Options

William Gibson predicted the downfall of [Twitter] in one of his books, right?

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Because we don't reliably test for COVID, people are frequently diagnosed with post-covid syndrome without ever having a positive test. So there are theoretical false positives, but there's a reason for that

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I feel like he's making that comparison because he's one of those people who goes "No it's not a paradox because as soon as X% of the ship is replaced that's a new ship, duh."

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    a man who surrounds himself with people that tell him he is right does not care if he is wrong

propaganda is more powerful than any bomb. if one cannot disable the weapon then one must disable the wielder

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    If you’re going to have stupid fucking castle doctrine laws, then you might as well make the pigs valid targets.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Pretty sure this is meant for not cops

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty sure this is meant for not cops

it is explicitly meant for cops

indiana already had a castle doctrine law

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    The thing about cops is they love to make illegal midnight no-knock raids into wrong houses and get very upset when the innocent and bewildered residents shoot at them.

Assuming the innocent and bewildered person doesn't immediately die in a hail of return gunfire they probably get arrested for trying to shoot a cop that kicked their door in at 2 am and never identified themselves as cops.

So yeah. Stand Your Ground laws should also include cops.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Feels like one of those cognitive dissonance things where they were writing it thinking of the IRS or the ATF or what have you and only after the fact connected that to cops

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Cops aren't used to the law applying to them, they're very special! Stupid bastards

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Cops will be like "we had to shoot him in his own house, we thought he was about to shoot us for being in his house!"

oh wait I guess they already do that.

• Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    If it’s a lawful and authority minding legitimate official then the homeowner can sense that. This only affects people who don’t love Freedom.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    also police still have qualified immunity, so if they shoot someone and it turns out they shouldn't have it's like "whoooooooops"

if you're a homeowner and shoot a cop because you think they were overstepping their authority but then it turns out they weren't because Judges/juries believe cops' lies, you got no protection because you should have made a split-second legal analysis of the situation and now you're a cop-killer and the justice system is gonna squash you good.

• Options
    anyway, Elon continues to break his own record for most divorced man

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Is it still Theseus's ship if a bunch of people make a ship and then he gets a court to force them to call it the Ship of Theseus?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    They keep calling new kids 'human' because they get more social services than if not.

That's why I call us the Apes of Theseus. How many DNA changes are required before we're *not* human?

Brb plucking a chicken

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    ship of theseus NUTZ

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    A VC funded app based system for hiring scab workers called TheseUs

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If you’re going to have stupid fucking castle doctrine laws, then you might as well make the pigs valid targets.

The cops shouldn't have anything to worry about as long as they follow the law, right?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    If cops aren't civilians and they aren't public servants and they aren't the military then they're just an armed gang wielding the law without accountability

oh wait

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

The number of protesters on both sides is growing.

The number of armed protesters is growing too.

The anti-fascist and LGBTQ rights supporters side has more people and guns at the moment. As seen here, a group carrying guns arrived a little while ago.

It’s about an hour before the Christmas drag show starts. Both sides have grown quite a bit, but the LGBTQ side far outnumbers the far-right protestors side by about 4 to 1.

this is why they will never take my hope, my fight from me. i'm not special; we all are. those that benefit from telling us we're alone will find out just how wrong they are

it sucks that we have to fight, but when i feel defeated i have to make myself remember we're in this together. they can't defeat us all

edit: whoops wrong thread

I saw this last night and meant to post it. The whole thing is so funny cause right-wing chuds always think that anti-fascists/leftists won't use weapons

Y'all second amendment rights apply to everyone better figure that out

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

That appears to be less “just in” than the post implies.

Mitch Daniels hasn’t been governor since 2013.

• Options
    elonjet has been banned because elon is a petulant shitbaby

also, holy shit

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

That appears to be less “just in” than the post implies.

Mitch Daniels hasn’t been governor since 2013.

What, you expect the cops to just... Know all the laws or somethin? That shits hard to keep up with. Sometimes it take 10 years just to learn about new laws

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    He also banned elonjets creator as well.

hyzc7p9s7dt9.jpg

What a jagoff.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    John Green dunking on his Twitter haters.
    oy9a3f9aurga.jpeg
    dwjt80f4k1nz.jpeg
    cmsoqkanva29.jpeg
    8ra2kk3m6qan.jpeg
    Edit

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Jokerman wrote: »
    He also banned elonjets creator as well.

What a jagoff.

Also banned his other account @CelebJets which tracked other celebrities private jets with publicly available information

Elon's getting more brazen with his grudges. Which isn't really a surprise, because there's literally nothing stopping him other than hypocrisy (lol, lmao)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

This would be funnier if he didn't write a really bad book though

• Options
    My blood pressure is rising. Gonna go touch some yule tide grass.

r1ifu14hhd9s.jpeg

Spooky pic for the way out.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

This would be funnier if he didn't write a really bad book though

I generally mostly like John Green (as a YouTube/TikTok personality), but it’s also kind of telling that I don’t immediately know which of his books you’re talking about.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    John Green books whiff rotten anus

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

lmao you can bypass the filter just be adding some garbage values to the url at the end, what a bunch of clowns.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Musk's fundamental problem is he wants to be King Poster but the internet is populated by feral jackals that recognize no god.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Musk's fundamental problem is he wants to be King Poster but the internet is populated by feral jackals that recognize no god.

excuse me

Technoking Poster

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

The anti-fascist and LGBTQ rights supporters side has more people and guns at the moment. As seen here, a group carrying guns arrived a little while ago.

It’s about an hour before the Christmas drag show starts. Both sides have grown quite a bit, but the LGBTQ side far outnumbers the far-right protestors side by about 4 to 1.

this is why they will never take my hope, my fight from me. i'm not special; we all are. those that benefit from telling us we're alone will find out just how wrong they are

it sucks that we have to fight, but when i feel defeated i have to make myself remember we're in this together. they can't defeat us all

I saw this last night and meant to post it. The whole thing is so funny cause right-wing chuds always think that anti-fascists/leftists won't use weapons

Well, until we start defending ourselves and then, weirdly, a whole bunch of gun control laws start coming in.

Didn’t WA state introduce legislation recently introduce a law that the sheriff gets to review every gun licence application?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Yeah, iirc Black Panthers saw the NRA suddenly being pro gun control.

In a world where I had a magic wand, I’d much rather no one had any guns but, given the real world situation, having an equal level of armament to those that wish you harm is the only sane play, really.

I still haven’t taken the move to gun ownership myself but, it seems a progressively more favorable move each day.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

Well, until we start defending ourselves and then, weirdly, a whole bunch of gun control laws start coming in.

Didn’t WA state introduce legislation recently introduce a law that the sheriff gets to review every gun licence application?

I think you're thinking of Measure 114 in Oregon, though WA might have also introduced similar legislation

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

It the Musk Jet Instagram link block literally just a String.indexOf() search?

Couscous on
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

It the Musk Jet Instagram link block literally just a String.indexOf() search?

As someone who works with regex on the daily…

fk1356kf2pp6.png

This discussion has been closed.