As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Remote Control

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hey @urahonky . Don't think we didn't see you catch that Frillish! We're so close to hitting best friends and getting that sweet 100,000 XP. Send those gifts! :p

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Hevach
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Hey @urahonky . Don't think we didn't see you catch that Frillish! We're so close to hitting best friends and getting that sweet 100,000 XP. Send those gifts! :p

:D Went on a walk with my son the other day because the weather was nice. I'll hop on and send you a gift though.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Can't check this at work, but based on the comments, are we finally getting a Master Ball?:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/111w28b/02613_indepth_apk_teardown_master_ball/

I can't wait to be too scared to waste it :P Also someone mentioned held items.

Incidentally, boo, no shiny Tapu Lele for me T_T Ah well. I'm not sure how hard I'll actually go on Regirock, probably not very. Rather save for Rayquaza and co.

Edit: Oh, also:

Nothing super exciting. The Legend box is a lol nope from me.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Have they said yet how the Hoenn Global event is going to work?

Specifically worried about being able to do Primal Raids for both, or if you can only get it for the one your ticket is for, or what

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The wife is in Vegas for the event. If you're in the area, say hi!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Some promo codes have been released to get the Regis from timed research. Looks like just an Excellent Throw and 3 Field Research as the requirements.

Legends 377 - Regirock: 6X4H9UCA8F7TT
    Legends 378 - Regice: YKG5ZPC4SLXAX
    Legends 379 - Registeel: 6AKRAV5WJN5FS

urahonkyHevachCapt HowdyWarlock82
    Thanks! My son's excited for them.

CruorRuldar
    Tox wrote: »
    Have they said yet how the Hoenn Global event is going to work?

Specifically worried about being able to do Primal Raids for both, or if you can only get it for the one your ticket is for, or what

No, but they've never prevented you from being able to raid both legendaries before. I'd be shocked if you couldn't do both.

Ruldar
    edited February 2023
    First off, boooooooooooooo if this is true

Second, I see the masterwork research ticket in the shop and now my dumbass forgetful brain can't remember if I already bought it. I bought *something* for Hoenn Tour but I'm not sure if it's the same thing (or if I'm dumb and bought something for the live event I wasn't going to). I wish there was some way I could tell. Like what is this ticket?
    1gb1nip4mh5j.png

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    We don't know what that is. At least, nobody seems to know that I can find.

You get a medal for either Sapphire or Ruby, and there will be? other? benefits? Maybe?

edited February 2023
    Tox wrote: »
    We don't know what that is. At least, nobody seems to know that I can find.

You get a medal for either Sapphire or Ruby, and there will be? other? benefits? Maybe?

Wierd ok. I noticed the ticket for masterwork was a different color so I just bought it. It's definitely something different since I already have new research to do.

Edit: Random side note, anyone else have the problem with the postcard book filling up with postcards you didn't save? I pin and unpin for the scatterbug credit but I find a lot of the time the unpin does not work and I don't notice until I can't pin anymore because the book is full of garbage postcards -_-

Warlock82 on
    Tox
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Limiting remote raids per day, does Niantic hate money?

Warlock82Capt HowdyMNC Dover
    Ruldar wrote: »

Yeah why is that such a problem? I guess maybe it's to reduce the "pay to win" feel of the game, maybe?

edited February 2023
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ruldar wrote: »

Yeah why is that such a problem? I guess maybe it's to reduce the "pay to win" feel of the game, maybe?

They've always had a really weird hate for anything that wasn't "in person" because exercise and socialization or whatever. I mean hell, they still won't let you buy more than 3 remote passes at a time (which is so dumb, seriously change this already!)

The only way I could maybe see this not being an issue is if it's somehow to curb some kind of bot activity? Like, set the max raids to something high (100+?) so it's not an issue for normal players, but it breaks some bot that maybe auto-queues and cheats or something. I have no idea if there is even anything like that. But if it's that, ok, that's fine. If not, again, booooooooooooooooooooooo.

I seriously wish they'd just embrace remote raiding though. It solves SO many issues with local raiding (in particular availability of the pokemon/players/etc at the time you wanna raid).

Edit: Nevermind, this might seriously make me quit the game again

Warlock82 on
    150 coins PER raid pass and only 6 a day? (granted I don't think I ever did 6 a day) Why are they shooting themselves in the foot with this?

Warlock82
    As someone who does not live close enough to gyms to casually walk to them, I guess this means that I go from doing very few raids to no raids at all. Love when a game company decides that fewer people should be playing their game. Wonderful strategy.

Warlock82Tox
    Well, the final details have been announced for the Hoenn Tour, and: no boosted shiny chance.

I know I try to stay pretty positive, but bleeeeeeeeeeeeegh. I would have cheerfully paid 5-10 bucks more for something that involved boosted shinies, but nope, only Vegas gets them.

Warlock82
    edited February 2023
    Well, the final details have been announced for the Hoenn Tour, and: no boosted shiny chance.

