Options

loller skaterz dropping from rofl copters! won first place in the Defcon challenges

13»

• Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    re
    a drop of golden sun

potatoe on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    peterstache.jpg

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    AWIY wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    All around the world statues crumble for me
    who knows how long I've loved you
    everywhere I go people stop and they see
    twenty-five years old my mother God rest her soul

Suger Ray?

suger
    sugar

It's been a while

since you have eaten anything containing sugar

It is a good thing bands all get their names from actual things

Now I'm gonna go eat some Korn.

it's a good thing that that isn't a straw man argument because sugar ray is spelled differently from sugar

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    bipbopskoobidydow.png

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    AWIYAWIY Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    All around the world statues crumble for me
    who knows how long I've loved you
    everywhere I go people stop and they see
    twenty-five years old my mother God rest her soul

Suger Ray?

suger
    sugar

It's been a while

since you have eaten anything containing sugar

It is a good thing bands all get their names from actual things

Now I'm gonna go eat some Korn.

it's a good thing that that isn't a straw man argument because sugar ray is spelled differently from sugar

I don't really know where I'm going with this

just thought I'd fire that out there

AWIY on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    These animals without courage, these fear-haunted, pain-driven things, they are no good for man-making.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wow. Toby Maguire with a mustache makes me realize just how much cooler Spider Man 3 would have been if Peter Parker had been played by Tom Selleck.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Shit I think I missed a bit in there. Something about spark of pugnacious energy. I suck at retaining monologues.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    What it is, only God knows. In terms of matter I suppose the thing Ammi described would be called a gas, but this gas obeyed the laws that are not of our cosmos. This was no fruit of such worlds and suns as shine on the telescopes and photographic plates of our observatories. This was no breath from the skies whose motions and dimensions our astronomers measure or deem too vast to measure. It was just a colour out of space - a frightful messenger from unformed realms of infinity beyond all Nature as we know it; from realms whose mere existence stuns the brain and numbs us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes.

I doubt very much if Ammi consciously lied to me, and I do not think his tale was all a freak of madness as the townsfolk had forewarned. Something terrible came to the hills and valleys on that meteor, and something terrible - though I know not in what proportion - still remains. I shall be glad to see the water come. Meanwhile I hope nothing will happen to Ammi. He saw so much of the thing - and its influence was so insidious. Why has he never been able to move away? How clearly he recalled those dying words of Nahum's - "Can't git away - draws ye - ye know summ'at's comin' but tain't no use - ". Ammi is such a good old man - when the reservoir gang gets to work I must write the chief engineer to keep a sharp watch on him. I would hate to think of him as the grey, twisted, brittle monstrosity which persists more and more in troubling my sleep.

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    this is probably the best thing ive ever done

quetzichan.gif

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    omgboomlolomgboomlol __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Wow. Toby Maguire with a mustache makes me realize just how much cooler Spider Man 3 would have been if Peter Parker had been played by Tom Selleck.

Instead of the black suit he could have the NRA.

omgboomlol on
    omgboomlolud1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    God I love you Karl. I wish I'd known you had that.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gigglio wrote: »
    slow wrote: »
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

t('-' t )

I need to remember that one.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ew, quetzi

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Man has climbed Everest and he has scraped the depths of the ocean. He has fired rockets into outer space and split the atom. He has invented, devised, created in every realm of human endeavour, and everywhere he has triumphed, broken records, achieved miracles. I said in every realm, but there is one that he has neglected, Mr. Bond. That one is the human activity loosely known as crime. The so-called criminal exploits committed by individual humans – I do not of course refer to their idiotic wars, their clumsy destruction of each other – are of miserable dimensions: little bank robberies, tiny swindles, picayune forgeries. And yet, ready to hand, a few hundred miles from here, opportunity for the greatest crime is offered. Only the actors are missing. But the producer is at last here, Mr. Bond, and he has chosen his cast. This very afternoon the script will be read to the leading actors. Then rehearsals will begin and, in one week the curtain will go up for this single, the unique performance. And then will come the applause, the applause for the greatest single extra-legal coup of all time. And, Mr. Bond, the world will rock with that applause for centuries.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    AWIYAWIY Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That's pretty awesome

AWIY on
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That's our 4chan!

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    potatoe wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So this guy registered last year and only has 15 posts?

I am going to guess that the OP is actually the best post he has made here.

i'm betting i've made more posts than that in an hour some days

I know I have.

