As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮- Jedi Survivor & AmazeVR Megan Thee Stallion VR Concert out today!

19394969899101

Posts

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Preacher wrote: »
    I am forever thankful that Mark Hamil isn't a piece of shit like in his personal life. So many people from his generation are.

    We had an election in Alaska last year between Mary Peltola (D) and a Kelly Tshibaka (R) (and others, because Ranked Choice is good like that). Since Tshibaka sounds a bit like "Chewbacca" so her campaign ordered a bunch of lightsabers to give out at press events.

    They ordered them from China (Which is funny because she's a ra-ra-ra America republican) where they got caught in customs for weeks and barely arrived before the election.

    Meanwhile someone pointed this out to Mark Hamill, who went on tweet an endorsement of Peltola and eventually even filmed one as well.

    Undead Scottsman on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mark has also made it a habit to visit sick and dying children in hospitals over the years, which to me is a real heroic thing because the thought of it makes me sad let alone the act of it.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023

    Gutted by the @waypoint layoffs and effective shuttering of the publication. Truly don’t have the words for what it (and everyone who helped make it what it was, past and present) have meant to me. For a while there, we—and then they—got to make some cool shit. Love to the team.


    I'm not sure where to begin, except to say, with equal parts fury and sadness, that Waypoint is over. The team, myself included, have been terminated by VICE, and our final day running the website, the podcasts, and streams, will come to an end on June 2nd.

    looks like waypoint is gone

    Brolo on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    VICE has always been a stack of cops in a skater costume, fuck 'em.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Or will be in about five weeks. Fuckin' blows man.

  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    VICE has always been a stack of cops in a skater costume, fuck 'em.

    God damn if that isn’t the best description of VICE I’ve ever heard.

    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    VICE has always been a stack of cops in a skater costume, fuck 'em.

    Waypoint wasn't, though.

  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    No. No, they weren't. Which is why fuck VICE.

    Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    MISREADYOURPOSTSORRY

    EDIT: Seriously, I thought you were saying Waypoint was also bad. Super sorry!

    Undead Scottsman on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Does this Waypoint have anything to do with the Waypoint that makes River City Girls, Shantae, Ducktales Remastered, etc.?

  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I liked Waypoint, which was just canned by VICE, so now I am verbally abusing VICE, the parent company of Waypoint.

    I think I'm making sense, but it's been a long day.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Does this Waypoint have anything to do with the Waypoint that makes River City Girls, Shantae, Ducktales Remastered, etc.?

    No, because that is "WayForward".

  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Does this Waypoint have anything to do with the Waypoint that makes River City Girls, Shantae, Ducktales Remastered, etc.?

    no

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I liked Waypoint, which was just canned by VICE, so now I am verbally abusing VICE, the parent company of Waypoint.

    I think I'm making sense, but it's been a long day.

    No, that was my fault. I'm a little touchy right now due to the news and I thought you were saying Waypoint was as bad as the rest of Vice. This one is completely on me!

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    NOW KISSSSSSSSSSSS

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Then we have an accord! Fuck VICE.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Here, here!

    EDIT: Hear, hear! :blush:

    Undead Scottsman on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

    ✨ SURPRISE! ✨ We’ve got EVEN MORE Unpacking merch for you all, which YES, includes PLUSHIES!!! 🎉 This includes Piggy, Tiger, Mama Hen & Chicks (of course!), Froggy, Kitty, Bluey the Dragon, Cool Duck, and Beetle. They are super cuddle-able, so make room for them! 🐷🐯🐣🐸🐞📦

  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    List of Bugsnax I'd like to eat tonight:
    Bunger
    Fryder

  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Does this Waypoint have anything to do with the Waypoint that makes River City Girls, Shantae, Ducktales Remastered, etc.?

    No, because that is "WayForward".

    Huh. I've been calling them Waypoint for years at this point, I think. Whoops.

