Options

[ICON] Game Start! - The Ruined Tower

2456736

Posts

  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cidryn takes a step back from the wall, before shaking his head and returning to the bar.
    "Sorry, um stew sounds good", he rejoins, slowly rebuilding steam, "And yeah, I guess we can have a look at that. These guys reckon we got a shot; and I can handle myself."

    He chuckles at this and flicks a thumb at the wall. "Perhaps not as well as that guy. Did someone make themselves a door a while ago? Must be a story in that."

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Cidryn takes a step back from the wall, before shaking his head and returning to the bar.
    "Sorry, um stew sounds good", he rejoins, slowly rebuilding steam, "And yeah, I guess we can have a look at that. These guys reckon we got a shot; and I can handle myself."

    He chuckles at this and flicks a thumb at the wall. "Perhaps not as well as that guy. Did someone make themselves a door a while ago? Must be a story in that."

    The innkeep's already dour face becomes darker. "Aye, we had a bit of a problem 'bout 4, maybe 5 years ago. Some people think the town'll be an easy place to rob, being small and out of the way. But we don't stand for bullies here. He's gone now, and the wall's a reminder if he works up the courage to come back and try that again. Or anyone else tries to cause trouble." He looks at you all pointedly for a moment before continuing to clean in preparation for dinner.

    "The mountains are north. Ruins can't be hard to miss, Arken trash rarely is."

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Cidryn grimaces at this, and turns dark.
    "Know what that's like.", he mutters, "Had to get away from my place cause I roughed up some bullies."

    He's silent for a moment.
    "Still, at least your wall is looking better than mine.", he chuckles, weakly.

    discrider on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    "Or anyone else tries to cause trouble." He looks at you all pointedly for a moment before continuing to clean in preparation for dinner.

    "Which it is the furthest possible thing from our mind to cause trouble, goodman. We are much more in the line of sorting it out." Kay takes a sizeable slurp of his stew, and rumbles appreciatively, before reaching for the drink that has somehow managed to not appear yet.

    "And could I trouble you for a glass, mug, carafe," he gestures, "of your local best to drink?" After it appears, Kay takes a meditative drink and reacts appropriately.

    "Now about those what have gone missing ... Were they taken random-like, from here in town, or were they ones that attempted to delve the new-found ruins?"

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    "Or anyone else tries to cause trouble." He looks at you all pointedly for a moment before continuing to clean in preparation for dinner.

    "Which it is the furthest possible thing from our mind to cause trouble, goodman. We are much more in the line of sorting it out." Kay takes a sizeable slurp of his stew, and rumbles appreciatively, before reaching for the drink that has somehow managed to not appear yet.

    "And could I trouble you for a glass, mug, carafe," he gestures, "of your local best to drink?" After it appears, Kay takes a meditative drink and reacts appropriately.

    "Now about those what have gone missing ... Were they taken random-like, from here in town, or were they ones that attempted to delve the new-found ruins?"

    "I don't know, myself. Just something I've heard. You hear a lot, in this line of work."

    He thinks a moment. "You could always try asking Elder Yu. He's who people go to when they have trouble, he'd know." He gives you all rough directions to Elder Yu's house, further in the village.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cidryn emerges from his stew, after having drained the bowl.

    "Have there been many others through here, looking for the ruins?", he asks flatly.
    "Surely we're not the only ones attracted by the things rising."

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Cidryn emerges from his stew, after having drained the bowl.

    "Have there been many others through here, looking for the ruins?", he asks flatly.
    "Surely we're not the only ones attracted by the things rising."

    He responds, "you're the first I've seen so far. Possible others've skipped stopping by here first. But they just appeared... three nights ago, it was, so anyone who beat you there would've had to be in the area already, probably."

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cidryn sniffs, and then wipes his face with the back of his sleeve.

    "Sounds like we're headed to this Elder's place, then", he says, looking around, "once you all are finished of course."

  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Gelbub slowly finishes spooning up his stew and pushes back the bowl.

    "Sir, that was an excellent bowl of brown. Now if you'll excuse us, I guess we ought to go see that Elder Yu."

