As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Total War] Pharaoh clever title

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    do daemonettes count as crabs

Got them crab claws.

They honorary crabs!

Elvenshae
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Bloated Corpses have always been fine. The only Vampirates unit that is garbage is Depth Guard, who both perform poorly and don't even have a role in the roster.
    Vic wrote: »
    I'm baffled by the fact that the Chaos Dwarves aren't in the game yet. I found the notion of them making four separate chaos factions for a single release difficult to believe before it was confirmed, but for it to be five chaos factions and then follow it with the first dlc being four more is kinda nuts.

Chaos Dwarves are a bit chaosy too, sure, but they will be a breath of fresh air when they finally arrive.
    As a point of order, the first DLC is a race pack that's just 4 LLs for one single faction (they all live under WoC).

--

Anyway, I'm doing Eshin first. I've been jonesing for rats again for awhile and while they didn't move quite as far east as I wanted, their new location is still good.

you will be happy to hear that the depth guard are getting boosted. With the healing upgrades undead are getting they are a force to be reckoned with

KarozdanxMoridin889Fencingsax
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Karoz wrote: »

Probably going with Festus since I haven't done a proper Nurgle campaign but Azazel is up there as well.

Valkia then Vilitch last unless I have a compelling reason to try them earlier.

Is it just me or does that make it look like Azazel is starring in a new Pixar movie?

HappylilElf on
    KarozElvenshaeFiendishrabbitUnluckydanxMoridin889XantomasOlivawLord_Asmodeus
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited August 2022

Got them crab claws.

They honorary crabs!

I think the real crab in the Slaaneshi roster is the Soul Grinder. It scuttles up on crab-like legs to fuck things up with it’s claws.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    Karoz
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Depth guard do look sick as heck tho

danxFiatilDark_Side
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    Weren't Depth Guard fairly strong before getting nerfed? Maybe I'm thinking of another unit actually. VCoast got nerfed a few times back then.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    Weren't Depth Guard fairly strong before getting nerfed? Maybe I'm thinking of another unit actually. VCoast got nerfed a few times back then.

Depth guard had a low model count so they couldn't really do what they wanted to do. Especially with the regen caps.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    This is $24.95. I can understand the pricing. It's 4 lords, and while it's an existing race (Warriors of Chaos), they're also adding a bunch of new monogod stuff, plus dragging over units from Daemons, plus giving them their own stories and strategy layer mechanics.

It's not quire as expensive as a 4 lord race pack, but they did a lot more work than you'd expect to just bring in some new Warriors of Chaos lords.

The "X of Y" units are the same as the current Chaos Warrior versions, just with new heads, shields, and weapons. The only fully new unit is the Chaos Warshrine... and as I type this, I remember that the Blood Shrine of Khorne already had the top piece modeled, so it's actually just the Warshrine's bearers that are totally new.

The faction mechanics seem to be mostly borrowed from the base game three Chaos factions - they're not breaking new ground like Ikit's Workshop or Grom's Cauldron.

Which in-and-of-itself isn't a complaint - it's a Lord Pack. When they gave out the info that there would be four lords and a ton of units, I was expecting that the units would be pretty minor variations of existing things... but I wasn't expecting the price to creep up to near that of a Campaign Pack if that was going to be the case. (Actually, I'd have preferred if they went the extra step and made this a full Campaign Pack, with entirely new "X of Y" units.)

Dark_Side
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So after watching the internets reaction to the Valkia trailer I have realized is that the reason why 99% of trailers are so dumb is because 99% of the population is unable to absorb any message that isn't dumb.

My reaction to the Valkia video: "Cool. So she's overall encouraging her forces, but they're outnumbered and stalling. So she burst down, defeats a bunch of enemies, draws in a bunch of other enemies (who are attacking her and doing jack shit) to distract them and then bursts free and encourages her berserkers to take to the offensive again"

Internets reaction: "hyuk hyuk lady got stomped by maraaaauders. She weak."

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    danxElvenshae
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    This is $24.95. I can understand the pricing. It's 4 lords, and while it's an existing race (Warriors of Chaos), they're also adding a bunch of new monogod stuff, plus dragging over units from Daemons, plus giving them their own stories and strategy layer mechanics.

