As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pride and Prejudice and Goncharov [Movies]

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    my only question is how they're going to mix up the title. We've had

I Know What You Did Last Summer
    I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
    I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer

I Heard About What You Did Last Summer? I Livestreamed What You Did Last Summer? I Know What You Did 25 Summers Ago?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Hey, What'd You Do That One Summer?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Current trend suggests that they'll just go with "I Know What You Did Last Summer" again

Maybe there's a chance they shorten it down, just a simple "I Know" or "Last Summer"

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Summ3r

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    You Won't Believe What They Did Last Summer!!!

with freddie prinze jr. making a pog face

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    "I Know What You Did Twenty Summ... What? Twenty SIX? Seriously? Are you sure? Goddamn, lockdown just fucked my sense of time, like, Jesus. Twenty six, huh? God, that means I haven't talked to Jake and Elissa in like... Man. I need to call them, I have been so bad about keeping in touch. Ugh.

Anyway, I Know What You Did Twenty Six, Somehow, Summers Ago."

Narbus on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    A group of aspiring young journalists seek to uncover the true story of The Fisherman for their new podcast "What You Did Last Summer"

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Endless Summer

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I Do Not Remember What You Did That Summer, It Was Almost 3 Decades Ago, What Is Wrong With You???

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I Barely Remember What I Did Last Week

• Options
    Though It Has Been Many Summers Since Last We Spoke, Some Bonds Are Strong Enough to Survive the Rigors of Time

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    I've certainly burned down Paris for less

They wouldn't even let me in the only arcade I could find because they didn't like my vaccination cert, jerks.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I Barely Remember What I Did Last Week

I Remember What You Did Last-- Wait, Shit, That Was 2020, I Can't Keep Track of Anything in the Goddamn Pandemic

Edit, much later: Oh, this is just a shittier version of Narbus' better joke, and I am so goddamned burned out that I entirely blanked on that post in the time to took to click into a different tab and come back, that's extremely embarrassing. Sorry, Narbus!

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Are you Sure you know what you did last summer?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Yeah I Like It When the Girls Stop by in the Summer. Do You Remember? Do You Remember? What You Did That Summer?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Why are you always fucking baderging me with questions

Wow, racist.

I’m a beaver, hob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6TBrfCW54

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If You Know What I Did Last Summer, You Gotta Get With My Friends

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I Vaguely Recall What You Did That Spring No It Was Definitely Spring It Was Still Soccer Season Oh Shit You're Right Keith Did Already Have That Horrible Little Moustache It Was Absolutely Summer and I Clearly Recall the Thing You Did At That Time.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

This is why it rules that stuff like Skinamarink succeeds/finds an audience, because it results in stuff like this happening too. A 17-year-old is spending his summer break getting to work with big names to make a feature-length version of Youtube videos he made in his spare time

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't know that a full film will work as well as the 15 minute videos, but good for him.

• Options
    ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    my only question is how they're going to mix up the title. We've had

I Know What You Did Last Summer
    I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
    I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer

I Heard About What You Did Last Summer? I Livestreamed What You Did Last Summer? I Know What You Did 25 Summers Ago?
    Sequel where they just say "Fuck it, we'll just run over everyone"

I Am Doing It This Summer And It Is AWESOME!

• Options
    I have odd feelings about any young director getting anointed by The Establishment too early in their careers. Not about young directors plying their trade and making shit - no, that rules, I always support that. But I feel weird about getting the approval of the moneyed grownups so soon.

Some of it is a fear of him being taken advantage of, of being chewed up and spat out because he doesn't have defense mechanisms against Hollywood bullshit.

But part of it is that, even if it goes well? If you get into the Hollywood bubble too soon, you run a real risk of never seeing outside of it. Instead of living an interesting life and working weird jobs and struggling to get by and learning how to live with and around a lot of interesting people, you get to kinda coast along only interacting earnestly with other fame-os and only seeing Real People from a distance or with this weirdly rigid class barrier of separation. It's going into a bizarre ecosystem young enough that it's easy to forget/never realize that it isn't the real world.

Like, JJ Abrams did a high school project restoring one of Spielberg's early short films. What a great project for a teenager, right? What a chance! What fun!

