As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IT'S MY TIME!...to make the [Wrestling Thread]

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    AEW puts out like 4+ shirts a week so if they used AI to make a few im not going to condemn them. I’d rather they didn’t though

Strong disagree

hailtothekale on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    You're about to get a $52mil check for a new TV show, hire and pay real artists ffs

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Tony Khan is a literal billionaire, he can pay people to design hideous wrestling shirts by hand

It's a sacred art damnit

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Like, I'm a huge AEW fan and I love wrestling shirts, but I've never bought a single AEW shirt because they don't look good and they are prowrestling tees which aren't very good quality

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    absolutely no reason AEW can't hire designers and even if they somehow couldn't, AI art isn't the fucking answer

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I was not expecting MJF and Sammy to be an absolute delight together, but here we are.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I was expecting Kyle, but boy, doesn't that tell you how much WWE didn't care about Strong that nobody knew he wasn't under contract.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I really want Statlander to beat Jade but if she's still hurt, Taya doing it would be fantastic. Just tired of the undefeated thing at this point.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Fuck AI art but is there any indication that that or any of their shirts are actually AI generated, or is that one random comment literally the only evidence?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I used to think Jade was improving but at some point she plateau'd really hard, this match is her being a half step behind Taya the whole way, just blowing basic timings.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Jade’s hit the point where not being able to lose is holding her back and making her less interesting than she could be. Have her drop the title and then go away for a while. Let her do the Japan tour she’s expressed interest in. It’ll make her a more complete performer.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Don’t know how that didn’t end in a DQ and them doing the rematch at the PPV.

She needs what Saraya needs which is to be free of the belt and have matches on Dark all the time to get in more reps. Nobody can learn wrestling that fast with so few matches.

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    facetious wrote: »
    Fuck AI art but is there any indication that that or any of their shirts are actually AI generated, or is that one random comment literally the only evidence?

If you look at the design there are a number of fairly telltale signs (Uno's fingers on the design are all fucked up, his gloves/wrist wraps bleed into his hands, and his mask connects to his vest like Batman's cowl in a way that it........ shouldn't being the most egregious). The exact kind of "mouths and hands" details AI famously struggles with, especially when you factor in masks.

It's possible it was human-made, maybe, but if it was, it was a human with poor understanding of fabrics and anatomy who is doing an especially AI-esque job.

Dex Dynamo on
    411Randle wrote: »
    I was expecting Kyle, but boy, doesn't that tell you how much WWE didn't care about Strong that nobody knew he wasn't under contract.

The last update on him a month ago was he was still contracted and was denied his release request, just not being used https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-update-on-roderick-strong-s-wwe-status

The match just sort of ended with a wet fart. If you want it to end with a screw job, fine, but make it actually look like something Taya couldn't escape. That just looked terrible.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

If you look at the design there are a number of fairly telltale signs (Uno's fingers on the design are all fucked up, his gloves/wrist wraps bleed into his hands, and his mask connects to his vest like Batman's cowl in a way that it........ shouldn't being the most egregious). The exact kind of "mouths and hands" details AI famously struggles with, especially when you factor in masks.

It's possible it was human-made, maybe, but if it was, it was a human with poor understanding of fabrics and anatomy who is doing an especially AI-esque job.

People have posted the art that some of the shirts seem to draw from

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Not really evidence other than everyone has to become some level of detective for this shit now.
    To begin with when did Uno become like Miro style big? Why is one pec way larger than the other?
    His mask is like directly connected to his jacket, has like no eyes, the teeth can’t really figure out which set are on top. Dude’s hairline looks like it goes down directly to his eyebrows.

The jacket looks like it has a blurry set of numbers at the top followed beneath by like, a computer motherboard? I don’t know what that is supposed to be.

That said he should totally make a cleaned up version of this mask.

