Options

I've got a mood. A mood...for spood [moods thread]

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’m all about getting wet. I shower, I swim in the sea, I shower because I swim in the swim, I go for a run in the rain, I have a bath. Reject sapience return to water.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    It snowed and rained and iced yesterday afternoon.

What is the it referring to in that sentence? Talking about the weather is odd.

I hoped I would be snowed in, but alas, the temperature rose just high enough above freezing to melt the ice off of the roads.

• Options
    IT the Cloud

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I enjoy taking a shower I just resent needing to take a shower. It's like sleeping in that respect.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh don't get me wrong, showers are really great, many of my days have been saved by a good shower.

it just gets a man a-thinkin', soapin' up does.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I'm having a **nihilism** spiral

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I like taking a shower when there's a good showerhead and temperature. The ability to take a bath if I like is a big plus.

I don't have any of those things in my apartment. I still shower, I just don't like doing it.

• Options
    I just got bend this into nothing matters we are all there is, let us make it the best! wheeeee optimistic existentialism

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I hate the knowledge of being wet. I love swimming! I enjoy a bath or a hot tub. Splashing in puddles, getting caught in the rain, these are transient joys. But feeling wet, the liminal state of water distinctly on my skin, is a sensory nightmare I've learned to tolerate, the transition between uncomfortable.

Recognizing those sensitivities as such is part of what clued me into being ~neurodivergent~

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I just got bend this into nothing matters we are all there is, let us make it the best! wheeeee optimistic existentialism

my go-to pep talk for that is

XTri9r6.png

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    If I could build a house (lol owning a home) I would have the entire bathroom be just one big square room with all tiles floor to ceiling, big drain in the floor and the shower is basically like, one half wall or counter between the rest of the bathroom. So basically the whole bathroom is the shower. The actual shower space would have one of those 360° shower heads that's like a wall of water you stand in.

Big skylight for natural light whilst showering. Lotta plants. Maybe a big copper claw footed bathtub in a corner for the rare occasions I want a sit down bath.

Ultimate shower experience.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    If I could build a house (lol owning a home) I would have the entire bathroom be just one big square room with all tiles floor to ceiling, big drain in the floor and the shower is basically like, one half wall or counter between the rest of the bathroom. So basically the whole bathroom is the shower. The actual shower space would have one of those 360° shower heads that's like a wall of water you stand in.

Big skylight for natural light whilst showering. Lotta plants. Maybe a big copper claw footed bathtub in a corner for the rare occasions I want a sit down bath.

Ditto.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    the shower is the only place loud enough to make me forget i exist

and it's good, i hate being constantly aware that i exist, i simply become a mermaid until it gets cold

• Options
    I’ve always been a Tank Girl man myself.

1ja20i50d4nq.jpeg

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    I hate the knowledge of being wet. I love swimming! I enjoy a bath or a hot tub. Splashing in puddles, getting caught in the rain, these are transient joys. But feeling wet, the liminal state of water distinctly on my skin, is a sensory nightmare I've learned to tolerate, the transition between uncomfortable.

Recognizing those sensitivities as such is part of what clued me into being ~neurodivergent~

I have to have a towel after showering or swimming. Being wet from cycling through the rain is okay for some reason, but wet after being in water? bleagh.

• Options
    I like a good air-dry. get a nice sit or lay out in the sun maybe

if there wasn't so much shame in my frame, I'd do it more often, but I look like the kind of swollen zombie that explodes when you shoot it.

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular

if there wasn't so much shame in my frame, I'd do it more often, but I look like the kind of swollen zombie that explodes when you shoot it.

the boomer?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    edited November 2022

you must be worth so much xp

/reloads

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

I've promised to one day build a bathroom with a big deep Japanese soaking tub for my wife and the "wet room" style of bathroom really is the best.