Shit, in a half hour, even.

Look at my post average. It's almost as much as his total posts.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Dan - go to the sanitarium and kill it. Exterminate it. It isn't Edward Derby any more. She got me - it's Asenath - and she has been dead three months and a half. I lied when I said she had gone away. I killed her. I had to. It was sudden, but we were alone and I was in my right body. I saw a candlestick and smashed her head in. She would have got me for good at Hallowmass.

"I buried her in the farther cellar storeroom under some old boxes and cleaned up all the traces. The servants suspected next morning, but they have such secrets that they dare not tell the police. I sent them off, but God knows what they - and others of the cult - will do.

"I thought for a while I was all right, and then I felt the tugging at my brain. I knew what it was - I ought to have remembered. A soul like hers - or Ephraim's - is half detached, and keeps right on after death as long as the body lasts. She was getting me - making me change bodies with her-seizing my body and purting me in that corpse of hers buried in the cellar.

"I knew what was coming - that's why I snapped and had to go to the asylum. Then it came - I found myself choked in the dark - in Asenath's rotting carcass down there in the cellar under the boxes where I put it. And I knew she must be in my body at the sanitarium - permanently, for it was after Hallowmass, and the sacrifice would work even without her being there - sane, and ready for release as a menace to the world. I was desperate, and in spite of everything I clawed my way out.

"I'm too far gone to talk - I couldn't manage to telephone - but I can still write. I'll get fixed up somehow and bring this last word and warning. Kill that fiend if you value the peace and comfort of the world. See that it is cremated. If you don't, it will live on and on, body to body forever, and I can't tell you what it will do. Keep clear of black magic, Dan, it's the devil's business. Goodbye - you've been a great friend. Tell the police whatever they'll believe - and I'm damnably sorry to drag all this on you. I'll be at peace before long - this thing won't hold together much more. Hope you can read this. And kill that thing - kill it.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »
    Man has climbed Everest and he has scraped the depths of the ocean. He has fired rockets into outer space and split the atom. He has invented, devised, created in every realm of human endeavour, and everywhere he has triumphed, broken records, achieved miracles. I said in every realm, but there is one that he has neglected, Mr. Bond. That one is the human activity loosely known as crime. The so-called criminal exploits committed by individual humans – I do not of course refer to their idiotic wars, their clumsy destruction of each other – are of miserable dimensions: little bank robberies, tiny swindles, picayune forgeries. And yet, ready to hand, a few hundred miles from here, opportunity for the greatest crime is offered. Only the actors are missing. But the producer is at last here, Mr. Bond, and he has chosen his cast. This very afternoon the script will be read to the leading actors. Then rehearsals will begin and, in one week the curtain will go up for this single, the unique performance. And then will come the applause, the applause for the greatest single extra-legal coup of all time. And, Mr. Bond, the world will rock with that applause for centuries.

tl;dr: a love story

and then he got head

the end

omgboomlol on
    omgboomlolud1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I’m glad you’re unconscious. I thought maybe the sedative might have run out. The mask helps my conscience, but not as much when you’re squirming. I was going to do a little work today. See if I couldn’t figure some things out. Sadly, the meal I had earlier isn’t going to last long enough to keep a clear head. Looks like I’m going to have to carve off another piece. You don’t have a preference, do you? I figured I’d start in on one of your legs before I finished your arm. Y’know- the others would kill me if they knew I had you down here. They wouldn’t understand. You’d be gone and I’d always be hungry. Can’t think when I’m hungry. You understand, don’t you? Don’t worry- I always clean the tools after I use them. Never know when I’m going to come down here in a rush needing a bite to eat. And I don’t want you getting infected- with mine or any other disease or infection. I need you here- human- for as long as I can hold out. You understand, right? I don’t enjoy this- I think it’s sick. I do it for the good of us all. I like to think that if I didn’t keep you so drugged you’d volunteer for this. That said, I’m not going to let the drugs wear off so I can ask- so I guess I am a monster. You want to hear something really scary? Well, something that scares me, at least. I like the way flesh tastes. Really, I do. If I were to somehow find a cure for whatever’s going on with us- if things went back to the way they were…or as close as they could get… I think I’d still eat people. That terrifies me. Really. The scary part is that it’s the only thing about all this that terrifies me. And I just sawed off a friend’s foot so I can eat it.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "For the love of God, Montressor! "

"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!"

