As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Twitter] is proof that shitposting is praxis

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    let's not forget the judge who signed the warrant!

I thought they didn’t have a warrant; they claimed the “property owner gave them permission”
    Instead, officials reached out to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office. Armed with a search warrant, detectives drove more than 500 miles across Northern California in search of the goat.

According to the search warrant, deputies believed Cedar was staying at Bleating Hearts Farm and Sanctuary in Napa County, based on the fact that the sanctuary had posted on Instagram its support for Long and urging people to call the Shasta District Fair to convince them to spare Cedar. But long had taken Cedar to a farm in Sonoma County because she and her family live in a residential area in Shasta County and are unable to keep farm animals there.

Echoing language used when law enforcement search a home for drugs, the warrant allowed deputies to “utilize breaching equipment to force open doorway(s), entry doors, exit doors, and locked containers” and to search all rooms, garages and “storage rooms, and outbuildings of any kind large enough to accommodate a small goat.”

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    People should read the article about the goat

The real assholes are the county fair officials

The police in this instance were essentially recovering stolen property, which should never have been claimed to be stolen property; but was done so by county fair officials. Who were also the ones who slaughtered the goat.

Al_wat on
    Commander ZoomEthea
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

if you must do the bit at least go to the trouble of learning your lines

They both have the cadence of middle school students who may or may not have low literacy but definitely don't know how to read through line breaks.

I ate an engineer
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The SBNation twitter is currently locked indefinitely for trying to follow the dumb new rules

• proxy_hueproxy_hue Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Why cater to kids when you can cater to 30-something adult children? They have more money to spend! Instead of attracting new fans from a new generation we simply get more money from the people already invested! There's no possible way this plan could backfire!

I'm pretty sure this is Disney's whole business model. Kids aren't quite as plentiful and profitable now, so encouraging a host of adults to spend what they would on children on themselves to feel like kids again and be forever children, consuming adult-children's media nearly exclusively. It's fun for all monetizable ages!

proxy_hue on
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I’m so glad we had dairy goats and didn’t deal with the whole they win an award at the fair and it’s time for the butcher block thing.

Had the best goat in her division one year for the whole dang state and I would have burned the world and especially the fair if they ate her.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    VeldrinCelloDarmakMagellDisruptedCapitalistAlexandierShadowfireOghulkElvenshaeDarkPrimusArdolmatthias00Kristmas KthulhutynicMunkus BeavershoeboxjeddypookaRingoEinzelLokarnRhesus PositiveMan in the MistsMulysaSempronius
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I’m so glad we had dairy goats and didn’t deal with the whole they win an award at the fair and it’s time for the butcher block thing.

Had the best goat in her division one year for the whole dang state and I would have burned the world and especially the fair if they ate her.

My coworker's son-in-law got paid for a welding job with a calf (to raise and sell for meat), and now his wife is bottle feeding it and named her and now has a big ol pet lol

JtgVX0H.png
    DepressperadoGustavmrpakuPoorochondriacDisruptedCapitalistDiarmuidAlexandierminor incidentCaptain InertiaJohnny ChopsockyShadowfireOdinBloodsheedCarpyOghulkTynnanElvenshaeDarkPrimusArdolKristmas KthulhuMaddocsarukunUndead ScottsmanJragghenMunkus BeavershoeboxjeddypookaTonkkaEinzelLJDouglassponoMagic PinkNobeardRhesus PositiveMan in the Mists
    God we had a big stupid cow that thought she was a goat from a very similar origin. She also learned that goat fencing might not be adequate for creatures of her size and a folk hero of the goats was born.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    DarmakCellomrpakuPoorochondriacDisruptedCapitalistDiarmuidminor incidentCaptain InertiaNarbusShadowfireVeldrinOdinBloodsheedhonovereCarpyOghulkTynnanElvenshaeDarkPrimusSirToastyArdolmatthias00Kristmas KthulhuKetarOneAngryPossumCommander ZoomsarukuntynicUndead ScottsmanMunkus BeavershoeboxjeddyKane Red RobeMorninglordpookaTonkkaRingoLJDouglasLokarnsponoOlivawNobeardSorceRhesus PositiveMan in the MistsMulysaSemproniusdurandal4532
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Reading the article, I’m just amazed that the fair officials, noting they were already getting negative PR from this whole incident with the goat, decided the best move was to use the police to abduct the goat and have it slaughtered. Leading to the inevitable lawsuit and negative PR from this. Just A+ big brain energy there.

