As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮- Jedi Survivor & AmazeVR Megan Thee Stallion VR Concert out today!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I bet you could take a punch or two.

I say with love.

Depends on who is punching

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Was genuinely tempted to pick up the Dead Space remake for fifty bucks, but I’m not sure if they patched the weirdness on PC I heard about

Also I’m starting to get a little worried my aging 2060 can’t quite compete with the PS5 at the moment

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Was genuinely tempted to pick up the Dead Space remake for fifty bucks, but I’m not sure if they patched the weirdness on PC I heard about

Also I’m starting to get a little worried my aging 2060 can’t quite compete with the PS5 at the moment

*Cries in 1070ti*

OdinCrippl3BloodsheedPerrsundarunia106Dizzy DLeumasWhiteBionicPenguinKarozLucedes
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I need to find some Metroidvanias on sale

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1546710/Vernal_Edge/

Karoz
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I need to find some Metroidvanias on sale

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1546710/Vernal_Edge/

Oh damn! That looks quite good!

Happy Little Machine
    Forza Horizon 5 keeps eyeballing me

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ugh. Why does the Steam Deck have to be on sale. I can't decide if I actually want one!?! Gah.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

The JudgeShadowfire
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Is the Deck more comfortable than the switch in handheld?

Ugh. Why does the Steam Deck have to be on sale. I can't decide if I actually want one!?! Gah.

I love mine. Definitely worth the purchase if you play games on Steam

Elderlycrawfish
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Which version did you get?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Which version did you get?

The Model 2 256GB. I figure I can expand the memory when I need to and most of the games I play on Steam are smaller niche titles so the 256 has been fine for now.

Elderlycrawfish
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Carpy wrote: »

Veldrin on
    Veldrin wrote: »

Well I hate playing my Switch handheld and I love my Steamdeck.

It’s just a solid piece of hardware

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

IMO yeah, by a lot, but I also think the Switch's ergonomics are turbotrash and that handling an angry wolverine is probably more comfortable, so you know make that as you will. The biggest sticking point is that L and R are kinda awkward, feeling too high up, and of course the damn thing is way heavier.

minor incident
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited March 2023

Don’t you have Game Pass?

I feel like buying a Forza Horizon is only really worth it now if you’re going for the “comes with the DLC” editions.

Perrsun on
    Perrsun wrote: »

Don’t you have Game Pass?

I feel like buying a Forza Horizon is only really worth it now if you’re going for the “comes with the DLC” editions.

Oh yeah. I do.

Perrsun
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

I feel like people absolutely will go back to old movies and say that the story or effects or whatever don't hold up?

Like I know the thing here is "no tank controls are Good, Actually and a deliberate choice" but it seems completely fair to say "it is difficult to go back to this older piece of media, especially now that a more modern version is available, due to these factors that were a product of their time"

A Dabble Of TheloniusShadowfireOdinTofystedethCaedwyrBloodsheedsarukunCrippl3PreacherMysstElvenshaeOlivawHappy Little Machinenever dieCantideLucedesSweeney TomMunkus Beaver

STEVE ANSWER THE QUESTION

One of the big differences between the Switch and the Steamdeck is build quality.

When I’m playing the Switch I feel like I could easily twist and break it. The Steamdeck is solid. The weight feels much better and it feels like it would take a real effort to break it.

I did!!!! Didn’t I?!?

Now I don’t know…

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Steam Deck is chunkier without being wildly heavier. (Switch is just under a pound, Steam Deck is 1.5lbs)

The extra heft makes it much more comfortable to hold though, with bigger more ergonomic hand holds (unless you use something like the Hori split pad for Switch)

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Movies aren't Games

Crippl3
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Movies aren't Games

Aren’t they?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Movies aren't Games

source????

CouscousMagic PinkOdinsarukunOlivawP10Sweeney Tom
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I have to use aftermarket joycons or a grip case to make the switch even remotely comfortable for by ogre hands, but the Steam Deck feels about 80% of the way to an Xbox controller right out of the box.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust

I did!!!! Didn’t I?!?

Now I don’t know…

*rolls the chair in uncomfortably close and points the desklamp right in your eyes*
    Is. the Deck. more comfortable. than the switch. in handheld?.

Kristmas KthulhuCarpyMagic PinkTofystedeth
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Movies aren't Games

Aren’t they?

They move!

I did!!!! Didn’t I?!?

Now I don’t know…

*rolls the chair in uncomfortably close and points the desklamp right in your eyes*
    Is. the Deck. more comfortable. than the switch. in handheld?.

Yes! It was me!!! I killed Drew Barrymore at the beginning of Scream!!!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

I feel like people absolutely will go back to old movies and say that the story or effects or whatever don't hold up?

Like I know the thing here is "no tank controls are Good, Actually and a deliberate choice" but it seems completely fair to say "it is difficult to go back to this older piece of media, especially now that a more modern version is available, due to these factors that were a product of their time"

Go back and watch Return of the King. The fights are hard to watch now, especially plastic Legolas surfing the elephants.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The Diablo 4 beta started which I got because I got a double down the other day

It is a Diablo, and feels very dated

I'll probably not be buying the full thing for other reasons (blizzard) as well but it was worth it out of sandwich curiosity

sarukunKaroz
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    plastic Legolas surfing the elephants

that bit was already terrible at the time

Brovid HasselsmofOdinElendilDisruptedCapitalist3cl1ps3CouscousTynnanOlivawSageinaRageCalicaLucedesIncenjucarMunkus Beaver
    edited March 2023
    Oliphants, please

And remember it still only counts as one

Tallahasseeriel on
    Magic PinkIoloKarozElvenshaeOlivaw
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    How does final fantasy x hold up?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    The dub is still awkward as it always was because of early voiced game tech limitations, but it's still a good RPG overall

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Tofystedeth
    How does final fantasy x hold up?

in what way?

if you like finfans it's one of the easier ones for the main story and one of the absolute most insufferable for extra content

the world is really colorful and interesting, and so are most of the characters

tidus is the dumbest boy that ever lived, but he's got heart and isn't a mopey baby

MaddocSnicketysnickTrajan45ZonugalBionicPenguinElvenshaeOlivawMortal SkyLucedes
    also generally it comes with x-2 which is super fun with the dumbest story ever

Maddoc
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I usually set a budget for a Steam sale and see how many of the games I want I can make fit.

I also have the model 3 steam deck and I like the heft. I feel like I'm going to snap the switch in half.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7BLVGa3sM
    00:10 ► #10 Anima Flux
    00:34 ► #9 The Spirit of the Samurai
    01:30 ► #8 SPONSOR: Soul Passage
    02:38 ► #7 Toziuha Night: Order of the Alchemists
    03:33 ► #6 SteamDolls - Order Of Chaos
    04:12 ► #5 Moonlight Pulse
    05:07 ► #4 Souno’s Curse
    06:36 ► #3 Silent Santicado
    07:36 ► #2 Elypse
    09:06 ► #1 TEVI

MORE upcoming Metroidvanias to look forward to!

I want a steam deck still but I don't want to spend the money

Maybe when my car is paid off at the end of the year

This discussion has been closed.