Options

Armored Core VI: Wow Cool Robot!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2023
    LCs/HCs might need some augmentation to pilot too, they seem close to ACs in agility and power. Just maybe not as extreme as the implied really brutal coral augmentation.

The regular MTs seem like the most likely to be useable by normal humams.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I forget what lines or text led me to this conclusion, but I think the augmentation isn't about reaction speeds or any direct upgrades to your performance, but rather just making it easier to work the neural interface. Like it's that thing some settings have where it's just hard to make your human mind control this non-human machine, and the augmentation is just about facilitating that.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Forum apparently did a whoopsy as I was trying to post so it got posted twice

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Yeah, from what I recall, the augmentations make things easier but are not required, as demonstrated by V.I freud, who is top rank in the arena, and whose pilot information indicates he is unaugmented, which must really grind the gears of V.II snail who apparently started at like gen6 and has been upgrading to the latest and greatest every time there's a breakthrough.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ZwO4U1i-4

spoilers for the whole game, but very good look into where & why a lot of the names for things in the game came from

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Good news! Bandai’s first AC Robot Damashi figure being shown off is
    Ayre’s SOL 644

k3y3ayqgrfcc.png

The bad news: it’s still only a display piece which means, given the history of Bandai display pieces, it might not actually go into production in the eventual line up that does happen

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Well. I think the
    Ibis
    fight might be as far as I am able to get. I can’t find a build that lets me stay mobile enough to apply damage while also having enough meat to survive unavoidable chip damage and inevitable mistakes.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Well. I think the
    Ibis
    fight might be as far as I am able to get. I can’t find a build that lets me stay mobile enough to apply damage while also having enough meat to survive unavoidable chip damage and inevitable mistakes.

Dual ducketts paired with arms that have good tracking and stability will absolutely demolish her stagger bar and you can use your favorite high damage weapon, if possible the pile bunker paired with a high melee range booster.

• Options
    I found that boss pretty tough no matter what build I tried

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    I'm not exactly a gameplay master in AC6 but managed to stomp that fight with the right loadout

Chainsaw is insane against anything you can actually hit with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Tqf_PiCHE

Kamar on
  • Options
    I found dual marksman rifles with missiles on a medium/light mech to be the easiest build for Ibis. It's not like, a build you'll stomp it with, but those rifles and missiles let you hang relatively far away while still being able to consistently hit it, giving you a lot more leeway to dodge its attacks. And that loadout doesn't have huge damage, but it does have okay damage, and with Ibis's relatively small health pool that's good enough. To eke out some more stagger punish damage, probably either make one of the marksman rifles the heavy railgun, or swap one of the shoulder missiles for a stun needle.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    I'm not exactly a gameplay master in AC6 but managed to stomp that fight with the right loadout

I …don’t believe I have the chainsaw, like, not available to buy even? I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen that device before.

_
  • Options

I …don’t believe I have the chainsaw, like, not available to buy even? I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen that device before.
    You've definitely seen it, at least. That pilot that you took Carla's rail cannon back from was using one. I think you can get the chainsaw from a crate in that mission?

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular

It's one of the three hidden parts in Eliminate "Honest" Brute (other two are the flamethrower and a booster).

• Options
    Huh. I found the other two, and I thought that was an embarrassment of riches. Time to go back through that mission - thanks for the pointer!

_
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    You can also just use the pilebunker for more or less the same "big dumb melee button you click on a stagger to do a billion damage" role.

cB557 on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    The main thing with Ibis is firing like crazy really makes it hard to hit. It's better to wait until it's animation locked with certain attacks and then punish it.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Don't forget that your arm weapons do more stagger damage if you're assault boosting. Do what @manwiththemachinegun said and wait for an opening, then boost straight at it's face and blow it away with your arm weapon, by the time you're in melee you should be close to stagger and ready to chainsaw/pile bunker it into the next phase.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I am going to be honest, i looked up the recommended build from PowerPyx and literally one shot every mission and arena fight in the game. And trust me, it was not due to an excess of skill. Now most of those parts have been nerfed, and it was needed, but you can still do the same thing. I know trying to come up with your own build to overcome a fight is a big part of the fun for some people, but don't get stuck because of it. Get the tank tread legs, the beefiest arms , head, and torso you can. Combine with dual stun needles and dual miniguns (the name escapes me). You might not get an A rank but you will finish the mission.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    So apparently Custom Mech Wars is out next week, the “Make your own absurdly/ridiculously custom mech and fight hordes of enemies” game from D3 (The EDF folks)

https://youtu.be/Nc0mYAxrWWU?feature=shared

The Ultimate Addition has a bunch of stuff with it, including four different voice actor cameos, the one of which that interests me most is, well, Nobuyiki Hiyama who you may remember, depending on exposure to his roles:

- Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho
    - Link from Ocarina of Time
    - Sanagayama from Kill La Kill
    - GUY SHISHIO FROM THE KING OF BRAVES GAOGAIGAR
    - Ikkaku from Bleach

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ok so my buddy who LOVES AC has been playing through this recently. He's been a mega fan since the PS1 games.