DarmakmrpakuReynoldsUbikZonugalAlexandierMillJohnny ChopsockyShadowfireElvenshaeAl_watArdolKristmas KthulhuKetarCommander ZoomtynicUndead ScottsmanshoeboxjeddyMorninglordpookaLokarnOlivawNobeardSorceMan in the MistsSporkAndrewdurandal4532Ethea
    never die wrote: »
    Reading the article, I’m just amazed that the fair officials, noting they were already getting negative PR from this whole incident with the goat, decided the best move was to use the police to abduct the goat and have it slaughtered. Leading to the inevitable lawsuit and negative PR from this. Just A+ big brain energy there.

Seriously, way to go teaching a 9 year old that adults (especially any officials in a position of power) are not to be trusted. I wouldn't be surprised if she never raises another animal, at least I probably wouldn't. Just absolutely soul crushing to hear about, and I hope they all fucking burn in hell

JtgVX0H.png
    AlexandierOghulkElvenshaenever dieArdolCommander ZoomshoeboxjeddyRingoEinzelLokarnMagic PinkSorceMan in the MistsEthea
    edited April 2023
    While I think there is something to living on a farm teaching some pretty hard lessons on mortality and the various processes of life to you fairly early on… I also think that if you do a goat heist you should get to keep the goat.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
    MagellCelloOghulkElvenshaenever dieArdolsarukuntynicUndead ScottsmanshoeboxjeddypookaLJDouglasOlivawNobeard
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My big question I ask is what the article says.

It says they did it to teach the kid a lesson, what fucken lesson were they teaching the kid? Is it that they’re a bunch of cunts?

mrpakuCelloDisruptedCapitalistShadowfireOdinhonovereElvenshaeDarkPrimusnever dieArdolKristmas KthulhusarukunUndead ScottsmanshoeboxjeddyKane Red RobepookaLJDouglasLokarnMagic PinkOlivawNobeardSorceMan in the MistsEthea
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    dynv9x43s3m5.png

GustavMagellVeldrinJokermanshoeboxjeddyRingoOlivawRhesus PositiveMan in the MistsQuantum Tiger
    Combo of it builds character and also recognizing where your food comes from is probably the general idea. Also just the nature of having to come to terms with the fact if you work in the some areas livestock than you are raising animals to be eaten.

This definitely has more whiffs of “we’ll show those softie wusses” though. Especially if this was their only goat if I read that article correctly. Seems like a silly amount of effort to go to get one goat to slaughter.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    ReynoldsElvenshaeCommander Zoomnever dieknitdanNobeard
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    (let's try to avoid gendered insults)

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    ElvenshaeOpty
    That said you will not find more petty tyrants on parade than at a county fair

aGPmIBD.jpg
    destroyah87Captain InertiaCommander Zoomnever dieknitdanRingo
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I wrote a whole post about why kids don't have anywhere to go but, yeah, it's mostly that people don't see any money in catering to children specifically when they can cater to EVERY DEMOGRAPHIC AT ONCE instead and make a worse product for everyone. You combine that with the intense fearmongering conservatives do about...everything, and you've got a combo of "capitalism doesn't see value in this," and "government programs that might create some of these spaces with taxpayer money are getting their budgets slashed or some TERF directed their lunatic social media following to direct bomb threats at a park because it's 'woke'"

Thinking of some of the stuff I did as a kid, and what's still around...I looked up what Little League costs, and it's not...wildly expensive to sign up, but signing up is only half the problem, and it's only...in the summer. The Boy Scouts are filing bankruptcy to get out from under a mountain of abuse lawsuits, and even without that the only places that had been willing to house them had been churches. My neighborhood growing up had a bunch of kids that were roughly my age, and now the only time there are kids in that neighborhood is when my nieces and nephews visit my parents.

Let's be honest, it's not just kids that get hosed here either. They definitely get the worst end of the deal; especially, if they are poor.