It's not quire as expensive as a 4 lord race pack, but they did a lot more work than you'd expect to just bring in some new Warriors of Chaos lords.

The "X of Y" units are the same as the current Chaos Warrior versions, just with new heads, shields, and weapons. The only fully new unit is the Chaos Warshrine... and as I type this, I remember that the Blood Shrine of Khorne already had the top piece modeled, so it's actually just the Warshrine's bearers that are totally new.

The faction mechanics seem to be mostly borrowed from the base game three Chaos factions - they're not breaking new ground like Ikit's Workshop or Grom's Cauldron.

Which in-and-of-itself isn't a complaint - it's a Lord Pack. When they gave out the info that there would be four lords and a ton of units, I was expecting that the units would be pretty minor variations of existing things... but I wasn't expecting the price to creep up to near that of a Campaign Pack if that was going to be the case. (Actually, I'd have preferred if they went the extra step and made this a full Campaign Pack, with entirely new "X of Y" units.)

I was just trying to say, more work went into it than is probably thought. It's easy to say 'this was just copy pasted from elsewhere' but it's never actually that simple on the back end. They already said in one of their earlier videos that preparing Immortal Empires involved a lot of new asset creation - they can't just copy/paste things from Warhammer 2 and put it in Warhammer 3. I wouldn't be surprised if the effort on the Warriors of Chaos asset rework is being offset by this pack.

We'll see if there's race pack price creep when Chaos Dwarves or whatever is next releases.

-Loki- on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Depth guard had a low model count so they couldn't really do what they wanted to do. Especially with the regen caps.
    Depth Guard can kill things if you set things up for them but, like a lot of no shield high value infantry, they just fucking die if the enemy ranged can look at them. They also had a low model count so you needed to screen them in melee with chaff on top of that to prevent them from getting surrounded.

Combine that with the fact that most of Vampirates roster real kill pressure is from their gunners and artillery and your real goal should be screening for them and you end up with a unit that you don't really ever have a reason to field. It's the Hammerer problem.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited August 2022
    That was the best bit of the trailer. The trailer shows what a badass Valkia was. In fact the trailers have all been good at showing the personality of the LL. It's the more scripted battle interactions to show off the units that I found a lacking compared to previous trailers. As character introductions they're quite good.

Valkia seems to be getting it worse than the others. I wonder why. Oh wait... I read one comment that was basically "it's cos strong woman are weak actually. this is what we get for all the woke bs". They were 100% serious about it. I paraphrased it because it was way worse that that. The fuck is wrong with people.

danx on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I found quite a lot of use for Depth guard with my trident tactics. Form your melee units into three spearpoints, with crabs up front and depth guard behind. Form handgunners into two lines between the spearpoints (supported by your lords&heroes) and artillery behind. As soon as your handgunners start firing you charge forward with your spearpoints. The crabs go straight forwards and form a protective point, the depthguard breaks off to the sides and engage any enemy trying to reach your gunners while your lords&heroes also charge forward.

A lot of enemies just break instantly when charged in the side by depthguard, handgunners unleashing fire from the front and a vampire captain/lord charging into them as well. After that your depthguard can roll up whatever engaged your crabs, and then the battle is won.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Dark_Side
    edited August 2022
    Is this some regional pricing/currency weirdness causing the discrepancy? In the UK

Lord packs £8
    Campaign packs £15
    Ogres £10
    Chaos Champs £13
    Norsca £8

So between £3-£5 per legendary lord. The champs are not a new race so there's a bit of a discount but the pattern holds. The ones that don't fit are beastmen and wood elfs but they have mini campaigns.

danx on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Yeah, Ogres fits in with that the same way as Chaos Champions. Chaos Champions gives a small discount because it's an old race in a 4 lord pack. Ogres has a slight price increase - by the same amount - because it's a new race in a 2 lord pack. Norsca is the same price as a 2 lord pack and a new race though, so there's argument Ogres are a bit too expensive.

