As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread - Persona 3 now available!

145791099

Posts

  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Questor wrote: »
    Oh wow, I go away for a weekend to do PAX and we get new thread....

    Anyone gifted Dover yet?

    I was hit multiple times for no reason other than I'm sexy as hell. COMPLETELY UNFAIR I SAY!

    Give unto Dover what is Dover's

    BetsuniMNC DoverFencingsaxThawmus
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Questor wrote: »
    Oh wow, I go away for a weekend to do PAX and we get new thread....

    Anyone gifted Dover yet?

    I was hit multiple times for no reason other than I'm sexy as hell. COMPLETELY UNFAIR I SAY!

    Give unto Dover what is Dover's

    Bend Dover to your will? :open_mouth:

    DrovekshdwcasterMcMooglean_altJazzBetsuniFencingsaxRoyceSraphimThawmusStormwatcherKoopahTroopah
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Questor wrote: »
    Oh wow, I go away for a weekend to do PAX and we get new thread....
    Anyone gifted Dover yet?
    I was hit multiple times for no reason other than I'm sexy as hell. COMPLETELY UNFAIR I SAY!
    ocqd0msybf9v.png
    Stupid Sexy MNC Dover!

    IanatorCommander ZoomKarozMorninglordbloodatonementAnteCantelopeshoeboxjeddySteel AngelKalnaurIoloMcMoogledestroyah87PoketpixieShadowfirean_altSyngyneJazzMNC DoverDonnictonBetsuniMugsleyTalus9952FencingsaxRoyceSraphimElvenshaeHerothcooljammer00el_vicioCantidoThawmuscj iwakuraStormwatcherKoopahTroopah
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Questor wrote: »
    Oh wow, I go away for a weekend to do PAX and we get new thread....
    Anyone gifted Dover yet?
    I was hit multiple times for no reason other than I'm sexy as hell. COMPLETELY UNFAIR I SAY!
    ocqd0msybf9v.png
    Stupid Sexy MNC Dover!

    Now I'm going to hear all Dover's posts in Flanders' voice.
    Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!
    Nothing at all!
    Nothing at all!

    DrovekKarozMNC DoverBetsuniFencingsaxRoyceSraphimElvenshaeThawmuscardboard delusionsKoopahTroopah
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I wish to take a moment of your time to grumble about Steam. Or you can scroll past this post, that's fine too. :D


    A game released today called Asterigos, which looks super cute and like something that might be fun. "I wants it," I said to myself because I do that. Talk to myself, that is. But it is $31-and-change and I cannot afford $31-and-change right now.

    BUT!

    But 2 weeks ago I bought Kena for $31-ish, after a year of waiting, only to be ... kinda disappointed with it. It wasn't quite what I expected, however cute it is. So I figured, hey, I can refund that and buy Asterigos. I paid for Kena with a CC, but when submitting the refund request I just asked to have it refunded to my Steam wallet since I knew I'd be turning right around and buying Asterigos with it.

    Waited an hour or so for the refund to process. Got email, "purchase refunded" - woo!

    But now it's telling me the wallet funds are "pending" and will be released in /7/ days? WTF is this bullshit?

    If I'd had it refunded to my CC, I could immediately buy Asterigos but now I have to wait however many days until this "pending" money is credited to my steam wallet? How the fuck does this make sense? And why didn't it say anywhere that this would happen? I'd have never chosen this option.

    GRRRR!

    /grumble mode off/

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    KalnaurBetsuniPolaritieKarozElvenshaeCorsiniKoopahTroopah
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    91133n9aejbp.png

    @destroyah87 wasn't going to let a little thing like Valve bullshittery get in the way...


    Thanks! <3<3<3

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    destroyah87bloodatonementKalnaurCommander ZoomJazzMNC DoverPoketpixieIanatorSpoitBetsuniMugsleyan_altTalus9952FencingsaxRoyceSraphimPolaritieShadowfireKarozElvenshaekimecB557Ed GrubermanMalakaiusshdwcasterDaringDirkcardboard delusionsStormwatcherKoopahTroopah
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    The demo for that one felt pretty solid. I don't think I got through all of it (I had a lot of demos to work through), but what I played was good.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

    FencingsaxRoyceSraphim
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    The demo isn't up any more that I can see, unfortunately? But yeah, looks good, wishlisting that.

    Sorry Kena wasn't your "bag", @Pixelated Pixie - I remember just how hyped you were for that. Glad you didn't buy a PS5 for it!

