Options

🖥️🎮 - Rivertails, Shiner & Lovebirb out today!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

ities: Skylines – Remastered announced for PS5, Xbox Series https://gematsu.com/2023/02/cities-skylines-remastered-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series
    Cities: Skylines – Remastered features a suite of upgrades optimized for current generation consoles, including additional buildable tiles to create larger cities and the ability to place structures freely. This Remastered edition also improves graphical performance to reflect the bigger cities players can create on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

Cities: Skylines – Remastered upgrades include:

25 buildable tiles – that’s 16 additional tiles from Cities: Skylines on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
    Quick selection tool
    UX Improvements, such as precision placements, distance indicator and updated snapping options
    New environmental controls panel allowing players to adjust time of day, rain, fog, and environment coloring
    Map editor
    An overall graphic performance increase

rip smof

That's only for console, PC Master Race have mods so we already have all that stuff. Frankly the idea of playing Skylines on a console fills me with a mix of disgust and existential terror.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Anyone streaming or playing it is TERF-adjacent definitionally.

The number of people who like Harry Potter as a pop culture thing is exponentially larger than the number of people who are knowledgeable about Rowling's bigotry.

This is not to say that we shouldn't strive to try and educate people about Rowling's true nature, but social media is such that the number of even well-intentioned and measured admonishments can end up feeling like a coordinated attack to the person at the receiving end.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I've never played Fantasy Life, but that name is really familiar. Did Austin Walker talk about having a Fantasy Life phase? Is that maybe what I'm thinking of?

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Sekiro, question
    the game has been very clear that there are supposed to be two "surgeons" in the abandoned dungeon: Dosaku and Dojun. The rot for them says, "both are coughing at once"; Dosaku mentions Dojun in a letter; and the description for the red carp eyes says Dojun is looking for them. The catch is, I've never seen him.

Does he only show up if I've helped Dosaku? If not, where can I start looking for him?

Tamin on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    A bunch of my favourite YouTubers have posted Hogwarts Legacy videos. I really can't be bothered to hate them about it.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I thought Harry Potter was lame in 6th grade and I think it's fucking lame now. I feel like I won because I don't have to care about him or any of his dork friends or the school of Grundlewarts or whatever. At one point I thought "oh but is it that much worse than Star Wars or Marvel movies?" and yes...it is. At least in Star Wars there are wars and political ideologies and such. From what I can tell Harry Potter is about all these different phenotypes of school children vying to be the best little apple polisher. There's apparently an entire prequel series that's about how wizards can't actually effect the outside world or the flow of history or anything that matters. Go play broom soccer somewhere else nerds.

Every character is Rival Schools is cooler than any character in Harry Potter.

3166727-6203006811-rs-po.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I've never played Fantasy Life, but that name is really familiar. Did Austin Walker talk about having a Fantasy Life phase? Is that maybe what I'm thinking of?

Former forum user WeedLordVegeta has also posted a lot about it so you may have that in mind

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Disco update:
    xbmoys1fnh0l.png

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PUT MISSILE IN SMASH YOU COWARDS

• Options

Former forum user WeedLordVegeta has also posted a lot about it so you may have that in mind

Huh! I wonder why I never checked it out, the little I've seen/remembered (including that review, now) makes it seem extremely my shit.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    i can't keep up with which streamer is which

pekora is a rabbit-girl v-tuber who is also a known war-criminal

rg1wpyi1l0hk.jpg

this was a bit, she's not actually a war criminal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5s9p8_tI1A

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    lmao the Fantasy Life discord I've been part of for years has just EXPLODED in activity after almost nothing in all that time.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Fuck all other video games

https://youtu.be/eb1RoWdfiCM

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have completely lost track of all the various versions and re-editions of Katamari Damacy over the years

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    My favorite Cyberpunk bug so far is a random dance party that spawned without the music speakers. Just a bunch of kids vibin' to this dude's infinite pissing.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Man. Sometimes I think I'm too online, but then something happens with streamers or Twitch or Twitter or Bitcoin and I've got absolutely no fucking idea what any of it means and it feels great

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have completed an entire Hitman Freelancer campaign. Got a bit sniper rifle as a reward which I then fed to THE WALL in the hideout as it MUST BE FILLED.