There are a ton of places that have decided that we need to let shithead rich fuckers exploit the hell out of everyone. So if someone can't place a gate and charge an admission fee, it isn't worth having. NIMBYs just make it worse because they let the assholes obscure what it's really about and also fuck NIMBYs, it's never been about property values, it's that they are assholes that think they get to lord over everyone else on what is or isn't allowed in the "community." I use the scare quotes because I'd argue many places really aren't communities anymore, sure you have people that live in a general area, but everything is setup to essentially discourage them from ever interacting at apartments and neighborhoods they live in.

If you're poor or have a disability that limits your ability to drive. You're pretty much looking at your ability to interact and form bonds with actual people being greatly curtailed.

destroyah87Bloodsheednever dieBahamutZEROMan in the Mists
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

My coworker's son-in-law got paid for a welding job with a calf (to raise and sell for meat), and now his wife is bottle feeding it and named her and now has a big ol pet lol

I assume he already had livestock to start with but I'm really hoping he didn't.

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Gotta teach kids that those in power don't care about you and will use you for their ends at a young age.

When I was in second grade, our class was asked to take part in a news story an Australian news crew was doing, looking for volunteers. They asked if anyone liked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and of course myself and most of my classmates were like OH YES US! and we were so jazzed to help people in Australia see how much we liked it.

They had one kid who lived across ntue street from the school host, a bunch of us came over with instructions to bring their favorite toy(I figured there's going to be so many turtles I'd be really smart and original and bring Ghengis Frog because iman connoisseur you see). They filmed us running around and playing in the backyard and interviewed a group of us(local paper too).

A year later in third grade we got sent a tape of the program that aired in Australia.

It was a fucking hit piece.

Some kid in Australia jumped off a stone wall shouting 'Im Michaelangelo!' and broke his leg. The entire program was edited footage of these violent American kids jump kicking and mashing turtles with weapons into foot soldiers or bebop and rocksteady and shouting. Look at the sad state of violent children's programming coming out of America and how it influences our poor innocent Aussie youth!

I was so mad. So goddamn mad. Our awful teacher was agreeing with it and I got in trouble for saying I was tricked into making a thing I love looking bad. This was the same teacher who said Mario teaches violence and I lost a recess because I got up and said no, I play Mario all the time and I never juno on turtles and kick them into their friends or collect coins!

I became a cynic in the spot for life after that.

I hope the goat girl grows up to become a revolutionary and burns the system down.

Shadowfireph blakeDepressperadoHacksawElvenshaeDarkPrimusmatthias00Kristmas KthulhuArdolJohnny ChopsockysarukuntynicUndead ScottsmanDisruptedCapitalistJragghenshoeboxjeddynever dieBahamutZEROPerrsunMrMonroepookaknitdanRingoKelorEinzelLJDouglasLokarnsponoMagic PinkOlivawNobeardSorceMan in the MistsEthea
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2023

Remember when Elon Musk publicly discriminated against a disabled worker and then had to apologize when it turned out firing the worker would cost 100 million dollars? Since then Elon’s been repeatedly making friendly replies to the guy and the guy has never responded.
    FslrKxjXoAI9fdD.jpg
    FslrKxhXsAAa_ho.jpg
    FslrKxhWAAE2iox.jpg
    FslrKxiXoAE3aSr.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
    minor incidentMagellOghulkHacksawElvenshaeGoose!DarkPrimusArdolsarukuntynicUndead ScottsmanMunkus Beavershoeboxjeddynever dieAzraithTNTrooperCelloEinzelLJDouglassponoOlivawRhesus PositiveSporkAndrew
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Twitter appears to be deboosting tweets with words like "sex," "lesbian," and "trans" in them

"Faggot" appears to be fine

Couscous on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    My big question I ask is what the article says.

It says they did it to teach the kid a lesson, what fucken lesson were they teaching the kid? Is it that they’re a bunch of cunts?

the government will lie to you at every turn

also, fuck you small child

mrpakuminor incidentnever dieRhesus PositiveMan in the Mists
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Twitter appears to be deboosting tweets with words like "sex," "lesbian," and "trans" in them

"Faggot" appears to be fine

Oh, wow, weird. I wonder how that happened. Could it be related to the rise of antisemitism on the site that started after Musk took over? Total mystery.

