As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮- Jedi Survivor & AmazeVR Megan Thee Stallion VR Concert out today!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    At least in the older, PS1 and PS2 games you were always a/the raven. To Fromsoft's credit, they didn't use that name after the appropriately named last PS2 game, Armored Core: Last Raven.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Is that so?

So Raven, yes.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    The new trailer mentions the callsign "Raven" as well.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    In the trailer for AC6, the callsign "Raven" comes up, and someone apparently says that it belongs to someone else. So the PC is a new person using the title of previous characters for some reason.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So what kind of game is Varney Lake, anyway?

I ate an engineer
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    milski wrote: »
    So what kind of game is Varney Lake, anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9paOflyRDs4

I haven't done much with it, but its from the same team that made Mothmen 1966

which is a C64-styled narrative horror adventure/visual novel, where you largely pick options from text prompts as the story progresses

Brolo on

A note from the Jedi Team on the PC version of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

"honestly who even knows how computers work, fuck me, somebody'll f probably figure this out I guess"

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    i do not understand how it is financially viable to release your game in such a state that it potentially tanks critical day one sales

there's no way it comes out ahead compared to just delaying, surely

Elendil on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    who could have seen that coming

certainly not the folks who wrote they'll release patches to fix performance before the game even released

Cal’s newest journey in a galaxy far, far away has begun and we’re excited for you to experience it!

Our first patch will arrive on launch day across all platforms. In the weeks ahead, we’ll deploy patches that will:

- Fix bugs
    - Improve performance
    - Add more accessibility features

Stay tuned for more updates!

Elendil wrote: »
    i do not understand how it is financially viable to release your game in such a state that it potentially tanks critical day one sales

just the high cost of having to market a large multi-platform launch on an international scale, very difficult to change the date once you've already committed that amount of money to marketing and promoting it

Also, I feel like the choice of games for the thread title is somehow... off.

I ate an engineer
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I forgot Survivor came out today and I work all weekend then I gotta move! I don't know when I can play it!

This is terrible I need to date my space witch girlfriend!

Brolo wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

just the high cost of having to market a large multi-platform launch on an international scale, very difficult to change the date once you've already committed that amount of money to marketing and promoting it

Also at this point the issues are very, very frequently specific to PCs and a huge portion of those are shader caching issues that are almost inherent to UE 4 targeting anything that isn't a standardized console SKU, so I imagine that developers are also more than willing to have good console performance + reviews and use that to drive PC sales vs. having PC stagger-stepping out the gate 2-4 weeks later.

I ate an engineer
    edited April 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7OVagiblPo

A Full HD IPS display allows customisation of the keyboard with any background image, video, or an interactive style. It can automatically switch between profiles to reveal the most relevant keyboard shortcuts and fully customisable macros for any software, or switch to any language.

Each key is magnetically suspended with rare earth magnets allowing them to be 97% transparent and ultra low friction. Each switch has 4mm of travel and will be available in linear and tactile variants. They also feature a software adjustable actuation point in 0.1mm increments and rapid trigger functionality through analog hall effect sensing.

Up to 4 modules can be attached to the keyboard magnetically to enhance your productivity and creativity. There are 4 varieties of modules available which can be combined in any assortment or order to match your use case and can be rearranged in seconds.

https://fluxkeyboard.com/

this is a very tempting concept that very much seems too good to be true

I really wonder how different the shipping version will be from these pitch videos

Brolo on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    A new generation of mpreg Sonic peripherals has arrived

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Remember the Optimus keyboard? That was a cool thing around 15 years ago. This seems like an even fancier version of that.

• useruser Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Remember the Optimus keyboard? That was a cool thing around 15 years ago. This seems like an even fancier version of that.

I mean I remember seeing the concept of that keyboard, but I don't think it ever became a product -- very akin to how there's concept cars.

That's one thing I've always wondered, how do I get into the business of merely 'conceiving' of things?

edited April 2023
    user wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

I mean I remember seeing the concept of that keyboard, but I don't think it ever became a product -- very akin to how there's concept cars.

That's one thing I've always wondered, how do I get into the business of merely 'conceiving' of things?

go to saudi arabia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLKjQ89mVo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kz5vEqdaSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY1FESa4UJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euRfrOcao4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrodDBJdGuo

Brolo on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Sekiro
    ndugbdn7xvx4.png

9igid7saj9po.png

I never re-applied the bell demon after dropping it early this month. Only used prothestics against the beasts (maybe against Gyoubu, but I honestly don't remember). Didn't use any combat arts against bosses. Only used a consumable against the Shichimen Warrior(s).

my personal best against Genichiro is about 1m 30s, with the typical run closer to 2 minutes. I had stretches where I could consistently beat him, but even today I struggled with some of it.

