Options

[The Legend of Zelda] New Zelda game releasing this year with Zelda as the main hero?!

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    https://youtu.be/a6qna-ZCbxA

Okay that was fucking cool, no spoilers but the “vehicle” explanation looks super fun

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Alright this looks wild. Now I just really hope we’ve got some proper dungeons.

I hope you can override the fused weapons. Would be a great way to keep resetting durability if you wanted to for a little extra work. Which is exactly what I’d want.

Hot damn!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yep, this game is definitely cranking up the whole "experiment and see what crazy shit you can do" to 11. Or possibly 15.

Looks like I can absolutely justify taking launch day off work...

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I know everyone is talking about Fuse and that's going to be the focus for folks, but hot damn is my mind spinning at Recall.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    That ascend skill…. Game is gonna be an explorers dream.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Ascend is going to be very useful. I'll have to explore around the bases of mountains to look for caves before I try climbing the old-fashioned way.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options

Speedrunners are going to break the game so hard.

• Options
    Oh and pitchfork stick was the dumbest best thing. Just… so ridiculous.

• Options

Speedrunners are going to break the game so hard.

In a game that's absolutely meant to be broken.

• Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    This is a lot more than the first game's four abilities. I wonder if the new abilities are found in traditional dungeons. They might not be necessary to progress, but they certainly look like they improve your interactions with the world. I could see the new abilities being rewards from traditional dungeons, like instead of Bombs or the Boomerang. And this would also be like the non-linear dungeons in A Link Between Worlds: do the dungeons in any order you want as you explore and find them. Be rewarded with new abilities that improve how you traverse and explore the world.

• Options
    Given the Link in that video only had four hearts, it's likely you get the abilities very early in the game. Unless the video is developer weirdness.

• Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Given the Link in that video only had four hearts, it's likely you get the abilities very early in the game. Unless the video is developer weirdness.

Ah, good catch. I watched while getting ready for work and I didn't see that. Huh, they're going to throw a lot at you in this starting area, but then again, the first time I played BotW it felt like the Plateau was so big that I think I stayed there for almost 10 hours or so.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Oh and pitchfork stick was the dumbest best thing. Just… so ridiculous.

I LOVE IT.

Honestly also this looks like it's a way to keep weapon breaking in the game... and make some hilarious stuff happen.
    Anyone else spot the dragon flying overhead?

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Ok so I watched it, and I'm glad I did!

Looks like fusing refreshes weapon durability. That's awesome.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Renzo wrote: »
    Ok so I watched it, and I'm glad I did!

Looks like fusing refreshes weapon durability. That's awesome.

It also looks like it combines the durability of the two things - Stick + Rock seemed to have some pretty crazy durability.

Oh man but i am looking foward to seeing the dumb bullshit we get up to.

Also, hey, here's a challnege for the thread: Way back in BoTW, we came up with over 10 different ways you could catch fish in the game (Bombs, Arrows, chasing them onto the shore, using the freeze ability to summon platforms below them to name just a few).

Let's see how many stupid ways we can catch fish in this

Edit: also if there's not a special type of giant fish you can fuse onto a stick or similar to make a monster-hunter greatsword, i'\mma be real sad.

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So I'll preface this by saying I'm still pretty excited about the game and absolutely going to play it (and likely love it) but...

I felt the video was pretty underwhelming. Does absolutely nothing to alleviate any fears that they're not just removing more "Zelda" bits to add more sandbox bits.

Those sandbox bits look cool and all, but did I hear them right in that generally speaking your main source of weapons is going to be fused weapons? Sure hope it's not all just "here's a bunch of sticks because we didn't want to keep any cool swords in the game!"

And maybe these fears are unfounded, but felt like this was a good chance to throw a bone towards that and they just didn't. Even like "imagine all the things you can build to help you tackle a dungeon" would have been something.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    And maybe these fears are unfounded

Yes.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    What's the height limit got Ascend? Can I just ascend up to a skysland? Or can I throw a platform in the air, ascend to it, and jump off slow mo arrows at everyone?

Fuck man I'm salivating over here now. I should not have watched.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    What's the height limit got Ascend? Can I just ascend up to a skysland? Or can I throw a platform in the air, ascend to it, and jump off slow mo arrows at everyone?

Fuck man I'm salivating over here now. I should not have watched.

Definitely can’t just go up to a sky island.

And they were pretty clear it has to be a ceiling. A ceiling requires walls.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    So I'll preface this by saying I'm still pretty excited about the game and absolutely going to play it (and likely love it) but...

I felt the video was pretty underwhelming. Does absolutely nothing to alleviate any fears that they're not just removing more "Zelda" bits to add more sandbox bits.

Those sandbox bits look cool and all, but did I hear them right in that generally speaking your main source of weapons is going to be fused weapons? Sure hope it's not all just "here's a bunch of sticks because we didn't want to keep any cool swords in the game!"

And maybe these fears are unfounded, but felt like this was a good chance to throw a bone towards that and they just didn't. Even like "imagine all the things you can build to help you tackle a dungeon" would have been something.

I will say, as someone who didn't really engage much with the more sandboxy aspects of BOTW, seeing a video focused entirely on how they've expanded that aspect of the game did nothing for me.