And then you get JJ Abrams.

Anyway, I hope for the best for the kid, but it makes me feel Concerned For Him in a way I'm sure he'd find insufferably condescending and annoying, as is his god-given Teenly Right.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    What You Don’t Know About Last Summer May Shock You

Seniors in Your Area Receive Kickbacks Last Summer

You Won’t Believe What This Former Child Star Looked Like Last Summer

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Funny, I just showed my parents some of Kane's backrooms stuff the other day. My mom was describing this creepy dream she had about wandering through this fucked up office building and I was like "sounds like the backrooms"

"The what?"

It was easier to just show her that than to explain internet creepypasta nonsense.

Anyway, good for him. The kid's a Blender whiz, so hopefully it goes good for him.

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I don't know that a full film will work as well as the 15 minute videos, but good for him.

To be fair, that's exactly how Skinamarink started(and I've heard it also wasn't as good as the short).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hmm, what if the video of them hitting a drifter gets uploaded to the Dark Web and results in a bunch of people trying to enact vigilante justice

We All Know What You Did Last Summer

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    They'd just end up ice hooking ten wrong people based on which backpack logo Reddit thinks it sees in five pixels in a grainy security video.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    whooooo's ready for MORE APES

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/kingdom-of-the-planet-of-the-ape-dichen-lachman-1235318960/
    The new Apes movie is set many years after the conclusion of 2017’s War for the Planet of the Apes. Many apes societies have grown from when the Moses-like Caesar brought his people to an oasis, while humans have been reduced to a feral-like existence. Some groups have never heard of Caesar, while others have contorted his teaching to build burgeoning empires.

In this setting, one ape leader begins to enslave other groups to find human technology, while another ape, who watched his clan be taken, embarks on a journey to find freedom. A young human woman becomes key to latter’s quest, although she has plans of her own.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh god I thought for sure that was gonna be about the NFT apes this is so much better

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    neverreallyneverreally Registered User regular
    I don't get the appeal of those movies. The movie really wants to be to root for the genocidal monkeys, but I don't want to. I could root for the genocidal humans, but that doesn't sound super fun either. And I guess this new movie I'm rooting for "feral" humans? hmmm.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The apes weren't genocidal, though? The humans died off due to the combination of a viral plague the apes had nothing to do with and in-fighting among the remaining human factions.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Planet of the Non Fungible Apes

• Options
    "I hate every ape I see
    from NF-A to NFT!"

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I don't get the appeal of those movies. The movie really wants to be to root for the genocidal monkeys, but I don't want to. I could root for the genocidal humans, but that doesn't sound super fun either. And I guess this new movie I'm rooting for "feral" humans? hmmm.

The movies that dealt directly with conflict between humans and apes had a genocidal ape and also had an ape who had peaceful goals and was fundamentally about the tragedy that led to conflict. I'm not sure where you would have gotten that you're supposed to be rooting for anybody who wanted to commit genocide.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I gotta say it is a bit wild to watch those modern Planet of the Apes movies these days since the quickly spreading plague that wipes out humanity is a major plot point

But that's the case for every post-apocalypse film with that basis these days

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Perhaps the most unrealistic bit is how everyone takes it completely seriously.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I hate every ape I see!

Also the I know what you did last summer sequel will be about their shared trauma of not knowing what the capitol of Brazil was. I will forever remember it because of the second movie.

That and the fact that the bad guys made up name he used to hide in plain sight was “Wilson”, and he screams to Jennifer love Hewitt character “Wills Son! Get it, I’m Will’s son!” And it’s great and I probably should watch it again

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    oh god I thought for sure that was gonna be about the NFT apes this is so much better

A 20th Century Studios marketing guy just woke up, drenched in sweat, promotion ideas & badly drawn apes dancing in his head, more erect than he's ever been and ever will be.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    spono wrote: »
    What You Don’t Know About Last Summer May Shock You

Seniors in Your Area Receive Kickbacks Last Summer

You Won’t Believe What This Former Child Star Looked Like Last Summer

Jennifer Love Hewitt is 110 Last Summers Old and This Is His Partner

yurnamehere on
  • Options
    I Hate Every Guy I See
    Walking Down a Wet Dark Street

This discussion has been closed.