Uno's sort of looks inspired by Pirahna from the old arcade Mat Mania/Exciting Hour game just with horns instead of a mohawk.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

See, and this is where AI art fails to pass the Turing test because you can give it this feedback like you would a freelancer and it'll just keep giving you back images of Tetsuo The Iron Man looking abominations of flesh and gear with warped physiology that looks like it would be in constant pain. It doesn't understand perspective it can draw lines real good. It doesn't know anatomy it just recognizes the general pattern of muscles and inserts them in a way that looks like they might tie together right without context for how they allow a body to move. So you get things like vagina armpits and melted hotdog fingers.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • burboburbo Registered User regular

See, and this is where AI art fails to pass the Turing test because you can give it this feedback like you would a freelancer and it'll just keep giving you back images of Tetsuo The Iron Man looking abominations of flesh and gear with warped physiology that looks like it would be in constant pain. It doesn't understand perspective it can draw lines real good. It doesn't know anatomy it just recognizes the general pattern of muscles and inserts them in a way that looks like they might tie together right without context for how they allow a body to move. So you get things like vagina armpits and melted hotdog fingers.

The back half of this post sounds judt like my spec script for the sequel to Everything Everywhere All At Once.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    AEW puts out like 4+ shirts a week so if they used AI to make a few im not going to condemn them. I’d rather they didn’t though

i am!!

7656367.jpg
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I smell an AI vs human artist wrestler storyline in the works, with the AI being some guy in a robot suit

the winner gets the new AEW t-shirt contract

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    wait wait wait wait

ai-ew

7656367.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I smell an AI vs human artist wrestler storyline in the works, with the AI being some guy in a robot suit

wait wait wait wait

ai-ew

Tony, we know you or someone who works for you are listening. Make this happen.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Jesus the Dynamite/ROH tapings are still going

AEW should let Lee Moriarty design their merch. He does his own stuff and I have two of his shirts not just because I'm a big fan of his wrestling, but his shirts look cool as fuck. He already works for you so just give him some extra cash to design shirts as well.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

wait wait wait wait

ai-ew

Tony, we know you or someone who works for you are listening. Make this happen.

Ethan Page please relay this message

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Like, I'm a huge AEW fan and I love wrestling shirts, but I've never bought a single AEW shirt because they don't look good and they are prowrestling tees which aren't very good quality

I have one, that being the Adam Page vs. Ken Masters shirt, since I like both and I dug the art.

This honestly sounds fun AF, and like something I'd have expected to see on their programming a couple of years ago.

Better than the Uno shirt.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    AEW got Roddy’s good theme, which is all I needed to see.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited April 2023
    BOSJ lineup this year

A Block: Hiromu, Taguchi, DOUKI, Ishimori, SHO, TJP, Titan, KUSHIDA, Lio Rush and Speedball
    B Block: Desperado, Wato, YOH, Kanemaru, BUSHI, Connors, Eagles, Akira, Kevin Knight and Dan Moloney

Happy to see Speedball catching their eye from his Mania weekend collab

Sweeney Tom on
    Awesome for Speedball

Was hoping to see more international talent tho

:neutral:

Never going to get Dan in the G1 I feel

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I have a Best Friends shirt (which I got at the same time as a Bullet Club shirt)

Disappointed in the quality though, compared to the WWE shirts I bought in like 2016 they're not holding up well in the wash at all

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Cello wrote: »
    I have a Best Friends shirt (which I got at the same time as a Bullet Club shirt)

Disappointed in the quality though, compared to the WWE shirts I bought in like 2016 they're not holding up well in the wash at all

The Pro Wrestling Tees are pretty mediocre quality shirts. They're lighter than the WWE shirts, but the print on them has a short shelf life. I tend to stick to wrestlers who use a different company to print their shirts. I miss the Tiger Driver guys, love my Alex Shelley shirt I got through them.

Speaking of merch - I think it's absolutely amazing that A.) MJF Pickles are really a thing and B.) You have the handy option of financing them.

jnh33b5xi8vv.png

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    $70 for 4 jars of pickles, jfc

Almost as disappointing as the MJF crypto he started last year.

Twitch: Thawmus83
This discussion has been closed.