    Pixelated Pixie
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I only got about an hour and a half in tonight, but Asterigos is totally my jam. I love it so far.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    JazzFencingsaxdestroyah87RoyceSraphimShadowfireMugsleyElvenshaekimeBetsuniIanatoran_altKalnaurLD50cardboard delusionsPoketpixie
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Yesterday, I finished... Spongebob Squarepants! It's a solid and fun platformer with some puzzle elements. I missed a few collectibles, but it's a solid game all around!

    steam_sig.png
    KarozBetsunian_altcB557Jazz
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Buddy of mine picked up Rogue Legacy 2 for me for my birthday and I finally started it up tonight. And yeah, it's another one of those! But I'm enjoying it a lot. It's a nice familiar feeling, the controls are tight, and I'm as terrible as I ever was at the first one.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    KarozElvenshaeKai_SanBetsuniDonnictonFencingsaxJazz
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Rogue legacy 2 is definitely a top game of all time for me. They absolutely nailed everything a sequel could do perfectly imo.

    Phoenix-D
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I only got about an hour and a half in tonight, but Asterigos is totally my jam. I love it so far.

    I'll second it. It is also my jam.

    That good mix of fantasy "bullshit" (said with love) and greek/roman trappings. :grin:

    I like the action-rpg combat too. Plays like Fenyx but not as tight nor as fast. I like that you get 4 different weapons to pick two at a time and can improve any of them through talents. (Spear/Daggers looks to be the correct choice) Though all of them have cool looking attacks and talents.

    steam_sig.png
    FencingsaxKalnaurJazzRoyceSraphimMNC DoverBetsuni
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ah, I'll definitely be interested to hear about Asterigos. It looked like you had a good variety of weapons with some really different movesets, and just looked really polished. But like, it looked so polished that I kinda worry that eight hours in you're gonna hit the point where you're like "oh this is where the money ran out" and you're still gonna have most of the game to go.

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Man Red Dead Redemption just doesn't end. Every time I think it's coming to a close 'oh look here's another chapter'.

    I've got other games to play, come on.

    Drovekrahkeesh2000
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Man Red Dead Redemption just doesn't end. Every time I think it's coming to a close 'oh look here's another chapter'.

    I've got other games to play, come on.

    I stopped playing some time ago basically due to this.

    100 hours in.

    Though in all fairness I loved going around and doing side stuff.

    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Man Red Dead Redemption just doesn't end. Every time I think it's coming to a close 'oh look here's another chapter'.

    I've got other games to play, come on.

    well, have you found redemption yet?

    Iolorahkeesh2000an_altIanatorElvenshaeStormwatcher
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Man Red Dead Redemption just doesn't end. Every time I think it's coming to a close 'oh look here's another chapter'.

    I've got other games to play, come on.

    well, have you found redemption yet?

    There's been quite a few story points where they could have ended it well for the character so far.

    And it just. Keeps. Going.

  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular


    Steam Deck Startup Movies are coming to the Steam points shop.

    DrovekJazzRoyceSraphimStabbity StyleThawmusdestroyah87MNC DoverIoloSpoitan_altCommander ZoomWerewolf2000adBetsuniShadowfireElvenshaeKoopahTroopahKetar
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I picked up a Jsaux dock for my Steam Deck in the not-Prime-Day sale thing on Amazon, because it was reduced to half the price of the official Valve one (and is extremely highly rated and reviewed all over the intertron). It's pretty great! The recent dock-focused updates to the OS mean it's easy to control resolution, and UI scaling in the OS itself, as well as per-game resolutions etc. While it can do true 4K, it's straining a bit to do it, and it's obviously far from ideal for all but the least-demanding games. 1080p is a much better sweet spot and scales well on a 4K TV, and the abundance of tweaking options the Deck offers help too. Image quality is really good over HDMI and the Deck happily charges as it's docked with the USB-C Power Delivery throughput (unlike the official dock, the Jsaux doesn't include another charger, one of the reasons its cheaper; but of course the one that came with the Deck works a treat on it). I got the one with the three USB ports, HDMI out, and Ethernet - as of now I have no need for the DisplayPort on the newer Jsaux and the official dock but that exists if you want it.

    I've tested it out with River City Girls and Rocket League so far, using an Xbox One controller over Bluetooth, and it's worked great. RCG was flawless as you'd expect, and RL just needed a couple of settings tweaks to maintain its framerate at the higher resolution on the TV (I found enabling the Deck's half-rate shading was the simplest solution at the expense of introducing some jaggies to the 3D rendering but it let the game maintain a rock-solid 60fps at 1080p and high settings).

    Jazz on
    IoloDaringDirkBetsuniOldSlacker
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    My official Deck Dock should be arriving Friday, so that's cool

    Twitch: Thawmus83
    DrovekDaringDirkJazzan_altCommander ZoomBetsuniOldSlackerKoopahTroopah
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I only got about an hour and a half in tonight, but Asterigos is totally my jam. I love it so far.