    He stands from the stool and brushes imaginary crumbs from his vest and his pants. He takes one last look around, dips a nod towards the woman in the corner and croaks out a low, "Ma"am"

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Waiting a bit to see if Invictus or Elvenshae have anything they'd like to do here, then we can move on :)

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    @Invictus @Elvenshae

    ... Assuming these tags are -actually- working and it's not just the bookmark notifications that were fixed..

    discrider on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Kay finishes off the rest of his bowl, stopping just short of licking it clean, and takes another gulp from his glass - he leaves about a Thrynn finger's worth at the bottom. "Aye, a kind thank you, master, for the wittles and wet. We'll be off to Elder Yu's then." He leaves the equivalent of a couple of extra coins* on the table as payment for the food and the info, and tips a gracious nod at the Trogg woman in the corner as he stands.

    *OOC:

    Dust is the main currency in Icon, but 1 unit of Dust seems like a particularly large amount of it (an entire adventure earns 3, and the most you can carry around without help is 8), so I'm assuming smaller expenses don't even raise to the level of a single unit of Dust unless we go a crazy (e.g., a night of drinking for a significant chunk of people). Are all expenses paid in Dust, or are the coinage systems, as well, that we just kind of abstract away?

    Elvenshae on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Kay finishes off the rest of his bowl, stopping just short of licking it clean, and takes another gulp from his glass - he leaves about a Thrynn finger's worth at the bottom. "Aye, a kind thank you, master, for the wittles and wet. We'll be off to Elder Yu's then." He leaves the equivalent of a couple of extra coins* on the table as payment for the food and the info, and tips a gracious nod at the Trogg woman in the corner as he stands.

    *OOC:

    Dust is the main currency in Icon, but 1 unit of Dust seems like a particularly large amount of it (an entire adventure earns 3, and the most you can carry around without help is 8), so I'm assuming smaller expenses don't even raise to the level of a single unit of Dust unless we go a crazy (e.g., a night of drinking for a significant chunk of people). Are all expenses paid in Dust, or are the coinage systems, as well, that we just kind of abstract away?

    ICON doesn't really do inventory or equipment or currency like many other similar games do (D&D, or video game JRPGs, or whatnot).

    The currency you care about is Dust, as you said, and that's what you'll get on adventures and such. You use that to power up items and your camp and whatnot.

    You all are heroes/adventurers/accomplished enough that your everyday expenses aren't really relevant. You can pay for food and lodgings and the best equipment any town has just in the by-products from your quests for Dust and ancient tech and whatnot.

    So to answer your question, we just abstract most of these expenses away. Doing it as you did in a role playing manner is a perfectly good way to do it, and if for whatever reason you wanna get into it more at some point (to deliberately shortchange someone or whatever else), we'll play it as it goes :)

    In other news. I'm currently packing for my international flight home tomorrow, so will be a bit delayed. I'll try and get at least this next update done tonight, and depending on how fast y'all respond can maybe do a bit of back and forth. Otherwise I'll be back Saturday evening ish?

    Edit: just noticed I ended three paragraphs in a row with "whatnot." Good job on that varied and extensive vocabulary kime!

    kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Whatnot's a good word, so using it thrice is thrice as gooder

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Elder Yu

    Following the innkeep's directions, it's easy enough to find Elder Yu's house. Smaller than most buildings in the village, it looks old, but in a well-lived-in manner, not neglected. An older Goblin Beastfolk, presumably Elder Yu, stands outside talking to another person (remember, "goblin" here is more like "frog-person" than a traditional fantasy goblin). The other person is a worried-looking Garou (wolf-like Beastfolk), and before you get close enough to make out their conversation clearly, Elder Yu gently pats the other person on the shoulder, and they part. Elder Yu stands there a moment as the unknown Garou walks away in another direction. Then he sighs and turns back to his door.

    As he turns, Elder Yu sees you all and stops, giving you a once over. He smiles, welcoming albeit not happy, and calls out, "Hello there travelers...." each word is punctuated with a notable pause. Elder Yu is not someone to be rushed when speaking, clearly. He continues, "Is there something you need?"

    You can see now that Elder Yu resembles his house... old, but someone who takes care of himself. They're a good match.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    'Afternoon Elder', Cidryn replies, smiling again.
    'We heard the village was having trouble with ruins and people disappearing and such.
    We were told you might know how the townsfolk keep vanishing.'

