Options

9-11 Never forget

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2023
    Where was I talking about giving out my phone number? Was it here?

Whatever!

Duck edit - dude, no

Feel free to text me ANYTIME

A duck! on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life, ass they say.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    damn you just... posted it out there

your whole-ass phone number

i've been trained my entire life not to do that, like public nudity

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm not your mum and you can do whatever you want but I'd recommend probably not posting your home phone number publicly online

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Steve's gonna get so many crank calls now

Excuse me sir but is your refrigerator running?

Uriel on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Bro please do not.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Not the first time I’ve done that while drunk!!

Probably won’t be the last either!!

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    I like talking to interesting people or people I get along with well and can joke with, or people who can teach me stuff, all sorts of people.

But if you bore me I have no interest in you.

I'll be pleasant, it's an acquired skill, but I'm turned off inside.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Yes that is the definition.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Not the first time I’ve done that while drunk!!

Probably won’t be the last either!!

I just assumed that was a prank number. Steve...

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I like talking to interesting people or people I get along with well and can joke with, or people who can teach me stuff, all sorts of people.

Genuinely I don't mean to call you out but like, this is like saying "I like food that tastes good and if food tastes bad then I won't like it"

Like I guess I get what you mean but imagine saying this to a group of people out loud in real life

• Options
    As a boring person I

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2023

Genuinely I don't mean to call you out but like, this is like saying "I like food that tastes good and if food tastes bad then I won't like it"

Like I guess I get what you mean but imagine saying this to a group of people out loud in real life

Can I wear a cape and carry a glass of exquisite Sherry?

Cause I think those accessories really help sell that particular line of dialogue.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Can I wear a cape and carry a glass of exquisite of Sherry?

Cause I think those accessories really help sell that particular line of dialogue.

be a real cam winston about it

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Can I wear a cape and carry a glass of exquisite of Sherry?

You also have to stop between every few words to say, “hmm”

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

Do you also think of other people as NPCs? This is the kind of shit those dudes say.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Boring people can be interesting if you ask them the right questions.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    In “talking to strangers” news

Seated at a table in southern Portugal tonight and a couple sits at the table next to us (about 20” of space between us, very close)

We hear them talk, and it’s obvious they are American. The wife has a bandage on her forehead and cuts on her legs and is in obvious discomfort while her husband tries to help her relax.

Anyway, I had to run to the hotel room down the square to get cash for the bill as the restaurant’s card machines are down

I get back about 10-minutes later and my wife is turned and chatting away with this couple, as if they are old friends

It turns out, they live in another suburb of Columbus, the same suburb my wife is from and her family still lives in, and the injured woman is in a book club with my mother-in-law! She was hurt yesterday in a fall on the hike that my wife and I did earlier today (they made it to the edge of the parking lot before her fall, my wife and I hiked the whole 12km).

Anyway, my wife and this couple are super chatty and the injured woman says “we need a picture of us doing the O H I O pose” (note: if you know, I’m sorry) and I and the other guy reluctantly agree. However, this being a beachtown restaurant in Portugal, the servers only come by our tables once every 20 minutes, so we needed to find someone else to take our picture.

2 more tables down is a dude who looks exactly like Joe Biden and as we approach we hear he sounds American AF as well. We ask him to take our picture and he agrees. As we line up a few feet away and start spelling out OHIO with our arms, the dude puts the phone down and starts laughing his ass off- he goes “really?!?!”

He’s also from Columbus, an OSU grad, and lives in the same suburb that my wife and I live in!!!!

So anyway I still hate talking to stranger but I guess it pays off to get a story like that every now and then
    1myns10p3r7a.jpeg

• Options
    Oh and right after I left to get the money, my wife just asked the other woman if she was ok and needed help with anything because of her leg

So there you go

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2023

We had a person who says they swing between people as a coordinator type making connections and ensuring everyone is happy. We've had people who actively engage with all types in unknown situations just to see what happens. As Chico just said, you can dig into anyone and find something interesting about them. Interacting with someone can involve a level of effort beyond initial personal interest.

I was just sharing that I'm not really a good enough person to do that, typically. If someone pointed this out in real life I'd just explain further. I'm not really scared of "sounding stupid". Everything you say can sound stupid to someone. I had a real thing to say.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2023

We had a person who says they swing between people as a coordinator type making connections and ensuring everyone is happy. We've had people who actively engage with all types in unknown situations just to see what happens. As Chico just said, you can dig into anyone and find something interesting about them.

