As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa Thread (2022): Until the next jingle time…

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I been lucky enough to receive that taffy.

It's fantastic.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    we got there over in the SE+ thread

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/45230502/#Comment_45230502

@see317 receive your accolades

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    we got there over in the SE+ thread

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/45230502/#Comment_45230502

see317 receive your accolades

Copied from the SE++ thread...

It was me. I apologize, I was wrapping up all my Secret Santa stuff and getting the shipping labels and all that so I could send them out.
    Then when I got home from dropping them off at FedEx I saw the letters that I had intended to include revealing myself to my Santees. Ah well, I can let you know the old fashioned way.

I'm glad I got you some new books and authors that you're not familiar with, and yes powered armor military fiction was kind of a running theme with this selection. But also the differing viewpoints of the authors on military authority in governing and how well that's likely to turn out.
    in 75% of those books: very poorly.

But yes, all of the books are military sci-fi, but they show a large variance in point of view of military action.
    From Heinlein's "oorah Manly Military Men should lead everything and anyone not manly enough to be a military man doesn't get a vote" to Haldeman's "When we send the best and brightest to fight a war, they're going to come back to a home they don't recognize and that doesn't recognize them, and this is only the beginning of the tragedy of war"
    I hope you enjoy the books as much as I have.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

My neighbor interrupted my voice recordings by ringing my doorbell. All was forgiven though when a package for me was misdelivered to his house. So yeah, let's see what we got...

l6cahmsfhcsg.jpeg

Looks like a box alright. Upon closer inspection...

dox156admaqw.jpeg

Ah, my Satan is @Tofystedeth! So very cool! Now what did you bestow upon me...

7fvsy09yqdgn.jpeg

Yo! The Art of Mana book! I've had this on my wishlist for a long time now. Awesome!

9dmpe4hmp3hs.png

There are the big 3 I remember from my days of playing this on the SNES in 1993. I was 17 back then and this game blew me away.

sqdytqrtmegh.png

And here's a splash page of the cast of SoM3. Never did finish the remake. Might should get back to that I suppose.

Thanks again for the awesome gifts!

Edit: Wait, did you send the other gifts from earlier? They didn't have any recipient information. If not you, then who?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yar they also were from me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Wooo! Thanks from the whole fam. The other day my daughter was madly giggling and the dog was clitter-clattering on the floor. Suspicious, I went upstairs to find my son handing out treats to the dog. I stopped him after he fed her the 6th one. Ugh….

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    za8qctsclayx.png

I've been sick all this week with the wonderful flu. I went to a Christmas party on Saturday and then it hit me on Monday like a ton of bricks so I've been out for the count most of this week. Today I've been feeling better but haven't done a lot besides trying to work from home. I had settled in to watch some Netflix when I checked my phone and saw I got a package delivered in the mail. I headed outside in the cold to the mailbox and after getting the mail/package, I see an Amazon box by my door. Usually, I get a notification about Amazon but not this time so I picked it up and thought it might be a present.

The box itself.
    hc75lkdqrdpz.gif

The Amazon wrapping which I was actually impressed by so I'll probably reuse it at some point.
    gbfzugklu4m8.gif

Gypsy wouldn't go by the box so I just had to take a pic of her staring at me, wondering what I was doing.
    exvixzsyflz6.gif

The note!
    ukhz71xsnvjk.gif

The haul!
    lmqpn97bg6j8.gif

I had thought about getting this when it first came out but I didn't. I had other things to buy for Christmas for others so I set that aside but now I can read it and be in awe of all the pictures. It looks so cool and is so freaking heavy. It's AMAZING.

What the Iron Throne should look like.
    w61veetng73h.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you, whoever you are. This is unbelievable and yet you're saying there's more? After a miserable week, this is such a great surprise. So glad I got a notification about another delivery or else I wouldn't have seen this. Every year this is something I look forward to and it never disappoints.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I love s-Laughter

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Dear Santa: Just a heads up but I'm going to be out of town from December 22-26.

Dear Santee: you don't know who you are, of course, but due to financial things I can't control, your gifts have to wait until the 3rd payday this month on the 29th. Hoping they'll get there while it's still technically Christmas (Jan 6-Epiphany). Real life sucks sometimes.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    A package should be arriving tomorrow for someone! Woohoo!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    za8qctsclayx.png

My wife just walked in with a pile of Amazon packages. I was expecting them so no big deal...but whats this? I didn't order this! Quick! Send in the Bomb Squad!
    08ermpc9ht5y.jpeg

Okay, it's been cleared by the squad, and there's a note!
    4agsb9i3v3hp.jpeg

What could that mean? Let's get it out and ready for secondary inspection...
    3en32zoi60rt.jpeg

OMG! It's a TARDIS! And NOW the note makes sense...(Wife figured it out from the note...I'm not as smart)
    sqksy6tm14i1.jpeg

