As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮- Jedi Survivor & AmazeVR Megan Thee Stallion VR Concert out today!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I’m a weirdo who got the deluxe edition of Jedi Survivor. You can recolor the Luke and Han outfit parts so my Cal is rocking a sweet brown leather jacket and pants with that Corellian blood stripe of EU fame.

I got that too, but the amount of different outfits has me changing frequently. My current combo is basically red headed white goodman with handlebar and long hair with a head band. Which makes some of the serious cut scenes hilarious. And I swear there is a direct Dash Rendar outfit in the game too.

I wish the game didn't have the issues people are having with it, its pretty much been a better version of fallen order in every aspect so far.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ok I’m going crazy but I can’t throw a rock in horizon forbidden west burning shores dlc. I know you have to press down on the dpad with it selected and she enters rock throwing stance, but she’s just refusing to do it, it’s driving me nuts

Prohass wrote: »
    Ok I’m going crazy but I can’t throw a rock in horizon forbidden west burning shores dlc. I know you have to press down on the dpad with it selected and she enters rock throwing stance, but she’s just refusing to do it, it’s driving me nuts

STICKS AND STONES AGAINST THE LIGHTNING

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    are you in a glass house? I think that disables it

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Gotta be without sin bro

edited April 2023
    I’m in the last dlc mission and I think it’s being funky with all my weapons, it won’t let me aim, but yeah I am completely unable to throw rocks, the most basic of technologies

Gonna reload and hope that helps

Prohass on
    I mean we aren't helping you and that does sounds stupid, but man Slym's comment made me laugh so we're all winners here.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Yeah restarted the game and it’s working now, what a weird glitch

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Poorochondriac hit me up with any questions as to the systems. I'm such a big fan of Library of Ruina, so I hope you enjoy it too. Did you ever play Lobotomy Corp.? The plot will explain everything you need to know from that game if you're concerned about the story (and IMO, I think the story is better for you not knowing the info because the revelations hit the player and characters at the same time instead of that dramatic irony of the player knowing something and waiting for the characters to learn.)

Missed the notification, my bad!

My current sticky wicket is that I'm unclear on what turn order is gonna be. I think I have a handle on individual clashes, but I've got two people on my team now, and when I'm up against a team of three, I'm getting a bit confused by the order of operations. Sometimes my people are switching the side of the screen they're on, sometimes I THINK my defensive card is gonna help me out and some chucklefuck swoops in to kick my teeth in.

I haven't played Lobotomy Corp, it hasn't been on sale since I wishlisted it. But I am getting pulled into the world, I think there are interesting things happening. But goddamn if the game isn't inaccessible and obtuse as hell. And the amount of time that can be lost by clicking the right mouse button in the wrong menu is INFURIATING. "Did you spend twenty minutes working on that deck build and then click wrong? Fuck yourself, dork."

Poorochondriac on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    oh

okay

that's... just a giant ice dong

Bonus is that the picture was taken from the shore of Dildo, Newfoundland.
    (Yes there is a Dildo, Newfoundland)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • JusticeJustice Registered User regular
    Can you make Cal not white, not male, or not human? If yes to any, then I'm in.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Justice wrote: »

No. He's a defined character, not a Souls block of mud protagonist.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

He is not defined or shaped by any of those characteristics, tho

Like, race is not really a construct in Star Wars and gender only occasionally matters. His species sometimes factors into the plot, but not in any immutable ways. No good reason why Cal can't be Val Kestis, tbh

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I mean. Shepard was a defined character and could look like anything.

I'm not saying Cal looking a specific way is a wrong artistic choice necessarily, but I don't think Cal being a defined character means he has to look a specific way.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    First mission done in Jedi Survivor, other than a couple allies walking on the spot briefly it's been smooth for me. You can disable the damage from falling on pits which I really appreciate.

