Options

Armored Core VI: Wow Cool Robot!

1363738394042»

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Are you accidentally pressing in the left control stick and starting an Assault Boost?

Nope, I've gotten quite adept at intentionally using that.

edit: I suppose it won't make a difference soon either way, using 2 missile launchers is just temporary till I get something more unique for the left
    I don't see any control settings for an RB+LB input, so it's not some weird input with that. Could be you're accidentally pressing LT and doing a melee attack or X and doing a quick boost? But I think you'd describe those two as "doing a melee attack" or "doing a quick boost" respectively, rather than "speeding through the air." Honestly my guess is that you probably are accidentally clicking LS and doing an assault boost and just not realizing it.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Are you accidentally pressing in the left control stick and starting an Assault Boost?

Nope, I've gotten quite adept at intentionally using that.

edit: I suppose it won't make a difference soon either way, using 2 missile launchers is just temporary till I get something more unique for the left

well no idea what's happening then, pressing weapon buttons isn't an alternate way to start an assault boost that I know of

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    this might come as no surprise from someone whose internet namesake somes from VR Raiden in Virtual On...
    but I have unlocked the shoulder mounted laser cannons and THEY ARE CIVILIZATION

I kept hearing about and seeing clips about how the first real boss, in Operation Wallclimber, is a big filter to a lot of players
    MOTHERFUCKER NEVER KILLED ME ONCE, I SMOKED HIS ASS

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    I wouldn't call the wall climber guy a big give up point actually, the tutorial helicopter and the next big boss are much more so...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I wouldn't call the wall climber guy a big give up point actually, the tutorial helicopter and the next big boss are much more so...
    mild spoilers, in that it has the name of the end of chapter 1(I think? I don't remember if wallclimber was a chapter end) boss in it.
    91hcagiit8en.jpg

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    this might come as no surprise from someone whose internet namesake somes from VR Raiden in Virtual On...
    but I have unlocked the shoulder mounted laser cannons and THEY ARE CIVILIZATION

I kept hearing about and seeing clips about how the first real boss, in Operation Wallclimber, is a big filter to a lot of players
    MOTHERFUCKER NEVER KILLED ME ONCE, I SMOKED HIS ASS

oh you sweet summer child

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I unlocked the arena and my mind completely blanked out the entire concept of missions until I made sure every single arena enemy available was put into the cold, cold ground.

...This is gonna be a pattern, isn't it?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    I unlocked the arena and my mind completely blanked out the entire concept of missions until I made sure every single arena enemy available was put into the cold, cold ground.

...This is gonna be a pattern, isn't it?

What you may really enjoy is that some of the arena combatants are ACs/pilots you will encounter and it’s entirely possible if you’re “working ahead” on the arena list to meet (and body) their arena incarnation before you are introduced to them in the game’s narrative.

“Why is the new guy, 621 or whatever, smirking at me like that? Doesn’t he know I’m [redacted], leader of [redacted]!?”

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    And also cool because the arena will lull you into false security. The real pilots are much, much harder unless you have a cookie cutter build for melee one shotting or something.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Huh, Etsujin seems pretty solid post-patch. Like not just something you take because the arms you wanna use for your double trigger build can't quite handle Ludlow recoil, but something you might actually take for its own characteristics. It's got slightly more sustained DPS and uptime than the Ludlow now. It's still slightly worse than the Ludlow in most other metrics, but only slightly.

The Ludlow's still probably the right choice most of the time, what with MG sustained DPS generally being less valuable than MG burst DPS or MG accumulative impact buildup and the ludlow being lighter, taking less EN, and having better range. But the Etsujin still has its low recoil thing going for it, so along with having a thing that it actually does better than the Ludlow I'll probably be throwing it onto some builds. Honestly I think the Etsujin just looks a bit cooler than the Ludlow so I've been waiting for an excuse.

Oh yeah it did also get a projectile speed buff, but I don't know what its actual speed is, or the Ludlow's speed for that matter, so I can't really say anything about that. Pretty sure the community does know the exact projectile speeds in this game, I should probably look that up sometime.

• Options
    etsujin is basically replacing viento's role now (or at least, you need to really play on the ball to make vientos work as well as they did pre-1.06)

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    etsujin is basically replacing viento's role now (or at least, you need to really play on the ball to make vientos work as well as they did pre-1.06)
    Really? I'd always figured Viento's role as being just incredibly fast impact buildup, particulary its burst. While its sustained buildup is obviously worse now, it's still like 50% higher than the Etsujin's, and its burst buildup is still like 2.5x higher. The Etsujin seems to be about slower but more consistent buildup and damage with a longer effective range, they don't seem to really compete to me.

Ah wait, are you getting the Etsujin MG mixed up with the Sampu, the pistol that got buffed this patch?

• Options
    no I am not, etsujins are very solid alternatives to vientos in place of them in a bvo-like setup.. sampus still have too much recoil issues so you can't run bashos for the melee swap.

