As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's Actually Zero Difference Between Good & [Bad] Food

• Options
    Jr.Jr. Registered User regular
    Sorry I didnt post the bean sprouts soup I was too busy having sex B)

• Options
    I have to be honest I was not actually having sex I forgot to take a picture when it was done all I have is a picture if it when I was cooking it I didn ot take a picture of it when it was all done I don’t remember how done it is here

• Options
    The file failed to upload it said I will fix it hang in pleasebfwcqd5eksjg.jpeg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jr. wrote: »
    I have to be honest I was not actually having sex

what the FUCK

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Snow Aged Wagyu Beef Experience ★ ONLY in JAPAN (12 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeUr6jYnmtM
    I snow age meat all the time it is called having a freezer they come with most refrigerator and you can buy one by itself too if you freeze a lot like you buy a cow at the fair I knew a family that bought beef that way they bought the whole cow at the fair

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

what the FUCK
    There was no fuck

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

what the FUCK
    There was no fuck

jesus christ

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    but the boat?!

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    qf63oaubhndj.gif

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

This was a rollercoaster ride I shall not soon recover from.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I went to a place today, to get some food. It was a twenty minute wait.

I waited twenty minutes to buy grapes, in my defence they are, really good grapes.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I love it when we get grapes because my wife does not eat grapes, so the grapes are all mine.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    we also just bought grapes today.

mmm grapes.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Grapes are like candy but they grow from plants and that seems too good to be true but it's not.

Grapes

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    $10 vs $125 Food Truck Food in Austin, Texas!! (18 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzi7tsrrh4

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Hm. I was going to order Domino's to celebrate my recovery from a stomach bug, but the price doubles now between the subtotal and final cost so I always become aware of how much money I'm wasting and close the tab. ~$30 somehow feels like I've crossed some sort of threshold that gives even my ADHD-addled brain pause, where ~$20 didn't. Maybe because $30 is still in my brain as 'how much I need to eat comfortably for a week if I'm careful'.

Guess I'll walk over to the store and buy a Freschetta Brick-Oven or a rotisserie chicken or something.

Kamar on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Hm. I was going to order Domino's to celebrate my recovery from a stomach bug, but the price doubles now between the subtotal and final cost so I always become aware of how much money I'm wasting and close the tab. ~$30 somehow feels like I've crossed some sort of common sense threshold that ~$20 didn't. Maybe because $30 is still in my brain as 'how much I need to eat comfortably for a week if I'm careful'.

Guess I'll walk over to the store and buy a Freschetta Brick-Oven or a rotisserie chicken or something.

Did you use the 5 dollar coupon?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

Now I have questions about how the soup was enjoyed, ones which I would be grateful if you did not answer.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Grapes are like candy but they grow from plants and that seems too good to be true but it's not.

Grapes

It slightly freaks me out that grapes grow wild in London now.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My brother went to Italy recently and he said all the pizza he had there was amazing, and the Italians must do something special with their pizza. But when I try to look up authentic Italian pizza recipes they're all just flour, water, olive oil, yeast, and salt. Same as every recipe I've tried before. What gives. What makes good pizza so much better than my kind of shitty pizza?

• Options
    edited February 2023
    My brother went to Italy recently and he said all the pizza he had there was amazing, and the Italians must do something special with their pizza. But when I try to look up authentic Italian pizza recipes they're all just flour, water, olive oil, yeast, and salt. Same as every recipe I've tried before. What gives. What makes good pizza so much better than my kind of shitty pizza?

There's a few different styles of Italian pizza so it depends a bit on where he was, but my guess would be a combo of rising time, flour grade, and water sourcing (aficionados swear the last one matters, ymmv)

There's a Roman pizza place near me which is pretty exceptional, I've managed to get something close to their output using a 72 hour dough

tynic on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    He was right up the top. Was skiing in the French Alps and took a day trip into Italy.

Edit: also that sounds pleasingly simple. I will try the 72 hour thing next time.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Those wood ovens prolly make a pretty big difference as well

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

if it was Naples, they do not fuck around with their pizza

https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/en/ricetta_pizza_napoletana

• Options
    I go back and forth on whether to use strong flour for pizza, but i know some italian recipes specifically call for 00, which should make the dough softer and more pillowy. One day I should do a batch with each and see how much difference it makes.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    00 is good.

So is AP.

And bread flour.

Basically, all sorts of pizza are good. Just different. I strongly recommend everyone make their own pizza with all types of flour sometime. Have fun with it. Get wacky. Pizza rules.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options

Grapes
    In some countries fruit is considered candy for instance some countries believes dates are candy . I suspect in some countries it is even possible that vegetable are eaten as candy or at least as desert

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I go back and forth on whether to use strong flour for pizza, but i know some italian recipes specifically call for 00, which should make the dough softer and more pillowy. One day I should do a batch with each and see how much difference it makes.

https://youtu.be/4oseDv8oB5E

• Options
    We have eaten dates at my house we get them at Aldi sometimes I am a fan I also enjoy grapes the purple ones are better than the green ones it is interesting that green bell peppers are the same as the red ones it is just a difference of how long they ripened meanwhile green and purple grapes are entirely different if you keep ripening grapes they become raisins

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Grapes are best after 15 seconds in the microwave

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Even weirdo fake pizzas like I make with cheese+egg crusts when I'm being carb conscious are good. It's hard to fuck up pizza, like there's a floor level of tastiness you get from cheese+sauce, though everywhere that delivers in this town tries their hardest to fuck up sometimes.

I miss having a Jet's or even just a consistent Domino's around...

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I've had a lot of success with King Arthur bread flour for my pizzas, but I use a regular oven instead of an Ooni or similar.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    Even weirdo fake pizzas like I make with cheese+egg crusts when I'm being carb conscious are good. It's hard to fuck up pizza, like there's a floor level of tastiness you get from cheese+sauce, though everywhere that delivers in this town tries their hardest to fuck up sometimes.

I miss having a Jet's or even just a consistent Domino's around...

I have eaten jets pizza the crust cut up the roof of my mouth like Captain crunch I did not even know pizza could do that i will not eat it again after that

• Options
    Dominos pizza is bad too is so bad their commercials even admit how bad it was i do not want to eat bad pizza but it was good of dominos not to lie they were probably just worried about getting sued for false advertising if they said it was good

• Options
    I do not know how subwa

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I feel the need to make a plea for punctuation

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I'm rarely in the mood for bad pizza, but I am sometimes in the mood for Dominos.

The mood is usually "regret", but still.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I feel the need to make a plea for punctuation

?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Clinically-diagnosed with Fuckitall Syndrome

• Options

Grapes
    In some countries fruit is considered candy for instance some countries believes dates are candy . I suspect in some countries it is even possible that vegetable are eaten as candy or at least as desert

Candied rhubarb is a thing.

This discussion has been closed.