-Loki- on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Is this some regional pricing/currency weirdness causing the discrepancy? In the UK

Lord packs £8
    Campaign packs £15
    Ogres £10
    Chaos Champs £13
    Norsca £8

So between £3-£5 per legendary lord. The champs are not a new race so there's a bit of a discount but the pattern holds. The ones that don't fit are beastmen and wood elfs but they have mini campaigns.
    IIRC mini campaigns are priced as worth 2 LLs, so I think that makes it work?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    danxLordSolarMacharius
    Yeah, Ogres fits in with that the same way as Chaos Champions. Chaos Champions gives a small discount because it's an old race in a 4 lord pack. Ogres has a slight price increase - by the same amount - because it's a new race in a 2 lord pack. Norsca is the same price as a 2 lord pack and a new race though, so there's argument Ogres are a bit too expensive.

Maybe they discounted Norsca because of the fuck up? Norsca was a pretty big fuck up. I was using current prices and didn't pay for Norsca myself so I'm not sure what the price was back in the day.

Chaos is £5 now but I'm almost certain it was more at one point.

So what the heck is the age of sigmar anyway? Is it prior to the Old World or post it or like an alternate thing?

• VicVic Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Prohass wrote: »
    So what the heck is the age of sigmar anyway? Is it prior to the Old World or post it or like an alternate thing?

Post apocalypse weird multiverse thing. The old world was destroyed, I believe.

Edit: Multiverse gives the wrong impression, it's not alternative histories but rather new and strange world's based vaguely on the winds of magic. A lot of characters carried over, most didn't.

Vic on
    Fiatil

Post apocalypse weird multiverse thing. The old world was destroyed, I believe.

Edit: Multiverse gives the wrong impression, it's not alternative histories but rather new and strange world's based vaguely on the winds of magic. A lot of characters carried over, most didn't.

Ok yeah that’s what I gathered. I wonder if they’ll ever do a total war of it?

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular

Age of Sigmar is what happens after the End Times and Archaon unmakes the world. Sigmar and other some other "good" gods retrieve the souls of their followers and re-create a new world, which is more like a series of connected planes, one for each Wind of Magic, IIRC.

IIRC, Total War Warhammer is meant to be CA's alternate take on continuing the Warhammer story. Without, you know, nuking it from orbit, just to be sure.

Dark_SideElvenshaeMechMantis
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    So after watching the internets reaction to the Valkia trailer I have realized is that the reason why 99% of trailers are so dumb is because 99% of the population is unable to absorb any message that isn't dumb.

My reaction to the Valkia video: "Cool. So she's overall encouraging her forces, but they're outnumbered and stalling. So she burst down, defeats a bunch of enemies, draws in a bunch of other enemies (who are attacking her and doing jack shit) to distract them and then bursts free and encourages her berserkers to take to the offensive again"

For me, when I watched the trailer and saw her getting knocked down and attacked, I said "Oh, she is taking no damage from that at all. I bet she has some kind of high ward save skill or something" and sure enough when I read the blog post on Valkia, she has a skill called Daemonshield that gives her a window of invulnerability. So yeah, its the trailer showing off the skills cinematically, and I felt it worked really well.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    why is everybody so antsy if theyre strong or weak its a single player game lol

they should let ur nurgle lord act like a bloated corpse and just explode and die every battle

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Fencingsax
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

Got them crab claws.

They honorary crabs!

If I understand the concept of carcination properly, everything is either a crab or about to be a crab, so I think @surrealitycheck is in the clear either way.

surrealitycheck
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »

Got them crab claws.

They honorary crabs!

If I understand the concept of carcination properly, everything is either a crab or about to be a crab, so I think surrealitycheck is in the clear either way.

cvaoylczl083.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
    KarozLoserForHireXSharpyVIIMechMantisOlivaw
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    The problem this dlc has as far as picking a character goes is it's up against a dlc rerelease for all the last two games content. I'm more into a Vlad play through. With the changes VC are getting it'll be a pretty much a new dlc on it's own.

Speaking of undead has anyone tried this new Legions of Nagash mod? It got some buzz a few weeks ago but i don't know anyone who played it.