He made it to his 3rd run before he realized right stick lock on existed.

He's so used to the old school controls that he didn't even think anything of it haha.

• Options
    now that I think of it, I kinda wish there were some FCS parts or optional tuning toggle that turned off the lock on for fun. Don't make it give a performance boost or anything, just for fun.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Not using the lock-on already gives you better accuracy though?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Not using the lock-on already gives you better accuracy though?

Lock-on makes most things much, much easier.

I assume the best overall performance comes from turning it on and off pending the scenario.

The easy simple option is just having it on always.

• Options
    I mean an option to disable the camera lock on system completely without giving you any other gameplay benefit than what is already baked in

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    now that I think of it, I kinda wish there were some FCS parts or optional tuning toggle that turned off the lock on for fun. Don't make it give a performance boost or anything, just for fun.

isn't that just the free aim mode in the OS tuning

• Options
    edited December 2023
    no, free aim mode is like, a first person aiming mode right? I haven't actually tried it but I thought it was like dark souls binoculars/aiming a bow mode

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    nah it sticks to the usual third person camera, just turns off the lock on.
    I think for a hot minute there using manual aim with the jamming grenade launcher and nebula charged shots was actually a meta build on PC, where people could use mouse aim.

cB557 on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So pretty big leak if true, a big updated is planned with new AC parts including back rack weapons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdNuGquUCJE

• Options
    https://youtu.be/OsL5dP-D1Oc?si=LFPcVaa9naM_x7j_

So the complete OST for AC6 releases in March, a three disc set where discs one and two feature all the tracks from the game and the third contains new arrange tracks from the game and previous AC Titles.

March 20th, 4400 yen

• Options
    Heh the buddy I was talking about earlier just told me he pre-ordered that the other day!

We were in Japan together 2 months ago. We were at a store that had like all the AC sound tracks but he had already spent too much and put them down despite saying he was gonna regret it.

As soon as he saw that go up he couldn't resist lol.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1dgCe1jDYg

Ranked PVP, as well as new maps, new AC parts and weapons (from the leak last week)

• Options
    4a6c0aed9ca73610a7e647633e37dc07d2bca1ef.pnj

• Options
    edited December 2023
    spoilers for Ace Combat 7 (minor, music) and Armored Core 6 (Chapter 4 boss)

Naphtali on
  • Options
    AdventAdvent Registered User regular
    I do appreciate the new frame parts allowing for some interesting build options. Dual needles and hua ben on light reverse joints is fun.

• Options
    Oh dang, only just noticed something weird and neat about the way charge weapons work. I figured if you release a shot when you've only partially completed the charge, you were basically just giving that charge up, it appeared to start depleting immediately and so quickly as to be all but instant. But it seems like it actually only starts depleting when your next shot is ready to fire, and if you start holding down the trigger before then you won't lose any charge at all, you'll just get right back to charging as soon as the next shot's ready. Moreover, you still shed weapon heat while holding a charge. So with energy weapons, rather than having to just cease fire to shed heat, you can instead use that time to steadily build charge between shots.

As well as charge not beginning to deplete immediately, I was also wrong about it emptying almost immediately when it begins depleting. Seems like how fast you lose charge is proportional to how fast you gain it. With stuff like the heavier laser rifles it still depletes fairly fast, but far from instantly. Seems to me like if you're careful, you could alternate between building and losing charge between shots to keep yourself relatively close to a full charge, so that you can have it quickly reachable when the opponent gives you something you can punish with that charge.

Almost all of my time with charge weapons has been with the marksman rifles, so it's only now when I'm trying the second laser rifle on a build that all this suddenly became real obvious. I assume this is all old news to anyone actually clued into PvP meta talk or anysuch.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    as I was waxing about in the holiday forum, HOLY SHIT I can't believe I slept on this game. Every mission is more fun than the last as I learn how to get good at the movement.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited January 4
    Actually, question though:

I haven't invested in a shield for my left shoulder yet. So I'm using the rocket launchers on both shoulders. I've noticed if I'm in the air, and I start trying to hold down both shoulder bumpers to do a big lockon blitz, I start speeding through the air. Is this intentional or did I fuck something up in the PS5 controller settings somehow?

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Are you accidentally pressing in the left control stick and starting an Assault Boost?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 4
    Are you accidentally pressing in the left control stick and starting an Assault Boost?

Nope, I've gotten quite adept at intentionally using that.

edit: I suppose it won't make a difference soon either way, using 2 missile launchers is just temporary till I get something more unique for the left

Raiden333 on