As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Total War] CA's apology tour

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Also a diplomatic bonus with his fellow vampire lords if you want to play LL-pokemon.
    FWIW I'm seeing some commentary from influencers that they may have screwed things up in the current build and everyone has a much harder time confederating as compared to WH2.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    59nzkk4lm3jt.png

why am i beating him up the boi needs help

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I would expect surreality, do yo uhave some sort of mod that is adding all these fun names to your roster?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    im playing vanilla other than my brian damage

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Vanilla? I prefer my brain damage to be mocha

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    CA like adding in funny names and stuff where it fits, no mods required.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    yes but still no infantry with jorts... absurd... its 2023....

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Wait till you play lizardmen and roll one named Clo'aca

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Watching a stream of Nakai and I didn't realize he now starts right on the border with Khuresh.

That's some interesting future DLC foreshadowing. Khuresh contains a lost city of the Old Ones. Which puts Nakai in direct opposition to the Khuresh Naga if they do get added.

This would mean more if it and ind weren't deep in hypothetical land. As it stands Nakai being over there Comes across very much as "why are you here?"

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Watching a stream of Nakai and I didn't realize he now starts right on the border with Khuresh.

That's some interesting future DLC foreshadowing. Khuresh contains a lost city of the Old Ones. Which puts Nakai in direct opposition to the Khuresh Naga if they do get added.

This would mean more if it and ind weren't deep in hypothetical land. As it stands Nakai being over there Comes across very much as "why are you here?"

People were swearing that Cathay could never happen until it got announced. The door for Khuresh and Ind seems pretty open, especially since at least one of them has been mentioned on loading screens (can't remember which).

• Options
    Vic wrote: »

People were swearing that Cathay could never happen until it got announced. The door for Khuresh and Ind seems pretty open, especially since at least one of them has been mentioned on loading screens (can't remember which).

Cathay was also a herculean feat for CA since it meant that they needed to pretty much create an entire Roster from scratch that fit into the greater lore of the setting.

Not saying it's impossible so much as expecting it inside of the next 2 years is... unlikely.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Not sure about loading screens but Ind is mentioned in one of Cathays caravan events.

• Options
    A duck! wrote: »

ive seen that lad, the lizardman meme name quotient is v v high

chameleon, tic-tac-to, "az'tek"....

also zhao ming is so consistently perfidious its almost comical, like the ai was somehow told "make this motherfucker just the biggest piece of shit, alliance for days then randomly declares war, sues for peace when losing, constantly tries to get u to fight people for him, always lying"

its like bro u coulda given him some redeeming features

u know who doesnt let me down? thats right the fucking skaven lol

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

Not sure about loading screens but Ind is mentioned in one of Cathays caravan events.

So, a few months ago (I can't recall exactly when, sometime in May or June I believe) Andy Hall of CA said that he had seen the TW3 roadmap, and Ind, Nippon, and Araby were not on it. So, if those three are coming, they are so far off that CA isn't even looking at them. However, he did not mention anything about Khuresh, leading people to believe that Khuresh will be coming at some point in the next couple of years.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    i like the rockets

p8fyrhzp9ka8.png

welcome to cathay, treebeard

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular

also zhao ming is so consistently perfidious its almost comical, like the ai was somehow told "make this motherfucker just the biggest piece of shit, alliance for days then randomly declares war, sues for peace when losing, constantly tries to get u to fight people for him, always lying"

This is how I feel about Kroq'Gar when I'm playing Khalida. Like I'm fully comfortable with letting you live your fucking life in the jungle, dude! Fucking relax!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hey @Lars sorry your SE++ total warhammer thread isn't active but can hang out and get hyped here.

I keep getting tempted to play another round but I dunno, just so many improvement coming along.

Maybe I should do a vampire coast in TW2.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    AspectVoid wrote: »

So, a few months ago (I can't recall exactly when, sometime in May or June I believe) Andy Hall of CA said that he had seen the TW3 roadmap, and Ind, Nippon, and Araby were not on it. So, if those three are coming, they are so far off that CA isn't even looking at them. However, he did not mention anything about Khuresh, leading people to believe that Khuresh will be coming at some point in the next couple of years.
    The interview from February includes Khuresh in there as not being on the roadmap

https://youtu.be/nOhfmyZ2UOA?t=4819

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular

This is how I feel about Kroq'Gar when I'm playing Khalida. Like I'm fully comfortable with letting you live your fucking life in the jungle, dude! Fucking relax!

But is Zhao similarly hemmed in at the start? Kroq being annoying sort of makes sense when you're playing Khalida because if the mountain factions get strong, he's got nowhere else to go.