    I'll second it. It is also my jam.

    That good mix of fantasy "bullshit" (said with love) and greek/roman trappings. :grin:

    I like the action-rpg combat too. Plays like Fenyx but not as tight nor as fast. I like that you get 4 different weapons to pick two at a time and can improve any of them through talents. (Spear/Daggers looks to be the correct choice) Though all of them have cool looking attacks and talents.

    When you say jam do you mean hours of character customization or endless hours of fucking about in open world without doing main story line stuff?

    DaringDirk
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    It looks like my kind of game 100% but the reviews seem a tad polarizing. Though it seems almost entirely based on not being able to change controls (which is a non issue on Steam Deck) and pre orders paying slightly more than the opening sale price. If that's the only issues the game has then sign me up.

  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I only got about an hour and a half in tonight, but Asterigos is totally my jam. I love it so far.

    I'll second it. It is also my jam.

    That good mix of fantasy "bullshit" (said with love) and greek/roman trappings. :grin:

    I like the action-rpg combat too. Plays like Fenyx but not as tight nor as fast. I like that you get 4 different weapons to pick two at a time and can improve any of them through talents. (Spear/Daggers looks to be the correct choice) Though all of them have cool looking attacks and talents.

    When you say jam do you mean hours of character customization or endless hours of fucking about in open world without doing main story line stuff?

    Neither actually!

    There is no character creation because Asterigos has you playing a set character, Hilda. She's awesome and cool and the animations are fun and cute and immersive.
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

    The game is a mostly linear experience, guided through areas that are evoking the style of action-rpg games of yore. Combat has very stylistic animations and the spear has the best animations.

    Edit: Like my only complaint so far was from the first few minutes of the game; where Hilda's default armor has a belt on her lower back that jerks and shakes, like a rigging error, while moving. But that's covered up once you unlock weapons and combat; really not discernable after there's an item covering the item. And that I'm two hours in and haven't gotten any new armor skins. Dammit, I want dressup options!

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    Pixelated PixieIoloFencingsaxKalnaur
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    The spear is the best, which is fantastic because spears are my favorite weapon type. :D

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    destroyah87FencingsaxElvenshae
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I only got about an hour and a half in tonight, but Asterigos is totally my jam. I love it so far.

    I'll second it. It is also my jam.

    That good mix of fantasy "bullshit" (said with love) and greek/roman trappings. :grin:

    I like the action-rpg combat too. Plays like Fenyx but not as tight nor as fast. I like that you get 4 different weapons to pick two at a time and can improve any of them through talents. (Spear/Daggers looks to be the correct choice) Though all of them have cool looking attacks and talents.

    When you say jam do you mean hours of character customization or endless hours of fucking about in open world without doing main story line stuff?

    Neither actually!

    There is no character creation because Asterigos has you playing a set character, Hilda. She's awesome and cool and the animations are fun and cute and immersive.
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

    The game is a mostly linear experience, guided through areas that are evoking the style of action-rpg games of yore. Combat has very stylistic animations and the spear has the best animations.

    Edit: Like my only complaint so far was from the first few minutes of the game; where Hilda's default armor has a belt on her lower back that jerks and shakes, like a rigging error, while moving. But that's covered up once you unlock weapons and combat; really not discernable after there's an item covering the item. And that I'm two hours in and haven't gotten any new armor skins. Dammit, I want dressup options!

    Oh that's very interesting, considering last time(s) @Pixelated Pixie giftsaulted me with something it ended up causing me to sink 40+ hours into it...

    JazzBetsunishdwcaster
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I only got about an hour and a half in tonight, but Asterigos is totally my jam. I love it so far.

    I'll second it. It is also my jam.

    That good mix of fantasy "bullshit" (said with love) and greek/roman trappings. :grin:

    I like the action-rpg combat too. Plays like Fenyx but not as tight nor as fast. I like that you get 4 different weapons to pick two at a time and can improve any of them through talents. (Spear/Daggers looks to be the correct choice) Though all of them have cool looking attacks and talents.

    When you say jam do you mean hours of character customization or endless hours of fucking about in open world without doing main story line stuff?

    Neither actually!

    There is no character creation because Asterigos has you playing a set character, Hilda. She's awesome and cool and the animations are fun and cute and immersive.
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

    The game is a mostly linear experience, guided through areas that are evoking the style of action-rpg games of yore. Combat has very stylistic animations and the spear has the best animations.

