As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] New Slim version announced.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    UOJ1FQY.png

Yep, I put way too much time into Hitman 3, lol.

OFJlHC8.png

Also feel good about getting 6 platinums this year.

M4hcEnC.png

Also put a bunch of time into AC: Valhalla, Ace Combat 7, Greedfall, and Bloodstained.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    tr57391ron9l.png

Disappointed in the trophy count. I usually try for at least 2 platinums a month and didn't even managed 1.5 this year. On the other hand I played some really fucking good games. Elden Ring came in at number 1. Next year is so damn stacked with great games I am looking forward to as well.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I did get the platinum in all 5 of those games (plus 1 more apparently), so that explains the time spent in them.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    701y3kzkm8nf.png

yeah that sounds about right, I got it for xmas, finished it in err.. May I think?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I thought Cyberpunk was going to be my number 1. But yeah. This makes sense since It’s the only game I’ve ever Platinumed.

tn7usxtdcppr.png

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    A few things I noted:
    1. I play way too much Destiny
    2. I played 37 games, 36 of which were PS+ offerings
    3. See point #1, above.
    om1o8i76g3wy.jpg

26904.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    blargh

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    6ncxy8frla21.jpg

If you're curious about what they're counting as "games played," it's just taken from the "Games" tab in your PSN profile (so PS3 and PSV games don't count).

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    6ncxy8frla21.jpg

If you're curious about what they're counting as "games played," it's just taken from the "Games" tab in your PSN profile (so PS3 and PSV games don't count).
    That’s some gaming. I am jealous.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I just realized Elden Ring only pipped first there by a mere few hours comparatively, 110. Forbidden West was 101.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Just got an invite from Amazon for the Ragnarok digital edition. Thinking about returning the A50 headset I just picked up and getting this instead, assuming best buy lets me use their gift cards to buy an amazon gift card.

• Options
    I think I did most of my gaming on PC and even then, idk if I clocked in 1879 hours. Though who knows, maybe I did. I know I've put in 265 hours into MW2 since it launched, I put in 124 into Deep Rock Galactic this year, I ended up with 100 hours in Elden Ring on PC, put in maybe 30-40 hours each into Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2, and Final Fantasy 8, 40 hours into V Rising, etc. So I've at least broken 1,000 hours and put a bunch of misc time into other games, but I think those were probably the big ones, unless I'm forgetting any.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    9k8wvjgl56l4.png
    This is a little odd though
    awti23w2ozz1.png

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I think that's your first trophy EVER, not the first in 2022.

Mine shows one I got in Feb 2008.

Probably a coding error. (What a surprise! NOT)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    cckerberos wrote: »
    6ncxy8frla21.jpg

That’s some gaming. I am jealous.

The key is working from home and living alone.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    This is a little odd though
    awti23w2ozz1.png

Yeah I had one from Tearaway in there which was a bit of a surprise tbh

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Yeah... it's kinda weird that the "key Trophy highlights" were your first and most recently earned trophies.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Mine was from Warhawk. Anyone remember that game? Because I sure don't lol

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I think it said my first trophy was from the second Ratchet and Clank Future, with the time travel. Which checks out, as my first PS3 was a bundle with that game and... something else I don't remember. And now that I think about it, I probably played it for a few minutes to revel in the pretties of the new generation, then shelved it until I could get a copy of the first game so I could play them in order.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I will also proudly add that 0 of those trophies in mine are platinum.

Still have 0 of those ever. Even have a Spider-Man file at 100% with no platinum!

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    How is that even possible?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    How is that even possible?

Some of the achievements are for doing random things that don't have anything to do with game completion.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Yea most games have some random arbitrary achievements that require just playing a certain way that unless you are looking at the achievements just aren't going to happen naturally.

I only look at content within the game. And if I love a game I will gladly do every bit of content within that game. But that has yet to ever result in a platinum.

Basically 100%ing a game or doing everything in a game is just a different thing than trophy hunting.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Yeah hidden trophies that aren't related to story spoilers are my least favorite thing. I end up looking them up and they're almost always some esoteric thing you're supposed to do.

• Options
    I'll be honest, I thought they were saying the trophies were at 100% with no platinum. I wasn't thinking of just the game save.

I will say that in the case of Spider-Man, the most time consuming part of the platinum is getting 100% in all the districts, which I imagine would already be done if you have a 100% file. Getting the plat would be pretty trivial at that point. I had to look up one hidden trophy, but that one only took a few minutes.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I thought they were saying the trophies were at 100% with no platinum. I wasn't thinking of just the game save.

I will say that in the case of Spider-Man, the most time consuming part of the platinum is getting 100% in all the districts, which I imagine would already be done if you have a 100% file. Getting the plat would be pretty trivial at that point. I had to look up one hidden trophy, but that one only took a few minutes.

Oh no doubt I probably have multiple games that I could look up some random "use this weapon X times" trophies as the only thing needed for a platinum.

