Options

🖥️🎮 - Rivertails, Shiner & Lovebirb out today!

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    As someone who enjoyed Jedi fallen order, my one expectation for the sequel was that it would be slightly less janky animation-wise

Kal still runs like he shit his pants but he isn't wearing a poncho to hide it this time

Also not digging how the dual lightsaber attacks look

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    As someone who enjoyed Jedi fallen order, my one expectation for the sequel was that it would be slightly less janky animation-wise

Kal still runs like he shit his pants but he isn't wearing a poncho to hide it this time

Also not digging how the dual lightsaber attacks look

This is the biggest sin so far.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    People are very pro or con on the poncho, very strong opinions

Begun, the poncho wars have

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I don't play chess, but I once had someone do the checkmate in 6 moves (or however many) to me and that's when I decided to continue to not play chess.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Madican wrote: »
    That HP tweet is weird because that game ain't something like an MMO with a new expansion or raid tier. No one is going to give a fuck about who the world first max level wizard is in that game.

if you havent No Lifed a new game before are you even a gamer?

No but seriously you never lost hours at launch in a game your were really excited for?

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    chess is good

but also fuck chess that stupid ass game goddamn I hate chess sometimes

Pip teach me to play chess

Chess is easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2xNlzsnPCQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MqK90Aq8bE

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Gamers simply piss and shit where they're sitting and then magic away the shit and piss.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I enjoy chess, but am quite bad at it

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    What if the big climactic fight in Jedi Survivor starts with Cal putting on a poncho and the Devs are keeping the reveal secret.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Pentiment is fucking me right off, but there's so much to love

not to mention the vast number of times I've complained that adventure/mystery solving games tend to make it too easy to find everything out (or lack red herrings)

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Breaking: UK's CMA investigation has provisionally concluded that "Microsoft’s proposed acquisition of Activision could result in higher prices, fewer choices, or less innovation for UK gamers."

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's not just me, AssCreed III is kind of a slog, right?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Like I thought a lot of Harry Potter fans were weirdly into self-infantilization but at least infants know how to fuckin' piss you know

i gotta say as someone approaching 70 i still don't have a handle on it

things can get pretty wild down there

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »

i could never get anywhere in that one. i was really excited for it because somehow i thought you played a native american but nope.

• Options

OUTSTAND is a game that reflects the real face of dark and intense fear to the person from a first-person camera angle. Your treasure-seeking friend is trapped! Can you save him? Solve puzzles, watch out for the items around you and most importantly survive!
    20230208 OUTSTAND (Horror Jump Scare Adventure Demons Dark )

Drawing from Memory is an online party game where you and 2-4 friends try to figure out what your most and least favorite characters look like by Drawing them from Memory.
    20230208 Drawing From Memory (Casual Multiplayer Funny Comedy PvP 2D )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzFqkw-Gl5U
    Try new top experiences together with this new action game, called Fight & Crush! Being in the shoes of a beginner fighter, your main mission is to beat all the world fighters in your upcoming fights! You will have a limited time for this and limited health, so take care!
    20230208 Fight & Crush (Simulation Action Cartoon Cartoony Colorful )

• Options

ities: Skylines – Remastered announced for PS5, Xbox Series https://gematsu.com/2023/02/cities-skylines-remastered-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series
    Cities: Skylines – Remastered features a suite of upgrades optimized for current generation consoles, including additional buildable tiles to create larger cities and the ability to place structures freely. This Remastered edition also improves graphical performance to reflect the bigger cities players can create on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

Cities: Skylines – Remastered upgrades include:

25 buildable tiles – that’s 16 additional tiles from Cities: Skylines on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
    Quick selection tool
    UX Improvements, such as precision placements, distance indicator and updated snapping options
    New environmental controls panel allowing players to adjust time of day, rain, fog, and environment coloring
    Map editor
    An overall graphic performance increase

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Townseek - a chill and casual game where you play a shark with a blimp, flying around the world, exploring the sights and doing some light questing and trading on the side. Honestly, one of those games where you look at the screenshots and instantly know if you want to play it or not.

Me, I am totally down for a chill time exploring a cute world, trading singing oysters and transporting bunny tourists to Buff Cat Cave.
    efey4gz79bzt.jpg
    eg2qqnho6eof.jpg

• Options

Coming to Game Pass:

2/9
    -Madden NFL 23
    -SD Gundam Battle Alliance

2/14
    -Mount & Blade II

2/15
    -Cities: Skylines – Remastered

2/16
    -Shadow Warrior 3: Definitive Edition

2/21
    -Atomic Heart

and games leaving Game Pass

Leaving:
    Besiege (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    CrossfireX (Cloud and Console)
    Infernax (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Recompile (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Skul: The Hero Slayer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    The Last Kids on Earth (Cloud, Console, and PC)

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Here's the dumb thing about playing the Harry Potter game.

You can do it and nobody will judge you if you just shut the fuck up and don't talk about it.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

You can do it and nobody will judge you if you just shut the fuck up and don't talk about it.

