As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WB MultiVersus] is coming back

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I like the stages at the beginning, when they've got sides to em to bounce people off of. Once that goes away they get kinda dull.

Except for Tree Fort. As always, fuck Tree Fort.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Dr. Girlfriend (The Venture Bros.)
    i looked up some combo videos and i have learned that my fingers are not good for combos

i need a ganondorf or ike, i can string together 2 hits maybe

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I like the stages at the beginning, when they've got sides to em to bounce people off of. Once that goes away they get kinda dull.

I got tree fort like 6 times in a row yesterday and like there's an entire multi hour soundtrack for adventure time and they have these 2 shit remixes which is just adding insult to injury

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Karoz's were bad and they should feel bad!

I got tree fort like 6 times in a row yesterday and like there's an entire multi hour soundtrack for adventure time and they have these 2 shit remixes which is just adding insult to injury

Ok i was wrong that i said stages don' tmatter to me; i *despise* tree fort. it penalizes certain characters movesets that i frequently play (reindog)so badly i just hate it.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Karoz wrote: »
    Can there be a ranked match mode already so I can stop facing tryhards?

Otherwise fuck this game, there's no point for a casual like me to play it.
    Ranked should come with the hitbox patch.
    What ultimately will kill this game is their promise to balance for pro players
    Also the insane lack of stages
    They’ve already done some changes for lower level play, and I think T&J haven’t gotten nerfed all that hard because only a very small group of players can reach their full potential.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Ok i was wrong that i said stages don' tmatter to me; i *despise* tree fort. it penalizes certain characters movesets that i frequently play (reindog)so badly i just hate it.

Notably early on they said stages would have multiple layouts like smash and where the fuck is that? Sometimes I'll get a battlefield ( which is actually shit for this game) but usually it's like one very bland layout

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

Gizmo renounced his vow of non-violence?

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Dr. Girlfriend (The Venture Bros.)
    Gizmo went Rambo and killed a gremlin in Gremlins 2 (the Spider Gremlin, I think?), so not exactly a pacifist

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Gandalf the Grey (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring)
    asofyeun wrote: »
    Gizmo went Rambo and killed a gremlin in Gremlins 2 (the Spider Gremlin, I think?), so not exactly a pacifist

Rambo Gizmo better be the first additional skin. And I definitely hope he has the rocket launcher as a move.

Regarding stages, I would definitely love to see more dynamic stages. I was really fond of the Injustice type levels where you'd break through walls into other areas. Anything would be nice to give the stages a little more 'umf!"

vamen on
  • Options
    Gizmo was delayed

Cause somehow they keep doing this..

And honestly I'd be a lot happier with that hitbox rework. Cause it is actually exhausting to play sometimes.

• Options
    They need to stop announcing things they're clearly not ready to do that kind of thing yet

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Such a bizarre thing especially since he was delayed by...two days.

• Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »

And the delay was announced the day after he was revealed. Just, really strange. Like, what did they find in those 20 hours that made them go "We need two more days"

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    And the delay was announced the day after he was revealed. Just, really strange. Like, what did they find in those 20 hours that made them go "We need two more days"
    Apparently Gizmo would get insta knocked out seconds after each respawn (except when playing in the Batcave or Scooby's Haunted Mansion) and the frame rate would drop to single digits if he fell down the edges of Trophy’s EDGE. :p

• Options

On the other hand, "Whoops, forgot Monday was Labor Day!" - Me, at least 3 times last week.

• Options
    Datamining has a render for Black Lantern Superman (and some datamined voice lines hint at possibly Batman? Hard to say), and a Darkest Night themed event for Halloween would be really cool. Especially if we get some Black Lantern variants for non-DC characters.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Datamining has a render for Black Lantern Superman (and some datamined voice lines hint at possibly Batman? Hard to say), and a Darkest Night themed event for Halloween would be really cool. Especially if we get some Black Lantern variants for non-DC characters.

Which ones have ever died and come back to life? The hand of Nekron shall be upon them!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Decided to give Harley a try and JFC

is this how people feel? After playing postnerf Taz, prebuff Arya, and Steven, this is like easy mode! The KOs come so fast, so easily, you can autopilot her and have like, no issues at all.

• Options
    Decided to give Harley a try and JFC

is this how people feel? After playing postnerf Taz, prebuff Arya, and Steven, this is like easy mode! The KOs come so fast, so easily, you can autopilot her and have like, no issues at all.

She feels closest to a smash character and this game can't handle that

• Options
    I will say, Harley is the only one so far, that I've been consistently getting side specials instead of up specials.

Seems odd to happen now, after 20 levels each of Taz, Arya, Steven, and WW, to be running in to the problem.

