As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Tray Chic

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Tray Chic!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Tray Chic

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    As Sun Tzu once said, "if you cannot hit the tray with your dice, your soldiers cannot hit the Tyranids with their lasguns."

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I remember when I rolled dice we just had a rule it had to land on the table. This of course lead to some really stupid moments of dice dancing precipitously close to the edge of a table because captain rolls hard just couldn't contain themselves.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    The true irony is that now it's five hits.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    When we play most games other then d&d they just have to stay off the floor and not be jacked. Table, box, notebook, whatever. As long as it is a flat surface and we can all see it so no one can change it as they pick it up we are good. Except for me. As the DM I cheat as I see fit.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I count floor dice in D&D.

You reap what you sow you dice launching bastards.

• Options
    Group I played with in college had the rule that if it takes more than 5 seconds for two people to find it and confirm the roll it's a 1. You can sling them down the hallway if you want you just take the risk that nobody is willing to endorse your bullshit.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I count floor dice in D&D.

You reap what you sow you dice launching bastards.

If you really want to make them pay for their crimes, you only count floor dice if they miss.

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Dang kids can't afford a house because they spent all their money on dice trays instead of learning how to roll dice properly. When I was young, we rolled dice uphill both ways in the snow, and we liked it!

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    More important than rules about where the dice go, are rules about how long it takes to roll dice. That is to say, not a second longer than it takes to pick them up ...

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    It seems appropriate to count a missed roll as a miss.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    This comic seems appropriately relevant to a vast swathe of human culture with only a minor change of context.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Focusing on procedural rules feels like it breaks immersion to me because it reminds that you’re playing a game, not firing a weapon / commanding a squad

• Options
    Most of the time those kind of rules are there to keep random bullshit from breaking immersion. Overly restrictive ones like "don't count rolls not in the designated tray" are likely the result of that guy who drops the dice every fucking time seriously Barry what the fuck are you doing," but enforcing them to the level of disputing a perfectly cromulent roll is stupid, and it's usually Barry being bitter and enforcing malicious compliance to The Barry Rule.