It's good! Clearly a lot of effort and love put in -- it has a lot of cool unique systems that make it feel like a full faction. The Nagash and custom unit models are all good, and you have questlines to confederate your old Vampire bros. Nagash's Lore of Undeath is a bit OP, but hey he's Nagash so why not.

steam_sig.png
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I was just trying to say, more work went into it than is probably thought. It's easy to say 'this was just copy pasted from elsewhere' but it's never actually that simple on the back end. They already said in one of their earlier videos that preparing Immortal Empires involved a lot of new asset creation - they can't just copy/paste things from Warhammer 2 and put it in Warhammer 3. I wouldn't be surprised if the effort on the Warriors of Chaos asset rework is being offset by this pack.

Yeah - again, I'm not criticising the fact that a Khorne Chosen is the same as an Undivided Chosen, but with a different head and things-in-hand. The fact that we're getting soooo many of those "X of Y" units means it's totally natural, and frankly I don't think you need more than that. (Back at the game's release I even wrote CA a little thing about the Tzeentch Knights suggesting exactly that - if they didn't have the resources to do wholly new ones, they should focus on heads and shields as those are two aspects that really draw one's attention.)

But I don't think "the FLC we're providing with the DLC is a lot of work, so we're charging more for the DLC" is a great justification for an eighty percent price hike.

The thought that "this has four Legendary Lords so we're charging closer to a Campaign Pack" is a bit better, as a Legendary Lord is a lot of work (very unique animation rigs, voice work, quest battles, etc. - though as mentioned all four lords seems to have their faction mechanics cannibalised from the Daemons'). But then I'd have rather they just upped it to be a Campaign Pack and gone even bigger.

Maybe laying it out will help me work through this.

Champions of Chaos - 21.99 CAD
    • 4 Legendary Lords with totally new models and animation rigs. All four share the Zanbaijin narrative.
    • 8 Lords/Heroes with new heads/weapons/shields.
    • 1 unit (Chaos Warshrine) with mostly new model and totally new animation rig.
    • 4 variants of Chaos Warshrine (with different symbols at the back, and a head from an appropriate "Chosen of Y" on the rider).
    • 4 sets of new heads/weapons/shields for "Marauders of Y" and "Marauder Horsemen of Y". [Edit: it appears these units use existing assets.]
    • 3 sets of new heads/weapons/shields for "Warriors of Y" and "Chariots of Y".
    • 4 sets of new heads/weapons/shields for "Chosen of Y" and "Knights of Y".
    • 2 Forsaken (which we haven't seen, but based on the Nurgle and Tzeentch ones won't contain new assets).
    • 4 Regiments of Renown.
    • FLC: Be'lakor in IE, Chaos Warrior Update. (I won't count IE itself, as the ME equivalent was a standalone FLC in game II.)

The Prophet and The Warlock - 11.99 CAD
    • 2 Legendary Lords with totally new models and animation rigs. Forbidden Workshop and Sacrifices to Sotek.
    • 1 Lord with totally new models (and animation rig? Warlock Master).
    • 1 Lord with new heads/weapons (and animation rig? Red Crested Skink Chief).
    • 1 unit with new heads/weapons (Red Crested Skinks).
    • 1 unit with mostly new model (Ratling Gun Weapons Team)
    • 3 units with new models and animation rigs (Warplock Jezzails, Doom-Flayers, Salamander Hunting Pack)
    • 1 unit with new model (Ripperdactyl Riders)
    • 1 units that's essentially a resized unit (Ancient Salamander)
    • 2 units with large sections of new models/animations (Ancient Stegadon (Engine of the Gods) and Bastiladon (Ark of Sotek))
    • 16 Regiments of Renown. (Not counting the 5 unique to Ikit from the Forbidden Workshop.)
    • FLC: Tiktaq'to, Lord Kroak, Bretonnia Update, Skaven Undercities.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Yeah you guys got screwed on the Canadian conversion this time it looks like.

