun to play

Ricks been done for a while you can see his whole moveset on youtube. Morty is interesting because nobody has any clue what his moveset it ( though we know he has a Plumbus and possibly an Orange juice taunt/Victory screen)

King Riptor on
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Its rumored that Morty has grenades, a laser that creates snakes, a plumbus, axes, and a decoy/portal.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Noxy wrote: »
    Its rumored that Morty has grenades, a laser that creates snakes, a plumbus, axes, and a decoy/portal.

I don't know ANYTHING about him as a character, but sign me up for that loadout.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

I hope Brainy gremlin is a costume.
    Too bad Tony Randall is dead :/

YL9WnCY.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I'm bit skittish on PvP but I gotta say some of my recent vs AI matches have been suuuuuuper laggy, like almost to the point of unplayable.

Anyone else having that problem? Guess I should turn off crossplay?

In other news looks like the latest update made it so players with mods installed can't boot up the game

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I'm bit skittish on PvP but I gotta say some of my recent vs AI matches have been suuuuuuper laggy, like almost to the point of unplayable.

Anyone else having that problem? Guess I should turn off crossplay?

In other news looks like the latest update made it so players with mods installed can't boot up the game

Last time I tried disabling crossplay, not only did it not work, it made rematch impossible.

Basically, it would still put console users in lobbies, but after the first round, if everyone rematched, it would kick out to the menu because it detected players on other systems.

NoxyKing RiptorKaroz
    Jesus fuck I need all of Steven's side normals to NOT be fucking charge moves, cause these goddamn people with the worst internet known to man means even at a tap, I can't get a move to come out without it charging halfway.

edited August 2022
    I've been kinda surprised by all the lag complaints, I've been playing a lot spread across pc , Xbox and
    PS5 and I'd say maybe, 1/10 games have noticeable lag. The rest are full green bars and perfect

taliosfalcon on
    edited August 2022
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Jesus fuck I need all of Steven's side normals to NOT be fucking charge moves, cause these goddamn people with the worst internet known to man means even at a tap, I can't get a move to come out without it charging halfway.

Every moveset needs massive overhauls because honestly unless you're a pro player a character like Steven has way to high of a learning curve and that's one kids will want to use

King Riptor on
    I've been kinda surprised by all the lag complaints, I've been playing a lot spread across pc , Xbox and
    PS5 and I'd say maybe, 1/10 games have noticeable lag. The rest are full green bars and perfect

I mainly play vs AI which you would think would be easiest but teammates and AI jump around so much that sometimes the bots just sit there for a second cause they are downright confused.

edited August 2022
    Docshifty wrote: »

Every moveset needs massive overhauls because honestly unless you're a pro player a character like Steven has way to high of a learning curve and that's one kids will want to use

I've taken to using Steven's air moves almost entirely as his offense, aside from specials. The grounded side normals are so laggy, people fall out of his side combo at first hit at anything under like 40 damage.

It is serviceable, and I mean, I'm Steven, my biggest benefit is surprise ambushes with ally shielding. But still.

Docshifty on
    King Riptor
    https://youtu.be/XS5iSYoPttQ

PIVOT fucking killed me

KarozMcFodderMagell
    How tf you spend seven straight seconds in your item shop Finn. Grab shit and gtf back to the fight!

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Up Special kills as Superman are incredibly funny.

Oh you want to recovery high, Arya? Allow me to assist

YL9WnCY.png
    Ivan Hunger
    Mortys losing animation is *chef's kiss*

I don't like his neutral attack being the laser with a huge dead zone in front though should be his neutral special imo

edited August 2022
    I am getting a ton more Steve universe's on my team in games for some reason, and I feel like every time I have one it's essentially a guaranteed loss and it's making me a sad panda

taliosfalcon on
    I am getting a ton more Steve universe's on my team in games for some reason, and I feel like every time I have one it's essentially a guaranteed loss and it's making me a sad panda

He's in the free rotation and requires generous use of neutral dodge, something that is actively detrimental to every other character.

Karoz
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Dr. Girlfriend (The Venture Bros.)
    I've been leveling Taz because I want the icon but it has been a struggle

I think it might just be the fact that I'm simply not too good at the game but I feel like I get hit out of everything, and the only time I can get reliable hits in is if the enemy is whiffing or occupied with my teammate

edited August 2022
    asofyeun wrote: »

I think it might just be the fact that I'm simply not too good at the game but I feel like I get hit out of everything, and the only time I can get reliable hits in is if the enemy is whiffing or occupied with my teammate

I started having a lot more luck with Taz when I began incorporating his air neutral normal and ground neutral normal. The lick has stupid range and the armor on the ground spit let's you shut down so much. Fought a Batman duo that fell to pieces when they realized double grapplehook just let me stack Tasty on both at the same time with 0 risk.

The spin lick is great for shutting down people trying to return to the stage as well. It is so good.

Docshifty on
    https://www.gamespot.com/amp-gallery/multiversus-tier-list-all-18-characters-ranked/2900-4231/

Jake as worst character and IG as 4th best is some real lol.

GameSpot, you crazy.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bachelor (The Bachelor)
    Can't spell ignorant without IGN.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    KarozKoopahTroopah
    asofyeun wrote: »

They devs have stated the hotboxes are all fucked up and will be fixed in an upcoming patch. It's definitely been worse the past few days though

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah Jake and T&J still remain to be the worst to fight. Shaggy is annoying but I think he's just the new Finn. Easy to do decent with.

Haven't played much recently though as my duo's partner just had a kid.

How is Morty? anyone played him much?

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my quick impression of him (having not actually played him, just looking at his kit in training mode) is he's a lot like bugs. utility / long range cd specials and then some really good normals. but he doesn't seem as straight forward as bugs - the grenades are powerful but need good situational awareness, the shots are fairly precise projectiles as opposed to rocket/safe being massive and just going through other projectiles, etc.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    He has a perk that makes the grenade area of effect massive and in trans that will likely shine since he can give them to team mates.

Can there be a ranked match mode already so I can stop facing tryhards?

Otherwise fuck this game, there's no point for a casual like me to play it.

King Riptor
    Karoz wrote: »
    Can there be a ranked match mode already so I can stop facing tryhards?

Otherwise fuck this game, there's no point for a casual like me to play it.
    Ranked should come with the hitbox patch.
    What ultimately will kill this game is their promise to balance for pro players
    Also the insane lack of stages

I for one do not care at all about stages. It could only have one stage and it'd be no skin of my back. I'm happy they're focusing on characters first