Options

🖥️🎮 - Rivertails, Shiner & Lovebirb out today!

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    i can't keep up with which streamer is which

As far as I understand the matter they are all worthy of scorn

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Why not talk about some games that are worth talking about instead

Like Hi-Fi Rush, which is amazing, and if it does not sell well enough to get at least two more sequels, I am going to be blaming all of you, personally, for not playing it enough

Asthariel on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »

Like Hi-Fi Rush, which is amazing, and if it does not sell well enough to get at least two more sequels, I am going to be blaming all of you, personally, for not playing it enough

It's not going to sell like any copies because it's on Gamepass.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Well one of the questions is scale. I've absolutely seen people who are online in the trans community respond in absolutely unhinged and inappropriate manners - drama currently going down with keffals, for example, and her racism. But how many of those people are in your community as an online presenter, versus how much general harassment you get to begin with? Like, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's a good thing that internet harassment is widespread. But it is, and how you choose to respond to it matters. And if this case, if you get hurtful messages from people you don't know, and your response is to mock wider concerns, you have made a decision on how to present yourself. You have chosen who you feel will represent a community. And our memes in which we mock you for doing that will respond in kind.

Yeah, that's why my framing was "What's likelier?"

On a case by case basis, there're gonna be outliers, but what's likelier? When choosing to paint the entire sentiment as "legitimate," for lack of a better term, who benefits? Why cede even an inch to "there are bad people on both sides" when the matter is, "should trans people be allowed to exist?"

I'm not accusing nobody of nothing, just encouraging reflection on narratives

my post was in no way a 'actually both sides are bad' scenario and I hope to god people know me better than to believe I'd side with some neo-liberal masked-off chud

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

pekora is a rabbit-girl v-tuber who is also a known war-criminal

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Hi-Fi Rush is so fucking good! It's got good comedic writing, it does cute fourth-wall breaking stuff that isn't annoying, it has a solid combat system to start with and it's only enhanced by the timing mechanics, and there's nothing cooler than the licensed tracks kicking in during boss fights.

Also I love the character designs, lots of variety with a consistent style. And the robot designs are a lot of fun, the little cleaning bots are delightful.

The only thing I wish was that I was better at the Just Timing, I get like 50% most of the time, even when I'm really trying to keep to the beat.

Oh, that and I think that the fact that movement through the levels is rarely to the beat is something that has a knock-on effect. Like in Crypt of the Necrodancer/Cadence of Hyrule, just getting around the level gets you into the groove even before you hit enemies. In this you can just tool around a level only to have the beat kick in during a fight. I'd prefer if there was something that required a button press to the beat, and then much shorter levels to make that less taxing.

But yeah this needs a sequel!

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I haven't played it because it's VR only and I don't have VR, and full disclosure I kinda sorta know (in a parasocial/internet acquaintance kind of way) one of the people who worked on it (composer and i think sound?).

But Straylight ( https://www.drbloc.com/ ) came out last week and I've heard generally from people who have played it that it's very fun. And one of their main selling points and design goals was to make a movement based VR game that wouldn't make you sick. Which seems they were largely successful at.

And the soundtrack slaps.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I am glad that I mentally filed away Girlfriend Reviews as the 2020s version of like, Autotune the News or Zero Punctuation or Epic Mealtime Bacon Bros and just ignored it.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Well one of the questions is scale. I've absolutely seen people who are online in the trans community respond in absolutely unhinged and inappropriate manners - drama currently going down with keffals, for example, and her racism. But how many of those people are in your community as an online presenter, versus how much general harassment you get to begin with? Like, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's a good thing that internet harassment is widespread. But it is, and how you choose to respond to it matters. And if this case, if you get hurtful messages from people you don't know, and your response is to mock wider concerns, you have made a decision on how to present yourself. You have chosen who you feel will represent a community. And our memes in which we mock you for doing that will respond in kind.

Yeah, that's why my framing was "What's likelier?"

On a case by case basis, there're gonna be outliers, but what's likelier? When choosing to paint the entire sentiment as "legitimate," for lack of a better term, who benefits? Why cede even an inch to "there are bad people on both sides" when the matter is, "should trans people be allowed to exist?"

I'm not accusing nobody of nothing, just encouraging reflection on narratives

my post was in no way a 'actually both sides are bad' scenario and I hope to god people know me better than to believe I'd side with some neo-liberal masked-off chud

Didn't say it was, specifically said I was accusin' nobody of nothin', I was just puzzled/startled to see chud talking points presented without additional commentary

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

I bought one!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    My current inability to play HiFi Rush actually has me looking hard at an Xbox Series S (my PC is a potato, and not a good potato either). Nothing Xbox has to offer from a first party AAA standpoint interests me, but goddamn Pentiment and HiFi Rush have got me thinking about it hard.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I am glad that I mentally filed away Girlfriend Reviews as the 2020s version of like, Autotune the News or Zero Punctuation or Epic Mealtime Bacon Bros and just ignored it.