But I'm certainly not gonna!

I dont look at the trophies so I have no idea what they are in any given game. And then when this report comes out is when I find out if I accidentally stumbled upon one without trying. Still none! Haha.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I was gunning for platinum on Guardians of the Galaxy but one of the trophies (hitting enemies with a Groot melee team-up) is hella bugged and wouldn't unlock

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I was gunning for platinum on Guardians of the Galaxy but one of the trophies (hitting enemies with a Groot melee team-up) is hella bugged and wouldn't unlock

There is a very specific way that one wants to be done, and a specific fight you can keep retrying if you want to go after it, I'd recommend checking a guide if you still want it.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I beat Shenmue 2 last night.

That last hour and a half was somehow worse than the rest of the already charmingly awful game. You spend a huge amount of time walking through the forest with this girl you just met and it just wants you to talk constantly. It gives you the option to 'hurry along' and skip all of that. Even with skipping it takes forever and it so drawn out with horrible dialogue and boring. Glad to have Shenmue 1 & 2 off my bucket list but yikes they are not good games lol.

Might as well finish the trilogy and do Shenmue 3.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options

There is a very specific way that one wants to be done, and a specific fight you can keep retrying if you want to go after it, I'd recommend checking a guide if you still want it.

That's what I was doing and it still didn't work, lol

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

That last hour and a half was somehow worse than the rest of the already charmingly awful game. You spend a huge amount of time walking through the forest with this girl you just met and it just wants you to talk constantly. It gives you the option to 'hurry along' and skip all of that. Even with skipping it takes forever and it so drawn out with horrible dialogue and boring. Glad to have Shenmue 1 & 2 off my bucket list but yikes they are not good games lol.

Yakuza! Yakuza. Yaaaaaaakuuuuuuuuzzzzzzaaaaaaaa.

Also, Shenmue 3 absolutely does not finish the story.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/god-of-war-tv-show-amazon-1235460972/
    A live-action adaptation of PlayStation’s hit video game franchise “God of War” has been ordered to series at Amazon’s Prime Video, with “Wheel of Time” boss Rafe Judkins set as showrunner.

Based on the massively popular 2018 video game, the show follows Kratos, the God of War, who, after exiling himself from his blood-soaked past in ancient Greece, hangs up his weapons forever in the Norse realm of Midgard, per Amazon’s description. When his beloved wife dies, Kratos sets off on a dangerous journey with his estranged son Atreus to spread her ashes from the highest peak — his wife’s final wish. Kratos soon realizes the journey is an epic quest in disguise, one which will test the bonds between father and son, and force Kratos to battle new gods and monsters for the fate of the world.

Judkins will showrun and executive produce the series based on the game developed by Santa Monica Studio, with “Iron Man” and “Children of Men” writers Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby also writing and executive producing. Santa Monica Studio’s studio creative director Cory Barlog will also serve as executive producer, in addition to Playstation Productions’ Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan, Santa Monica Studio’s Yumi Yang and Vertigo’s Roy Lee. Santa Monica Studio’s Jeff Ketcham is co-executive producer. The show is a co-production between Amazon Studios and Sony Picture Television in association with PlayStation Productions.

• Options
    I uh.... Will have to wait and see I guess.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Yakuza! Yakuza. Yaaaaaaakuuuuuuuuzzzzzzaaaaaaaa.

Also, Shenmue 3 absolutely does not finish the story.

Yea, I might check it out after I'm done torturing myself with these other games lol. I know PS+ has given me a few over the years.

Beating the Shenmue games is a matter of finally getting these off my list. It's been a long time coming.

Also, if Shenmue ends in another horrible cliffhanger I'll laugh and cry. There is no way Yu Suzuki ever gets a chance to make another one with how badly the third game flopped.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Mug4nMug4n Registered User new member
    I got my invite but I did not purchase it as a rash of xmas purchases for supplies, food, and presents put me in the hole. There's also a small amount of games in it I'd want to play in 4k rather than on a 240hz PC monitor. I'm hoping there is a PS5 pro at some point.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    axiq7abr1lt6.png
    That checks out. I did start a second playthrough right after I completed my first run, but ended up falling off eventually.
    8zolrj47vae0.png
    Literally half my playtime on PS5 this year was Elden Ring...and surprisingly Ghost only got 34 hours total. But I'm still tempted to download the PS5 version and do it all again!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options

Spider-Man 2: This Time There's 2 Spider-Mans hits Fall 2023

• Options
    Its wild to me that after this year hit so hard next year is looking to hit even harder.

Its a real good time to be a gamer.

• Options
    2023 is kinda insane even just looking at the games that specifically appeal to my tastes. I'm looking at 5 day-one purchases in the first half alone.

• Options

Spider-Man 2: This Time There's 2 Spider-Mans hits Fall 2023

Spider-Man II: Spider-Men

w5mflt0ttf6v.jpg