As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[VTuber] thread: Yeah, Minecraft is totally a genre of anime.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Well Calli's not wasting any time to collab with the boys

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the dad energy is off the charts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuI-itObQdQ

uc3ufTB.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    That might be because the JP side of management is more familiar with how bullshit 2ch is than their EN counterparts and as a result know they can tell shits that dwell there to fuck off. EN side of things might not realize that and worse, they could be hiring consultants and frankly consultants tend to be the worst investment of money
    Opty wrote: »
    I'm not a disability lawyer, but I doubt that the ADA has any provisions around streaming or dealing with online harassment. Ironmouse definitely got harassed when she did her subathon: a bunch of face cam streamers came out of the woodwork to shit on both her and Vtubers as a whole in response.

If you allow a group of people be it employees or customer to make a place hostile to individuals with disabilities and their disability and they are being attack for their disabilities and then you refuse to reign that shit in. Well then you're in violating of ADA because your business is not discriminating against individuals with a disabilities. Truest me, ecumenists fuckers have already tried this shit where it's "we're not violating ADA, it's our customers making it a hostile environment for the disabled," only to get smack down because it gets pointed out that they can control their users (aka ban people from using the business) and thus are in fact violating ADA because their lack or refusal to take action means their business is actively discriminating against individuals with disabilities. It's been around for a few decades, so plenty of dipshit trolls have tried the whole "I'm not touching you" ang gotten their arm broken already. It's also written in a way where people don't get to play the bullshit card of "but technology makes things magically different." In regards to business when it comes to how ADA was written, the question asked, is are you actively discriminating against someone with a disability or not. No fucks are given about what your industry is, that only comes into play when we get to reasonable accommodations.

Sure it doesn't get everyone or permanently stop things, but if it's being used it's probably cutting down a fair bit of bullshit because deplatforming works and ADA is a card that can be used to force a business to do something rather than nothing.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    That might be because the JP side of management is more familiar with how bullshit 2ch is than their EN counterparts and as a result know they can tell shits that dwell there to fuck off. EN side of things might not realize that and worse, they could be hiring consultants and frankly consultants tend to be the worst investment of money
    Opty wrote: »
    I'm not a disability lawyer, but I doubt that the ADA has any provisions around streaming or dealing with online harassment. Ironmouse definitely got harassed when she did her subathon: a bunch of face cam streamers came out of the woodwork to shit on both her and Vtubers as a whole in response.

If you allow a group of people be it employees or customer to make a place hostile to individuals with disabilities and their disability and they are being attack for their disabilities and then you refuse to reign that shit in. Well then you're in violating of ADA because your business is not discriminating against individuals with a disabilities. Truest me, ecumenists fuckers have already tried this shit where it's "we're not violating ADA, it's our customers making it a hostile environment for the disabled," only to get smack down because it gets pointed out that they can control their users (aka ban people from using the business) and thus are in fact violating ADA because their lack or refusal to take action means their business is actively discriminating against individuals with disabilities. It's been around for a few decades, so plenty of dipshit trolls have tried the whole "I'm not touching you" ang gotten their arm broken already. It's also written in a way where people don't get to play the bullshit card of "but technology makes things magically different." In regards to business when it comes to how ADA was written, the question asked, is are you actively discriminating against someone with a disability or not. No fucks are given about what your industry is, that only comes into play when we get to reasonable accommodations.

Sure it doesn't get everyone or permanently stop things, but if it's being used it's probably cutting down a fair bit of bullshit because deplatforming works and ADA is a card that can be used to force a business to do something rather than nothing.

Do you have an example of ADA being used to moderate 2ch or 4chan or Reddit (or Youtube or Twitch) because frankly that sounds extremely not real.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    By that logic you can probably fine any website till it shuts down for breaking ADA.

steam_sig.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
    edited August 2022
    https://youtu.be/JBODZ2zRGEo
    If management approves and all, those with the Ps3 version of this game (aka, not me) could be allowed to co-op carry Pomu for future boss fights and what not in this game. (Unless... is there a Ps4 version that can play nice with this? No, I assume?)

shoeboxjeddy on
    Speaking of Niji/Holo interactions

https://youtu.be/BPAAHMmvP3E

https://youtu.be/JBODZ2zRGEo
    If management approves and all, those with the Ps3 version of this game (aka, not me) could be allowed to co-op carry Pomu for future boss fights and what not in this game. (Unless... is there a Ps4 version that can play nice with this? No, I assume?)

gonna have to dig out my psp and then dig out my ps3 to transfar my save data

uc3ufTB.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    By that logic you can probably fine any website till it shuts down for breaking ADA.

If it's in the US (in this case a US based company, which doesn't apply to 2ch sadly) and the harassment is based on ones disability. Then yes, you can go after those sites and force them to do something about it through ADA. Keep in mind ADA isn't just about employment, it's also about access, otherwise it would be useless against business that decides to discriminate against individuals with disabilities that don't work for them or are seeking employment.