Pro tip. Always take syndicates with New York as a location. That way you can rob the vault which has about 8k in mercers you can steal and if you rob it in the bank robber outfit and take all the gold bars, it still spawns the gold shotgun like in the campaign, and that thing is a legendary shotgun and also goes on THE WALL.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    I was just getting wrecked trying to play Freelancer. like not even getting to the first tier showdown over and over again.

Then I unlocked the tactical turtleneck, and now wear that to every mission and I'm almost through an entire campaign.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    I was just getting wrecked trying to play Freelancer. like not even getting to the first tier showdown over and over again.

Then I unlocked the tactical turtleneck, and now wear that to every mission and I'm almost through an entire campaign.

I have cheesed it a couple of times by quitting out of the game before getting killed so I don’t loose my stuff. It is helpful on the showdowns as once you find the target you can still restart the game and it will alway be the same target in the same starting spot. Helps when the game gets very cheesy.

Now that I finished one, my goals are to fill the weapon walls in the hideout, and make 47’s house super comfy. He deserves it. He has a drum set he can play now!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have the original Fantasy Life on my 3DS, maybe I oughta check it out

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    McHoger wrote: »
    My favorite Cyberpunk bug so far is a random dance party that spawned without the music speakers. Just a bunch of kids vibin' to this dude's infinite pissing.

My V absolute cannot enter a vehicle properly and I crack up everytime. Anytime I try to get in a car with a weapon drawn my character will slide into the center of the vehicle, still standing, before slowly sliding left into the driver seat while animating as if she's getting into the car from the right. It's great.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Fantasy Life is a game I remember people raving about back in the day and sounded like my jam , but I never quite got around to picking it up. Maybe I'll get this one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I thought it was a little too grindy, but it was fun enough that I played through and beat it at least and had a good time.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I have completely lost track of all the various versions and re-editions of Katamari Damacy over the years

this is a remaster of the 2nd game* with new levels and features

*also known as the best game in the series

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Still having fun with Meet Your Maker. Watched a 20 minute replay (at 2x speed) of someone absolutely banging their head against my pyramid shaped death maze.

They kept going after the bonus objectives that they'd already collected and dying to the same damn traps! It was baffling, but very funny.

• Options
    Still having fun with Meet Your Maker. Watched a 20 minute replay (at 2x speed) of someone absolutely banging their head against my pyramid shaped death maze.

They kept going after the bonus objectives that they'd already collected and dying to the same damn traps! It was baffling, but very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHeqeiIQt34

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Freelancer is very good but the consequences for your actions can be dire.
    Lost another run to overconfidence. Paris showdown and the target is in the attic, it takes me a long to get up there because I have to hit him with a baseball bat and you can't climb the pipes.

I get close to him, but the Cicada guards are almost all enforcer. I decide to distract one, knock the other then knock the first.
    Fails horribly, I get spotted and shouted out and now I have to chase the target. I manage to lob the the bat, but then a flash grenade gets thrown and as I try to snap the targets neck it starts hand to hand with a guard instead, and I'm dead before I get out of it.

Maybe 5s from about to finish the run to Ded.

I have 1 completion and 2 fails in the last series. But I am pushing early game pretty hard for resources, so that my next deep run is good (doing a lot of optional, doing NY bank, opening chests so that I have silenced weapons, the poison guns, pref a lockpick)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Dang it, a weapon wall is the ultimate temptation and now I gotta pick up Hitman eventually I guess.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Disco Update
    Disco done.