But to these words I hearkened in vain for a reply. I grew impatient. I called aloud -

"Fortunato!"

No answer. I called again -

"Fortunato!"

No answer still. I thrust a torch through the remaining aperture and let it fall within. There came forth in return only a jingling of the bells. My heart grew sick - on account of the dampness of the catacombs. I hastened to make an end of my labor. I forced the last stone into its position ; I plastered it up. Against the new masonry I re-erected the old rampart of bones. For the half of a century no mortal has disturbed them. In pace requiescat!

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I’m glad you’re unconscious. I thought maybe the sedative might have run out. The mask helps my conscience, but not as much when you’re squirming. I was going to do a little work today. See if I couldn’t figure some things out. Sadly, the meal I had earlier isn’t going to last long enough to keep a clear head. Looks like I’m going to have to carve off another piece. You don’t have a preference, do you? I figured I’d start in on one of your legs before I finished your arm. Y’know- the others would kill me if they knew I had you down here. They wouldn’t understand. You’d be gone and I’d always be hungry. Can’t think when I’m hungry. You understand, don’t you? Don’t worry- I always clean the tools after I use them. Never know when I’m going to come down here in a rush needing a bite to eat. And I don’t want you getting infected- with mine or any other disease or infection. I need you here- human- for as long as I can hold out. You understand, right? I don’t enjoy this- I think it’s sick. I do it for the good of us all. I like to think that if I didn’t keep you so drugged you’d volunteer for this. That said, I’m not going to let the drugs wear off so I can ask- so I guess I am a monster. You want to hear something really scary? Well, something that scares me, at least. I like the way flesh tastes. Really, I do. If I were to somehow find a cure for whatever’s going on with us- if things went back to the way they were…or as close as they could get… I think I’d still eat people. That terrifies me. Really. The scary part is that it’s the only thing about all this that terrifies me. And I just sawed off a friend’s foot so I can eat it.

p.s.

he came on her face

omgboomlol on
    omgboomlolud1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'll get right on that Quetzi

(what's that from, actually)

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Smart Hero wrote: »

Which? I've posted snippets of a monologue from The Island of Dr. Moreau, until I fucked up, then it was from a Bond move, then Lovecraft (can't remember which story), and then Marvel Zombies. All various monologues I've contemplating using for auditions.

Oh wait, you're named Dan, aren't you? So it's Lovecraft. Can't remember which story.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    It was four years more, before I saw herself. I had heard of her as leading a most unhappy life, and as being separated from her husband who had used her with great cruelty, and who had become quite renowned as a compound of pride, brutality, and meanness.

I had heard of the death of her husband (from an accident consequent on ill-treating a horse), and of her being married again to a Shropshire doctor, who, against his interest, had once very manfully interposed, on an occasion when he was in professional attendance on Mr. Drummle, and had witnessed some outrageous treatment of her. I had heard that the Shropshire doctor was not rich, and that they lived on her own personal fortune.

I was in England again -- in London, and walking along Piccadilly with little Pip -- when a servant came running after me to ask would I step back to a lady in a carriage who wished to speak to me. It was a little pony carriage, which the lady was driving; and the lady and I looked sadly enough on one another.

"I am greatly changed, I know; but I thought you would like to shake hands with Estella, too, Pip. Lift up that pretty child and let me kiss it!" (She supposed the child, I think, to be my child.)

I was very glad afterwards to have had the interview; for, in her face and in her voice, and in her touch, she gave me the assurance, that suffering had been stronger than Miss Havisham's teaching, and had given her a heart to understand what my heart used to be.

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Which? I've posted snippets of a monologue from The Island of Dr. Moreau, until I fucked up, then it was from a Bond move, then Lovecraft (can't remember which story), and then Marvel Zombies. All various monologues I've contemplating using for auditions.

Oh wait, you're named Dan, aren't you? So it's Lovecraft. Can't remember which story.

Well then I guess I should track down a good collection of his stories.

Any suggestions?

(also I recognized the M. Zombies bit) (sic)

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Goddamn you faggots stop fagging up my Tom Selleck thread.

quigly.gif

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Hmm, no more save files of monologues. Damn. I guess I could find some stuff I've done previously, but I think most, if not all, of it is Shakespeare.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Well then I guess I should track down a good collection of his stories.

Any suggestions?