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    bxjp90w1pgev.png

I might have played this game a bit too much :D

• Options
    Happy Gizmo Day!

Also hurtbox update day!

https://multiversus.bugs.wbgames.com/patch-notes

hurtbox_2.jpg

This alone is gonna be huge.

• Options
    Oh my god, that box. They launched with that.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    surprised velma got away with a light touch and garnet didn't get buffed more. if it was across the board light touches because we are doing a bunch of system changes and aren't sure how exactly the balance is going to shake out, that would make more sense to me. doesn't really matter i guess since whatever patch that implements combo decay may also drastically change things

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Gizmo is uh weird alright. He feels very under tuned compared to *every* other character but he's also very quirky so it might just be a very, very high skill floor.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Based on the way all his skills interact with each other, yeah, I'm going to guess he's a high skill character, very curious how well people are doing with him after a few days.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    I've played a few matches with Harley, Velma, and Taz and so far no more big problems with hit boxes.

Gizmo is annoying as hell to hit in the air chase. He can use arrows to hit stun and then combo into side air normals, so chasing with Taz was really tough for me so far. Love Giz' kit though, very quirky and really interesting. I don't know how strong it is yet, but I like it. Need like 600 more gold before I can afford him.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I am still getting Gizmo to 15 and I am far from the best player... but definitely a character that requires more skill.

There is a lot of play that can be done with his popcorn, and that can really make a difference in how much damage you put on enemies. I've learned to use the car a lot. It can be very useful to pop up on the back wheels and jump out so that the car flies off the edge and can hit people trying to come back. His air down special is a pretty decent spike, too!

But yeah, to get the most out of him, you really need to utilize his kit. Unfortunately, it takes practice because his kit is skill shot city.

EDIT: Yeah, really not great with this character. :(

slrut4rpti2a.png

Noxy on
  • Options
    42uz9yvm43n91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=8b8888a62a9ef7956732e5ded6ae85464eae2dd0

Today and tomorrow last days to do this.

I dunno what happened in the latest update but I can finally play without lag...oh my god this is so much better, the game feels so much better.

Batman's kit is...kinda weird cause instead of having an alt move with his default batrang he just wanks about "out of batarang" and does nothing which is weird compared to the host of others. Grapple is nice but predictable.

Finally getting to play Harley and lordy she is fun. Iron Giant I wish I liked more but he's just a big ol target without much to show for it.

• Options
    Hurtboxes are better, but a lot of hitboxes are still jank, like getting caught in Superman’s side B from behind.

That will take more time to sort out though

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Yeah the hurtboxes are way better but the hitboxes still feel infuriating. A combination of some moves just being massive hitboxes, or massively disjointed, and no clash or priority systems.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Started playing a lot of Morty and he is crazy good. He just feels like such a troll character and his down special which can save teammates is so incredibly useful.

My buddy goes as Taz and we stack the on-hit 0.5 CD perk. We're basically no CD's.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    you have lots of stuff where the hitboxes seem completely absurd (superman fly, jake house, some of taz's stuff seems impossible to beat for certain characters?)
    which wouldn't necessarily be a problem if you could just dodge and punish but almost everything has zero recovery so...

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Took a look at Rick. I like him more than Morty for my style. Shop still isn't up and I have no desire to finish the battle pass .

King Riptor on
  • Options
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    If you, like me, were wondering if this game was quietly canned, since nothing's been announced since Marvin the Martian arrived in November, I have good news! The game is apparently still in open beta, and that open beta will end in June, with the game actually returning in "early 2024." ...did I mean "good news?" I meant "what the fuck."

So, can you get a refund for all the money you spent on, apparently, an open beta? The answer is apparently "BWAHAHAHAHA no fuck you."

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    VontreVontre Registered User regular
    Aku (Samurai Jack)
    It's insanely frustrating that good Smash-like IP is somehow handed out to these absurdly incompetent studios. Nick Brawl was a disaster and this game straight up lied about having rollback netcode (they don't). I mean look at the fucking hurtboxes they launched with, we had that sort of stuff worked out during prototype already because it's massively critical to making a fighting game feel and play correctly. There's no way they could have a decent game ready by 2024 at this point.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Yeah this sucks to see. I still play this game fairly often. (Somehow close to 500 hours)

The last season was already extended from mid Feb to end of march after a horribly grindy season pass.

The hitbox changes they’ve made have been decent but the 3d to 2d hit boxes are only 1/3rd implemented and their balance changes are all over the place.

I think they had so much content close by o being finished prior to launching and then releasing a new character so often at the start set a precedent where the audience expected it.

I have a feeling with it being a new dev studio they don’t have the operational side defined well enough to work efficiently.

Dixon on