Probably says the game has good writing that I can't figure out what commentary its political angle, if it had one at all, despite the abundance of politics in it. I mean, other than "everything sucks but we try to move forward little by little"?

Oghulk on
  • Options
    One thing I thought was funny was
    despite getting the "world's most laughable centrist" achievement, Kim referred to me as a communist at the end, which was fascinating.

Like the game is clearly a communist credo, but with the introspection to recognize a lot of its failings? I don't know.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i've been playing hi-fi rush and i love love love the combat it's so satisfying and fun but oh my god the platforming is so bad and i literally died from full hp at the same jumping section in the second level. like it's been a perfectly serviceable jump so far for the limited platforming they've made me do, but it randomly got way harder and i am having the bad time

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Sekiro, question
    the game has been very clear that there are supposed to be two "surgeons" in the abandoned dungeon: Dosaku and Dojun. The rot for them says, "both are coughing at once"; Dosaku mentions Dojun in a letter; and the description for the red carp eyes says Dojun is looking for them. The catch is, I've never seen him.

Does he only show up if I've helped Dosaku? If not, where can I start looking for him?
    it's been a while since i've done anything with those sidequests but i believe doujun is the only one of them that actually appears in the game

idk if that's scrapped content or some japanese folklore reference that makes more sense to japanese players or just From bein' cryptic or what

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    despite getting the "world's most laughable centrist" achievement, Kim referred to me as a communist at the end, which was fascinating.

Like the game is clearly a communist credo, but with the introspection to recognize a lot of its failings? I don't know.
    Did you play the little Final Cut additions with the quests for each political leaning? I fucked up and didn't get to experience the communist one in my second playthrough, but what I saw online of how it goes seems like it matches your thoughts

Really showing they know how laughable modern communist groups can be but at the same time having a little hope that maybe believing hard enough in something can help it come true

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

Did you play the little Final Cut additions with the quests for each political leaning? I fucked up and didn't get to experience the communist one in my second playthrough, but what I saw online of how it goes seems like it matches your thoughts

Really showing they know how laughable modern communist groups can be but at the same time having a little hope that maybe believing hard enough in something can help it come true
    I didn't. Actually I'm pretty sure that part in the game was when I got that achievement. Really though it's more from the very long conversation with the nearly 70-year old man hiding behind a facade of political ideology but is actually just a sad mess of a human being.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i've been playing hi-fi rush and i love love love the combat it's so satisfying and fun but oh my god the platforming is so bad and i literally died from full hp at the same jumping section in the second level. like it's been a perfectly serviceable jump so far for the limited platforming they've made me do, but it randomly got way harder and i am having the bad time

Have you been incorporating the air dash?

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I also have problems with Hi-Fi Rush's platforming, and I keep double jumping even the shortest distances of platforms because I can't gauge if I'm gonna overshoot it or not. Your shadow helps a little bit in determining where you land, but not a lot.

My first deaths was one of the first escape segments because the platforming was weird. Unlike the combat, it's not on-the-beat.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I played some City of Gangsters since it's free and you know, making videogames is hard. I am theoretically interested in the fantasy of driving booze around in your car like a chump to becoming a kingpin but it was just too annoying to play. Maybe a paradox head would appreciate the many menus more.

Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Sekiro, question

it's been a while since i've done anything with those sidequests but i believe doujun is the only one of them that actually appears in the game

idk if that's scrapped content or some japanese folklore reference that makes more sense to japanese players or just From bein' cryptic or what

huh

ok, cool. Thanks!

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I also have problems with Hi-Fi Rush's platforming, and I keep double jumping even the shortest distances of platforms because I can't gauge if I'm gonna overshoot it or not. Your shadow helps a little bit in determining where you land, but not a lot.

My first deaths was one of the first escape segments because the platforming was weird. Unlike the combat, it's not on-the-beat.
    What do you mean by escape segments? The rail bits where you dodge terrain are totally on beat, you even get a music sting every time you get a perfect.

This discussion has been closed.