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    'Afternoon Elder', Cidryn replies, smiling again.
    'We heard the village was having trouble with ruins and people disappearing and such.
    We were told you might know how the townsfolk keep vanishing.'

    Elder Yu's skin is more gray than the normal green of goblinfolk, with long white whiskers.

    "I see... Most of what you've heard are stories. Not true... mostly. Yet." You can imagine that any long conversation with Elder Yu could take hours. He speaks very... deliberately.

    "I'm afraid my son is the only disappearances so far. One morning, after the ruins appeared, he was just... gone. His brother is distraught." His voice shakes just a little extra here, and you can tell the brother isn't the only one upset.

    He looks at you, and makes a decision. "Arken Ruins never bring good news to the towns around them. Can you help us? Can you find my son? I have some Dust, gathered over the years. Please?"

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "That's...", Cidryn starts, before reconsidering, "terrible. We'll keep an eye out for your son, and do what we can.
    Do you know where he was before he disappeared?
    Maybe something was left behind that might help us find him."

    Cidryn glances around, "But we're also worried about why the villagers don't feel safe outdoors, and are all speaking quiet.
    Has your missing son spooked them too?
    Something has got them awful flighty, and we haven't seen any monster damage yet"

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    "That's...", Cidryn starts, before reconsidering, "terrible. We'll keep an eye out for your son, and do what we can.
    Do you know where he was before he disappeared?
    Maybe something was left behind that might help us find him."

    Cidryn glances around, "But we're also worried about why the villagers don't feel safe outdoors, and are all speaking quiet.
    Has your missing son spooked them too?
    Something has got them awful flighty, and we haven't seen any monster damage yet"

    "Out town is small, and my son is well known. This is the first Arken Ruin to ever emerge in these parts. We know the stories. Yes, we're scared. We stand to lose our homes, families, lives..."

    Arken ruins generally provide more "opportunity" than "devastation," from your perspectives. Dangerous opportunity, sure, but still... That said, the fears the Elder is mentioning aren't entirely unfounded. Although very rare, the Blight which comes with the ruins, if left unchecked, can spread and consume nearby towns. The worst have corrupted whole cities, destroying them with the same monsters and mysteries that Doomed the old Arken Imperium. If these are true Arken ruins nearby, and it's the first the people here have ever seen, it's possible the fear of the worst has overwhelmed them-- at least for now.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    The encounter at the pub notwithstanding, Cidryn can't help but feel a bit on edge and put off by this whole spiral.
    You think something bad might happen, so you keep everyone inside and quiet, and now there's no noise, so clearly something bad has happened..

    It makes him want his City back.

  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cidryn approaches the elder and pats the old kin on the shoulder.

    "We will do our best to find your son. And do something about the ruins.
    But we will need to know who we are looking for.
    Do you have a picture of your son, or can you describe him for us?
    And we can assume the ruins might have something to do with this, but can you tell us when you last saw him?"

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Cidryn approaches the elder and pats the old kin on the shoulder.

    "We will do our best to find your son. And do something about the ruins.
    But we will need to know who we are looking for.
    Do you have a picture of your son, or can you describe him for us?
    And we can assume the ruins might have something to do with this, but can you tell us when you last saw him?"

    After a bit of (slow) discussion, you learn that Elder Yu's two sons are both adopted. Gwyn, the missing one, is a cat-like Lopen beastfolk. He last saw Gwyn three days ago, the day after the ruins appeared. At first he thought Gwyn was just working late, but he never came home. His other son is a Thrynn man named Cado. You get a pretty good description of them both, so could probably recognize them on sight.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    @Elvenshae @Darmak @Invictus

    Anything you'd like to do here? Or we can move on?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    (Was trying to make sure everyone else could weigh in, too …)

  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    “And how has Cado been handling this?”

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    “And how has Cado been handling this?”

    "The boy is terribly depressed. He's barely spoken. I think he blames himself, Cado has always been more serious than his brother, despite his age."

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    "And was he the last to see his brother?"

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    "And was he the last to see his brother?"

    "Gwyn left here this morning to go to work, but never arrived. We didn't realize anything wrong had happened... Cado went to spend time with his schoolfriends, and then later I spent most of the day talking with others in the town. Everyone was quite worried with the ruins, you see..."

