Options

[Anime] Suletta Sundays, with only the finest parenting.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    If the idea of RK is to make people want to go after relationships, it must be having the opposite effect.

(That said, I imagine Birdie Wing must have done for golfing what Karate Kid did for martial arts.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If a wizard thing vanished my cat to try and make me go find a relationship then the next thing the wizard would have to remove is whatever sharp object I'm attempting to kill them with

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    She does beat the everloving shit out of that wizard constantly.

It doesn't help, but it's fun to watch.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2023

Now to turn Unclear and Present Danger from a 90s political thriller movies podcast into a Gundam Podcast

Lanz on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

Now to turn Unclear and Present Danger from a 90s political thriller movies podcast into a Gundam Podcast

Please give us an update when he reaches the end of the season.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I’ll try to keep it over in the Gundam thread but I am flipping the fuck out with uncontained joy over the various Gundam Wing background lore I just learned about that apparently is all in the Frozen Teardrop sequel novels

Bandai, Sunrise, I need you to animate Frozen Teardrop. The world needs you to animate Frozen Teardrop. If Fukuda can get a Seed movie into production you can give us New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: Frozen Teardrop animated please

Lanz on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'm down for more stuff from CN. They've been stepping up their game over the last decade. Daily life of the immortal king was some top tier anime.

Also the clip with the horse sold me. I'm sure that says something awful about me as a person.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    for some reason watching chinese anime is weird to me

it shouldn't matter, i don't understand japanese or mandarin/cantonese (i believe most of these shows are mandarin, though?), but i still go 'oh that doesn't sound how i expect'

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Removing the cat removed me from RK and I have no need to go back.

Yeah that was absurdly cruel and too much for me

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Soooo

Enies Lobby is when One Piece starts getting horny huh?

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    My hot take is that Enies Lobby is not as good as it could have been, because Spandam is a garbage cartoon villain.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    One piece has a habit of those

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Enies Lobby.
    The series introduced a dragon ball scouter for like two pages just to make the joke that Spandam is slightly weaker than an average person. (And weaker than the fancy officer stuff that wears him.)

PLA on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

The cat just moves away! And it comes back eventually, too. I promise nothing bad happens to the cat! You have my word as a cat fan.

Meanwhile the protagonist is a rockstar for 12 episodes.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I’ll try to keep it over in the Gundam thread but I am flipping the fuck out with uncontained joy over the various Gundam Wing background lore I just learned about that apparently is all in the Frozen Teardrop sequel novels

Bandai, Sunrise, I need you to animate Frozen Teardrop. The world needs you to animate Frozen Teardrop. If Fukuda can get a Seed movie into production you can give us New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: Frozen Teardrop animated please

ehhh those were just movie recaps of the TV series, those barely count

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

Supposedly there's a sequel movie in the works but that's one of those things that has been talked about for years

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Supposedly there's a sequel movie in the works but that's one of those things that has been talked about for years

it and unicorn 2 are fighting in a cage match for survival then I guess

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options

The cat just moves away! And it comes back eventually, too. I promise nothing bad happens to the cat! You have my word as a cat fan.

I'm sure it does but a jack ass god being basically kidnaps her family and pet then steals her hobbies because she's not miserable being single it's just not for me I guess

• Options
    I decided to give the new Junji Ito adaptation on Netflix a chance. It doesn't match the artistry of the original work, but I think the episode Tomb Town is a pretty good introduction to what the more normal end of Junji Ito's body of work is like if anyone is curious. Without giving away too much, the episode is about a couple who accidentally hit and kill a girl with their car and hide the body in the trunk only to find that the town they are in is one where tombstones are erected exactly where a person died for fear of a mysterious curse.

• Options

I'm sure it does but a jack ass god being basically kidnaps her family and pet then steals her hobbies because she's not miserable being single it's just not for me I guess

I haven't finished episode two yet, but I'm guessing the twist is going to be that the guys she meets are also going to be in the same situation as her. There's one dude so far who she keeps bumping into, and even though he does nice gestures he also seems to have an annoyed attitude as he's doing them.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

it and unicorn 2 are fighting in a cage match for survival then I guess

If so, Seed movie sequel’s winning; while they’ve been apparently working on the script over a decade, it finally went into production back in 2021 (the production confirmation was announced as part of the Project Ignited stuff, like the Eclipse manga)

So probably will see more about it in the next year or so depending I suppose how bad COVID is fucking with Sunrise

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    The screenwriter for the Seed franchise actually had some severe medical issues that forced her to bow out during Destiny and let other people take over. Which explains the quality drop and why the movie's been delayed so much.

And in looking into it to remind me what the details were I just learned she died in 2016. Bummer

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Does anyone here read The Dangers in My Heart? If you like sweet rom coms, it's one of the better ones being serialized right now (kind of weird in the first few chapters, granted).

Anyway, most recent chapter:
    Let's fucking go!

What a well done confession scene.

And now the dating arc begins, instead of the series ending. Thanks Reiwa era!

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Gundam Seed Destiny Update:

Big, no spoilers:
    w76i515581v7.jpeg

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

Yeah Im all for romances theyre my favourite genre but this one is really questionable.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2023/01/26/shinichiro-watanabe-on-making-cowboy-bebop-and-what-he-thinks-of-the-live-action-adaptation/?sh=4e18293b3945
    Watanabe did an interesting interview about his career and mentions being let down by the live action Bebop despite consulting on it

Its a shame they should have just let him do it but I bet that was never even on the table

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    lol I legit love this Kumadori fellow

• Options
    neverreallyneverreally Registered User regular
    From the rest of the interview, it doesn't sound like he would've wanted to do it anyways. He wants to do new things and more power to him.

• Options
    lol at Nami vs Kalifa

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Just finished what's available of Spy X Family and WTF Hulu get the rest already! You're killing me!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I binged Bocchi the last two days and I'm sad it ended so soon, felt like the show was really hitting it's stride and then stopped. Oh well, here's hoping for a S2

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Just finished what's available of Spy X Family and WTF Hulu get the rest already! You're killing me!

I think that's it for now unless Hulu didn't have the current season finished.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

They just have up to episode 12 dubbed. They have the rest subtitled but I don't want that. :P

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

They just have up to episode 12 dubbed. They have the rest subtitled but I don't want that. :P

I honestly didn't think the dub was anything special, the sub is way better. The dub is passable, but the sub is really where the quality is.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I honestly didn't think the dub was anything special, the sub is way better. The dub is passable, but the sub is really where the quality is.

It's a Funimation dub so I already have a guess of how it sounds and hard pass

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Uhwuh? Funi does great dubs, their talent roster is top-shelf, and the Spy X Family dub is fantastic.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I really love the Spy x Family dub

• Options
    Uhwuh? Funi does great dubs, their talent roster is top-shelf, and the Spy X Family dub is fantastic.

I'm not besmirching the quality I just don't care for their stable of VAs

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Speaking of Funi dubs holy shit the One Piece dub is at Wano.

At the rate they are going they will actually be caught up next year.

Finally. I’m so happy.

This discussion has been closed.