Options

Drums…drums in the distance…LDB Thread 2022

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Everything is a drum.

Not linking the video because it does contain the dread parums.

@Tofystedeth what the fuck?
    When you came to me 15 years ago, you told me that everything was a drum. I left my wife.
    I let you drum on my penis!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Made it through one Christmas Market with no drums whatsoever

Two to come today, let's roll the dice, see what happens

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Once more into the breach, todays festive film is Santa Buddies, which got the Spidey treatment and was remade 1 year later as The Search for Santa Paws

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Going to the mall to return some pet supplies that weren't suitable for my new pup. I'll keep y'all posted.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I have never seen an actor try less at a role than George Wendt standing still in a Santa outfit to collect that sweet Air Bud money

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This morning I was driving into town to do some shopping. I got a text from my brother so I had my car stereo read it out loud for me. After it finished the music came back on. I replied to the text (speech to text, but still not great while driving I know). I still had my phone up and I saw my brother replied 'ok'. Since I already saw the text on my phone I dismissed the message on my dash unit. Only this time my music didn't come back on. I always stream music from my phone so I tried switching over to radio and it wasn't playing either so I just rode in silence for a while. A bit later I had to stop for a train and decided to put it in park and turn my vehicle off and back on again to see if that fixed the sound problem. It did, and I the first thing I heard was Toby Keith singing "me and my drum". The last four words of the song.

FATALITY

7uxs9q093w5x.jpeg

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I may not be long in this contest. Parents are playing Christmas music while decorating.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Oh my god yes, Raijin, that looks amazing.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Going to the mall to return some pet supplies that weren't suitable for my new pup. I'll keep y'all posted.

Made it home with no fear, but I forget how invasive Christian music is this time of year. It's not just songs about sleigh bells but songs about "Jesus Christ Our Savior." You'd think malls would play something a little more anodyne.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Don't you know, there's a war on christmas rolleyes emoji rolleyes emoji rolleyes emoji

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Don't you know, there's a war on christmas rolleyes emoji rolleyes emoji rolleyes emoji

They say that, but none of the people who had Desantis signs in my neighborhood have put up Christmas decorations, yet I, a godless leftist, have had my house decorated before Thanksgiving.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Meanwhile I'm in like the most Catholic country in the world right now but still have yet to hear any Christmas music.

I doubt they'd play the drummer hermano though.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    No dice at the Christmas Markets but I got a ton of cool stuff!!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    one of these years we're going to win the war on christmas

then it'll finally be over forever

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

It is going poorly. Despite trying to get reinforcements from adults, Halloween is losing significant ground. There is nothing else to stop it from taking a full half year.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    one of these years we're going to win the war on christmas

then it'll finally be over forever

The war on Christmas will only be ended when it has ceased its unjust occupation of Thanksgiving and Halloween

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    It must withdraw to fall in line with the Black Friday Accords!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm out. Was at the shopping centre and I got hit with an instrumental version with no percussion or lyrics. LDB was too cowardly to face me directly so he had a piano and some violins do his dirty work.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Today I am going to a family event where there will be Christmas music playing. This killed me last year, but hopefully I make it this time.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

It is going poorly. Despite trying to get reinforcements from adults, Halloween is losing significant ground. There is nothing else to stop it from taking a full half year.

The goal is like the Philippines.

Christmas season is every month that ends in "ber".

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm out. Was at the shopping centre and I got hit with an instrumental version with no percussion or lyrics. LDB was too cowardly to face me directly so he had a piano and some violins do his dirty work.

Hey! That piano is a percussion instrument!

Little Drummer Boy without drums is still really bizarre, though, without the excuse of being acapella or something

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

FATALITY

ci06pcd8l486.jpeg

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    They say that, but none of the people who had Desantis signs in my neighborhood have put up Christmas decorations, yet I, a godless leftist, have had my house decorated before Thanksgiving.

Checks out.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Today I am going to a family event where there will be Christmas music playing. This killed me last year, but hopefully I make it this time.

I am home now and I survived.

They did start off with All I Want For Christmas Is You and Last Christmas, so good thing we don't care about those.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    chromdom wrote: »
    It must withdraw to fall in line with the Black Friday Accords!

The weirdest thing about the Christmas creep is that places that sell decorations are done before Thanksgiving and stuff is getting marked down to clearance on Black Friday. Like actual clearance, we're not getting any more shipments in and we need to start clearing shelf space clearance.

Carpy on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

Hey! That piano is a percussion instrument!

Little Drummer Boy without drums is still really bizarre, though, without the excuse of being acapella or something

Ohh, that makes sense, I am very bad with music knowledge. But yeah I was sitting down and taking a break when it came on and was all "Wait... No... Oh you fuckers"

Also 👍 to the custom death messages in the OP.

• Options
    Somehow made it through yesterday unscathed. The only likely place for me to get caught is when I go back in two weeks to make cookies.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I survived an hour and a half of a Christmas playlist while decorating the house! Ha!

• Options
    I was singing along with "Let it snow" at the supermarket and annoying my daughter but the dread-song did not play.

• Options
    I am the worst at this game because I am the most "don't think of an elephant"-ass motherfucker alive, I will think of that elephant, I will start singing the elephant song out loud
    I am not dead yet but I have definitely thought the song to myself a few times while reading this thread so far

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I am the worst at this game because I am the most "don't think of an elephant"-ass motherfucker alive, I will think of that elephant, I will start singing the elephant song out loud
    I am not dead yet but I have definitely thought the song to myself a few times while reading this thread so far

The Drummer Boy’s laughter can be quietly heard from the shadows

• Options
    FUCK YOU! I'M INVINCIBLE! I AM INVINCIBLE!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    FUCK YOU! I'M INVINCIBLE! I AM INVINCIBLE!

We shall be invincible TOGETHER.

I have never been slain nor will I be

• Options
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Xmas decoraring Playlist and Xmas German village...survived.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    hey is this the drum and bass thread
    https://youtu.be/TKqBTF4hSvI

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I only just remembered this competition tonight. Is it too late for me to join? I'll swear on a stack of Bibles that I haven't heard the accursed song yet.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I only just remembered this competition tonight. Is it too late for me to join? I'll swear on a stack of Bibles that I haven't heard the accursed song yet.
    God has no place here, the LDB thread.

sig.gif
  • Options
    the secret is everyone is playing already, they just don't know it yet and are lying by not reporting their deaths

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I'm in

I thought I was out already because I heard it on the radio before Thanksgiving, but forgot about the start date

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]