I was just sharing that I'm not really a good enough person to do that, typically. If someone pointed this out in real life I'd just explain further. I'm not really scared of "sounding stupid". Everything you say can sound stupid to someone. I had a real thing to say.

what you said didn't sound stupid so much as kind of vacuous and arrogant

like what kind of viewpoint is "I like talking to interesting people that I like but not boring people that I don't"?

i'm sure you're a good dude but that's just...kind of a weird and off-putting thing to say unprompted. if you said that in real life I wouldn't really be interested in hearing you "explain further" I'd probably just want to stop talking to you

I don't mean to be abrasive but "if you bore me I have no interest in you" just hits a bunch of alarm bells for me, like the dudes (it's always dudes) I've known who talk like that have usually had some other pretty unsavory views on people

edit: which to be clear, nobody likes talking to people that bore them! that's kind of the definition of the word like brovid said. but feeling like it's something that has to be said, like it's part of your personality, is...not a great look

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Portugal apparently Ohioans favorite European vacation destination.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have never said anything interesting in my life and I'll be damned if I start now

• Options
    edited September 2023

We had a person who says they swing between people as a coordinator type making connections and ensuring everyone is happy. We've had people who actively engage with all types in unknown situations just to see what happens. As Chico just said, you can dig into anyone and find something interesting about them.

like what kind of viewpoint is "I like talking to interesting people that I like but not boring people that I don't"?

i'm sure you're a good dude but that's just...kind of a weird and off-putting thing to say unprompted. if you said that in real life I wouldn't really be interested in hearing you "explain further" I'd probably just want to stop talking to you

I don't mean to be abrasive but "if you bore me I have no interest in you" just hits a bunch of alarm bells for me, like the dudes (it's always dudes) I've known who talk like that have usually had some other pretty unsavory views on people

Fair enough, that does look bad when you explain it like that. I think people are pretty swell, with unique lives, histories, experiences, memories, a combination of uniquely precious paths through life I'll never know, they always surprise me if I let them, they're all precious and worthy of life. I just don't interact with them very well. It's a personal flaw. Like, I don't judge them for it, I just don't put in any effort. If I'd said it I would have sounded more sorrowful about it, like I was admitting a secret, and probably said "I know this is gonna sound kinda bad" first with a sheepish smile. I also wouldn't say it unprompted. I was reading the previous conversation when I decided to type it out. I doubt I'd even say the same thing to be honest, I don't write online anything like I interact with people in real life.

Sorry if that triggered your chudometer! I promise I ain't one! Hopefully!

Morninglord on
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Maybe I should go visit Portugal 🤔

• Options
    I have never said anything interesting in my life and I'll be damned if I start now

Too late that was pretty interesting.

• Options

Fair enough, that does look bad when you explain it like that. I think people are pretty swell, with unique lives, histories, experiences, memories, a combination of uniquely precious paths through life I'll never know, they always surprise me if I let them, they're all precious and worthy of life. I just don't interact with them very well. It's a personal flaw. Like, I don't judge them for it, I just don't put in any effort. If I'd said it I would have sounded more sorrowful about it, like I was admitting a secret, and probably said "I know this is gonna sound kinda bad" first with a sheepish smile. I also wouldn't say it unprompted. I was reading the previous conversation when I decided to type it out. I doubt I'd even say the same thing to be honest, I don't write online anything like I interact with people in real life.

fair enough and no worries! like I said, I'm sure you're a good dude, that's just the internet for ya

• Options

It’s rad

Also so many goddamn hills

• Options

fair enough and no worries! like I said, I'm sure you're a good dude, that's just the internet for ya

I wouldn't say I'm that good, NPC 4. ;)

• Options
    I have a friend that up and moved to Portugal seemingly out of nowhere like 5-6 years ago, and every once in a while she'll post a batch of photos on facebook that make the place look pretty goddamn cool

my #1 bucket list travel destination at the moment is a two-week tour of the Greek isles

• Options
    I need to get the fuck out of this shit ass country once in my life.

• Options
    Was gonna go on a historical, geography and cat island tour of japan when covid hit, and have been too busy to go after that.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Lisbon is crowded as fuck- I saw something the other day where they estimate 6 visitors/tourists for every resident of the city at any time and the dense, narrow streets (some streets are only shoulder-width wide!!) feel every bit of it

We walked the entire old city in half a day just by randomly zig-zagging around, it’s kind of wild how all the old twisty streets all lead back to the downtown area (Baixa)

Algarve (The Algarve I guess) is “the southernmost part of Britain” and yeah, lots of lads out today for the Rugby World Cup and Prem

The environment is exactly like Southern California, but the cities are old and charming, and I’m not spending reserved mental capacity scanning all the people around me wondering which of them is carrying a gun and hoping to use it

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

You haven't truly lived in Ohio till you've vacationed in Portugal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Steve did the thing like I did in a discord group of RL friends where I posted a copypasta with like, Old Gods script going off the lines and had four people text me my shit got hacked within 5 minutes.

Folks? It takes days for people to respond to basic questions in this discord. But a person posts something suspicious? Everybody becomes a concerned white hat.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Too late that was pretty interesting.

It's like the fact that there are no boring numbers, because that would mean one number would be the smallest boring number which is quite an interesting property, so that number can no longer be the smallest boring number and that accolade moves to the next smallest number, and so on

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's 3
    That wasn't very hard

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    3's a very interesting number, it looks like a sideways butt

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Or tits.

Or a kitty cat smile!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    That's just finding the symbol for the number interesting, think mathematically, the property of there being three of something? Boring as shit

BahamutZERO.gif