  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Been playing this thing, pretty fun sports ball

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buk-A68b9Aw&ab_channel=OmegaStrikers

  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I played its beta thing for a bit. Was fun.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

    ✨ SURPRISE! ✨ We’ve got EVEN MORE Unpacking merch for you all, which YES, includes PLUSHIES!!! 🎉 This includes Piggy, Tiger, Mama Hen & Chicks (of course!), Froggy, Kitty, Bluey the Dragon, Cool Duck, and Beetle. They are super cuddle-able, so make room for them! 🐷🐯🐣🐸🐞📦

    I enjoyed Unpacking, but there's something a bit funny to me about getting the Official Stuff from the game about trying to find a reasonable place to put all your random stuff

  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    large robots remain, in fact, neat

    Relevant (explicit)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUZevH5yK3Q

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    VICE has always been a stack of cops in a skater costume, fuck 'em.

    Please explain because I thought vice was the closet we had to an american version of the Guardian.

    Which isn't great, but look it's all we have here in the UK

  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

    Gutted by the @waypoint layoffs and effective shuttering of the publication. Truly don’t have the words for what it (and everyone who helped make it what it was, past and present) have meant to me. For a while there, we—and then they—got to make some cool shit. Love to the team.


    I'm not sure where to begin, except to say, with equal parts fury and sadness, that Waypoint is over. The team, myself included, have been terminated by VICE, and our final day running the website, the podcasts, and streams, will come to an end on June 2nd.

    looks like waypoint is gone

    This is the second time this year that a video game publication, that is supported by subscriptions, has seen layoffs or been shuttered. From my understanding of Waypoint, Waypoint's subscription service was wildly successful. It seems weird to completely close a company that seems to be able to support itself.

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    VICE has always been a stack of cops in a skater costume, fuck 'em.

    God damn if that isn’t the best description of VICE I’ve ever heard.

    I never enjoyed vice articles whenever I came across them, but couldn't put my finger on why. Congrats for solving that mystery for me @Jedoc

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

    Gutted by the @waypoint layoffs and effective shuttering of the publication. Truly don’t have the words for what it (and everyone who helped make it what it was, past and present) have meant to me. For a while there, we—and then they—got to make some cool shit. Love to the team.


    I'm not sure where to begin, except to say, with equal parts fury and sadness, that Waypoint is over. The team, myself included, have been terminated by VICE, and our final day running the website, the podcasts, and streams, will come to an end on June 2nd.

    looks like waypoint is gone

    This is the second time this year that a video game publication, that is supported by subscriptions, has seen layoffs or been shuttered. From my understanding of Waypoint, Waypoint's subscription service was wildly successful. It seems weird to completely close a company that seems to be able to support itself.

    Someone else has commented on this elsewhere, but basically the success of Waypoint+ was a surprise to Vice and enough to keep them afloat for longer than they would otherwise, but is likely not enough to be completely independent and support 4 people's salaries all on its own

  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

    Gutted by the @waypoint layoffs and effective shuttering of the publication. Truly don’t have the words for what it (and everyone who helped make it what it was, past and present) have meant to me. For a while there, we—and then they—got to make some cool shit. Love to the team.


    I'm not sure where to begin, except to say, with equal parts fury and sadness, that Waypoint is over. The team, myself included, have been terminated by VICE, and our final day running the website, the podcasts, and streams, will come to an end on June 2nd.

    looks like waypoint is gone

    This is the second time this year that a video game publication, that is supported by subscriptions, has seen layoffs or been shuttered. From my understanding of Waypoint, Waypoint's subscription service was wildly successful. It seems weird to completely close a company that seems to be able to support itself.

    Someone else has commented on this elsewhere, but basically the success of Waypoint+ was a surprise to Vice and enough to keep them afloat for longer than they would otherwise, but is likely not enough to be completely independent and support 4 people's salaries all on its own

    That is true.

    A larger issue might also be the massive layoffs Vice in general did today, including their news journalism department. They've apparently been trying to sell the company but went from being valued at 7 billion to less than a billion in five years, so that is also likely a large factor in it.

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There is that as well

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    matthias00 wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

    ✨ SURPRISE! ✨ We’ve got EVEN MORE Unpacking merch for you all, which YES, includes PLUSHIES!!! 🎉 This includes Piggy, Tiger, Mama Hen & Chicks (of course!), Froggy, Kitty, Bluey the Dragon, Cool Duck, and Beetle. They are super cuddle-able, so make room for them! 🐷🐯🐣🐸🐞📦

    I enjoyed Unpacking, but there's something a bit funny to me about getting the Official Stuff from the game about trying to find a reasonable place to put all your random stuff

    I had Unpacking merch every time I moved house.