    After a moment, he continues, "So I suppose we were both the last to see Cado." His composure breaks for a moment in sadness, before he controls his expression again.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "Why would Cado blame himself?", Cidryn says, screwing up his face, "It's not our heritage is it?
    I know some folk feel bad about being more attuned to the Arken piles, but you can no more be responsible for the ruins as you can make a valley by jumping on the ground."

    "Probably not my place to pry though", he corrects himself, sheepishly. "Just no point blaming yourself for who you are"

  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    "Is Cado about, that we might speak with him? P'r'aps his brother mentioned something of his plans to him, before he went a'missing."

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sorry, plague-child infected me so I've been sick a lot of this past week. She like, threw up twice and was fine. Ish. Hmph
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    "Is Cado about, that we might speak with him? P'r'aps his brother mentioned something of his plans to him, before he went a'missing."

    "I've asked, Gwyn didn't tell him anything... He's staying with a friend's family now. Despite Gwyn's disappearance, the townsfolk still rely on me. With the ruins appearing, I have visitors and questions almost constantly..." You can see now, there's a small group of 3 people walking over to his house from down the road. They'll be waiting on you to finish, soon. "I can give you directions, if you want."

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @discrider @Darmak @Invictus

    Normally, I'd be all for talking with the brother and running down leads in-town before moving on, but I'd kinda like to not stall things out further; any objections to just trusting Dad and checking out the ruins?

  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I'm on board with that.

    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    (Note: Darmak is not continuing for now, but Austin should be joining up! After settling that, we can head to the ruins if there are no new disagreements with that. Probably planning on just a clean swap of characters, unless there are preferences otherwise.)

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cidryn nods at the Elder.
    "Yes, that would be good, thank you"

    And I'm ready to head to the ruins. Short of investigating the town more for any clues about the missing son, there doesn't seem to be much more that needs doing. And his disappearance at the ruin's appearance makes it the likely culprit anyway

  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    A familiar clicking is heard from the door as Zin steps into the Elder's house. "Sorry I'm late." his soft voice sound, "Was attending to a few rites." He says little else about the task but he doesn't need to explain further. Every city, town, and village the group has entered, Zin has slipped off to assist a lingering spirit that he seems to sense, rejoining the group after.

    He stands at average height, slim, with his four arms relaxed at his side. He wears baggy black pants with no shirt, just a simple red sash across his body to signify his role as a Harvester.

    "So then, I heard the word ruins?" The group can tell Zin is interested, it's the same response they get whenever they are asked to dig into some abandoned site or dungeon. Zin is always happiest in those types of environments, while he's much more reserved when they get into the places where people actually live.


    I'm not sure I did this all correctly, so someone point out if I screwed up somewhere.

    Name: Zin
    Kin: Xixo
    Culture: Chronicler
    Bond: Seeker
    Class: Mendicant
    Job: Harvester

    Camp Item: Portable Library

    Narrative Stats:
    Ideals:
    - I addressed challenges with investigation, intuition, or recklessness
    - I expressed my heritage, background, or beliefs through my actions
    - I questioned my own understanding of the world

    Stats
    Effort: 3
    Strain: 5
    Second Wind: Regain all effort when you discover something hidden, forbidden, or secret.
    Special Ability: When exhausted, you get +1d on study and sense actions and can aid in those actions without spending effort.


    Bond Powers
    Argus - You get a knack for sensing:
    • I: Hidden objects, paths, tracks, or traps

    Midnight Eyes - You can see in the dark, which could make your risk and effect better. Your study and sense actions get increased effect in darkness. At Chapter III or higher, you can see anything close by in good detail without the use of your eyes.