• Options
    For the longest time I've avoided using any generator with a longer recharge delay than like, the VP-20C, and even gave the 20C's delay some side-eye. I figured this game is incredibly fast paced, if I have to stay grounded and not dashing for even just like a second and a half to recover, that's all someone needs to rip my soul out of my body. But now that I've happened to try out some of the longer-delay generators on some build I'm finally realizing that like, half the time when I'm going to recharge I need to fall for like two seconds before I land anyway. I feel so goofy for only catching onto that now.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Picked this up off the sale finally.

Finished chapter 2 so far. Some bosses are more annoying than others. (Yes, the chopper took me a few tries, etc).

...does anyone have preferred missions to farm credits on, or just kind of keep pressing on?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I liked bullying the trainee AC mission from early in chapter 1, it's super quick for a decent payout.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Picked this up off the sale finally.

Finished chapter 2 so far. Some bosses are more annoying than others. (Yes, the chopper took me a few tries, etc).

...does anyone have preferred missions to farm credits on, or just kind of keep pressing on?

I keep wrecking the Strider, it does’t take very long and pays $texas.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    I'd keep pressing on unless there's something you super want to use immediately.

• Options
    Yeah, I ended up pressing on and started raking it in more. Though I did go back to the Strider run and S rank it in one shot. ...Dual laser cannons at full charge tore apart the final target hilariously fast.

The main thing I wanted was just the Firmeza parts though, and the body components are all so expensive compared to weapons. Also regretting not buying the Scudder sooner, because dual wielding those has been very effective. It doesn't seem like there's much in the way of straight upgrades for weapons so much as sidegrades? Some of the shield stuff seems like straight upgrades. (But... I was never thinking about them and then just started putting on more missiles instead and was happier)

One other question - how do the electric/fire weapons work? I assume they're inflicting status conditions, but I'm unsure what exactly those do.

• Options
    edited February 19
    the shields all have their tradeoffs, some have better damage blocking within the perfect guard window, some have longer perfect guard windows, some have worse perfect guard blocking but better blocking after the perfect guard is over compared to the other shields, etc.
    I don't think there's any parts that are truly completely useless, even if it's just being lighter weight and lower energy load to fine tune your performance.

as for conditions:
    electric condition is like bleed in souls games, once the bar fills you take a large chunk of damage
    fire condition greatly increases how much stagger damage you take, making you get stunned easily

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited February 19
    Ice worm is bullshit. Getting the last opening on it took FOREVER for it to line up right.

And now I have so many new toys to buy.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Ice worm is bullshit. Getting the last opening on it took FOREVER for it to line up right.

And now I have so many new toys to buy.

Bandai’s supposed to start rolling out kits this year so soon that might be literal too

• Options
    Power of long weekends leads to getting the first ending already.

Also, I had to retry the fight a couple times because the first time around was a simultaneous kill, which was funny.

Money flows so much smoother at this point, but still lots of toys I haven't tried yet (especially the heavier stuff that unlocked late in the game). Found the moonlight sword but the enemies around it were a massive pita (at least they're ALL hunt targets? Or perhaps dammit they're also all hunt targets)

• Options
    Power of long weekends leads to getting the first ending already.

Also, I had to retry the fight a couple times because the first time around was a simultaneous kill, which was funny.

Money flows so much smoother at this point, but still lots of toys I haven't tried yet (especially the heavier stuff that unlocked late in the game). Found the moonlight sword but the enemies around it were a massive pita (at least they're ALL hunt targets? Or perhaps dammit they're also all hunt targets)
    Tip for those enemies:
    The big thing that makes them so hard to kill is that your shots deflect except at extremely close ranges. However, explosive weapons never deflect. Take a missile boat loadout and they become much easier.

• Options
    edited February 22
    It is a lot easier to S rank the first mission when the stupid helicopter isn't flying outside of the area I'm allowed to move in (and thus denying me juicy melee hits)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Bandai just today had a showcase of their 30 MINUTES LABEL model line, including the reveal of their AC6 sets!

RaD CC-2000 ORBITER, AC "Nightfall".

SCHNEIDER NACHTREIHE/40E, AC "Steel Haze".

Weapon Set 1.

(please Twitter embeds would you please work again)

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Just copy the images out of the tweets, do not make monkey paw wishes

w00iyd7c3izx.jpg

nltw2xppyam8.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 22
    The new AC6 OST released and the bonus disk slaaaaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2HB4Jsgkkc

AMEN, AMEN, GOSPEL, AMEN.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2HB4Jsgkkc

Does it have a version of Carmina Burana with the serial number filed offthe AC4 Overture?

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    i'm so bummed I didn't preorder it, seems like its out of stock and only scalpers have it up for sale now

• Options
    Syngyne wrote: »

Does it have a version of Carmina Burana with the serial number filed offthe AC4 Overture?

Some remixes of games across the series. I would check out the rest of the channel because they're all top tier.

• Options
    Presented for your consideration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JefScMh4x4

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    the gallagher mk 2