As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IT'S MY TIME!...to make the [Wrestling Thread]

19495969798100»

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    AEW fans seem to be more vocal with chants and stuff, so I can only imagine how amazing 40-80k of them going in unison will sound.

UK fans are also way better at chants. We should finally get Danielson's "You're going to get your fucking head kicked in!" chant going.

What's the tempo to that? So many syllables!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    AEW fans seem to be more vocal with chants and stuff, so I can only imagine how amazing 40-80k of them going in unison will sound.

UK fans are also way better at chants. We should finally get Danielson's "You're going to get your fucking head kicked in!" chant going.

https://youtu.be/bjAF2DZ7_Is
    (jump to 4:30)

Best I could find. Not very...catchy.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »

https://youtu.be/bjAF2DZ7_Is
    (jump to 4:30)

Best I could find. Not very...catchy.

Agreed. I don't love it

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    According to TK they are now at 43k tickets sold so they have now outsold WCW at the Georgia Dome

bloodyroarxx on
    Also confirmed Dark and Elevation are now done for the time being

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Wait, what??!??!?

Twitch: Thawmus83
    Thawmus wrote: »

Wait, what??!??!?

The lack of unsupervised Excalibur and Taz commentary will be missed

ThawmusAndy JoePerrsunMagellCrippl3AzraithReynoldsKreutzMNC DoverMs DapperPwnanObrienGoose!CelloLBD_NytetraynGimastrobstrd
    I'm trying to parse what the fuck it means when they say they'll be exclusively on WBD.

I seriously fucking hate trying to interpret shit all the fucking time. Are they coming off TNT and TBS? Are they staying on? Are they going to be on HBO Max?

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I don’t think I needed both Dark and Elevation every week, but I’d sure like 1 of them to stay. And yeah, I’ll def miss Remix Jones.

ThawmusAndy JoeCrippl3KreutzMNC DoverPwnanObrienLBD_Nytetrayn

I imagine we'll be seeing more of this with Dark and Elevation going bye-bye.

I'm trying to parse what the fuck it means when they say they'll be exclusively on WBD.

I seriously fucking hate trying to interpret shit all the fucking time. Are they coming off TNT and TBS? Are they staying on? Are they going to be on HBO Max?

Means stations owned by WBD

So no YouTube

Thawmus

So no YouTube

I see.

I guess I'm still holding out hope that they put their shit on a streaming platform somewhere, or let us watch PPV's on Max or something.

Watching their YouTube content is like 99% of my AEW consumption so I dunno maybe the product will just die for me, personally, with this decision.

burboMNC Dover
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited May 2023

I imagine we'll be seeing more of this with Dark and Elevation going bye-bye.

I am surprised by that, she's been around forever and I can't imagine her contract was expensive either.

AlphaRomero on
    Andy JoeThawmusPerrsunSweeney TomPwnanObrien
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023

So no YouTube

I see.

I guess I'm still holding out hope that they put their shit on a streaming platform somewhere, or let us watch PPV's on Max or something.

Watching their YouTube content is like 99% of my AEW consumption so I dunno maybe the product will just die for me, personally, with this decision.

I think once Max launches there's a good chance it will be on there.

Magell on
    SproutAndy Joe
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    It'll at least make the line shows shorter.

I can't imagine sitting through Elevation, Dark, Dynamite and Rampage

Dark gets taped in Florida, IIRC, everything else is on the road.

But also, sitting through Elevation, Dynamite, and then Rampage, is pretty awesome, the one time I've done it.

Sprout
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the preshow stuff will probably happen anyway because you gotta warm the crowd for dynamite, it just wont go to youtube anymore (which is unfortunate, for aforementioned Taz/Excaliber related reasons)

This discussion has been closed.