• Options
    my friend used to live on a property her parents owned.

some nouveau riche douche had bought the property, built a ridiculous house, and then ran out of money and sold it at a loss

the house was an ostentatious nightmare, but it did have an incredible bathroom. all tile, the shower had three heads at different heights because I guess sometimes you want a different spray, and it was like, 10 feet long.

we fit so many people into that shower

• Options

is there no depth you haven't plumbed

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Asthma attack from a grocery store trip

Fun times

Stupid cold weather makes it worse

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

My dream bathroom includes a cedar chaise lounge next to one of those deeply unsafe open-flame gas wall heaters. I won't even own a towel, just straight from the shower to the drying rack.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

My dream bathroom includes a cedar chaise lounge next to one of those deeply unsafe open-flame gas wall heaters. I won't even own a towel, just straight from the shower to the drying rack.

jedoc's nuts roasting on an open fiiiiire

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I like this because showers also have plumbing

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I like this because showers also have plumbing

it works on so many levels
    two levels

• Options
    we're moving and the new house is cool, it's bigger and fancier but it's like

it doesn't smell right and it's so far away from all my places and things and I'll need new places and new things

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so you know that thing

that fucking sitcom trope

"dear sir/madam, you may the beneficiary to the estate of late Mr. X, please provide us with your details so we may proceed", etc. etc.

anyway that just happened to me

now the first thing is I think "scam call obviously"

except the dude is a lawyer who's credentials check out, and he gave me a case file and everything, and from the looks of things it's been going on for six years at least while they're trying to figure out the distant relatives of the person who died

anyway, this isn't like a million dollars or something, I'm not a Bezos

but it is about roughly the equivalent of 30,000 US? which ain't nothing

so my mood right now is finding out I unwittingly wound up in fantasy camp

to wit, this is a concept from the height of 90s comedy, Seinfeld, in which George and Jerry discuss Kramer:

"Kramer goes to a fantasy camp. His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down two thousand dollars to live like him for a week. Do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, and mooch food off your neighbors; that's a fantasy camp."

that's me, falling ass-backwards into the scrooge mcduck money pit

anyway welcome to camp, gather round the fire, can I offer you some smores

update on this:

it did happen, though they are parceling out the fund transfers because some of it is involved in realestate development

but I should get the equivalent of around 4,500 US dollars from great-grand uncle Ebenezer in 2-3 months

I have some complaints viz fantasy camp but it does what it says on the tin

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    i got $10k that way once from a 12-way split of surviving relatives of great-uncle [redacted].

it felt very nice to a dumb teenager.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Did you do something dumb and teenagery with it

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I accidentally clicked on "Mark all Viewed" when trying to clear out some drafts and this is fucking awful

so many threads, so many I don't want to read but click on because "oh its blue now"

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Did you do something dumb and teenagery with it

alas, no

marginal amounts probably went to cigarettes and booze though

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    IMG-0595.jpg

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Like, I'm fine, but my tortoiseshell is losing her shit because my partner left on a Thanksgiving trip this morning. Just... hop off my lap, wander around crying. (She also does this when my partner and I are both in the living room, but, y'know, different.)

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    One of our cats adores our daughter. When she goes to Grandmas' every Friday he just sits outside her bedroom door waiting for her to open up so he can go to bed with her.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I've moved to a new house, it's big and having all my stuff here just makes it worse, it feels like when you're dreaming and you're at a place you know intimately and one weird place squished together.

it is objectively a good thing that we got this house, and it is a good house, I am just not used to it. barring when I'd run away and a brief stint of homelessness, I've lived at the same house for like, 30 years.

I wanna go home, but I am home.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuuck the cat knocked over a water glass and it got on my PC

Turned off the power and have a fan pointed at it but it made some bad noises, fuuuuuck

• Options
    edited November 2022
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    so lately two of my cats have been at odds, to the point where we had to like, keep them separate.
    but we moved and we just brought the cats to the new house and are letting them explore and the two who were fighting have been very good to each other

it helps that one of them is prescribed gabapentin so we just got them high so they'd get used to hanging out again

mood: hopeful

edit: he takes gabapentin when needed, and fluoxetine aka Prozac once a day

it's bothersome but I kinda love that the first cat that was Mine has inherited my neuroses

Depressperado on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

I'll assume that Wallace does not know there's a serial killer on the loose but Grommit does, so we are about to see some hi-jinx