    Actions
    Sneak: +0
    Traverse: +0
    Sense: +2 (Seeker)
    Study: +2 +1(Portable Library)
    Charm: +0 +1(Aetherpearls)
    Command: +0
    Tinker: +2
    Excel: +2
    Smash: +0
    Endure: +0



    Tactical Stats:
    Stats
    Health: 10
    HP: 40
    Defense: 8
    Speed: 4 (Dash 2)
    Fray damage: 3
    Damage: D6
    Basic Attack: Melee, or Range 5


    Traits:
    • Diaga (1 action) - Cure an ally in range 4. (A character that’s cured gains 4 vigor, or a vigor surge if they are bloodied. Then, they can immediately save agains all statuses, ending them on a success.) (Mendicant)
    • Bless (1 action)- Grant a blessing token to self or an ally in range 4. (Mendicant)
    • Many class abilities allow you to cure or bless as part of their effects.
    • Succor - Mendicants may use Rescue to bring up a defeated ally at range 5 instead of adjacent. (Mendicant)
    • Blessing of Rebirth: Yourself and allies can spend 1 blessing when using any ability to grant it pierce and bonus damage. They may spend 3 blessings instead to additionally trigger any slay effects.
    • Mark of Tsumi: At the end of your turn, deal 2 piercing damage to all foes marked by you, and bless either yourself, or all allies marked by you.
    • Gardener of Kin: You can stack 2 marks on characters. Foes marked by you take +1 damage from summons.
    • Balance: All your abilities gain slay: cure yourself or any ally

    Special Mechanic: Blessing - Certain actions give characters a Blessing token. A character can spend a blessing when making a save to gain +1 boon on that save.

    Relevant Rules
    Relevant Rules
    • Dangerous Terrain - Entering or exiting a dangerous terrain space causes a character to take 2 piercing damage. Characters can only take this damage once a round,.
    • Difficult Terrain - Costs +1 space of movement to exit.
    • Combo - Actions with Combo have two versions, a base version and combo version. When you use the base ability, gain a combo token. Any time you use a combo ability and have a token, you use the combo version instead, discarding the token . You can only have one combo token at once, and discard all tokens at the end of combat.
    • Comeback - A triggered effect that happens when this ability is used while bloodied
    • Defiance - Prevents hit points from being reduced past 1 hp. When this triggers, remove this effect and character becomes immune to all damage for the rest of the current turn.
    • Mark - Places a mark, an ongoing effect, on a specific character. Each ability can only place one mark at a time, and a character can mark another character with one mark at a time. If you place a new mark on a character with a mark from you, you can choose which to keep or which to discard. Marks end when the character that placed the mark is defeated, or under other listed conditions.
    • Pacified - Character deals half damange. Breaks on taking damage from a foe's ability.
    • Pierce - Ignores armor and vigor.
    • Regeneration - If at 25% hp or lower at the end of your turn, cure yourself.
    • Sacrifice X- Reduce your hp by X, usually as a cost for an ability. Sacrifice costs are paid at the start of an ability, cannot be reduced, ignored, transferred, or resisted, cannot bring your hp below 1, and you can pay them even if you don’t have enough hp left.
    • Sealed - Character cannot inflict statuses while sealed.
    • Slay - A triggered effect that activates when this ability reduces a character to 0 hp.
    • Unstoppable - Immune to all statuses. Cannot be moved by foes, and movement ignores engagement and rampart.

    Summons
    Many harvester abilities summon thralls or create
    plants. When a thrall or plant is created, it can be
    summoned in any free space in range 2 unless a
    different range is listed. You can have a maximum
    of six active thralls, any any number of plants.

    Thrall
    Size 1, intangible.
    Summon Action: At the start of your turn,
    all your thralls may dash 2 spaces, ignoring
    difficult terrain, then dealing 1 piercing
    damage to an adjacent foe. Then, remove each
    thrall and replace it with a plant.
    Plant
    Terrain effect
    Terrain effect: A plant space is dangerous
    terrain that only affects foes, and has a
    blessing token on it, which can be picked up if
    yourself or an ally enters its space. When the
    blessing is removed, remove the plant.

    Abilities:
    SOW
    1 action, Attack
    Mark, Pierce, Combo
    Range 4
    You throw out a poison seed that bursts into thorny death.
    Attack: Auto hit: fray
    Effect: Your foe is sealed.
    Mark: You foe is marked. When marked, and when you hit your marked foe with an attack thereafter, bless an ally in range 3 of your foe.

