Options

[Pokemon Go] Remote Control

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Isn't the Team Rocket takeover happening? Why can I still not teach my Mewtwo something other than Frustration? Why does this game make everything so fucking difficult?

The Team Rocket takeover ended a few days ago.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Isn't the Team Rocket takeover happening? Why can I still not teach my Mewtwo something other than Frustration? Why does this game make everything so fucking difficult?

Lmao that's just great. I logged in a few days ago and tried it but the app crashed and I never logged back in. I really think this whole "it must be team rocket takeover to teach your Mewtwo something" is the dumbest fuckin thing I've encountered in video games in a long time. Just let me teach him something you clowns.

• Options
    Oh well it's not like I actually play the game anymore.

• Options

Lmao that's just great. I logged in a few days ago and tried it but the app crashed and I never logged back in. I really think this whole "it must be team rocket takeover to teach your Mewtwo something" is the dumbest fuckin thing I've encountered in video games in a long time. Just let me teach him something you clowns.

Well, no dumber than the game encouraging you to keep a Pokemon in a perpetual state of suffering so it's slightly more powerful. :P

• Options

Well, no dumber than the game encouraging you to keep a Pokemon in a perpetual state of suffering so it's slightly more powerful. :P

Mewtwo in a constant state of frustration really mirrors my life lol.

• Options
    Ugh.

Very curious to see how their Monster Hunter works - people seemed impressed with the previews, but who knows if it'll catch on.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Here's my shocked face at hear that NBA All-World is shutting down. Seriously, Niantic's arrogance in basing all their games around location/movement is going to be their death knell.

Like, you had the friggin' NBA license, just make a fun basketball game for mobile. Nobody wants to fucking walk around and collect NBA players. That concept works perfectly for Pokemon, since that in the series' DNA.

Good games will bring players and profits. Shoehorning your beliefs will kill games fast.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    The only other one of the GPS games to have any lasting success is Jurassic World Alive, and it's a shadow of Pokemon Go.

The game was popular because it was Pokemon, and it only survived the abuse it's taken because it was Pokemon.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    https://pokemongohub.net/post/interview/michael-steranka-from-niantic-talks-about-pokemon-spawn-radius-and-other-issues-in-new-interview/

This is all kinds of hilariously ridiculous but especially:
    The host mentioned the reappearance of PvP bugs lately, and asked why they can’t hire more devs.

Steranka says more developers makes version control complicated. “The code base especially within PvP is incredibly tricky and very specialized”, especially for a “fast and snappy” PvP system, where Internet connectivity matters.

I mean, the reason why they don't hire more devs is pretty obvious as indicated by the previous posts. But Jesus Christ, what is your version control system? A napkin? How the fuck do more devs make version control hard unless you literally don't use it or you have like all your code in one file so every commit causes insane merge conflicts?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Everyone knows the best test is prod

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    The wife has been bummed out today because some of her old team members got laid off today. She’s positive that if she was still there they would have made her choose, which would have broke her.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    https://www.polygon.com/23789603/pokemon-go-developer-niantic-gender-discrimination-bias-lawsuit

Pretty damning stuff alleged here.

"When Doe brought these issues up to Niantic’s diversity and inclusion leadership, she left the meeting “in fear of losing her job,” she alleged, after being told her evaluation at Niantic had been — and would continue to be — impacted by speaking up about workplace issues. Niantic continued to discourage employees from discussing sexism in the workplace, she said, after the company’s women’s group, called Wolfpack, issued a survey asking about Niantic’s culture. That survey found that “many” women at the company saw a “sexist work culture” with unequal pay at Niantic. Niantic chief marketing officer Mike Quigely reportedly told the group to remove comments about sexism from its presentation, and advised the group to stop hosting surveys."

Cruor on
  • Options
    C- Level management are such fucking clowns I swear.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    https://www.polygon.com/23789603/pokemon-go-developer-niantic-gender-discrimination-bias-lawsuit

Pretty damning stuff alleged here.

"When Doe brought these issues up to Niantic’s diversity and inclusion leadership, she left the meeting “in fear of losing her job,” she alleged, after being told her evaluation at Niantic had been — and would continue to be — impacted by speaking up about workplace issues. Niantic continued to discourage employees from discussing sexism in the workplace, she said, after the company’s women’s group, called Wolfpack, issued a survey asking about Niantic’s culture. That survey found that “many” women at the company saw a “sexist work culture” with unequal pay at Niantic. Niantic chief marketing officer Mike Quigely reportedly told the group to remove comments about sexism from its presentation, and advised the group to stop hosting surveys."

Jesus... assuming true that's about as black & white as you can get. "Men with fewer qualifications but same positions making way more money than women." Should presumably be pretty easy to prove too? Like not sure how you could possibly justify that.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    urahonky
    https://leekduck.com/events/team-go-rocket-takeover-october-2023/

Rocket takeover event starting Oct 26 through the end of the month, Frustration can be trained away

Tox on
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    @urahonky

Rocket takeover event starting Oct 26 through the end of the month, Frustration can be trained away

Oh my God thank you! I had given up.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    urahonky

Happy to help reduce your Frustration B)

Tox on
  • Options
    urahonky

Happy to help reduce your Frustration B)

Thanks for the batsignal again :) Would have forgotten... And I finally have a Confusion/Psystrike Mewtwo!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Great Balls and Lure from Prime Code
    BWPPCJKJ6SFBU

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I poked my head back in to this after a few years and hoo boy there's a lot changed. Not sure I have any hope of actually catching up at all, but I do seem to have a mission thing to make a friend? So does anyone wanna be my friend?

