As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Genshin Impact] Waterworld

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nah, it's about the same length of time as Inazuma. Though I didn't love the desert. I still haven't finished the second part of the desert with the giant tornado, just ran out of steam there. But the new section with the oasis was really fun, it's the first of the zone background cards I've earned since I think Enkanomiya. Being able to fly around and get a different perspective on what I'm looking at was really great, along with the puzzles there.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    image.png

Got distracted upgrading a bunch of random shit and, whoops, pulled a Mona

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Magic Pink
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Honestly impressive to run out of mora after a certain point. Normally I get so bottlenecked on materials I cant spend what I get

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    When I farm in advance for a character I'm waiting for I usually run out of mora because I forget about it. Definitely had to spend some resin on mora farming to get Dehya to 10/10/10 the day she came out.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'm going to give up on Ganyu. Kokomi is top of my list and knowing my luck, I'll pull Ganyu and Kokomi will come next month.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I'm going to give up on Ganyu. Kokomi is top of my list and knowing my luck, I'll pull Ganyu and Kokomi will come next month.

If you want to know, the 3.7 banners are going to be
    Yae Miko / Yoimiya
    Kazuha / Alhaitham

Shadowfire
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah but it would take me more than a month to save up 180 wishes (to brute force a 50/50 loss), so if she's in 3.8 I'm outta luck.

I can live without Ganyu, I've still got Shenhe to level.

Welp, gave in to the gacha demons and did "just one 10 pull" hoping to get Candace (I just think she's neat...)

And I did, which is cool! But also I guess I was closer to pity than I thought, cause I have Baizhu now.

Still have 65 pulls left atm, so I guess I'm in full save mode for 3.7 banners and then praying to the 50/50 gods.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Shadowfireani_game_bumDarth_Mogs
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    oh shit I did my 20 newbie draws with the 10 wishes we just got for free and pulled a Mona. Alright genshin color me intrigued

Shadowfireani_game_bumMagic Pink
    Mona is pretty fun. She hasn't had room in my teams recently but I'm working on something for Kaveh and I think she's going to fit there pretty well.

edited May 9
    I finally finished the Inazuma Archon quests, and I really like what they did with Raiden. I'll have to save for her after Kokomi. Bonus that she always has Kujou Sara in her 4 stars, and I really want her at C6 to use with Keqing.

-Loki- on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I got Kaveh last weekend! Now I can team up the gay exes and watch the sparks fly

Shadowfire
    Ventured back into the abyss, nice to see that Raiden national and Ayaka freeze still work even with my old, half assed relic sets.

I've mostly been spending stamina on whichever random upgrade catches my eye next, but now that I have an archon quest that says "go to Sumeru" I figure I should actually invest in a dendro unit. Probably just make another Fav sword for traveler (I have 1 at 90 but it's married to Bennet), but I kinda want to make a Keqing aggravate team eventuality, so investing in Baizhu as a healer is also attractive.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I love that this game is so big that other people are making quality animation for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_ALFwYTLQ

Magic Pink
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    oh shit I did my 20 newbie draws with the 10 wishes we just got for free and pulled a Mona. Alright genshin color me intrigued

Mona's burst is a strange little trick which will do you a short-term damage amp, a stun on most chaff, and an extremely beefy hydro hit that happens with weird reaction timing. Also she's got a weird dash that skips over water and won't fall off ledges. Have fun with her, and look out for Bennett, who makes everything better.

Shadowfire
    Monas sprint is fantastic. Almost as good as Ayakas.

Most big lakes you can just zip across where swimming you'd drown crossing it.

Ayakas only beats it out because she does a Cryo hit when she ends it which gives her a little platform to stand on. Not much but if you're juuuust running out of stamina near shore it gives you a little extra to run and jump off.

Codes from the Livestream today:

XT82F8JZS4TR
    2SRKFQ2YSMVV
    5A92W9JZBLCH

Sounds like they expire tomorrow.

ani_game_bumMirkel
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yeah, they always have a really short shelf life.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Reached 73 pity in my quest to get Ganyu's c1. So close but so far, especially since I have a guarantee. Guess I'll can choose to have whatever 5* I want at some later point.

I mean, I could get her if I did some events and stuff but I just can't stomach Genshin's writing after playing HSR that is vastly superior in that regard.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    where do I put the codes in?

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

You can enter them in game but I find it easier to use the website.

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    Shadowfire
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift or there's a place in the settings menu in-game

So I'm finally getting into Sumeru content and holy fuck this place is huge. Like I assume that some parts (the desert?) came with later patches instead of all at once, but still, it feels larger than every other region combined.

Also the 3.0 archon quests were really, really good, way better storytelling than anything else I've seen in this game.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Ratsult2ShadowfireMagic Pink
    Sumeru is huge, yeah. And being able to spiderman around the place makes it feel less daunting than Inazuma did.

I'm not a huge fan of the underground areas though, especially since they don't really map at all. At least they made underground teleports have a different icon on the map now though.

Magic Pink
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I played through the 3.6 content over the past week or so. And holy shit: if the writing isn’t literally being handled by shitty AI at this point, it’s definitely been passed to the interns.

I don’t care how alien they wanted the Pari to come across as, every dialogue was painful Buddhist Terminology Blather and vagaries. The worst part is how there’s a sub-story about Fontaine’s efforts to spy on other nations and secure old tech, but it’s totally obscured by shit writing.