The comparison is....alright on the USD side. I don't love it -- it's not the best news to follow up "hey we released a buggy mess and are trying to salvage the franchise on August 23rd" -- but when you line up the numbers as you have it's not the worst thing ever. From $10 base to $16 for 4 new LLs instead of 2. It does appear to be meatier than the Lord packs we've seen in the past, aaand whatever put in your inflation tax I guess. But on your end it's basically doubling and that makes it feel pretty bad.

steam_sig.png
    LordSolarMachariusDark_Side
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    IIRC, Total War Warhammer is meant to be CA's alternate take on continuing the Warhammer story. Without, you know, nuking it from orbit, just to be sure.

Well Games Workshop apparently can't fathom losing their copyright on IP for a niche wargame, so better to just destroy it all!
    I found quite a lot of use for Depth guard with my trident tactics. Form your melee units into three spearpoints, with crabs up front and depth guard behind. Form handgunners into two lines between the spearpoints (supported by your lords&heroes) and artillery behind. As soon as your handgunners start firing you charge forward with your spearpoints. The crabs go straight forwards and form a protective point, the depthguard breaks off to the sides and engage any enemy trying to reach your gunners while your lords&heroes also charge forward.

A lot of enemies just break instantly when charged in the side by depthguard, handgunners unleashing fire from the front and a vampire captain/lord charging into them as well. After that your depthguard can roll up whatever engaged your crabs, and then the battle is won.

I found plenty of use for them as line reinforcement (basically letting zombies suck up the first wave, then reinforcing when they break,) and/or guarding the army flanks and then coming around the line to attack enemy units in the back. Also if you're hard up for it they have a lot more staying power then zombies, you can send them out to busy a problem unit before it can get to your lines. But yeah, they're not great as a main line unit, which sucks because they look super cool.

Dark_Side on
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    AspectVoid wrote: »

For me, when I watched the trailer and saw her getting knocked down and attacked, I said "Oh, she is taking no damage from that at all. I bet she has some kind of high ward save skill or something" and sure enough when I read the blog post on Valkia, she has a skill called Daemonshield that gives her a window of invulnerability. So yeah, its the trailer showing off the skills cinematically, and I felt it worked really well.

If this was suppose to be the narrative it was not well executed IMO.

It shows the Slaanesh lord standing triumphant over a few Khornate units. Then Valkia shows up, takes on some troops, gets an axe and then pummled by a lot of low level units. Her breaking out and having this dark angel profile was the best and the Slaanesh lord is suddenly taken aback. But then the Khorne units just kind of attack and she yells a battlcry, queue credits

If they had better played out it would have been stronger trailer. Really send the message of the Khorne forces turning in to a rout and Valkia single handedly holding the line, show her getting injured but gitty and shrugging off blows instead of knocked down. Lastly her fierce ascension in the sky then cuts to her Khorne forces rallying and charging headlong into the enemy.

Ah well, I am sure she is a bad ass but when the previous trailer had Vilitch take a spear to the chest and shrug it off, it isn't a great look.

Karoz on
    LordSolarMachariusGaddez

It shows the Slaanesh lord standing triumphant over a few Khornate units. Then Valkia shows up, takes on some troops, gets an axe and then pummled by a lot of low level units. Her breaking out and having this dark angel profile was the best and the Slaanesh lord is suddenly taken aback. But then the Khorne units just kind of attack and she yells a battlcry, queue credits

If they had better played out it would have been stronger trailer. Really send the message of the Khorne forces turning in to a rout and Valkia single handedly holding the line, show her getting injured but gitty and shrugging off blows instead of knocked down. Lastly her fierce ascension in the sky then cuts to her Khorne forces rallying and charging headlong into the enemy.

Ah well, I am sure she is a bad ass but when the previous trailer had Vilitch take a spear to the chest and shrug it off, it isn't a great look.

The nice thing about art is that different people seeing/hearing/experiencing the same thing will interpret it in different ways, leading to a wide variety of view points. I think your interpretation of the trailer is just as valid as mine.