My friend thing seems to be 5642 4710 8036

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Hey, you're doing better than me, I've gotta complete a challenge by making a lucky trade which, near as I can tell, is basically impossible.

• Options
    Hey, you're doing better than me, I've gotta complete a challenge by making a lucky trade which, near as I can tell, is basically impossible.

You CAN grind it - even if you're not lucky friends, something like one out of every 20 trades will be lucky trades. But of course it's random - you could get it in five trades, or you might have to do fifty trades.

Still traumatized by the requirement to make 50 lucky trades for level 49. Glad I've got a patient wife who plays.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Ah, I mean to say impossible if you don't happen to know anyone physically nearby who's also still playing regularly. I guess maybe I should try see if there are any local groups around.

• Options
    Ah, I mean to say impossible if you don't happen to know anyone physically nearby who's also still playing regularly. I guess maybe I should try see if there are any local groups around.

Oh geez man, I'm sorry. Yes, in that case it's much harder.

• Options
    Yeah I’m in the same boat. Also in a rural-ish area so I’m lookin’ down the barrel of having to solo raids. Is that even a thing?

• Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Yeah I’m in the same boat. Also in a rural-ish area so I’m lookin’ down the barrel of having to solo raids. Is that even a thing?

Yeah, up to three-star non-shadow raids can be soloed (though you'll need to pay attention to typing, moves, weather boosts, etc.)

Though the better solution may be to do remote raids - there's a number of apps that will connect you with people around the world for either getting help with your raid or joining someone else's raid, no information exchanged other than friend codes. I like Poke Genie myself.

• Options
    If you've been away for a long time, be prepared for the sticker shock on Remote Raid Passes. They really jacked those up for evil megacorp reasons.

• Options
    If you've been away for a long time, be prepared for the sticker shock on Remote Raid Passes. They really jacked those up for evil megacorp reasons.

Did they go up even more? I straight up quit a little after they started limiting how many you could use. Can't say I particularly miss putting up with Niantic's bullshit either... (really would have liked to finish the Jirachi questline I paid for tho... stupid Kecleons...)

• Options
    The wife has been a lot happier after leaving Niantic. There was some serious upper-level, profit-first bullshit going on behind the scenes. Made her so frustrated for the player base.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    The wife has been a lot happier after leaving Niantic. There was some serious upper-level, profit-first bullshit going on behind the scenes. Made her so frustrated for the player base.

It's still such a shame. I swear, while she was there was the most I ever saw that game improve and Niantic actually give any shits about the player base. She left around the same time it started to go to hell again. It's so dumb that idiot management can so easily ruin the passion and goodwill of the devs.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

It's still such a shame. I swear, while she was there was the most I ever saw that game improve and Niantic actually give any shits about the player base. She left around the same time it started to go to hell again. It's so dumb that idiot management can so easily ruin the passion and goodwill of the devs.

Yeah, it sucks. She really liked working on the game and was surrounded by passionate devs. All of her objections and ideas would be entertained, but after going up the ladder, money always ended up winning out. While I can't give her 100% credit for everything, her team definitely stemmed the flow of bullshit rolling out.

Oh well...

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Did they go up even more? I straight up quit a little after they started limiting how many you could use. Can't say I particularly miss putting up with Niantic's bullshit either... (really would have liked to finish the Jirachi questline I paid for tho... stupid Kecleons...)

No, they're at the same (elevated) price they've been at for a while. They've also gone nuts creating special tickets for nearly everything. I'm sure there's been some panic at Niantic about revenues gradually nudging downward despite more aggressive monetization. Probably doesn't help that they're running out of Pokemon to introduce (new ones have been at a real trickle lately).

• Options
    What has gone up in price recently, precipitously so, are the box bundles. They're often in the multiple thousands of coins now. Sure, there's some lower priced ones, but they have so little in them that it's insulting.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited March 13
    If you have an old phone, it doesn't need service to just set it up with an account and use it on wifi at home so you bounce gifts off it for a few weeks so you can use it for gift/trade missions. You won't get many pokemon on it but you'll always be able to get that one freebie that spawns next to you when you log in the first time a day which is enough for those first few levels you have to get through and gives fodder for trades.

Hevach on
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    What has gone up in price recently, precipitously so, are the box bundles. They're often in the multiple thousands of coins now. Sure, there's some lower priced ones, but they have so little in them that it's insulting.

Yeah, the current box which has 1 Elite Charged TM, 1 Remote Raid Pass and 1 Incubator for 1000 coins is just awful.

There’s also a 7000 coin box with 50 of each incubator, which is probably a “fair” price but is going to take me at best 3 and a half months to save for.

• Options
    *Looks at my 300 coins, after spending 200 or so on clothes*

Yes, I’m sure I should probably get some of that.

You know what tho? Fashion is forever.

• Options
    How much do I actually need to bother with 3rd party IV check?

Because the Appraise function seems to already tell you that with the bars n stars. All the info I can find about appraise seems to be from years ago when it only said things like “it seems rather strong!”

• Options
    akjak wrote: »
    How much do I actually need to bother with 3rd party IV check?

Because the Appraise function seems to already tell you that with the bars n stars. All the info I can find about appraise seems to be from years ago when it only said things like “it seems rather strong!”

You don't at all now that the team leader just flat out tells you what the stats are. Something I wish the main Pokemon games would do...