I know I try to stay pretty positive, but bleeeeeeeeeeeeegh. I would have cheerfully paid 5-10 bucks more for something that involved boosted shinies, but nope, only Vegas gets them.

Same. It feels like they've been trying to take away value from a lot of these global events lately (maybe to prop up the live events? "Hey spend $1000 on plane tickets and hotels to catch some extra shinies!"). I get locking boosted shiny rate behind paying extra for the masterwork research, but there isn't even that :/ And I'm still worried I'm not gonna get a Relicanth because of the super dumb way that's being put in 10k eggs only (I have the others already at least). Nevermind a shiny one (I just wanna complete my damn Hoenn dex).

But seriously, if they limit remote raids I'm probably quitting. That's a change I will not stand for. That's the same kind of "play outside more!" bullshit that made me quit last time. But it's a shame because I've really been enjoying the game :( (and honestly remote raids being a thing are probably the main reason I've been enjoying it since coming back)

Warlock82 on
    Silph Road with the clever Primal Energy hacks:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/119llcl/pre_walking_kyogre_for_primal_energy/
    If I walk my kyogre to 19km and then use a poffin during the event Saturday will I get the 100 energy automatic plus walking 1 more km another 100? (After my initial 400 to evolve)

This is actually a really smart idea. I might do this (it's basically a free burst of extra primal energy).

Also wish they'd post more Hoenn tour details. Still don't know how the habitats or incense will work. I'm hoping the region-exclusives will at least be on incense so I don't get screwed out of Relicanth because I'm unlucky with eggs :/

My wife just got back from the big Pokemon Go event in Vegas. She finally got COVID.

I know it pays my bills, but this is why remote raiding is important! COVID is still fucking here!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    cloudeagleWarlock82Capt HowdyRuldar
    edited February 2023
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    My wife just got back from the big Pokemon Go event in Vegas. She finally got COVID.

I know it pays my bills, but this is why remote raiding is important! COVID is still fucking here!

Aww that sucks (go figure, it seems unavoidable in those big crowd settings.. hope her symptoms aren't too bad at least - I've heard it's not too bad if you've had the vaccine already). But yeah - I had a few remote raids fail on me yesterday too (one due to the game just glitching and a couple from people leaving the lobby last second and screwing me over with too few players - kinda wish there was more of an opportunity to back out when this happens so close to 0). Would hate to have stuff like that count towards very very limited daily attempts (it's bad enough already losing a pass to stuff like that.. at least they refunded the one due to the glitch tho).

Warlock82 on
    edited February 2023
    Rando cool thing:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/11amg6s/bug_causing_kecleon_being_visible_on_pokéstops/
    w5hnrpdzj3ka1.png?width=1396&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=5285a451f67379938ae77942c4391cb41b527c8b

Thank god, this actually made Kecleon much more reasonable. He was just WAY too rare to force you to actually be close to a pokestop to even know if he was there. Being able to check stops from a long distance makes him so much better and honestly more fun to find (like, you can actually LOOK for one instead of maybe if you're lucky randomly stumbling on one, but probably not)

Edit: Well, probably spoilers for Pokemon Day :P

(I still believe that one day they will actually add new glasses that I don't hate :P Or like, give the generic ones an actual texture and more than 3 color options...)

Warlock82 on
    I think it was mentioned that functionality was coming in 2023, so that's not too surprising.

Which means it's finally time to fire up Violet! Just gotta finish approximately 47,000 more hours of Breath of the Wild first...

edited February 2023

Man, I can't decide which Pokemon I should pick. They all have pretty great shinies (and are otherwise useless to me so when I inevitably don't pull a shiny from the research it won't matter :P All three are also ironically in SV which makes their shinies way easier to hunt if I wanted :P).

Warlock82 on
    My wife over there in the worst of Covid symptoms doing work. I really hate her passion for work sometimes. Thankfully my turning off the heat to do voice work has finally made her cold enough that she has to go to sleep.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Warlock82Cojo Mojo
    Gah, feel sorry for support today. I've had like five raids just fail randomly so far today...

Got a shiny Groudon on the first completed raid of the day. It has worse IVs than my other shiny Groudon though.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    sigh

why can't I elite TM precipice blades onto my 15/14/15 Groudon?

I've done 5 other Groudon raids and they all have bad stats

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited February 2023
    Rami wrote: »
    sigh

You will be able to eventually.. Meanwhile I'm still trying to get a Groudon that doesn't suck :/

Edit: oh, almost forgot.. Still trying to figure out if this was intentional or a hilarious accident
    w9m5vcbf6bzr.png

Warlock82 on
    sigh

Just checked and you can now teach Precipice Blades with an Elite TM. I just taught it to my good shiny Groudon.

edited February 2023
    So.

Back last time.the Super-Ancient Pokemon were in raids, my wife was still relatively new to the game and we weren't really raiding much. We never tried for Kyogre, and we did Groudon, but my wife didn't catch hers. I ended up trading her mine for a Graveler because I'd been trying to get a good Golem.