    Edit: Like my only complaint so far was from the first few minutes of the game; where Hilda's default armor has a belt on her lower back that jerks and shakes, like a rigging error, while moving. But that's covered up once you unlock weapons and combat; really not discernable after there's an item covering the item. And that I'm two hours in and haven't gotten any new armor skins. Dammit, I want dressup options!

    Oh that's very interesting, considering last time(s) @Pixelated Pixie giftsaulted me with something it ended up causing me to sink 40+ hours into it...

    Dirty rotten lies.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Commander ZoomJazzFencingsaxBetsuni
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    How souls-y is Asterigos, actually?

    Also why is that girl's head so big?

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    How souls-y is Asterigos, actually?

    Also why is that girl's head so big?

    Not very. It's more like an iteration off of like Prince of Persia than a Souls. It does have a currency that talks about losing some on death. I haven't died yet but one of the early talents is "enemies drop more loot on death but you lose more when you die."

    because style.

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    Kalnaur
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    How souls-y is Asterigos, actually?

    Also why is that girl's head so big?

    Boss fights have a big health bar across the top of the screen. If you die, everything respawns (I think - I haven't actually died yet).

    That's about it. The combat doesn't feel souls-y at all to me.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    destroyah87Betsuni
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    How souls-y is Asterigos, actually?

    Also why is that girl's head so big?

    Someone forgot to turn off DK Mode

    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Asterigos was a featured game on Iron Pineapples recent "I Play Soulslikes" and he liked it a lot. It's one of those games where you can clearly see the influence of the Souls genre but it's doing its own thing instead of mimicking. He tried various weapons and combinations and had a pretty good time with it which is a big endorsement considering how many Soulslikes he's played in that video series.

    Probably the only game he's showed that I put on my wishlist immediately.

    https://youtu.be/fEvq53VMU4A

    There's also a multiplayer "coop" Soulslike in the video that's not good at all but fun to watch as his friend "accidentally" blows him up with magic repeatedly because he has Fireball and he's gonna use Fireball.

    Madican on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    There must be more Soulslikes than immersive sims out there by now. I know the latter is a genre that, depressingly, is pretty easy to name every single game from.

    Also both those genre names are terrible but that's another problem.

    Thawmus
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh definitely. Souls likes are easy to shove into indie games, especially next to dumb rouge lite mechanics. Whereas indie immersive sims hit up against the same problems that made single A immersive sims commercially unviable: they take a lot of resources to make, and the audience isn't really there

    steam_sig.png
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I just dont think souls games are for me. I tried bloodborne and beat i think 2 bosses and quit because it just wasnt fun. But i have played quite a bit of monster hunter, though havent played the most recent expansion because G rank is always just grinding elders which all suck. Id try elden ring, but im fore sure not paying $60 for it, so i gotta wait for a sale. But there are about a billion other games i want to play first, including upcoming games like Bayo3, pokemon, and backlog stuff.

  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I just dont think souls games are for me. I tried bloodborne and beat i think 2 bosses and quit because it just wasnt fun. But i have played quite a bit of monster hunter, though havent played the most recent expansion because G rank is always just grinding elders which all suck. Id try elden ring, but im fore sure not paying $60 for it, so i gotta wait for a sale. But there are about a billion other games i want to play first, including upcoming games like Bayo3, pokemon, and backlog stuff.

    That's totally fair. I started liking them more once I understood the games to function on a very similiar wavelength to fighting games. In that there are "turns" where if you try to attack at the wrong time, you'll get beaten by a faster attack. Or that some areas of the screen are gonna get covered by an attack. That and seeing the *souls* as an xp bar instead of a currency.

    Oh and that magic is usually an option if straight-melee is too punishing to learn.

    steam_sig.png
    Madicancardboard delusions
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    its not even that i really didnt understand the combat. because i do like fighting games and i have put in thousands of hours in monster hunter. I think the controls were just too slow and everything felt clunky. Id love to play monster hunter with some magic in it. but bloodborne at least was not it.

  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Sexy Lava drider beat me coming and going, I just gave up.

    The fact that her fight was at the very end of the level design equivalent of getting kicked in the nuts didn't help. Like a fucking sewer level on steroids. Even the sewer level didn't hurt as bad as this.

  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Back 4 Blood has a new Halloween thing going on, and one of them is a very obvious 2077 costume; luckily it only took me one or two matches on Easy to have enough points to unlock
    wYgyCW7.jpg

    JazzElvenshaeFencingsaxSyngynecj iwakuraKaroz
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Anyone ever had the issue in Fallout 76 of running into enemies vastly outlevelling you in inappropriate places? Ragequit last night because I was doing Rosas quests and it sent me into a mine with molepeople that were level 65 to my 19. Afaik scaling isn’t ever supposed to work like that?

This discussion has been closed.