ElvenshaeJragghenMunkus Beavernever dieKane Red RobeMagic Pink
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Thought the article said they were trying to teach her a lesson of "abiding by the rules"

Very cop

AlexandierDeath of Rats
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    All cops suck. No exceptions.

Pretend cops are the worst. You don't even have a badge and a gun and you're gonna boss me around? Pathetique!

minor incidentAlexandiernever dieMagellShadowfireRingoLokarnMagic PinkOlivawSorceMan in the Mists
    Darmak wrote: »

I assume he already had livestock to start with but I'm really hoping he didn't.

I don't think they do! I could be wrong tho, but either way it's still pretty funny imo

JtgVX0H.png
    Brovid Hasselsmof
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    All cops suck. No exceptions.

Pretend cops are the worst. You don't even have a badge and a gun and you're gonna boss me around? Pathetique!

that girl right now

3io6zt7a7n3i.png

Magic Pink
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    PBS still has a lot of good stuff! Sesame Street still shows up on there, lots of shows with good representation like Rosie's Rules and Molly of Denali. Even weird things like Odd Squad which is all about educational stuff while being very weird. Daniel Tiger which is a sequel to Mr. Rogers about the people that live in that little castle.

I do have a kid and the pbs app is on our roku tv quite frequently.

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    ElvenshaeMortal SkyCaptain Inertia
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    You know, I'll give Elon this, I kinda like Twitters April Fools joke. How they said they would remove legacy blue ticks on April 1st and then they didn't and now there's a bunch of legacy verified people trying to figure out how to get their tick removed so it doesn't look like they paid for Blue.

I mean, I'm assuming it's a... right?

cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

BY LITERALLY ONE VOTE

PARK CHAN-WOOK BEATS BONG JOON HO TO WIN BLANK CHECK 2023 MARCH MADNESS

ONE EFFING VOTE

I CAN'T BREATHE

What a finish!

minor incidentSweeney TomMaddocZonugalMagelltynic
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I'm more of a Bong man than a Park man, myself

Captain InertiaOlivaw
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Maybe democracy isn’t dead!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Maybe democracy isn’t dead!

Whoa whoa, let's not get wild here

JtgVX0H.png
    Magic Pink
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2023

Twitter gave a verified organization badge to a fan remake account without asking

Couscous on
    minor incidentOneAngryPossumKetarUndead ScottsmanJragghenJohnny ChopsockyCommander Zoomshoeboxjeddydestroyah87Munkus BeaverCarpySweeney TomElvenshaeBahamutZEROTynnanHacksawMaddocAzraithnever dieToxMagellKristmas KthulhuShadowfireGnizmoOdinTNTrooperArdolfacetiousReynoldsOlivawNobeardSorceRhesus PositiveMan in the MistsMulysaSempronius
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

BY LITERALLY ONE VOTE

PARK CHAN-WOOK BEATS BONG JOON HO TO WIN BLANK CHECK 2023 MARCH MADNESS

ONE EFFING VOTE

I CAN'T BREATHE

What a finish!

Well deserved, finally a vote I'm proud of

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    People should read the article about the goat

The real assholes are the county fair officials

The police in this instance were essentially recovering stolen property, which should never have been claimed to be stolen property; but was done so by county fair officials. Who were also the ones who slaughtered the goat.

The police are perfectly culpable too, as they have taken great pains to win court cases that say they are not legally obligated to do anything they don't feel like.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Kane Red RobeElvenshaeMortal SkyHacksawshoeboxjeddyJragghenKristmas KthulhuOdinRanlinMillOlivawSorceMan in the Mists
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Nothing a cop loves more than killing pets

ElvenshaeMortal SkyHacksawshoeboxjeddyZonugalTynnanUbikBahamutZEROmrpakuPoorochondriacAlexandierMagellminor incidentKristmas KthulhuShadowfireDarmakOdinH0b0manArdolfacetiousproxy_hueLJDouglasLokarnOlivawNobeardSorceRhesus PositiveMan in the MistsSporkAndrew
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I'm more of a Bong man than a Park man, myself

They go together quite swimmingly tho

This discussion has been closed.