And whats this? Apparently someone was paying attention to the conversation in the G&T thread... (Side note...these things are amazing...I'm already a third of the way through them. New favorite!)
    ks0h95uj5636.jpeg

And here's the TARDIS on my desk in it's natural habitat!
    66tkx8mf59hb.jpeg

Well done, Santa! Time to take a bow!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    za8qctsclayx.png

Apparently these came a couple days ago. I totally missed them until today after trimming some of the branches from the tree in my driveway and just happened to notice two boxes with my name on them!
    qshlbxkvlaz6.jpg

Thanks Santa, whoever you are (the slips had a real name, not forum name)! The kid and I still find some fun recipes to make coming up on Christmas.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I'm really curious which pokemon that sandwich top center would be. :D Looks delicious!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    omg a pokemon cookbook.

my child is never allowed to see that.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    omg a pokemon cookbook.

my child is never allowed to see that.

I'm leaving it on the coffee table so she sees it in the morning. We'll pick one to make together this week for dinner.

Edit: nope, this is what we're making because they sound amazing.
    vblbd32auey3.jpg

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I'm really curious which pokemon that sandwich top center would be. :D Looks delicious!

That is the Incineroar Spicy Eggplant parmigiana sandwich. Which.. change it to chicken and I'm all over it, but no one else in the house likes spicy food because my life is devoid of happiness. ;)

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    za8qctsclayx.png

Apparently these came a couple days ago. I totally missed them until today after trimming some of the branches from the tree in my driveway and just happened to notice two boxes with my name on them!
    qshlbxkvlaz6.jpg

Thanks Santa, whoever you are (the slips had a real name, not forum name)! The kid and I still find some fun recipes to make coming up on Christmas.

Phew, glad you got them, I was worried they got lost!

Enjoy and happy holidays!

• Options
    za8qctsclayx.png

Satan strikes again! Buried in another pile of Amazon boxes (I have a problem) A gift arrived!

Yes! I'll finally know how to make REAL fish fingers and custard!
    fipmb5cl8thi.jpeg

AND I can survive the coming nuclear apocalypse in style!
    bgoday8vbczu.jpeg

And I can enjoy these...pickle...candies? Okay, I KNOW I said I like everything pickled but I think Satan took it as a challenge. I'll let you know if these are a bridge too far...
    wzphhmx5umfm.jpeg

Okay, I need to know who the fabulous person is who sent me all this cool stuff already!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    za8qctsclayx.png

A wild package appeared! My son wanted to investigate. (We have seven cats and not one of them could be bothered to check out the box lol!)
    52577881438_f9366c243c.jpg

It's a letter! With a wax seal and everything!
    52577626669_2e4bf43f31.jpg

What's inside! A handmade Kirby!
    52577881468_cf907bb690.jpg

And some tasty treats that lasted about 5 minutes before my family devoured them! Also a 3D printed Togepi!
    52577881508_148a98d6ac.jpg

An amazing weighted companion cube that doubles as a bottle opener!
    52577793435_a371d69aaf.jpg

And here's the letter.
    52577793440_562cc36ce5.jpg
    Huge thanks to @Radiation ! Thanks so much for the awesome gifts! My son loves the Kirby and the Pokemon and the companion cube will be the perfect....desk companion lol!

• Options
    The Kirby is so cute! And love the weighted companion cube. Is it actually weighted? I can't tell if it's printed or made of wood?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    It's wood! Radiation's made a couple of them on his really fancy CNC machine!

• Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    The Kirby is so cute! And love the weighted companion cube. Is it actually weighted? I can't tell if it's printed or made of wood?

It's solid wood, has a nice heft to it!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I recognized the wax seal and got really really excited for you!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Yessssss!! It got there! I was kinda worried something might happen (tis the season).
    I have a few more things planned but wanted to get you something before holidays.
    Edit: The cube is made from cherry wood if anyone is curious.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    "You've been framed." - Mal in Steam Chat.
    sdgqy3ld73x4.png
    No name on this, so still in the dark with these gifts. Curious to see what it goes with :grey_question:

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    @Fig-D , I managed to get my physical gifts shipped out and they SHOULD arrive Friday, so keep your eyes peeled!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Will do!

As for my Santee, uh, a package here a package there for the next couple weeks? I absolutely dropped the ball.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I've confirmed it was from the Steam chat SS but I figured since I showed the frame, we have to see the picture too. It's beautiful.
    6i5adxd6z8kv.jpg
    5rgbyf7ehfnk.jpg
    Big shout out to @Questor for being amazing and picking a wonderful gift. <3

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Cool.

What is it?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Oh that’s cool

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Cool.

What is it?

Bloodborne poster

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Seems my Santa has been busy.