PSN|AspectVoid
    Karoz
    edited August 2022
    I'd definitely rate Valkia's trailer the lowest, due to not really being interesting from a character perspective.
    • Azazel's opens on him lounging over a battle playing with his tail, careless of how it's going until a Champion of Khorne growingly draws his interest. And then we get some absolutely brilliant design with his facial expressions, little chuckle, and exuberant flight directly into the camera. It highlights his aloof self-centredness - a true Daemon Prince.
    • Festus, likewise, is somewhat oblivious to the battle raging around him, instead looking through detritus with his little friend in a search for potion ingredients. He is in turns petulant and bubbly, highlighting his addled mind and obsession with potion making.
    • Vilitch is a classic "ambush the ambushers" turn-about, including a creepy reveal of him rising up from his brother's back as well as "turning on" his forces. It highlights his twisty and scheming nature as a puppetmaster.
    • Valkia... fights some people and directs her army to battle.

Which is weird, because there are two vary obvious things you could do for a Valkia trailer. You could highlight her role as someone who watches the battlefield to pick out worthy warriors, focusing the narrative more around Khornate would-be champions trying to impress her, only to fail and have Valkia step in and clean things up. (Or have them break and run, only for her to butcher them before engaging with the enemy.) On the other hand, you could focus on her interaction with her shield, the (sapient) head of a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince which tried to win her over to the Dark Prince's service, and her rejection of its temptations in favour of the purity of berserk bloodletting.

LordSolarMacharius on
    Karoz

The nice thing about art is that different people seeing/hearing/experiencing the same thing will interpret it in different ways, leading to a wide variety of view points. I think your interpretation of the trailer is just as valid as mine.

both your interpretations are equally valid, but less valid than mine (the most validest)

i will give the correct interpretation in 3 days with appropriate ceremony, until now we shall simply say that angry red lady is Good (probably)

obF2Wuw.png
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

Without question the cut of the trailer which should have been made would have been Valkia instakilling the lord, his units are then all taken aback, we have the big axe throw, they run in, pound on her then she erupts into the air and tosses the head of the lord down at their feet before her forces charge back in.

The issue with this cut is that she didn't really achieve anything with her attack. Sure, you can interpret it as some clever scheme to pull forces away from her retreating troops and give them time to regroup but thats really not a 'Khorne' way of dealing with that situation.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    Gaddez
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I'm baffled by the fact that the Chaos Dwarves aren't in the game yet. I found the notion of them making four separate chaos factions for a single release difficult to believe before it was confirmed, but for it to be five chaos factions and then follow it with the first dlc being four more is kinda nuts.

Chaos Dwarves are a bit chaosy too, sure, but they will be a breath of fresh air when they finally arrive.

Two thoughts:
    1. There are like, 7 chaos factions presently in game.
    2. Chaos dwarves were basically forgotten by GW for over a decade.

Regarding Valkia:
    At his Core, Khorne is the god of all consuming desire to be beating ass, pushing his minions to endlessly gluttonously seek violence and rewarded valkia for this overwhelming desire on her part.

This is... absent from her trailer. She fights some dudes and takes some hits but I didn't get that sense of bloodlust that is supposed to be omnipresent in khorne's hordes. Like If I didn't know that this was supposed to be a khorne character I wouldn't have recognized it.

Hell, even something as simple as having her being gleeful as people dogpile her would have been a great way to establish that this was something she wanted as opposed to her just getting jobbed.

LordSolarMacharius
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Two thoughts:

GW forgot them, but Forgeworld didn’t. They released a full rostered army for Chaos Dwarves (Legions of Azgorh). Which is very likely what CA will use if/when they add them.

LordSolarMacharius
    edited August 2022
    what if they had chaos chaos

tzeentch demons who worship slaanesh

khorne demons who like nurgle

the neapolitan ice cream faction

their greater demons are just 2 demons holding hands

in an unrelated question what if they made the battle map good

all deep questions

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    FencingsaxElvenshae
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Two thoughts:

GW forgot them, but Forgeworld didn’t. They released a full rostered army for Chaos Dwarves (Legions of Azgorh). Which is very likely what CA will use if/when they add them.

CA isn't allowed to just add things. Everything has to be approved by GW before it goes into the game. This is why they won't say if Ind or Khuresh will be added down the road: they want to, by GW has not approved them to do so. So, if GW said "No Forgeworld Chaos Dwarfs" then there is nothing CA can do about it.

PSN|AspectVoid
    Fencingsax