As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IT'S MY TIME!...to make the [Wrestling Thread]

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

What do you mean?

That looks awesome.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

What do you mean?

That looks awesome.

I think he's referring to the previous page AI generated t-shirt design discussion.

It also doesn't really look like Kenny at all.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    $70 for 4 jars of pickles, jfc

Almost as disappointing as the MJF crypto he started last year.

It's actually $70 for 3 jars of pickles. Crazy enough - the company's non-MJF pickles are already $18.75/jar for that size, so he's only marked them up about $5 each if you buy the variety pack. I'm not ordering any, but I do think it's a pretty high-quality product.

Edit: That shirt looks more like Cyber-Richard Branson.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I love pickles, I don't fucking 20 dollar love pickles

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    It doesn't really look AI generated to me. I'm not contending they haven't done it or that it isn't shitty or that this isn't AI generated, it just doesn't look to me like it is.

But also I really fucking hate this, because trying to figure out if art is AI or not is this new ethical responsibility put upon consumers and sure sometimes I can tell but obviously sometimes I can't.

Easy decision here is to just boycott their shit until they publicly address the problem.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    It doesn't really look AI generated to me. I'm not contending they haven't done it or that it isn't shitty or that this isn't AI generated, it just doesn't look to me like it is.

But also I really fucking hate this, because trying to figure out if art is AI or not is this new ethical responsibility put upon consumers and sure sometimes I can tell but obviously sometimes I can't.

Easy decision here is to just boycott their shit until they publicly address the problem.

Zoom in on (Wish) Kenny's forehead or the collar of the jacket and it's very apparent

Same with Uno's weird ass cowl and his disjointed pecs

Neither of them even really look like the actual people, which a real artist would probably at least attempt

... anyway even if I liked MJF I think I'd pay for local pickles instead of 20 American Dollars for pickles with a label I could print off, at that budget

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i would think it looked like shit even if it wasn't ai generated, honestly

7656367.jpg
    Okay the more I'm looking at it the more I'm seeing it. Sorry I guess I don't have a keen eye for this shit and I find the whole thing depressing as fuck because it's not just AEW I gotta worry about, going forward.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Preacher wrote: »
    I love pickles, I don't fucking 20 dollar love pickles

The good thing about the craft pickle boom is that pickles are incredibly easy to make as long as you have patience and a little extra fridge space, so you can pretty much replicate any wacky flavor you see for sale! I'm totally making that honey mustard variety this season.

hailtothekale on
    Making our own pickles and pickled asparagus and pickled eggs and salsa and relish is one of the first things my wife and I started doing together when we started dating. It's an extremely rewarding hobby, especially once you get a recipe you love, as you end up making way too much for yourselves and can share with others.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I’m assuming that being overpriced is part of the joke

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4urSRws_mg0

Finally some good content from the content mill.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

Momo Kohgo had an entire human land on her head and had to be dragged out of the ring then stretchered out of the arena this past weekend, I sure hope she's ok for this. :( (I think it was her anyway)

akirasig.jpg
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    This is absolutely incredible to listen to

bloodyroarxx on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Sol Ruca tore her ACL last week, making her the 8th woman on the brand currently out with an ACL tear

The last strength+conditioning coach for NXT talent overfocused on drills that historically stressed out talent's knees making them prone to injury. Reportedly the replacement/current coach changed things up and now has them overfocusing on heavy lifting, which...also tends to stress out knees making them prone to injury

FuzFCVkWwAQjEcW?format=png&name=small

Other NXT injuries within the last six days include Indi Hartwell and Grayson Waller

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Remember a few years ago, when everyone in NXT had their shoulders melt? Fun times.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Sol Ruca tore her ACL last week, making her the 8th woman on the brand currently out with an ACL tear

The last strength+conditioning coach for NXT talent overfocused on drills that historically stressed out talent's knees making them prone to injury. Reportedly the replacement/current coach changed things up and now has them overfocusing on heavy lifting, which...also tends to stress out knees making them prone to injury

FuzFCVkWwAQjEcW?format=png&name=small

Other NXT injuries within the last six days include Indi Hartwell and Grayson Waller

I can only ID like 3 of the women in that tweet. EDIT: Oh I missed the part in the text that said a few hadn't had debuts yet.

And yeah Indi caught a dive Tuesday night and her ankle folded wrong. Not sure what happened to Waller but I assume it was the same night.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Waller injured himself doing his finisher, so they ended that match early, apparently

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    It probably doesn't help that women are more likely to suffer ACL injuries than men, but yeah that's not a great trend.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    yeah, I suppose at some point you have to look at the training regimen and figure out if there's a correlation

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I honestly really love the UCC so yeah I'll do another GCW show.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck a ZSJ and Nick Gage match looks like. Such a style clash.

I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck a ZSJ and Nick Gage match looks like. Such a style clash.

It's going to be really bad, and I'm excited to watch it.

Roderick Strong’s WWE deal actually expired in November of last year. Since WWE does not announce NXT departures and it wasn’t a release but a contract ending, it flew under the radar.

The debut was timed for after Adam Cole’s return and locally in Florida (where he lives) to prevent Strong from being spotted traveling.

It was also noted that Roderick Strong’s NXT departure was “so under the radar, he was listed on WWE.com well after he debuted for AEW.” Roddy Strong made his AEW debut at his own pace, after he took several months off to heal after being “banged up” for the last run of his NXT career.

The report went on to say that Roderick Strong and AEW “had been quietly talking for some time about him coming in and came to a deal.” They also kept him hidden backstage prior to his AEW debut on Dynamite.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

ZSJ will tape a pizza cutter to his calf before locking in the armbreaker.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Roman is staying on Smackdown, meaning the new title will be a Raw title.

Before the draft: The new title is actually earmarked for Seth, Cody’s story with Roman isn’t done yet

The draft: Cody and Roman on separate brands and the new title exclusively on Cody’s brand

The reality:

Adrenaline in my soul
    SaudiMania
    Cody Rhodes

I reserve the right to correct this if they do a double turn and re draft Cody to SD on Monday

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

Remember that Bloodsport where Gage fought Killer Kross and came out swinging punches, and after 90 seconds Kross said fuck this and made him tap out in a sleeper?

I imagine it will be something like that except ZSJ probably won't get on the mic afterwards and call out Bautista.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular

Remember that Bloodsport where Gage fought Killer Kross and came out swinging punches, and after 90 seconds Kross said fuck this and made him tap out in a sleeper?

I imagine it will be something like that except ZSJ probably won't get on the mic afterwards and call out Bautista.

but one can hope he does

7656367.jpg

ZSJ calling out Batista would be preferable over him calling out Bryan

but one can hope he does

Batista showing up at a GCW show would be the fucking best. I want to see Big Dave wrestling on the Atlantic City pier.

Per PWInsider, it's that
    Trinity Fatu (fka Naomi) signed. She's debuting during the tapings

The next Impact Knockouts champ is here

They called up all the NXT womens champions

They called up all the NXT womens champions

Legitimately meat to see how happy all three were to get the call-up. Rest of the draft is...weird, because they make a big event out of it and there's no real reason for the crowd to care

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    I thought they had learned to hide behind dog whistles and just have all their black talent lose their titles to Brock in deflating ways.

In unrelated news Bianca has been RAW Women's champion for over a year, the longest WWE title reign of a black superstar since MVP's US Title run.

Odds are good that Bianca and Rhea will trade belts after Backlash, since Bianca was drafted to SD tonight. That will probably end the "longest reign" (at least it wasn't to Brock? Or Rhonda, I guess...) but they might weasel-word their way through this.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
This discussion has been closed.