7j9sv6s7f6zr.gif

Wow! I've always wanted to play this but never got around to it due to life and other things. Still have no idea who this is but I'm shocked and will have something to do during this blizzard. Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for this and the book. Both are fucking unreal.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    A blizzard!? The beginning of that game might feel a little too real

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    And then watch Hateful Eight

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @Antoshka has revealed themselves as my Satan with a final gift of Kitties!
    uurgputq4fnf.png

Thanks for all the wonderful gifts, and Merry Christmas!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    urp771zih9xj.gif

EDIT: Holy cow I thought Vanilla would resize the images but they're still very large. Throwing spoiler tags on these.

A wild box appears!
    jo7qbbtg3k29.jpg

There's a box in a box!
    waxnpf5jdl2c.jpg

Snacks! And a remote...?
    wkzid5r5xenk.jpg

Whole lotta snacks! I was snacking on a bag of Voodoo Heat just last week so I know Zapp's are tasty. Also, eager to try out that seasoning. And that parchment has something in it but we'll get back to that.
    wgaxsme5pxdx.jpg

The remote belongs to a 3D printed tree!
    cj2ujf6pr4ee.jpg

IT'S
    x4eijm2nchht.jpg

BRIGHT
    5478dnymdmt3.jpg

AS FUCK. This is pretty awesome. I don't really have holiday decorations so this is a cool way to start showing some holiday spirit.
    ycnorcdq2log.jpg

Inside the parchment was this lil cutie! The design is that of a Final Fantasy XIV job crystal: the Red Mage!
    8cm0ihdbd2os.jpg

Red Mage is my primary job in FFXIV, pictured here near the end of the last expansion (with my little Red Panda buddy on her shoulder):
    wrdhk85x6094.png

This is all in additional to the Steam gift of Midnight Suns which, uh, yeah:
    ys14o0nc0unv.png

I'm quite fond of it! Probably gonna dive in and finish my first story run over this weekend.

Thank you so much @Kendrik !

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I have been struck this Christmas Eve eve! Eve -1? eevee?

A pair of shooters for old people that may or may not be boomers!
    pa4C6eth.png

Thanks anoffday I'll have to check these out tonight!

• Options
    Fig-D wrote: »
    urp771zih9xj.gif

Whole lotta snacks! I was snacking on a bag of Voodoo Heat just last week so I know Zapp's are tasty. Also, eager to try out that seasoning. And that parchment has something in it but we'll get back to that.

The remote belongs to a 3D printed tree!
    IT'S
    BRIGHT

Thank you so much @Kendrik !

There's actually one more thing coming that apparently USPS put on a different truck because reasons?

And quick explanation of my choices:

1) Snacks and Seasoning - I'm originally from South Louisiana so I wanted to share some of the "flavors" of the region. Since I figured a 20lb sack of live crawfish might freak you out, I went a bit more restrained. Zapp's was pretty much our go-to potato chip growing up there. Tony's is basically required seasoning in ANY Cajun household, and Slap ya Mama is a more local variant that I enjoy the flavor AND the name. :) Both can be used on basically any food in the place of salt so don't be afraid to experiment!

2)The Christmas tree spawned from a unicorn horn I made for my sister's Horse and a decision to "kick it up a notch". I'm quite happy with how it turned out and it has like a million different settings. Also, there's a brightness setting to take it from "OH GOD MY EYES" to only "see a opthamalogist" so you can look at it without welders goggles.

3)The red mage crystal I ran across on Etsy (they have ALL of them) and thought it was super cool. It's a necklace because that's how they sell it but it could totally be a keychain or hung on a rearview mirror or whatever.

Glad you enjoyed everything and I hope you have a good holiday season!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    iwb7a37zvpu9.gif

This is a couple of days after the present arrived, because I had placed an Amazon order for myself and this was about the right size and heft.

So it arrived, and I put it off to the side ...

iuk8y0mjqr3a.jpg

BUT THEN!

I opened it, and it wasn't the thing I had ordered! It was a mysterious other box with a note (promising more to come)!

knqiyyrfvmsg.jpg

Gotta say, I have no idea what to expect upon trying this ...

0tfdqk5woakj.jpg

... but I love dark chocolate, and I love salted caramel, so I have really high hopes!

Thank you for round 1, Secret Santa!

• Options
    iwb7a37zvpu9.gif

A wild Gamestop box appears!

lmu0982d7l50.jpg

It uses "Contains the second part of my Secret Santa gift!" It's super effective!

wl9fbsz0w1du.jpg

I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game, so I'm excited to try this one out! And I've heard nothing but good things about Guardians of the Galaxy, whose tagline is "You've got this. Probably." which is fantastic. I've been juggling the charging cord on my two controllers, so heck yeah on the new charging station.

Unfortunately, there was no gift message, so I don't know whom to thank!

This discussion has been closed.