OUR FINEST GIFTS WE BRING, PA RUM PA PUM PUM,
    TO LAY BEFORE THE KING, PA RUM PA PUM PUM,
    RUM PA PUM PUM,
    RUM PA PUM PUM

it's like that

Can you hum a few bars for me?

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I'm... not going to sign up this year. Playing LDB Roulette is just one more thing I need to worry about pay attention to and remember, and I'm not sure what that does to my mental health.

If I notice it playing while shopping around, I'll post about it, but I won't be looking out for it every time I go out. Sorry.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I

AM

ALIVE

for now

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Sign me up.

My new boss isn't shy about how much he loves xmas and xmas music (I caught him whistling Jingle Bells on the way back from lunch back in July), but he's mostly WFH and doesn't sit near me when he's in office, so I feel like I stand a decent chance

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I cannot wait for the theme to be revealed. Final Fantasy was a high mark but Resident Evil was great too

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'm in. Let's see if my habit of cooking recipes that require me to search multiple stores for ingredients will be my downfall once again.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    when does it start counting by the way, after thanksgiving?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Ha ha ha. Oh no, we're all doomed from the day we're born.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Catching up on adding people to the list…if I missed you yell at me.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRxSRyrTANY

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRxSRyrTANY

Check it now, ya fishmonger!

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    COME, THEY TOLD ME, PA RUM PA PUM PUM,
    A NEW BORN KING TO SEE, PA RUM PA PUM PUM,
    OUR FINEST GIFTS WE BRING, PA RUM PA PUM PUM,
    TO LAY BEFORE THE KING, PA RUM PA PUM PUM,
    RUM PA PUM PUM,
    RUM PA PUM PUM

it's like that
    Peace on earth, can it be
    Years from now, perhaps we'll see
    See the day of glory
    See the day, when men of good will
    Live in peace, live in peace again

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    holy shit

so the episode of Between Two Ferns with Tobey Maguire and Sam Jackson randomly popped in my youtube feed, I'm kinda half listening and it gets to the end and he says "here to sing Little Drummer Boy is Arcade Fire" and I look over and the name of the song is on the screen and I'm just staring at it as one of them starts to play percussion on the tambourine and I must have been half a millisecond from the opening bars before I realized what was about to happen and hit pause

goddamn, that petard self-hoisting was dangerously close

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I survived last year and it was pretty boring.

I go out more now, though, looking forward to my inevitable demise.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've never even opened one of these threads before. Why is it this song specifically instead of any other Christmas song?

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'm in. Christmas music hasn't started here, so I should be safe for a couple of weeks. I do have two work Christmas parties to look forward to, though.

• Options
    I've never even opened one of these threads before. Why is it this song specifically instead of any other Christmas song?

Because it’s common enough that it’s hard to avoid but nearly as common as a lot of other Christmas music. Trying to make it through the holiday without hearing All I Want for Christmas Is You is damn near impossible

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Fair enough.

Pondering this made me wonder how many of the big UK Christmas songs are known in other places.

Do people in other countries know Slade?

https://youtu.be/BpfHSqLXePI

Or Wizzard?

https://youtu.be/IJPc7esgvsA

These are the 2 big ones I always think of apart from Mariah Carey

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Not at all

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    You just made those up

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2022
    Fair enough.

Pondering this made me wonder how many of the big UK Christmas songs are known in other places.

Do people in other countries know Slade?

https://youtu.be/BpfHSqLXePI

Or Wizzard?

https://youtu.be/IJPc7esgvsA

These are the 2 big ones I always think of apart from Mariah Carey

I think the UK has the best selection of Christmas music that is just ignored by the rest of the world. Can you go a Christmas without hearing Mel & Kim's Rocking around the Christmas Tree blaring out from a Tesco speaker? Walk past a WH Smith and not hear the dulcet tones of Mistletoe and Wine? Get the guitar riff from In Dulce Jubilo stuck in your head for weeks?

We spent Christmas in America at my Uncle's one year and everything was just Big Band and jazzy covers of hymns and there wasn't anything that was a certified banger like Slade / Wizzard / etc.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I just hate all the common Christmas music because I hear them all every year, always the same ones, dozens of times over individually, and they never change. There's no new stimulus to be gained from them.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was fresh blood injected into the scene like I see on YouTube. Or at least some more oddball picks on the radio like I Am Santa Claus in the tune of I Am Iron Man, but nope always the same set of songs the same as yesteryear dating back to the dinosaurs.

So this little game is just an attempt to get some form of stimulus from media that's long lost it for me.

• Options
    Huh. If you don't have Slade that means no drunk people screaming "Iiiiiiit's CHRIIIISTMAAAAAS" at each other and I can't imagine that

• Options
    Huh. If you don't have Slade that means no drunk people screaming "Iiiiiiit's CHRIIIISTMAAAAAS" at each other and I can't imagine that

I will work this into my Christmas rotation this year

• Options

Do you mean the song, or just screaming at someone?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I hear Slade and my first thought is immediately the Teen Titans villain. The animated version of course.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I again volunteer as judge for people who are unsure if something counts as the song or not. I will listen to it and render a verdict if that is cool with Raijin

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

Do you mean the song, or just screaming at someone?

Both

• Options
    I again volunteer as judge for people who are unsure if something counts as the song or not. I will listen to it and render a verdict if that is cool with Raijin

I approve this message

• Options
    So I lost today because I was reading in the twitter thread that elephants can play a drum with their trunk.

• Options
    You can’t lose yet!

• Options
    SHIT I JUST LOST THE GAME!

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    @Raijin Quickfoot am I too late to sign up?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    You can’t lose yet!

When can we lose dumbbutt

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm in!

• Options
    You can’t lose yet!

When can we lose dumbbutt

December 1st?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    never played before, let's see how long I can make it.

• Options
    Black Friday at 12:01am.

It’s in the damn OP!!

• Options
  • Options
    Why did you post a green rectangle?