As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old rumor/quote: "Gamecube games to be remade with waggle" (any truth/news?)

SmudgeSmudge Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
I don't recall if this was an old quote, a rumor, or a dream anymore, but I could have SWORN at some point in the Wii development I read that there were talks of taking classic GameCube games and relaunching them on the Wii with new controls and selling them for reduced prices like they do with the players choice games.

Has anyone heard anything about this? Wouldn't it be neat to have Prime 1 and 2 redone with Prime 3 controls? Windwaker done with Twilight Princess controls?

I am somewhat at a loss for examples obviously, some would be stupid, some might be fun and add something to already neat games. Pikmin where you point to where you want them maybe?

So far we DO have Resident Evil coming out on the Wii, which is pretty much exactly what I am talking about. Any other rumors of games being remade? Any ideas of GameCube games that would do well with waggle?

Smudge on

• Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    practically, that's what we've generally been getting so far

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If the new Metroid Prime ends up being great to control, a port of the first 2 would be nifty. I guess I could say that for every Wiiquel, though.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Killer7 screams for a Wiimake, and it's been rumored for ages but Capcom's been denying any effort of working on it.

It's a nifty idea (the whole classic-GC-to-Wii thing) but honestly Nintendo's probably more interested in creating new installments in their core franchises as opposed to Wiimaking the older ones. I will be buying RE4 on sight, though, because I would buy RE4 if it were ported to my cell phone or my toaster.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)