First mission
    Aw, I liked the new crew Cal was with.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

He is not defined or shaped by any of those characteristics, tho

Like, race is not really a construct in Star Wars and gender only occasionally matters. His species sometimes factors into the plot, but not in any immutable ways. No good reason why Cal can't be Val Kestis, tbh

I always thought there was a frankly unsettling resemblance between Cal and Jesse Faden (Control). Just toss her model right over and bam you got a femcal.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I really do appreciate that Jedi Survivor continued one important thing from its predecessor: an absolutely silly walking animation

My first seconds watching gameplay footage and I’m immediately wondering why they animated his turning like that

Once is a mistake, twice is a choice, and if it’s a choice I have to respect the chutzpah

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I played through the majority of the first Jedi game with a gender swap mod enabled. Unfortunately there's no voice mod, so it's a fairly husky masc voice, but for the most part the biggest issue with it was I think animating the longer hair caused a bit of performance drop on my aged specs, but I preferred that to whitebread Cal.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    These are the devs that took out male/female options in Titanfall 2's SP because it was too hard and made the protag a dude in Fallen Order cus Star Wars already had a chick in the movies. Ain't no was the character gonna be anything other than a pale lookin duder.

• JusticeJustice Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Ah fuck it then. I'm already a white man with superpowers farts.

Pisses me off when you're stuck with a white guy, and a double pisser in my gullet when the response is that I should let the creator have their "vision" because if the vision depends on the whiteness of the character then we're either talking cutting social commentary which we never are or the creator's a bigot.

Justice on
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    man it is so funny to me that in RE4, Leon will climb up ladders, but he refuses to climb down them. You can only drop off of surfaces.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

I'm not saying Cal looking a specific way is a wrong artistic choice necessarily, but I don't think Cal being a defined character means he has to look a specific way.

I think the only argument that you can make is that the actor is doing motion capture and they're using his likeness for the model. So, they could have not done that, but since they did, I don't think you could have the model look like anything if you were doing that for the cinematics.

edit: I think the real answer is they should have chosen a poc actor instead of the whitest boy that has ever been white.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

I think the only argument that you can make is that the actor is doing motion capture and they're using his likeness for the model. So, they could have not done that, but since they did, I don't think you could have the model look like anything if you were doing that for the cinematics.

edit: I think the real answer is they should have chosen a poc actor instead of the whitest boy that has ever been white.

At least he's the gingerest boy that's ever gingered?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

What do you mean by "defined character"? The player defines every memorable attribute of Shepard. Their looks, powers, background, skills, romantic interest, etc. Certain attributes are fixed (you have to be a soldier who is skilled in some way in order to advance the game), but Shepard is significantly LESS defined than the vast majority of game protagonists. Vs the two Jedi games which are a set story where you decide literally none of that. Totally different kind of story games.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't really care if there's reasons cal has to be a white dude, I'd just be way more interested in those games if I could play either a woman or a non-human or both.

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited April 2023
    There’s a varied and cool cast around him which I enjoy. I mean I’m not going to knock anyone who’s not interested because of Cal, but I think he’s decent as defined protagonists go

Also in terms of obscure awards I give my “enemy bodies actually look like they have weight to them and lay realistically on the ground” award once again to horizon forbidden west after playing its dlc

Seeing like a Trex robot realistically crash to the ground as if it weighs 50 tonnes does so much to make battles feel like they have a cinematic exclamation point at the end

so many games have giant enemies that just pop and turn into a floaty beanbag chair as they awkwardly hover over the ground when their health hits zero, it’s a weird thing that happens in like every game.

But in horizon I spend half my time in awe of the detailed metal corpses of the robots strewn across the landscape after a battle

It comes down to just a bunch of individual effects like dirt kicking up, sparks and clouds of smoke, and a definitive “stop” that reflects the weight of something heavy hitting the ground

The fallen machines also become physical objects you can climb on and over, not just something to clip through or send flying about with goofy physics when you walk into it

Prohass on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Jedi guy is more of a Geralt, but he only has one sword, like a loser.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Poorochondriac hit me up with any questions as to the systems. I'm such a big fan of Library of Ruina, so I hope you enjoy it too. Did you ever play Lobotomy Corp.? The plot will explain everything you need to know from that game if you're concerned about the story (and IMO, I think the story is better for you not knowing the info because the revelations hit the player and characters at the same time instead of that dramatic irony of the player knowing something and waiting for the characters to learn.)

Missed the notification, my bad!

My current sticky wicket is that I'm unclear on what turn order is gonna be. I think I have a handle on individual clashes, but I've got two people on my team now, and when I'm up against a team of three, I'm getting a bit confused by the order of operations. Sometimes my people are switching the side of the screen they're on, sometimes I THINK my defensive card is gonna help me out and some chucklefuck swoops in to kick my teeth in.