  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    VICE has always been a stack of cops in a skater costume, fuck 'em.

    God damn if that isn’t the best description of VICE I’ve ever heard.

    I never enjoyed vice articles whenever I came across them, but couldn't put my finger on why. Congrats for solving that mystery for me @Jedoc

    here's my post about vice : )

    liEt3nH.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    never die wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

    Gutted by the @waypoint layoffs and effective shuttering of the publication. Truly don’t have the words for what it (and everyone who helped make it what it was, past and present) have meant to me. For a while there, we—and then they—got to make some cool shit. Love to the team.


    I'm not sure where to begin, except to say, with equal parts fury and sadness, that Waypoint is over. The team, myself included, have been terminated by VICE, and our final day running the website, the podcasts, and streams, will come to an end on June 2nd.

    looks like waypoint is gone

    This is the second time this year that a video game publication, that is supported by subscriptions, has seen layoffs or been shuttered. From my understanding of Waypoint, Waypoint's subscription service was wildly successful. It seems weird to completely close a company that seems to be able to support itself.

    Someone else has commented on this elsewhere, but basically the success of Waypoint+ was a surprise to Vice and enough to keep them afloat for longer than they would otherwise, but is likely not enough to be completely independent and support 4 people's salaries all on its own

    That is true.

    A larger issue might also be the massive layoffs Vice in general did today, including their news journalism department. They've apparently been trying to sell the company but went from being valued at 7 billion to less than a billion in five years, so that is also likely a large factor in it.

    Yeah I kinda doubt they even really looked too hard at the specific financials of Waypoint. Good chance the bosses just gave themselves a quota to lay off X people, saw Waypoint and went "what the fuck is that", then gave it the axe.

    Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Re: colourblind settings, I must amend my previous comments

    Jedi Survivor has the best colourblind settings I've ever seen. Large colour selection for all UI elements, including enemy highlights and interaction highlights, with a sample screen for each so you can compare and adjust all the elements.

    This verges on participatory UI design with the players, even.

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG86XwlMLoI
    Spend Winter break with the popular and unapproachable Prince of the Empire in this cozy and heartwarming Magic Academy dating sim.
    20230428 Academy Carols (Casual Dating Sim Simulation Romance Magic )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h0JgGW3h1U
    Dino Tauma introduces you to a secret laboratory somewhere in eastern Europe where gore and dinosaurs isn't unusual thing. Retro FPS inspired by the '90s legends.
    20230428 Dino Trauma (FPS Retro Action Dinosaurs Singleplayer )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZgav0w-6k0
    Travel to a futuristic world and immerse yourself in the AmazeVR Megan Thee Stallion VR Concert. You'll encounter the Grammy-winning rapper in an exclusive performance. Experience the fusion of VFX and 3D footage, witness Megan's incredible talent, and engage with her for an unforgettable moment.
    20230428 AmazeVR Megan Thee Stallion VR Concert (Simulation VR Realistic Music Singleplayer)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWF2Z2JFGwI
    Fast-paced action rogue-Like survival with a touch of Soul-like, Challenging yet rewarding gameplay!, Battle with horde of monsters, Build your favorite hero with powerful skills and weapons in Action Rogue-like style, Fight your way to the epic boss and become a legend.
    20230428 Sole Saga (Action Roguelike Bullet Hell Difficult Roguelite )

    Climb New York VR is a great Climbing game where you can free run. In Climb New York VR, you can freely do everything you want to do in real life, where you can complete the parkour by jumping over the buildings, where you can time travel through portals.
    20230428 Climb New York Parkour VR (Action Casual Adventure Simulation Sports)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GfeVLVfT2M
    Summer, 1954. A perfect vacation awaits three best friends, playing games, making crazy plans, and running from bullies... Until they meet the vampire. What really happened that summer at Varney Lake?
    20230428 Varney Lake (Adventure Interactive Fiction Supernatural 2D)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmj3ty-Wt48
    The story of Cal Kestis continues in STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™, a galaxy-spanning, third-person, action-adventure game.
    20230428 STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ (Action Adventure Sci-fi Souls-like Space )

  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Is that.... relevant

  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Raven is the PC's callsign in many of the AC games.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Yeah, the player character is called "Raven" in most of the games, either as a job title or a call sign or moniker.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Is that so?

    GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.