I think my personal best against Isshin, phase 1 is around 4 minutes, but I'd have to check the videos. I started recording mostly to get a timer on the screen, but there may have been some added value in seeing what just happened with phase 2.

I kept trying to grab the lightning from the environment, but there's so much happening and I'm not even sure you can. I did reflect one of his strikes, but then I got stuck on a rock and lost a resurrection node; since I'm not at all consistent with the re-direction, I just shelved the idea.

man, I hate those rocks so much. Constantly got stuck on them. His spear, at least twice (across all attempts), went straight through one; though I actually didn't get hit by either. I did get hit the one time it didn't go through

The successful attempt was about an hour, start-to-finish.

I am not in a hurry to get to NG+, but I think I will give it a go with upgraded stats and such.

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    So Jedi Survivor with HDR on PS5 is completely fucked
    Looks like a black and white pixel game from the 90s
    Good times, glad I paid money for it

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    what is?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    that's the Tekken director/producer shouting out the artist who designed Lili's costume in Tekken 8

next to him trashing an "ai" generated image of said character from some scrub asking what he thinks

ah harada's got good opinions about AI art theft, cool

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »

Playing this right now on PS5 with HDR turned on, and... seems okay to me? Maybe I'm just too early in the game for these graphical shenanigans I've heard about?

I'm also playing in Quality mode, because motherfucker I just downloaded a 147 GB game and I'll be GODDAMNED if I'm not going to look at some 4K textures as a result.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »

Playing this right now on PS5 with HDR turned on, and... seems okay to me? Maybe I'm just too early in the game for these graphical shenanigans I've heard about?

I'm also playing in Quality mode, because motherfucker I just downloaded a 147 GB game and I'll be GODDAMNED if I'm not going to look at some 4K textures as a result.

Nah it was literally unplayable from the first seconds for me. Could not see anything.
    I’ll try rebooting and whatever tomorrow.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - Definitive Edition | Reveal trailer

kSoMO8v.jpg[img][/img]

the might and magic series has been a lot of places

oh

okay

that's... just a giant ice dong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98cOgxfUa4Q
    The puzzle-RPG classic returns! Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - Definitive Edition is coming this summer to PC, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.

Plan your every move and combine your attacks to defeat your enemies in matching puzzle inspired battle scenarios, upgrade your heroes and creatures to unleash increasingly devastating attacks onto your opponents, and let the strategic thinker in you lead your troops to victory.

Whether in solo or duo, online or offline, mix and match your units to defeat your enemies to become the ultimate champion!

This Definitive Edition will include previously released DLC, refreshed character portraits, many quality-of-life improvements and an expanded, fully reworked and re-balanced online mode.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes was originally developed by Capybara Games.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    hopefully they nerf those elves

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Imagine the size it'll be when it's not freezing.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    How the hell is FF12 on Steam still $25 even on sale?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Square Enix

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I am forever thankful that Mark Hamil isn't a piece of shit like in his personal life. So many people from his generation are.

We had an election in Alaska last year between Mary Peltola (D) and a Kelly Tshibaka (R) (and others, because Ranked Choice is good like that). Since Tshibaka sounds a bit like "Chewbacca" so her campaign ordered a bunch of lightsabers to give out at press events.

They ordered them from China (Which is funny because she's a ra-ra-ra America republican) where they got caught in customs for weeks and barely arrived before the election.

Meanwhile someone pointed this out to Mark Hamill, who went on tweet an endorsement of Peltola and eventually even filmed one as well.

CORRECTION. Mary Peltola ran for a House seat while Kelly Tshibaka ran for (and lost) a Senate seat. Everything else about this is true as far as I know.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    How the hell is FF12 on Steam still $25 even on sale?

You don't want to know the NZD prices.

I'm interested in the FF7 remake, but it's firmly in "if someone gifts" me territory given it's price

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Square Enix

And wait until you see the prices Nintendo charges for its games.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Imagine the size it'll be when it's not freezing.

I like that this comment works both for the Jedi game and the ice dong.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    The first Jedi had one of my favorite bugs, the Stormtroopers who died but never stopped screaming, and it looks like that glitch got a sequel of it's own.

Giant Bomb hits it about 6 minutes into their quick look.

Fella gets his arm sliced off, and rather than die, he just kinda stands around in shock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGa993Za8Q

steam_sig.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I’m a weirdo who got the deluxe edition of Jedi Survivor. You can recolor the Luke and Han outfit parts so my Cal is rocking a sweet brown leather jacket and pants with that Corellian blood stripe of EU fame.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.