(also I recognized the M. Zombies bit) (sic)

I can't really suggest anything, I haven't read all too much of his stuff.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Vercingetorix, having convened a council the following day, declares That he had undertaken that war, not on account of his own exigences, but on account of the general freedom; and since he must yield to fortune, he offered himself to them for either purpose, whether they should wish to atone to the Romans by his death, or surrender him alive. Embassadors are sent to Caesar on this subject. He orders their arms to be surrendered, and their chieftains delivered up. He seated himself at the head of the lines in front of the camp, the Gallic chieftains are brought before him. They surrender Vercingetorix, and lay down their arms. Reserving the Aedui and Arverni, [to try] if he could gain over, through their influence, their respective states, he distributes one of the remaining captives to each soldier, throughout the entire army, as plunder.

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    oh man I just thought of the best one

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I think I'll save that Marvel Zombies one for my next year at ren faire. Maybe keep a string of mad scientist monologues going on.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    With one particular horse, called Nugget, Alan embraces. The animal digs its sweaty brow into his cheek, and they stand in the dark for an hour - like a necking couple. And of all the nonsensical things - I keep thinking about the horse! Not the boy: the horse, and what it may be trying to do. I keep seeing that huge head kissing him with its chained mouth. Nudging through the metal some desire absolutely irrelevant to filling its belly or propagating its own kind. What desire could that be? Not to stay a horse any longer? Not to remain reined up for ever in those particular genetic strings? Is it possible, at certain moments we cannot imagine, a horse can add its sufferings together - the non-stop jerks and jabs that are its daily life - and turn them into grief? What use is grief to a horse?

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wow guys I got a PM.

<sigh>
    The only other posts I have sent were regarding, 1) when I was trying to get childsplay to sponsor a charity childrens hospital in egypt 2) when childplay added that hospital to their list 3) when to toys arrived

Anyhow this is pretty cool considering how tough some of these challenges are, and they did it with only 3 people.

Two things to notice:

1) He's taking our comments seriously.

2) He thinks we care.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Wow guys I got a PM.

<sigh>
    The only other posts I have sent were regarding, 1) when I was trying to get childsplay to sponsor a charity childrens hospital in egypt 2) when childplay added that hospital to their list 3) when to toys arrived

Anyhow this is pretty cool considering how tough some of these challenges are, and they did it with only 3 people.

Two things to notice:

1) He's taking our comments seriously.

2) He thinks we care.
    Oooh! Oooh!

Convince him otherwise!

omgboomlol on
    omgboomlolud1.gif
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    God damn, I wish you were here to enjoy this beautiful weather with
    me. It is autumn, as you know, and things are beginning to die. It is
    so wonderful to be out in the crisp fall air, with the leaves turning
    gold and the grass turning brown, and the warmth going out of the
    sunlight and big hot fires in the fireplace while Buddy rakes the
    lawn. We see a lot of bombs on TV because we watch it a lot more, now
    that the days get shorter and shorter, and darkness comes so soon, and
    all the flowers die from freezing.

Oh, God! You should have been with me yesterday when I finished my
    ham and eggs and knocked back some whiskey and picked up my Weatherby
    Mark V .300 Magnum and a ball of black Opium for dessert and went
    outside with a fierce kind of joy in my heart because I was Proud to
    be an American on a day like this. If felt like a goddamn Football
    Game, Jann -- it was like Paradise.... You remember that bliss you
    felt when we powered down to the farm and whipped Stanford? Well, it
    felt like That.

I digress. My fits of Joy are soiled by relentless flashbacks and
    ghosts too foul to name....Oh no, don't ask Why. You could have been
    president, Jann, but your road was full of forks, and I think of this
    when I see the forked horns of these wild animals who dash back and
    forth on the hillsides while rifles crack in the distance and fine
    swarthy young men with blood on their hands drive back and forth in
    the dusk and mournfully call our names....

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Actually I remeber the Egyptian hospital thread.

I think Khoo or Gabe or somebody showed up to tell'em to contact them directly rather than through our wretched hive of scum and villany.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I hate every ape I see
    From chimpan-a to chimpan-zee
    No, you'll never make a monkey out of me

Oh my God, I was wrong
    It was Earth all along

You've finally made a monkey
    Yes, we've finally made a monkey
    Yes, you've finally made a monkey out of me
    Yes, we've finally made a monkey out of you

I love you, Dr. Zaius!

#pipe on