No, I can't cite any cases. That's not because "lol, Mill the law can't be used." That's like more a case of this is a 30+ year old bill that had backing of both major political parties at the time of it's passage and not just tepid support, significant support. I mean there is a reason why it has fucking teeth and why shithead business owners with brains or good lawyers are afraid of running afoul of it. Not to mention, the PR would be fucking terribly "major social media platform is refusing to anything about it's users with disabilities being attack for their disabilities because even though that makes their platform hostile to individuals with disabilities. They claim that it doesn't put them in violation of ADA even though they could ban the offending parties." Like seriously, that would be a major shit show in the court of public opinion where where is in charge or in a position to do anything about it would be out the fucking door and possible unable to a good high profile job anywhere because of how shit it would look.

I mean at this point anyone of significant note, that you would consider it worth playing the ADA card, if it applies, likely has smart enough lawyers to understand it's not a fight they want to have. The fines alone likely will significantly outweigh any financial benefit they'd get from the bigot users on their own before you get into the consequences of the public blowback. Once you got them on a the potential ADA violation, they'll be more than happy to reach out and do something about their offending users. If they've fucked around enough, they'll get canned and any management that might be sympathetic too them will be told to STFU and BTFO. This in turn means that if it is going on, like Vshojo or Mouse are using it, you just aren't going to see any publicity about it because their is no need to do so; especially, since the platforms can save face and state those users violated the TOS and they are enforcing it.

Again, it's not going to be used against every website because that takes time, documentation and resources but often it's not worth it; especially, if there is no real financial merit to the site. People will do it to the big social media websites if need and applicable because there are individuals that are reliant on those sites continuing to be accessible to them for their livelihood. Like, I don't know if 4chan, the vile little pit that it is, is going after Mouse for her disability, but if they are, neither she or Vshojo may feel a need to go after them because they don't have an commercial interests in the shithole.

Granted, I do have to wonder if they are or not. My observation with a fair bit of the fuckery that content creators face, is often a result of those creators being unaware of their rights.

edited August 2022
    Mill wrote: »

If it's in the US (in this case a US based company, which doesn't apply to 2ch sadly) and the harassment is based on ones disability. Then yes, you can go after those sites and force them to do something about it through ADA. Keep in mind ADA isn't just about employment, it's also about access, otherwise it would be useless against business that decides to discriminate against individuals with disabilities that don't work for them or are seeking employment.

No, I can't cite any cases. That's not because "lol, Mill the law can't be used." That's like more a case of this is a 30+ year old bill that had backing of both major political parties at the time of it's passage and not just tepid support, significant support. I mean there is a reason why it has fucking teeth and why shithead business owners with brains or good lawyers are afraid of running afoul of it. Not to mention, the PR would be fucking terribly "major social media platform is refusing to anything about it's users with disabilities being attack for their disabilities because even though that makes their platform hostile to individuals with disabilities. They claim that it doesn't put them in violation of ADA even though they could ban the offending parties." Like seriously, that would be a major shit show in the court of public opinion where where is in charge or in a position to do anything about it would be out the fucking door and possible unable to a good high profile job anywhere because of how shit it would look.

I mean at this point anyone of significant note, that you would consider it worth playing the ADA card, if it applies, likely has smart enough lawyers to understand it's not a fight they want to have. The fines alone likely will significantly outweigh any financial benefit they'd get from the bigot users on their own before you get into the consequences of the public blowback. Once you got them on a the potential ADA violation, they'll be more than happy to reach out and do something about their offending users. If they've fucked around enough, they'll get canned and any management that might be sympathetic too them will be told to STFU and BTFO. This in turn means that if it is going on, like Vshojo or Mouse are using it, you just aren't going to see any publicity about it because their is no need to do so; especially, since the platforms can save face and state those users violated the TOS and they are enforcing it.

Again, it's not going to be used against every website because that takes time, documentation and resources but often it's not worth it; especially, if there is no real financial merit to the site. People will do it to the big social media websites if need and applicable because there are individuals that are reliant on those sites continuing to be accessible to them for their livelihood. Like, I don't know if 4chan, the vile little pit that it is, is going after Mouse for her disability, but if they are, neither she or Vshojo may feel a need to go after them because they don't have an commercial interests in the shithole.

Granted, I do have to wonder if they are or not. My observation with a fair bit of the fuckery that content creators face, is often a result of those creators being unaware of their rights.