That brings us to last week. We bought the Shiny Jirachi tickets early to get the badges (Ruby for me and Sapphire for her). Fast forward to Saturday. We run the numbers and decide our best chance is to try Kyogre first, since Kyogre is water type, and it was raining, so catching Kyogre immediately gives us another strong Water type to take against Groudon.

Well we ended up both hosting raids on Pokegenie so we could get it done faster. That worked well enough, just a bit of a hassle, feels like red tape, but no big deal

She did catch Kyogre, it was okay.

I did not catch Kyogre. It was not okay.

With the hassle from 'Genie and frustration of not catching it, and the crummy weather after it'd been super nice all week, and I was getting hungry. So we decided to stop and go get food. After which we decided against bothering with the raids since it would still take us a laughable amount of time to get enough Primal Energy.

Instead we rode around a bit and finished the habitat collection challenges. Got our Laties ("drop 10 balls" trick did not work for the wild one). Then before heading to bed she asked if I had an Abra or Kadabra. I did. She's still needing candy and hunting for a better one for an Alakazam. So. We traded.

We traded the Super-Ancient Pokemon from our Box Art ticket, that we caught, to complete the 'dex entries. And also we traded two pokemon that are also in that same Gen's 'dex, and that need to trade to be evolved.

We do this in accordance with the Super-Ancient tradition.

We do this in honor of the Super-Ancient Pokemon game players.

Tox on
    Ruldar
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    sigh

Just checked and you can now teach Precipice Blades with an Elite TM. I just taught it to my good shiny Groudon.

That's weird, I still can't. I only get the choice of Fire Punch, Fire Blast or Solar Beam.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    I mean, I KNOW mega evolving Kyogre and Groudon should be a major achievement, and I KNOW beating up their primal forms should be a challenge.

But goddamn, am I getting sick of remote raiders bailing at the last second because they've decided our group won't get the speed bonus or whatever. I've lost three remote passes that way.

Warlock82Capt HowdyRuldar
    I mean, I KNOW mega evolving Kyogre and Groudon should be a major achievement, and I KNOW beating up their primal forms should be a challenge.

But goddamn, am I getting sick of remote raiders bailing at the last second because they've decided our group won't get the speed bonus or whatever. I've lost three remote passes that way.

It's seriously an issue. I wish the game gave you like a few seconds grace period after the battle starts to still leave and keep your pass. So many people bailing at like 5-10 seconds left and not enough time to react and bail myself. My main was lucky in that I have a friends list of almost 400 people and was getting invites left and right with huge groups (plus I have great mons so I was also top damage a lot of the time too). But just trying to get a couple raids on my alt was torture. I just wanted one Groudon and one Kyogre for the research that required it. I lost SO many passes on that shit.

Not to mention the couple I was going to win only to have the raid crap out on me and kick me out, denying me. Support was good about refunding passes but still, my alt had to wait in the super long pokegenie queue cuz she's only lvl 34 so it wasn't an easy wait between rounds! Yes, semi-dead weight, but also everyone was literally lying about the +3 extra raiders too.. It got to the point I started leaving if the party size wasn't over 6 for kyogre because I knew I sure as heck wasn't carrying the group like with my main (and honestly Kyogre SUCKS... my main probably would struggle with a group of 6 high level players.. 7+ is much more surefire)

Anyways, just went out a bit more today. Actually semi ok shiny luck today for full odds (got like two Surskits, a few wurmples, a cacnea, and a couple others). Actually completely ran out of pokeballs on both accounts which was surprising. Never came close yesterday and I played for four hours then. Guess I'm gonna have to go around and farm up some more later

Yeah also I've been hearing a lot of folks complain about how little actual Primal Energy the raids awarded.

Which, yeah, 200 for the research reward (for one of them), but that's out of 400 needed and man that's just really super discouraging.

Ruldar
    The only non-buddy, non-raid shiny I got was Lunatone. Though that was a major win for me - I managed to get shiny Solrock shortly after it released, and not having a Lunatone to go with it really ate at me.

Warlock82 wrote: »

So many people bailing at like 5-10 seconds left and not enough time to react and bail myself.

...but also everyone was literally lying about the +3 extra raiders too. It got to the point I started leaving if the party size wasn't over 6 for kyogre

My suspicion is that these two things are absolutely related

RuldarWarlock82
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Clutzy and I were able to take four Rayqaza without any other trainers, which is super awesome. But hot damn we got wrecked by Groudon with three other trainers. Can't remember the last time we weren't able to best a Pokémon with five total trainers.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Finally got a shiny Wailmer. Finally have the dex entry for Wailord since I refused to evolve a non-shiny Wailmer. Pretty happy about that!

Grobian
    POKEMON SLEEP LIVES. And it'll help you get a Snorlax wearing a nightcap in Pokemon Go! There's also a new physical Pokemon Go + thingy which connects between the two. Not sure how it all works; I'm going from a Twitter recap of the presentation.