Only good stuff is Cyno being a pun-loving dork.

MirkelShadowfireDarth_Mogs
    Cyno is great. The way he grabs the camera in the most recent trailer just confirms he's basically a Yu-Gi-Oh character.

https://youtu.be/0fEtfzr0fpY

Frem
    edited May 18
    My aggravate team has turned into more of a Hyperbloom team and now that I've got the artefact sets I wanted with half decent stats juicing my EM, everything around it just evaporates.

Collei uses her skill, Barbara uses her skill, Keqing zips in with the damage boost off Thrilling Tales, constant Hydro and Dendro off Keqing Auras make little nukes and her stiletto makes them all zip off and blow up everything. Sometimes I toss in Dentro Travellers skill for more EM or some bursts for fun. Any damage that gets done creates little exploding Hydro boms around Keqing who is already in their face.

Most fights in the overworld are over before Barbaras healing aura is finished.

-Loki- on
    Magic Pink
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hyper Bloom teams are freaking INSANE. Mine is a shitty combo of Nahida, Barbara and Linda and it still melts faces

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Did my customary 2 10-Pulls to try for the new 4*, got a Favonius Sword and Kirara. Nice.

Now if only she didn't need Specter drops and boss drops from the new Abyss boss.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I did a few roles to try to get Kirara and ended up getting 2 Yoimiyas in one. First time that’s happened to me. :)

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    ShadowfireGrisloph blakeani_game_bum
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Genshin VAs playing Among Us is some incredible chaos. And makes for some even better animations.

Paimon VA is just as evil as you'd expect.

https://youtu.be/dDXsMmD2r3Y

https://youtu.be/IHB5gnC488Q

Shadowfire
    Perhaps not the smartest use of synchronized pity, but I got Yae C1 and Kagura Whatever over the weekend. I think it’s the first case of me having both the 5-star and their canonical weapon.

Shadowfire
    Kagura's Verity is very good and suits her perfectly.

Do we have a tentative date for a Fontaine reveal?

I’m curious if they’ll lean hard on HP-scaling mechanics (as seems to be Hydro’s thing) or whether that’s proven to be too tough to balance.

If the past is anything to go on, we'll get some teaser stuff with the next special program livestream for 3.8, and then we won't get full info until the livestream during 3.8 for 4.0.

So we won't have official stuff for a while, unfortunately.

metaghostShadowfire
    edited June 6
    Figured screw it, I used my guaranteed 5 star to pull Yoimiya. I wanted her as well.

After levelling her a bit, I put her on a team with Lisa, Mona and Barbara to play around with reacts, and it's hilarious to throw down Lisas burst, then Yoimiyas skill, and juggle enemies in the air with flaming overloaded attacks. Also Monas pulsing elemental skill means you're getting quite a few Vaporizes which is nice.

It's just nice to have a main DPS bow. Bows are my go-to in any RPG so this long to get a main DPS character was rough.

-Loki- on
    Shadowfire
    Yoimiya is a ton of fun. I wanted her the first time around, didn't get her and ended up saving up for her rerun to get her and the Thundering Pulse (I didn't actually expect to get it but I did want to go for /a/ 5* weapon and just got lucky). Have been using her ever since.

I usually run her with Yelan and Xingqiu for (more) consistent vaping but she has a lot of supports that can be pretty fun. Fischl's also good for extra ammo, Yun Jin is fun for some extra speed if she's C6 (it doesn't change much but it's something) and Layla can be good for a shield as well as some Melts here and there. (Probably, my Layla isn't built yet)

For this (miserable) abyss, I tried playing around with some different teams and built a Yoimiya Curry (Pyro+Electro+Hydro+Dendro) Team that was decidedly not great but it was a lot of fun and was just a different way to play her. Basically Yoimiya, Kuki, Xingqiu and Nahida (DMC or Collei works too), setup with Nahida/Dendro character's skill/burst, Xingqiu for his skill to make some seeds, then you switch to Yoimiya to burst and burgeon everything real quick (only like 5 cores actually do damage, which kinda sucks), switch to Kuki to use her skill, then swap back to Yoimiya and Normal attack to get the rain swords going. Kuki's ring will activate some of the cores for Hyperbloom, Yoimiya's lingering Burst mechanic will activate others for Burgeon and you can always use her skill to try and get some more cores/do more damage from hopefully vaping. Again, to disclaimer: It's not a good team but I had fun with it. (And it was about the only way I could try and figure out how to use Yae and Yoimiya for this abyss since I have both of them and the Abyss is 'supposed' to showcase them. Yae Aggravate is a lot easier to build/use for First Half.) Did not make it past 12-1-2 with it, though, had to bring in a different team for a serious run-through. Point is, playing around with her mechanics obviously strays from the optimal way to play her but it can be neat.

My main issue with the team is I have no swords for hitting trees or ore.

Magic Pink
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited June 6

Sayu, Dori, and Noelle are all greatsword healers, or if you just wanted something you can plunge with, Bennett, Shinobu, Jean, Qiqi, Yaoyao, or Mika are also options.

Glazius on
    Glazius wrote: »

Sayu, Dori, and Noelle are all greatsword healers, or if you just wanted something you can plunge with, Bennett, Shinobu, Jean, Qiqi, Yaoyao, or Mika are also options.

You can also divebomb with polearm users. And both Klee and Ningguang can break rocks.

Magic Pink