As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Repetition

SuperJaySS4SuperJaySS4 Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Artist's Corner
Hello friendly people,

I am just starting to draw...well I've been drawing since I was a kid, I mean, who hasn't? But I mean, I just recently started trying to do something with drawing. Instead of just doodling, I am actually trying to draw out a whole story...or a joke. Either way, I am having problems with repeating the looks of characters. Like, I draw him/her out in one scene, and in the next one, when I try to draw the same character, they don't really look the same anymore. The body is not that bad, but I mean, just looking at the face, you would think I was trying to draw twins or something. They look similar, but different. Anyone have any tips on how to improve on that?

I can only be who I am, but how I can be what I do not know?
SuperJaySS4 on

• Options
    flyingmonkeyflyingmonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Draw the character or characters over and over again. Different poses, different expressions, emotions etc. The character isn't going to come out looking the same until it becomes part of your drawing style. Fill up some pages with sketches of the character(s).

flyingmonkey on
    3. And quit this emo-slumming shit. Fuck.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The Questions and Advice thread might be a better thread for this.

Brolo on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Rolo, your avatar scares me.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Rolo, your avatar scares me.

Ooh! Ooh! You know the kid with the upside down head on Family Guy who's Tom Tucker's son? Yeah, well maybe Britney is his mom!

Tam on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Im not a girl
    Not yet a woman
    All I need is h'nglui
    mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah'nagl
    fhtagn

Brolo on
This discussion has been closed.