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »

But is Zhao similarly hemmed in at the start? Kroq being annoying sort of makes sense when you're playing Khalida because if the mountain factions get strong, he's got nowhere else to go.
    It depends on how you pull his relations. By default he probably won't war Greasus so he first wants to help unify Cathay. If he's hemmed in because you aren't fighting the Dissenter Lords and Eshin early and he's stuck dealing with them (poorly), then he goes nowhere, doubly so if you confederate weakened factions first before he has a chance to.

I imagine the Skaven alliance is probably what's screwing things up, since Zhao normally really wants to go after them.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    thats possible but my theory is that hes just programmed to be kind of a penis

just terrible vibes

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular

He also said that getting GW to create Cathay was "a coup" that was unlikely to be repeated, and to expect other eastern factions "probably never". (Andy Hall is the lead writer on Total War Warhammer, and former writer for GW.)

CA have explicitly not said that Ind, Khuresh, Nippon, Araby, Southlanders, Fishmen, etc. are literally impossible. But they've been pretty clear for people to not get their hopes up.

• Options

He also said that getting GW to create Cathay was "a coup" that was unlikely to be repeated, and to expect other eastern factions "probably never". (Andy Hall is the lead writer on Total War Warhammer, and former writer for GW.)

CA have explicitly not said that Ind, Khuresh, Nippon, Araby, Southlanders, Fishmen, etc. are literally impossible. But they've been pretty clear for people to not get their hopes up.

fishmen ok but what about... crabmen.................

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Karoz on
  • Options
    wjhiu7cpeb9w.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular

It's notable that most of these basically require all new lore to be created, which is probably not something that GW generally allows CA to do. I think the most we got was Cylostra and expanding out the Vampire Coast army list from White Dwarf.

So it's a big if as to if GW wants to add extra faction to whatever their "Old World" line up ends up being, then CA might get advanced access to add it into Total War.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    warhammer fantasy classical india would be hella gucci

i want to snort 300 lines of not-soma and get fucked up on arms while paying craftsmen to give all the temple carvings bigger bosoms

also where the pre-zoroastrian shit at

so much absurd shit to harvest

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Vampire Coast?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Vampire Coast?

look i dont mean to criticise ANY crustacean representation but 1) the crabs in vampire coast do NOT have the biggest gun (stereotyped as slow brutes yet again, the tragedy of having only 100k neurons) 2) until crabs have rockets its just not good enough, zombies with shotguns hanging out on ur back is nice but its not enough

the people DEMAND crab-controlled artillery

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    New WoC LLs base stats:
    aqpjkxerbsh91.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Vampire Coast?

look i dont mean to criticise ANY crustacean representation but 1) the crabs in vampire coast do NOT have the biggest gun (stereotyped as slow brutes yet again, the tragedy of having only 100k neurons) 2) until crabs have rockets its just not good enough, zombies with shotguns hanging out on ur back is nice but its not enough

Well, now I know what I want for a Vamp Coast DLC. But they do have Promtheans, Hulks and Leviathans, so they are trying their best.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Vampire Coast?

Well, no

People demand crab with a mildly garlicy butter sauce

Because that is their natural form of existence

They just insist on being bottom feeding scavengers until they reach their pinnacle

(your crimes against the elves shall not be forgotten, you wannabe lobster)

• Options
    edited August 2022

Vampire Coast?

Well, no

People demand crab with a mildly garlicy butter sauce

Because that is their natural form of existence

They just insist on being bottom feeding scavengers until they reach their pinnacle

(your crimes against the elves shall not be forgotten, you wannabe lobster)

um i havent even done a major war crime in hours, u ppl gotta learn to let it go. besides theyre called "crimes against humanity" not "crimes against elfmanatee", and even if that did exist i would NEVER kill somebodys pets... thats just mean

also my biggest corpse crimes were definitely against the french, and at that point can u even call them crimes...

also i imagine miao ying talking to zhao ming like this

"damn u should be careful, last person who talked to me like this died of longma"

"whats longma"

"longma riders"

they both nod sagely

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Who are the french in this context? Bretonnia?

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Yes, Bretonnia are Warhammer French.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    also a weird quirk of trade settlement; offering my skaven buddy an empty settlement was -8 to favourability, but putting my full doom stack in it was +2. when its traded they just pop out but its bizarre they assess it like that - i guess the settlement numbers are just boosted by all those passives, control etc but still

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Not a huge surprise but nice to have confirmation: CA put out a post saying that they plan on adding more end game scenarios over time and expanding on the existing ones. Wooh:
    qZmIWQ9.jpg

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

I'm not even sure where you could put araby at this point; the whole area is already cluttered with a million factions and unless you got super fucky their is nowhere you could justifiably put them in the Realm map.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I guess the Brettonians are going to prefer to hunt down nurgle.

Spoiler/ [for the frogs]

Kruite on