While I'm sure I'll still enjoy playing it, I do have this worry in the back of my mind that Zelda will continue to drift away from the things I originally loved about it. Kinda like how I really liked Assassins Creed II and Brotherhood, then the series evolved into a generic action-RPG.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i liked what i saw, but i'm definitely wanting to know WHAT the reason for this game is. why do we need to go to sky islands? are there going to be "bosses"? some of the crafting they should looks hilarious and i'm hoping there's a "wait there's more" coming because if crafting is like cooking, its going to kind of suck to just try and see for everything. I don't want to have to go to a website to figure out that rock + diamond + stick = best weapon in the game.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I will also say I already felt like BOTW had me going into clunky menus way too much, and this is kinda tripling down on that with all the things you can combine with your arrows and shields on what looks to be a single use basis. If I have to use a menu every single time I want to use a special arrow, the end result is I will just never use special arrows. I already never used any of the various outfits I picked up in BOTW unless explicitly required by extreme temperatures because I couldn't be arsed to open the menu and change all my equipment for a minor stat buff.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Based on everything we've been shown directly and indirectly, we're 100% getting dungeons. And I think we're getting shrines again, too (you could see the shrine map marker a few times today).

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    The great thing is that the game looks to totally be able to allow whatever playstyle you want. Want to get fully into the weeds with combining and fusing and making weird shit? Great! Just wanna go in and smack a thing with a sword or shoot with normal arrows and never have to open a pause menu? Sure!

I would love it if there are some cool unique fused weapons. Like, fuse a fire sword with a rock club to make a big old magma thing, or fire and ice swords into some cool steam sword. I hope you can fuse cuckoos to things and make a a long-range swarm weapon.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I want to glue everything to everything.

• Options
    Based on everything we've been shown directly and indirectly, we're 100% getting dungeons. And I think we're getting shrines again, too (you could see the shrine map marker a few times today).

I rewatched the footage today a few times, specifically when they get flung off the island, etc, to see if I could spot a shrine. I didn't see any. It's possible they look different so I'm not gonna say they're out or anything, but just something I looked for specifically.

Also where did they directly, or indirectly, say there are dungeons?? I'm like 90% sure there are dungeons because I doubt they're that crazy, but I'd still like to know.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular

I rewatched the footage today a few times, specifically when they get flung off the island, etc, to see if I could spot a shrine. I didn't see any. It's possible they look different so I'm not gonna say they're out or anything, but just something I looked for specifically.

Also where did they directly, or indirectly, say there are dungeons?? I'm like 90% sure there are dungeons because I doubt they're that crazy, but I'd still like to know.

They show dungeon entrances in at least one of the trailers, and
    in the leaked art book.

For the shrine entrances, you can see the shrine marker on the minimap a few times in today's video.

I'm sure there will be a Zapruder film breakdown on youtube soon (if its not up already).

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    The great thing is that the game looks to totally be able to allow whatever playstyle you want. Want to get fully into the weeds with combining and fusing and making weird shit? Great! Just wanna go in and smack a thing with a sword or shoot with normal arrows and never have to open a pause menu? Sure!

I would love it if there are some cool unique fused weapons. Like, fuse a fire sword with a rock club to make a big old magma thing, or fire and ice swords into some cool steam sword. I hope you can fuse cuckoos to things and make a a long-range swarm weapon.

Cuckoo+ arrow = fire into a group of enemies and watch the swarm of angry chickens tear them apart?

• Options

They show dungeon entrances in at least one of the trailers, and
    in the leaked art book.

For the shrine entrances, you can see the shrine marker on the minimap a few times in today's video.

I'm sure there will be a Zapruder film breakdown on youtube soon (if its not up already).

I'll keep a look out for that too. Also saw this

Which looks like you can "complete" caves so maybe these are also similar to shrines in a way.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Day 1 Cock-and-Balls boats shared on Twitter and Reddit confirmed.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Day 1 Cock-and-Balls boats shared on Twitter and Reddit confirmed.

The one in their own video today was basically a cock and balls.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    The audacity of calling it Fuse when Link is right there.

• Options
    LJDouglasLJDouglas Registered User regular
    Interesting that they're seemingly letting you combine just about any consumable onto your shield/arrows. By late in BotW I was absolutely swimming in assorted consumables, getting a reason at actually use them will be handy. I'm assuming sticking meat on an arrow will make it act as bait, but now I'm wondering what will happen when you stick the meat to your shield.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Hopefully this time we can pet the dog. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    First think I’m going to do is probably look for tarrey town . I need to know they are ok.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2023

I was able to get the controller thanks to the new queue system they seem to be using, but it forced me to do in-store pickup (which is annoying cuz they closed the Best Buy closest to me so it's kinda a far drive T_T)

Edit: In hindsight I guess this is another anti-scalping measure so I can appreciate that after, what, 20 years of this bullshit they're finally trying?

Also

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    LJDouglas wrote: »
    Interesting that they're seemingly letting you combine just about any consumable onto your shield/arrows. By late in BotW I was absolutely swimming in assorted consumables, getting a reason at actually use them will be handy. I'm assuming sticking meat on an arrow will make it act as bait, but now I'm wondering what will happen when you stick the meat to your shield.

It'll take more bullets.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Hopefully this time we can pet the dog. :)

I'm going to fuse the dog to a pitchfork and use it to pet some bokoblins.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    On the one hand, that’s a pretty controller.

On the other hand, I have the Xenoblade controller and how many more games am I even going to getting on this system?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    On the one hand, that’s a pretty controller.

On the other hand, I have the Xenoblade controller and how many more games am I even going to getting on this system?

I wish I had bought the Xenoblade pro controller :( It looks sick, but it's also like insanely expensive now since it's only available second hand.

My original pro controller has seen better days (it still works but I worry for its continued durability) so I thought this would be a nice replacement. System looks awesome but I already have a Switch, I don't need two :P Plus I am feeling really confident we might be seeing a "Switch 2" (or equivalent) early next year based on some up-until-now very credible leaks.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282