As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's Actually Zero Difference Between Good & [Bad] Food

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    The last few times I had kraft mac it tasted as bland to me fresh as it usually tastes reheated. Dunno if something changed with their recipe or with my taste buds, but it put me off.

I'm not sure it's a bad thing that I got put off it, since it's not like occasionally eating an entire box of macaroni and cheese in one go was doing me any favors, but still.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Did you have covid?

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Did you have covid?

I suppose it's possible. Though a quick Google reveals they changed the recipe a few years back to natural flavors, so maybe I just preferred the artificial junk.

Kamar on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Do you use mouthwash at all?

I discovered that an ingredient in many mouthwashes will make you unable to taste salt for a few hours. I had used some of my wife's mouthwash and then started eating chex mix. It was almost completely flavorless other than cheese and some other things. Thought I had covid until I did a little research.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Do you use mouthwash at all?

I discovered that an ingredient in many mouthwashes will make you unable to taste salt for a few hours. I had used some of my wife's mouthwash and then started eating chex mix. It was almost completely flavorless other than cheese and some other things. Thought I had covid until I did a little research.

I do, but never one with chlorhexidine.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Lonely Sandwich, Scott Simpson, and
    Hot dogs, ladies?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    In college I used to get macaroni and cheese plus a pack of hot dogs and that'd do me for a solid week. Make the macaroni, slice up the boiled hot dogs, and mix together.

If I was feeling fancy I could get little smokies instead of hot dogs, but that's a dish I know as pirates fingers from Cub Scouts. I do not know the nomenclature of that.

I prefer the hotdog slices in a can of baked beans, but both are good choices

The Beanee Weenee is indeed a cornerstone of the broke ass college student/bachelor pantry:

gnot8b0u2cjn.jpg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    All y'all who like hot dogs in your mac and cheese, try this shit instead, next time.

a2cb4234ef23d1c4026e32e37fac0f83_large.png

Slice that sausage in about 1/3" rounds and pop them on a medium-high skillet or pan until they start to turn black on the bottom, then flip 'em and treat the other side the same way. Pour the whole thing into your mac and cheese (you really, really want that delicious rendered fat) and stir it up good.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    .... I don't believe I've ever encountered "baked" as a flavor before.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    .... I don't believe I've ever encountered "baked" as a flavor before.

Basically it's the normal pork 'n' beans with a touch of liquid smoke and they wave some brown sugar and caramel color at it to make them resemble baked beans. VanCamp's descriptions have always been bizarre.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    All y'all who like hot dogs in your mac and cheese, try this shit instead, next time.

a2cb4234ef23d1c4026e32e37fac0f83_large.png

Slice that sausage in about 1/3" rounds and pop them on a medium-high skillet or pan until they start to turn black on the bottom, then flip 'em and treat the other side the same way. Pour the whole thing into your mac and cheese (you really, really want that delicious rendered fat) and stir it up good.

*whines in sudden, instant, and overpowering cravings for food products i cannot have*

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Polska kielbasa features primarily in my dad's spaghetti recipe

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Kielbasa, su casa

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    You know what goes good in Kraft Mac and cheese?

Some tony chachere.

• Options

Some tony chachere.

Tony Chachere could make an undercooked shoe palatable.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

Some tony chachere.

You sounds like a young Jokerman when he discovered Old Bay.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Some tony chachere.

Yes
    Jokerman wrote: »

Some tony chachere.

You sounds like a young Jokerman when he discovered Old Bay.

Hmmmm

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Some tony chachere.

I don't understand.. Kraft Mac and cheese is always delicious.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I…

disagree.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You're obviously not eating it with the fanciest dijon ketchups.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

My uncle has his mac and cheese this way and it's surprisingly a good combination. The acidity of the tomato cuts through the heaviness of the false cheese

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Last fall I discovered that gochujang makes a great addition to mac & cheese

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I would not put Old Bay in mac’n’cheese

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Why not

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Wrong noodle. Old Bay is strictly for shells & cheese.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Amazing looking food that isn't your standard fare.

Texas Food Truck Tour!! Inside Austin’s Brisket-Mobile!! (18 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avpv1dZYC8U

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Last fall I discovered that gochujang makes a great addition to mac & cheese

Gochujang is great for anything super cheesy.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So we haven't had a Sbarro's in the city in years. Possibly a decade. That was the only place to get that specific type of garbage pizza.

Co-worker told me that a new gas station that was built has a Sbarro's in it. So obviously I drove there yesterday to see. Fucking nice ass gas station. Huge on the inside. There is a mini mall style food court with the Sbarro's and another food spot that wasn't finished yet. Logos look different, but they could easily have changed them in the last ten years. They have a deal on and I get two giant slices for six bucks. I was getting it to go and it was too hot to eat in my car so I drove home.

Review:

Very greasy. Very messy. Crust seemed to be like I remember. I feel like the pepperoni was different, but I can't remember the overall taste since it has been so long. Final result was that it was fine? Seemed good value considering the size. Feels weird going into a giant gas station just to get Sbarro's though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    So we haven't had a Sbarro's in the city in years. Possibly a decade. That was the only place to get that specific type of garbage pizza.

Co-worker told me that a new gas station that was built has a Sbarro's in it. So obviously I drove there yesterday to see. Fucking nice ass gas station. Huge on the inside. There is a mini mall style food court with the Sbarro's and another food spot that wasn't finished yet. Logos look different, but they could easily have changed them in the last ten years. They have a deal on and I get two giant slices for six bucks. I was getting it to go and it was too hot to eat in my car so I drove home.

Review:

Very greasy. Very messy. Crust seemed to be like I remember. I feel like the pepperoni was different, but I can't remember the overall taste since it has been so long. Final result was that it was fine? Seemed good value considering the size. Feels weird going into a giant gas station just to get Sbarro's though.

IMO, gas stations like that are the new malls.
    (Not joking.)

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    SheetzWa

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Review:

I miss the Sbarro baked ziti. Every now and then I get a strong sense memory bringing it back.

• Options

Do I look like I have a million dollars!?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Yes.

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

Yes.

Shit, I should probably check.

• Options

Review:

Yeah Sbarro is still pretty good trash pizza.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

I thought Old Bay was a rum so this has all been quite confusing

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Alright. 6 meals of Brunswick stew and I still have about a qt going in the freezer.

Now for takeout chinese, which I have been craving for 3 days but haven't gotten since I was being a responsible stew owner. Steward?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

I thought Old Bay was a rum so this has all been quite confusing

Same, only about Old Bay being a spice blend and Old Spice a deodorant.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    DF_WindowMenu_24x36_Sept2022-1536x1024.jpg

As I read this I found myself thinking “Shit, Columbus isn’t that far …if I got in the car now, I could probably have this for dinner?”
    Alas, I have Too Much To Do to make this particular Sunday into Hot Dog Road Trip but now that card has been shuffled into my deck of possible throw-off-the-shackles-and-do-something-out-of-pocket weekend activities.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE

This discussion has been closed.