But what if you need to be told you’re still a good good boy?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I've launched into another replay of Final Fantasy Tactics, PSP version this time and the script and translation is so much better. It's so much clearer of who each character is and what's happening.

Ramza starts off as a stone cold asshole!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options

Then lie and say you didn't play it.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

ities: Skylines – Remastered announced for PS5, Xbox Series https://gematsu.com/2023/02/cities-skylines-remastered-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series
    Cities: Skylines – Remastered features a suite of upgrades optimized for current generation consoles, including additional buildable tiles to create larger cities and the ability to place structures freely. This Remastered edition also improves graphical performance to reflect the bigger cities players can create on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

Cities: Skylines – Remastered upgrades include:

25 buildable tiles – that’s 16 additional tiles from Cities: Skylines on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
    Quick selection tool
    UX Improvements, such as precision placements, distance indicator and updated snapping options
    New environmental controls panel allowing players to adjust time of day, rain, fog, and environment coloring
    Map editor
    An overall graphic performance increase

rip smof

• Options

Then lie and say you didn't play it.

good boys don't lie tho

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    CrossFireX is leaving a lot more than just Game Pass

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

i could never get anywhere in that one. i was really excited for it because somehow i thought you played a native american but nope.
    You do... eventually.

sig.gif
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/0twdCiUjTdA

Hee Hee Hee, Ho Ho Ho

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited February 2023

This is so funny holy shit

Veldrin on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

The devs should have added an NPC who just pops up every ~10 minutes to tell the player they're a good boy.

"Even though you have a house elf indentured servant, you're still a good boy, just like all the Founding Fathers!"

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

So, spoilers for an 11 year old game I suppose
    the first couple chapters have you playing as the father of the eventual main character. The father is revealed to be a Templar, not an Assassin, and once that reveal happens, the game jumps ahead a few years and you play as his half-Mohawk son for the rest of the game. The father reappears eventually as a villain.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Man, I remember AssIII being good. Did the remaster or whatever improve the quality at all?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    AC3 is good! I will always be a defender of 3. The remaster is nice. I think they tweaked the final chase/combat sequence because in its original form it was way too easy to fail it a thousand times but otherwise it didn't need like, a real overhaul or anything

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    AC3 is good! I will always be a defender of 3. The remaster is nice. I think they tweaked the final chase/combat sequence because in its original form it was way too easy to fail it a thousand times but otherwise it didn't need like, a real overhaul or anything

I will join you in being an AC3 defender. Ratonhnhaké:ton is my favorite assassin, his story has a clearer and more significant theme than (imo) any other assassin's, it was the first videogame I ever played with actual Native languages accurately represented, I love it a lot

I remember the controls being a little... Chunky? Is almost the adjective I wanna use? Like, your character is kinda lumbering and beefy, and the controls were as finicky as old school AssCreed ever was, it took some getting used to. Not sure how that's aged.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

The UK's competition regulator says it would be okay with Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard if (any of the following)....

- ABK divests itself of Call of Duty
    - ABK divests itself of Activision
    - ABK divests itself of Activision and Blizzard

Yikes

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited February 2023

That’s the thing, and why I do draw a difference between, in general, critics engaging with something versus streamers. In theory at least critics are breaking down and analyzing the parts of the game, its context as a game and as a product, and the creators. Like one of the dragging points for the IGN article is the review doesn’t match the score. Gita Jackson for example, is going to review the game and I’m really looking forward to their analysis of the game.

Someone streaming it is doing it for viewers. I can believe streams are also done for later analysis, but the vast majority of the people doing it are doing it because they want to have fun and they believe their audience is into it. So if you’re streaming Hogwarts Legacy at launch, you’re doing it to get eyes on your stream. It’s a tacit endorsement of the game.

never die on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    So if, for example, America's regulators let the big ActivisionBlizzard/Microsoft buyout happen, but the European and UK regulators were like "this is anticompetitive no" what would the consequence be

Would they not be allowed to do business in those countries anymore? Would they simply not be allowed to take possession of any assets ABK possesses in those countries?

I just wonder what the level of consequence has to be for Microsoft to go "nah actually no thanks"

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    I'm guess they will divest themselves of some part of that and then just happen to buy it back later, because Capitalism is a hell hole, but I'm just glad somebody stands up monopolies forming.

• Options
    first they'll probably try to sue whatever regulatory body in the UK is preventing this, if they move high enough up the chain they can probably find a superior court judge or equivalent that they can sweet-talk into letting the acquisition happen

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Veldrin wrote: »

This is so funny holy shit

you're so mean :(

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

So, spoilers for an 11 year old game I suppose
    the first couple chapters have you playing as the father of the eventual main character. The father is revealed to be a Templar, not an Assassin, and once that reveal happens, the game jumps ahead a few years and you play as his half-Mohawk son for the rest of the game. The father reappears eventually as a villain.

Ah, thank you! I always go crazy feral and actively ignore the main story in all the AC games. I think I have 40 hours in Valhalla and I have JUST made it to the new settlement and I only did that because I wanted the Halloween stuff.

This discussion has been closed.