Options

[Pokemon Go] Remote Control

1131415161719»

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »
    How much do I actually need to bother with 3rd party IV check?

Because the Appraise function seems to already tell you that with the bars n stars. All the info I can find about appraise seems to be from years ago when it only said things like “it seems rather strong!”

You don't at all now that the team leader just flat out tells you what the stats are. Something I wish the main Pokemon games would do...

That’s what I thought.

The main games don’t tell you the numbers, but the judge function is just built in to the box view now. So you can just see what’s “Best” easily without talking to an NPC or anything.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Lucked out on community day. Could only play for like 10 minutes in the window and two of the first three Littens I caught were shiny, and I caught a shiny sun Castform.

• Options
    Well raiding is absolute bullshit. I use a remote pass, throw 20 balls at something, golden razz on each one and I still don’t get the thing?

That’s fucking stupid.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well raiding is absolute bullshit. I use a remote pass, throw 20 balls at something, golden razz on each one and I still don’t get the thing?

That’s fucking stupid.

Yeah, that's a thing. It sucks, but apparently the mandate was to make catching a legendary as big of a pain in the ass as it is in the mainline games. Though you can brute-force the legendaries in the main games.

Only thing I can say is that getting decent at curveballs definitely helps.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Kartana was too goddamn smol.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 9
    cloudeagle wrote: »

That’s fucking stupid.

Yeah, that's a thing. It sucks, but apparently the mandate was to make catching a legendary as big of a pain in the ass as it is in the mainline games. Though you can brute-force the legendaries in the main games.

Only thing I can say is that getting decent at curveballs definitely helps.

Honestly always been a huge complaint of mine about the design of the game. In the base game having a low catch rate for legendaries is offset by the damn things not running away on you (I mean, a couple of them do like the Gen 2 legendaries, but they can always be re-encountered over and over until you catch them, put to sleep, Arena Trapped, etc) and not forcing a set number of tries.

It's not really something they can likely fix after all this time, not that they would anyways. But yeah, it's always been a really frustrating design decision to me. I mean, at least to me, I feel like a game developer should try to minimize things that frustrate the player. It's not like you can't have any challenge, but something uncontrollable, governed purely by RNG and not player skill (this is assuming you hit every throw mind you). That's just not fun IMO. Challenge should be something that player effort can overcome.

And there's ways to fix that kind of thing - increasing catch rate with each successful hit for example (in fact if I recall correctly World of WarCraft did this with their pokemon ripoff battle pet thing). Not forcing you to use friggin Premier Balls for every raid target would also be nice. But I gave up hope of Niantic actually trying to improve the game a long time ago.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    It's not really something they can likely fix after all this time, not that they would anyways. But yeah, it's always been a really frustrating design decision to me. I mean, at least to me, I feel like a game developer should try to minimize things that frustrate the player. It's not like you can't have any challenge, but something uncontrollable, governed purely by RNG and not player skill (this is assuming you hit every throw mind you). That's just not fun IMO. Challenge should be something that player effort can overcome.

Niantic isn't a game developer is the problem. They're a POI database maintainer (not even creator because by now it's mostly user generated) who lucked into one of the biggest IPs on the planet.

I started playing again over Easter because some family members were playing and the GUI is still terrible. New Pokemon are still released in frustrating ways and the new features are weird and don't fit my play style (and the play style of some of my friends who also quit) at all.