I haven't played Lobotomy Corp, it hasn't been on sale since I wishlisted it. But I am getting pulled into the world, I think there are interesting things happening. But goddamn if the game isn't inaccessible and obtuse as hell. And the amount of time that can be lost by clicking the right mouse button in the wrong menu is INFURIATING. "Did you spend twenty minutes working on that deck build and then click wrong? Fuck yourself, dork."

Ok, so this is actually a simpler question than you may think. The order of operations is by speed die always. Whichever die is the highest is going to go first, so if you have Roland with a 2, your second librarian with a 1, and the first enemy has a 4, and the second a 3, then the first enemy's die resolves first, then the second enemy, then Roland, and then your librarian.

If whichever die the 4 is targeting targets the 4 back, then they clash. If the enemy with the 4 targets Roland, and then your librarian with a 1 targets the enemy with a 4, there is no clash, and the enemy hits roland first, and your librarian hits him later. If the enemy with the 4 targets the librarian with a 1, and you have the librarian with the 1 target the 4 back, then you'll clash instead.

If a character has more than one speed die, you just resolve each die individually.

The characters moving across the screen is just visual.

Hopefully that makes sense.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

He has the single, the staff dual saber and literally dual sabers! And an actual mullet like a man.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I think it's probably best to allow character customization except in games where you need to have a specific singular protagonist (and then you should really consider whether it needs to be another white dude) but man I will say Wo Long's already completely impenetrable jumping between various Three Kingdoms chapters was not made more compelling by your nameless protagonist looking massively out of place

I ate an engineer
    It is nice for Jedi Survivor that you have way more customization outfit and hair/facial hair for Cal. As I said my dude looks like White Goodman when you didn't have those options in the first game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I’m in the last dlc mission and I think it’s being funky with all my weapons, it won’t let me aim, but yeah I am completely unable to throw rocks, the most basic of technologies

Gonna reload and hope that helps

I can’t believe no one told you this, but you don’t have to reload rocks. They don’t take ammo.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

He has the single, the staff dual saber and literally dual sabers! And an actual mullet like a man.

Oh!

I stand corrected.

Jedi guy is more of a Geralt, but he is a Jedi guy, like a loser.

edited April 2023
    I only really like create a character in games that suit it like Skyrim. For more narrative intensive games I prefer a pre-made character that’s compelling and cohesive and fits. However that’s seperate from the main character being a white guy, like I both think the type of game it is suits a specific character, but also agree that it would’ve been more interesting a choice if it wasn’t a white human male

I think on a technical level if your game is all about a very narrative cinematic heavy experience, a motion captured real human face is always going to look better, and it takes a lot of effort to make an original character motion captured by someone else look good (god of war 2018 for instance) but I agree that they should have more variety in who that actor is in future games more broadly, more non male, non white actors for the roles and main characters

Prohass on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It is nice for Jedi Survivor that you have way more customization outfit and hair/facial hair for Cal. As I said my dude looks like White Goodman when you didn't have those options in the first game.

I just got a beard out of a crate. A crate!!

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7OVagiblPo

A Full HD IPS display allows customisation of the keyboard with any background image, video, or an interactive style. It can automatically switch between profiles to reveal the most relevant keyboard shortcuts and fully customisable macros for any software, or switch to any language.

Each key is magnetically suspended with rare earth magnets allowing them to be 97% transparent and ultra low friction. Each switch has 4mm of travel and will be available in linear and tactile variants. They also feature a software adjustable actuation point in 0.1mm increments and rapid trigger functionality through analog hall effect sensing.

Up to 4 modules can be attached to the keyboard magnetically to enhance your productivity and creativity. There are 4 varieties of modules available which can be combined in any assortment or order to match your use case and can be rearranged in seconds.

https://fluxkeyboard.com/

this is a very tempting concept that very much seems too good to be true

I really wonder how different the shipping version will be from these pitch videos

Here's a similar thing launching in two months (according to the countdown on their site), for $350.

...which is tempting, but 1) I'd definitely want a trial period to see how the thing feels to type on, and 2) I almost never look at my keyboard when typing, so...

https://youtu.be/OIIYxlIEEt0

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

That's where I got my beard. Didn't you?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    my mum made my beard for me

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Yes I too have a subscription to Beardcrate

This discussion has been closed.