    Combo: REAP
    Light Melee Attack
    Pierce
    Attack: On Hit: [D]+fray Miss: Fray
    Effect: Summon a Thrall adjacent to your target
    Slay: Repeat the effect
    Special: You can make this melee attack against the target marked by sow regardless of the distance or line of sight. It also gains unerring if made this way.
    Vine thrall
    Size 1, 1 hp
    Summon Action: At the start of your turn, all vine thralls can move up to 3 spaces and deal 2 piercing damage to an adjacent foe as an effect.


    HARVEST
    2 actions, Attack
    Arc 6
    Attack: On hit: 2[D] + fray Miss: fray.
    Area Effect: Bless allies in the area. Foes take fray damage
    Slay: Summon a Thrall for each foe in the area, and deal 2 piercing damage again as an area effect to those foes.
    Vine thrall
    Size 1, 1 hp
    Summon Action: At the start of your turn, all vine thralls can move up to 3 spaces and deal 2 piercing damage to an adjacent foe as an effect.


    ROT
    1 action, Range 4
    combo, mark
    Leaves shrivel. Hair Curls. Wounds fail to heal.
    Mark: Mark a foe in range. While marked, that character cannot be cured, cannot gain or benefit from vigor, and gains +1 curse on saves. If that character is at 25% hp or lower when marked, they also lose defiance.

    COMBO: REGENERATE
    Mark: Mark an ally in range 4. While marked, that character has regeneration. If that character is at 25% hp or lower when marked, they also gain defiance.
    Special: This mark can be placed even if Rot is already active.


    Limit Break: DEATH
    SENTENCE
    Free Action
    3 Resolve
    A flash of the scythe, and the line between life and death is blurred.
    Summon: You slash an adjacent foe with your scythe, knocking their soul out of their body. Draw a line 4 area effect from your foe facing directly away from you and summon the soul in the last available space.
    Severed Soul
    Size 1, intangible, immobile
    Summon effect: While they have their soul
    knocked out, foes can act normally. However,
    the soul can be targeted as if it was the body,
    transferring all damage or effects it would
    take to the body, no matter the distance or
    line or sight. Damage becomes divine.
    Abilities that are able to target both the body
    and soul of the foe (such as AoEs) can hit
    both.

    The soul lasts until the end of your next turn, or until the affected character is defeated.

    AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sow and Reap are the same ability actually, with Reap being the combo'd version. So you still get to pick a second one!

    Beyond that, I'll have to wait till a bit later when I get on my computer to do an update post :)

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oh great! I honestly couldn't figure out if the combo move was a separate ability or not from the rules, so figured it was safer to not pick another ability.

    Added an extra one in there now.

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The Tower

    The ruins lay a short hike to the north, in the direction of the mountains. It's not a pleasant hike, given that it's increasingly uphill, but not a challenge for experienced adventurers like yourselves. You can see the Arken ruins from far away. A gray spike of something unnatural set against the backdrop of the grassy mountainside. At first the size is deceptively small, but as you approach you can see it's a larger structure. A tower, wider and larger than anything in the village you left earlier in the day. You approach to the ledge below it, still a distance from the spire.

    q2xnaomejmxr.png

    There is no top to the tower, it having broken off sometime in the past (ages ago? days? who can say from this distance). It seems like the top may be just open to the elements. There's a large, open entranceway on the ground floor. There look to be several other windows or openings higher up, but it's hard to tell how accessible they may be.

    How do you all wish to proceed?

    Note: Your Expedition has begun. From this point on, supplies will be scarce, rewards great, and you're likely to encounter dangers. Most Expedition beginnings will be obvious like this one, but they won't always necessarily be as planned for.

    You have supplies and time for ONE camp you can use on this Expedition, when you can find a safe place to shelter for a short time.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Zin whistles as they approach the tower. "Beautiful" he says, his eyes locked on the ruin. He felt infinitely more comfortable here when compared to the town they just left. "Certainly looks like something that might have lingering spirits. Let's do be careful yeah?"

    The Xixu approaches the tower carefully, inspecting the grounds around it for pitfalls, looking up the side of the tower for any precarious hanging stones.

    its 3d6 because I have two dots right?

    Also, I have Argus for any secrets (paths, traps, tracks, or objects).

    Geth, roll 3d6 for Sense

    Sense:
    3d6 10 [3d6=1, 3, 6]

Sign In or Register to comment.