I mentally categorized it in the same space as stuff like “My Grandma Reviews Overwatch Characters Just Based On Looks” where, ok, that was a neat thing to experience once, but I’m not looking to get a whole Brand out of it.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

Good news, it was the 8th most sold title on Steam when it released and outperformed Forspoken.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Wasn’t girlfriend reviews so hurt/bullied that they kept streaming like 6 more hours and then did another entire stream of the game the next day?

Sure, they’ve been bullied right off the internet…….

Most of the “she ran off and cried!” articles I saw when I went looking for more info have been from sites I’ve seen post chudlike articles before or fucking Fox News.

rhylith on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    r9q6b3ggkcb4.jpg

Oh, a Finana Ryugu fan

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    outperformed Forspoken.

wow i bet that was hard

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Wasn’t girlfriend reviews so hurt/bullied that they kept streaming like 6 more hours and then did another entire stream of the game the next day?

Most of the “she ran off and cried!” articles I saw when I went looking for more info have been from sites I’ve seen post chudlike articles before or fucking Fox News.

someone could probably do a pretty decent amount of writing on branding yourself around the gimmick of othering the Girlfriend as a non-gamer not in this space, and the subsequent usage of her as a prop that doesn't speak for herself in the articles reporting here

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I have no idea what that means but making that minion meme shotgun blasted at least 13 years off my life and I can't say I don't deserve it

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Latest humble bundle is romance-themed:
    ulgtesq3tm4s.png
    d4bv1owmk78q.png
    iyvlx0qrrn7j.png
    (that is a lot of _very_ positively reviewed games, wow)

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

It's done well enough, and it helps that it's only $30.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I have no idea what that means but making that minion meme shotgun blasted at least 13 years off my life and I can't say I don't deserve it

i have no idea if the minion memes are genuinely being shared or if they are, like, second or third order ironic memes based on the idea of boomer minion memes

i choose not to dwell on it, though

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

someone could probably do a pretty decent amount of writing on branding yourself around the gimmick of othering the Girlfriend as a non-gamer not in this space, and the subsequent usage of her as a prop that doesn't speak for herself in the articles reporting here

The shitty ass thing is that GFR is ultimately like a few years journey to the lady writing funny joke reviews also being into video games and playing them. Like ultimately the bit is about being around games slowly making you care about them as a medium.

But also the second she said she was an american theater kid in the among us video I could see this HP garbage coming.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hey, now, there are plenty of us former and current theater kids who aren't TERFs or TERF-adjacent.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Very busy with work recently.

Time enough now to sit down and see what I missed these past few days...

Hm!

Chess is still going!

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Hey, now, there are plenty of us former and current theater kids who aren't TERFs or TERF-adjacent.

I mean the whole trojan horse is that no one streaming it is a terf. I don't think GFR or anyone I see streaming it are magically secret bigots.

It's just leveraging them being folks into the kid wizard stuff to seep unimaginable quantity of nightmare shit from transphobes into spaces I'm used to being pretty clean.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Anyone streaming or playing it is TERF-adjacent definitionally.

• Options
    My entire stance is that if someone's gonna play the game guiltily sure whatever. I'll probably play Brigador Killers even though one half of that dev duo is a huge right wing chud.

It's just real gross when people pretend it's shocking others don't approve of them streaming it. It's also weird when they type up essays trying to justify it or buy indulgences off trans charities.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    My entire stance is that if someone's gonna play the game guiltily sure whatever. I'll probably play Brigador Killers even though one half of that dev duo is a huge right wing chud.

It's just real gross when people pretend it's shocking others don't approve of them streaming it. It's also weird when they type up essays trying to justify it or buy indulgences off trans charities.

I thought the shitty guy left the Brigador studio?

• Options

I thought the shitty guy left the Brigador studio?

He got invited back in like... a year ago I think last I recall? Blood is thicker than horrifically bigotted forum rants I guess.

Fucking blows ass for me because Killers looks incredible but I'm probably gonna seek it in a bargain bin price due to that.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

pekora is a rabbit-girl v-tuber who is also a known war-criminal

rg1wpyi1l0hk.jpg

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Fall of Porcupine - I guess a Night in the Woods-alike is the quickest comparison. Side scrolling 2d platformer adventure with talking animals and a very neat stylised look, though unlike Mae the main character is much more light-hearted. You're a young doctor pigeon in a small town hospital that's slowly falling apart. Talk to folks, diagnose patients, hang out with coworkers after work. And then after about an hour the demo ends with
    a patient getting murdered,
    so somewhat burying the lede on the theme. But I suppose that also fits the Night in the Woods mould.

• Options

Yeah! A lot of folks are just dorks!

( <3 )

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMdUSVSEp7U

nintendo direct starts in ~3 minutes

I hope you're HYPED for
    GeaqtnZ.jpg

• Options
    it is

VERY funny to me

that twitter broke immediately before the direct

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Yeah! A lot of folks are just dorks!

( <3 )

I may be a dork but I'm a dork who recently got to watch a nude woman cut the head off of a ten foot tall Bolsonaro puppet

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yes, we've been meaning to talk to you about your current levels of absinthe consumption.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    It's low. Rookie numbers. Get 'em up.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Brolo on
This discussion has been closed.