The problem is, you've jumped like 13 steps to reach the result you'd LIKE to have here. Issues in using ADA to combat trolls:
    -Is the website even in your legal jurisdiction (probably no in every case, which was done on purpose)
    -Do the posts or videos or whatever count as "harassment" in the legal sense (again, probably no in most cases)
    -Can you prove the harassment was specifically about disability and not just like... being mean in a general sense
    -Do the posts interfere with business in a legal sense
    -Would you be able to get the website user served in a legal sense (again... no)
    -etc

The reason you don't have any examples is because it's not true and doesn't apply. ADA would be used if like VShojo itself (or Twitch or YouTube management) was messing with Mouse, not for random trolls on the internet being rude. I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm trying to firmly push back against armchair lawyering like this.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/GYBxoAloVAg

Summer Festival coming back on the 29th. Get ready for a bunch of Minecraft building streams.

steam_sig.png
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Anyways, moving on. Hololive RUST is still ongoing, for example, here's Pekora stream sniping to enter Fubuki's house:
    https://youtu.be/lKBgtW8qJ7U
    And here's Matsuri also getting in because the password to get in...is not a good password:
    https://youtu.be/_r-ONodJMiE
    Did nothing because "no raiding someone's home while they are offline" is one of the rules they agreed to to keep things from getting out of hand (again), but still funny.

TryCatcher on
    matsuri brought a rocket launcher to polka's batcave to 'play' and it resulted in this action movie climax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ookJMW7VhvU

uc3ufTB.png
    https://youtu.be/PgE6mZUGCOE
    Reine knows what kind of bait attracts sharks.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I kinda want someone to make a stealth action Pomu game. It'll probably be the only way I get around to playing something like Metal Gear Solid since so much of the series is absent from PC (I think - there's old ports of MGS and MGS2?).

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Everyone say it with me now:

https://youtu.be/SoAjB-1cMBM

YAKYUU JIKAN DA

https://youtu.be/FNwrKDTkWGI

the most devastating diss since hit ‘em up

https://youtu.be/9XwQGVYFT_8

https://youtu.be/GYBxoAloVAg

Summer Festival coming back on the 29th. Get ready for a bunch of Minecraft building streams.

oooh, ID server kicking off minecraft season even sooner than that

uc3ufTB.png
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    This is from a few days ago, but IRyS confirmed that any extras for her (outfits, 3D, etc.) are locked behind her model update, whatever that ends up being.
    https://youtu.be/UGFT3QyNN_s

Championship match happening now

Leos got crushed by nui in the 7th place match, ibu got smoked by kagami in the 5th place match, and shiishii barely squeaked by Sasaki for 3rd, so Vox at Home regrettably beats The Cooler Vox

Lize Helesta wins the Nijisanji Koshien over Kuzuha 5-3 with over 300k people watching, Inui is the MVP of the match

edited August 2022
    Latest HoloGra:
    https://youtu.be/xjd_WW3MBow
    Animators leveled up again lol:
    eudunulgiar8.png

TryCatcher on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    This is from a few days ago, but IRyS confirmed that any extras for her (outfits, 3D, etc.) are locked behind her model update, whatever that ends up being.

Is Cover sticking with Redjuice for that stuff?

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Skeith wrote: »
    Hellbore wrote: »

Is Cover sticking with Redjuice for that stuff?

The speculation out there is no, Redjuice is either unable or unwilling to complete the work required for updates and new outfits, so a new artist has been picked. This would explain why Irys is being speculative about when new stuff will be coming in, since the new artist has to do the work + the old artist being offboarded, whatever that entails.

All that could be completely wrong since it is just rumor, but it makes the "Irys' kimono will follow soon after Councils'... 6 Months Later she has NOTHING," gap coherent and also fits in with what Irys seems to be saying, so we will see.

there's a lot of good koshien fanart coming out already and I might drop some here but the overwhelming theme is that this was also a sendoff for mayuzumi kai, who kuzuha drafted to his team after he announced he was retiring

appropriately, mayuyu's team finished second, because he was more about bringing people together than winning tournaments

https://youtu.be/74BsxynlhxQ

Very glad this got clipped

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Selen playing Saints Row 3 in a few hours. Wonder how long she'll take in the character creator.

https://youtu.be/rwibBbhbHAI

Shion with the humblebrags:
    https://youtu.be/-j6DMPQO2n8

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    BOTAN CONCERT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsYtOSHzXHA

BOTAN CONCERT

I must say...
    As the Steam Thread's resident God Eater shill, I approve of her opening number.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    e7khxte1lhq8.jpeg

Audio issues aside, watching this is making me want to reinstall this game.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Latest HoloGra:
    https://youtu.be/xjd_WW3MBow
    Animators leveled up again lol:
    eudunulgiar8.png

Sounan-puns for the second week in a row.

edited August 2022
    From the Virtual Youtubers subreddit, someone made a Vlog of trying to get to the Myth Hololive Cafe on Korea:
    https://youtu.be/moU_n5J-gh0
    Dude goes through his entire supply of copium on the first 5 minutes of the video since he got there at 11 am and holy shit that's a big line.

TryCatcher on
    there's a whole trailer for this little Mario Kart tourney happening later today, hosted by HoloID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtG30MjdNPg

This discussion has been closed.