Options

I've got a mood. A mood...for spood [moods thread]

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Heavy family stuff inside. tldr: mood = bad
    I lost my aunt today.

Well, to be accurate I lost her two years ago. Just took til now for her to cross the line that had been already pushed back several times.

For three years now my mother has been planning a trip with my aunt and uncle. Their last big overseas travel adventure before they're too old to do these things anymore. Naturally 2020 did its thing and it got pushed back. Then things seemed up in the air when my aunt and cousin decided to escape the communist authoritarian state of Washington and move their families to Florida the land of freedom. My mom had a hard time with that, half the family moving as far away from WA as possible while still staying in the US. Found a therapist though and has been working through it, gotten better. After all, somehow the trip was still on, even if things were strained. So there's that to look forward to. They make the payments, they sign paperwork, it's getting close now gonna happen in march.

Then the hard copy of the paperwork arrives and my aunt sees that the agency requires the covid vaccine and one booster. Because they want insurance to cover their business, presumably, and don't want to get sued if there are no precautions and someone gets sick. This information has been in all the paperwork up til now, right in plain sight.

She loses her shit.

My uncle calls my mom and lets her know what's going on, and my mom is understandably worried. But she sends an email saying hey, don't cancel right away, let's talk this over first.

An hour later she gets an email from my aunt saying she's cancelled her tickets because of this requirement, it's an imperial attitude and just what she was escaping Washington and its planned relocation settlements for unvaccinated people for. The real estate people she knows say that plan only fell through because they couldn't find land. So the trip's off, maybe they can work out something else.

So yeah, unilaterally deciding her way is more important and must be done immediately. Not even pretending to consider my mom's stake/desires/feelings in the situation and talk it over. This last trip together, the one that was the one my mom planned and had been wanting to do for years now after a bunch of trips to places they had picked. Sorry, not taking the "untested, useless vaccine" is more important than even picking up the phone, any other action besides immediately flying off the handle and throwing everything out the window is inconceivable.

My mom's gutted, was basically a wreck for four hours. Better now, but only in the sense she's not actively crying. This shit isn't going to be fixed quickly.

The only remaining person she's known her entire life. Of her two living siblings, her brother stole a ton of money from their father and almost left him to die of neglect and we haven't spoken to him in almost 20 years. And now her sister is an inconsiderate selfish fascist conspiracy nutcase who probably hasn't even realized the size of the fire she set on this bridge. Or that she set one at all.

There's no "working something else out." Doing a different trip that doesn't have vaccine requirements... good luck finding an agency for that. Even then it wouldn't be the one that my mother specifically wanted to do. Plus it validates my aunt's horseshit as legitimate when it's entirely unreasonable, and says it's ok you did this we can still do something else that will be acceptable to you. Fuck that, it's not ok. So there's not going to be a substitute.

Tomorrow's thanksgiving. Dunno if she's gonna call, but my mom doesn't want to talk to her. I'm done with this shit though so i'll talk I don't care. I got things to say.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    07431klz4n1o.jpeg

Me hitting the club, being the life of the party, then sneaking away after two hours to sit in my bed with a hot chocolate and a book.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    "militaria curios", is that code for nazi memorabilia?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

Oh I dunno, probably. I mean whoever’s doing the taxidermy probably isn’t the most fun person in the world either.

It was just for the open/closed thing.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

Or Civil War junk

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

Often it's a mix but you definitely get those places.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Haha I like the full song

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of in the mood for a milkshake, kind of in the mood for a pizza.

I shouldn't have either, and will probably end up having both.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I'm in a mood where I miss the Thanksgiving leftovers I had for lunch, and wish there were even more.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    I'm in a mood where I miss the Thanksgiving leftovers I had for lunch, and wish there were even more.

We're doing open faced turkey sandwiches for dinner tomorrow and I can't wait.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Damn.

• Options
    The primordial furry.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    shirt goes very hard

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    shirt goes very hard

Much like a wookie

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    shirt goes very hard

Much like a wookie

excuse me wookies are incredibly tender lovers

did i say lovers i meant lawyers; yeah they'll fuck you in half if you let 'em

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    "Droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they finish."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    "Droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they finish."

jedoc has bedded many a robot and knows of what he speaks

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Ah yes Seeing a reddit post screengrabbed on insta, and again on twitter, posted to forums.penny-arcade.com

If only we coulda got tik tok in there

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Ah yes Seeing a reddit post screengrabbed on insta, and again on twitter, posted to forums.penny-arcade.com

If only we coulda got tik tok in there
    The picture itself inside the reddit post looks like it was cropped from TikTok, tbh.

sig.gif
  • Options
    l6zyy91vuz92.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    IMG-2062.jpg

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Fj-Jw-EC5-WAAEr-Pb-V.jpg

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Screams in trigger discipline

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    One of the hosts of a podcast I have listened to for six years is leaving that podcast

Seemingly for good reasons, with much goodwill

But it's really fucking me up

• Options
    Fjif-A-t-Xk-AAw-Iym-1.jpg
    Strikes will only bring misery to your own people!

• Options
    Look if there's one group who know about bringing misery it's the nazis

• Options
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6qDnh-W0PE

This video I posted in the last mood thread has actually become a pretty effective coping mechanism over the last couple of months. If I catch myself getting into a negative mood spiral when I'm alone, I try to imitate that man's howl of ultimate suffering. This has several positive effects:
    1. Yelling "Oh nooooooo" in a gutteral voice is a fun activity
    2. I get to remember a very funny YouTube video
    3. My own problems are put into immediate and stark contrast
    4. It's hard to stay in a bad mood when I picture those three commentators wincing and laughing and saying things like "He's in a bit of strife" over me being grumpy about work stuff on my off time

Try it yourself!

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    throwing balls into jedoc's crotch would probably reduce my stress
    but it would make me feel guilty i admit

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Fivx-GBFXg-AA6-Cs-P-1.jpg

Hobnail on

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Me just sippin on some hot juice

https://youtu.be/uF5MEko9ee0

Juggernut on
  • Options
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Forum is in a mood
    ifymt03kmrj1.jpg