As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮- Jedi Survivor & AmazeVR Megan Thee Stallion VR Concert out today!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I was sure the Jedi game must have character customisation precisely because the main guy in all the thumbnails looks so bland. Dude has major Default Face.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The other modes were a little too unfocused so I started a Franchise in Planet Zoo. My zoo has been open for over a year and turned a profit so I'm off to a good start. The animal selection has been pretty rough for a starting zoo, but that basically just means I'm not going to get the coolest animals for a while. I did start off with some Komodo Dragons so that's a nice focal point to the zoo entrance.

I like that there is a community goal to work for as well as the short term goals for my zoo in particular. The current weeks is already done, but I'm hoping I can get my Komodo dragons to procreate, but their last mating was unfruitful.

One of the guides I started watching a while ago was talking about how you're going to fail a bunch in franchise mode with bankrupt zoos, but I think that might be because they're all crazy people who make insanely detailed exhibits.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Jedi Survivor seems to be running fine on PS5 for me outside of some slowdown in a couple more explodey cutscenes

My only gripe is that I wish parries had a bit more of a distinctive noise to them ala Sekiro, because I'm sometimes kinda losing the flow of fights when I'm dueling tougher enemies

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I don’t really get bland from the Jedi survivor guy, I mean for a white guy he’s kind of ginger and pale and skinny, which isn’t your usual look for males in action games, at least not traditionally

Maybe Gordon freeman is the last one I can think of off the top of my head

Prohass on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I was sure the Jedi game must have character customisation precisely because the main guy in all the thumbnails looks so bland. Dude has major Default Face.

I wonder if anyone ever tells Cameron Monaghan he has a default face when they meet him.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    He's a generically handsome white dude. I guess different hair colour is a kind of diversity.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    He's a generically handsome white dude. I guess different hair colour is a kind of diversity.

FWIW I’m with you Smof, that dude is of the same stock as any other twenty something white dude who stars in movies and we can’t keep pretending otherwise

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    not sure if Breathedge just over-stayed its welcome or if it's suddenly become interesting
    the second chapter is a fairly involved process that culminates in access to a working shuttle, but which felt like it was trending towards the end of the game.

and now there's space combat sequences and you're limited to on-foot exploration of mostly intact vessels.

I'm not opposed to either of those things, and I wasn't really feeling the base-building aspect anyway: unlike Subnautica, you can't tear down a base for the same resources that went in (a bizarre choice imo). Having a mobile home just kinda raises the question of why the base-building is in the game at all. You spend chapter 2 learning all the recipes for building structures, and then immediately a) lose access to the one(s) you've built (if any) and b) can't build more for what seems likely to be several hours.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    He's the Joker, though. No one that looks like the Joker could be generic~!

sig.gif
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Prohass wrote: »
    I don’t really get bland from the Jedi survivor guy, I mean for a white guy he’s kind of ginger and pale and skinny, which isn’t your usual look for males in action games, at least not traditionally

Maybe Gordon freeman is the last one I can think of off the top of my head

Only other redhead dude thats coming to mind is Atreus from God of War, there HAS to be someone else but I've got nothing, like I'm sure there's probably some dudes from fighting games that are redheads

Crippl3 on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't know if you can call someone who looks like Archie Andrews not a bland-looking guy

liEt3nH.png
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Cameroon Montague has a good face tho, even if it is a plain guy face

I think he's cute, and I generally don't use "cute" when describing boys, but if I was at a little girl sleepover I'd tell them I had a crush on him.

edit: like, yeah it'd be cooler to not be White Guy variant 4, but as long as a twunk's around

Depressperado on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I undestand folks describing Cameron Monaghan as looking default and generic.

But as someone who primarily knows him from Gotham, he's got a pretty distinct look when you let him go full ham.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yd6w0luveahf.jpg
    “This is the ideal male style. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.”

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    oh my god you can change his hair and beard fuck I have to buy this game now damnit you guys

edit: it's even called "Mullet" how delightful!

Depressperado on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    There are some cool ass droids and aliens in Jedi Survivor. There is one of those dumb ass armless slug things, IE the best thing from Rise of the Skywalker. It has an eyepatch! There is a nude frog dude running around wearing only a blaster holster! There is a cool robot bartender that has a little mustache! This is what I want in a Star Wars game!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    anyone tried out Roots of Pacha? thinking of trying it with (borat voice) my wife but there's next to no impressions of it online besides user reviews that i could find

zkHcp.jpg
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    He looks like he should have been in a Mighty Ducks movie.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Rowsdower?

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    oh my god you can change his hair and beard fuck I have to buy this game now damnit you guys

edit: it's even called "Mullet" how delightful!

Yeah seeing the hair and beard options is legit what pushed me over the edge from "wait for a sale" to "guess I need to clear 200 gigs of hard drive space now".

steam_sig.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hey what makes the dk rap a rap

like i'm thinking about it and it seems like it's just a song

liEt3nH.png
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    hey what makes the dk rap a rap

like i'm thinking about it and it seems like it's just a song

look Grant Kirkhope is just a humble Northern English man, he was trying his best

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    There are some cool ass droids and aliens in Jedi Survivor. There is one of those dumb ass armless slug things, IE the best thing from Rise of the Skywalker. It has an eyepatch! There is a nude frog dude running around wearing only a blaster holster! There is a cool robot bartender that has a little mustache! This is what I want in a Star Wars game!

Don't forget the frog dude sounds exactly like Alpha from Power Rangers to the point I'm nearly convinced it is.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Don't forget the frog dude sounds exactly like Alpha from Power Rangers to the point I'm nearly convinced it is.

I got real fucking good news for you friend...

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    If the poetry is rhythmically applied, that's a rap

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    All this talk about how the Jedi guy has a generic white dude face has me thinking about my own generic white guy face. Just ugly enough that I have no appeal, but not ugly enough to be interesting.

And yet I still make characters that look like me when given the option in a videogame, those poor bastards

JtgVX0H.png
    I just think it is nice to play as a red haired protagonist. We don't have a lot of that.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I would have preferred anything other than a white male, but it's not a swole, roided up dude with a crew cut (unless you want the crew cut), so some progress from the 2000s.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Who is Palmer Luckey?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

What is weird to me is in the live-action trailer he looks less generic than he did in the game.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    reVerse wrote: »
    Who is Palmer Luckey?

A dorkass loser

Poorochondriac on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I've been reveling in that Luckey stuff like a pig in shit and he is SO MAD he got called out for being a right wing chud. He's still trying to post through it after that initial tweet.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Who is Palmer Luckey?

one of the initial famous people surrounding vr development, his tech/company was bought by facebook. Once the purchase happened, it became clear that he was an alt right chud and was correctly called out about it, became an embarrassment to facebook, and essentially fucked off to obscurity where he now does some sort of military contract work, i assume surrounding vr. So he took offense to being called a right wing weirdo and then immediately signed up for work with the US military, lol.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Nothing lifts the old spirits like billionaires picking fights on the internet about that time people told the truth about them so hard they got hounded out of police society. Should happen more often, but it's always nice to be reminded.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Give me the adventures of Turgle and Gonk Droid

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023

What a delicious self own this thread is.

It goes from "I'm not mad, I'm have billions of dollars in weapons contracts!" and when called out on how that makes you even shittier, his defense is "I'm not shitty! I actually LOSE money on my weapons contracts!"

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    And he paid for Twitter

lol

lmao

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
This discussion has been closed.