As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Korok Torture Simulator is out!

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I really hate the color gold, so that's basically ruined almost every special Zelda thingy. On the plus side, I'm glad I don't like the console or the controller, since I wouldn't be able to justify the expense anyway. I think the weird one white handle on the pro controller somehow makes it look even more unappealing to me.

Speaking of aesthetics, I low-key hate Link's new look. I hope it doesn't take me long to find some less hideous appearance items.

• Options
    VontreVontre Registered User regular
    Yeah gonna find the haircut shop first thing I hope lol.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Hopefully this time we can pet the dog. :)

Then my ultimate dream. Dog follower!!!
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I was able to get the controller thanks to the new queue system they seem to be using, but it forced me to do in-store pickup (which is annoying cuz they closed the Best Buy closest to me so it's kinda a far drive T_T)

Edit: In hindsight I guess this is another anti-scalping measure so I can appreciate that after, what, 20 years of this bullshit they're finally trying?

Also

Thank you! I got the Switch ordered for pickup, but the controller was sold out. I'm hoping to get a controller eventually, but been waiting to upgrade my Original Switch once I saw my wife's OLED.

Edit: The anti-scalper measure was in place when the video cards were hot commodities. No idea why they didn't do this for the TotK Collector's Edition.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Loving some of the new looks of link especially that hooded outfit.

Extremely my jam.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Hopefully this time we can pet the dog. :)

Then my ultimate dream. Dog follower!!!

I was able to get the controller thanks to the new queue system they seem to be using, but it forced me to do in-store pickup (which is annoying cuz they closed the Best Buy closest to me so it's kinda a far drive T_T)

Edit: In hindsight I guess this is another anti-scalping measure so I can appreciate that after, what, 20 years of this bullshit they're finally trying?

Also

Thank you! I got the Switch ordered for pickup, but the controller was sold out. I'm hoping to get a controller eventually, but been waiting to upgrade my Original Switch once I saw my wife's OLED.

Edit: The anti-scalper measure was in place when the video cards were hot commodities. No idea why they didn't do this for the TotK Collector's Edition.

On Best Buy's website the pro controller seems to be fluctuating between sold out and not. I managed to snag one after refreshing the page a couple times and getting in line.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    The TotK Switch doesn't come with the game? Thank goodness my OG Switch still works like a champ. Need that controller though.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    YOU CAN PUT CHU JELLIES ON ARROWS!!! YEEEEEEESSSS! I’ve wanted to do that since the very beginning in BotW.

Fusing is so freaking cool! So many things to experiment with. Chu jelly on shield? Beehive on arrow? Frog on shield?

I don’t remember the last time I’ve been this hyped for a video game. I need it now!

• Options
    Loving some of the new looks link especially that hooded outfit.

Extremely my jam.

Yeah, I like the look on the box art. It's basically the same as his look from BOTW, just with his new arm thing.

His look in this gameplay video is goofy AF though.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Loving some of the new looks link especially that hooded outfit.

Extremely my jam.

Yeah, I like the look on the box art. It's basically the same as his look from BOTW, just with his new arm thing.

His look in this gameplay video is goofy AF though.

Oh yea that outfit looks like it’s probably the starter “mostly naked” outfit.

• Options
    VontreVontre Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    YOU CAN PUT CHU JELLIES ON ARROWS!!! YEEEEEEESSSS! I’ve wanted to do that since the very beginning in BotW.

Fusing is so freaking cool! So many things to experiment with. Chu jelly on shield? Beehive on arrow? Frog on shield?

I don’t remember the last time I’ve been this hyped for a video game. I need it now!

BEE ARROWS

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/SyYpCaBfJtY

The experts have weighed in now! The panel approves. Grubb getting excited about the tree branch shattering, Dan saying "what the fuck?!" constantly, and the collective reaction to the stick pitchfork are personal highlights.

Bonus commentary about Aonuma being the ideal zaddy and how cats apparently don't have a fatal terminal velocity.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Vontre wrote: »

BEE ARROWS

Hear me out now. Cucco arrows.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

BEE ARROWS

Arrow arrows.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

BEE ARROWS

Arrow arrows.

Honestly it could function as a shrapnel bomb , the arrow detonates and send other arrows everywhere.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Can I fuse a horse to a chu jelly and give it elemental properties?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Can I fuse a horse to a chu jelly and give it elemental properties?

I'm gonna fuse my horse to a dragon and you can't stop me.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Oh shit, with some yellow chu jelly you could make a thunderhorse!

https://youtu.be/QuphOxBX8YI

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    If I have to use a menu every single time I want to use a special arrow, the end result is I will just never use special arrows.
    I'm extremely pleased with like 90% of the things in the gameplay preview video, but this is something I am very definitely concerned about. I found the BotW menus (and many UI interactions in general) to be very clunky - not bad per say, just adding a lot of small friction to many common interactions. Like, not being able to create armor sets to make swapping a one-click operation rather than at least 3, not being able to create "favorite recipes" to (once again!) be able to cook common things in a flash rather than having to dig around the menus. It looks like "select many things to perform some operation on them together" is meant to be a core mechanic in Tears, so I really hope they add some UI functionality to make those things smoother and faster. Having to attach a doodad to EVERY arrow you fire right before you fire it sounds like a really exhausting time.

I'm really curious how the fusing is gonna work. Is every single item gonna have some "does X when fused" property, or will there be some generic abilities attached to items that the devs didn't figure out a unique use for? Will things behave one way when fused to weapons vs. another way when fused to arrows vs. a third way when fused to shields? Can you fuse more than 2 items? Can you fuse a weapon to your shield, and vice-versa?

• Options
    Something I noticed is an apple symbol on one of the left joycon buttons. Looks like you'll be able to eat without going into menus.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to suspect that we have no access to Sheikah Slate powers, here. Luckily, I think the only power that might feel like a loss is the Bomb runes, but you can solve that by having consumable bombs again. And thanks to Fuse, we can get.... creative with them. Also opens up the field to bring in a bunch of weirder, wackier bomb types.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    6wobm2rjz501.jpg

What if you build Tarrey Town...everywhere?

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

BEE ARROWS

Meat arrows.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I really hate the color gold, so that's basically ruined almost every special Zelda thingy. On the plus side, I'm glad I don't like the console or the controller, since I wouldn't be able to justify the expense anyway. I think the weird one white handle on the pro controller somehow makes it look even more unappealing to me.

Speaking of aesthetics, I low-key hate Link's new look. I hope it doesn't take me long to find some less hideous appearance items.

IDK man I'm getting my best "get off my lawn" energy from @Dirty recently ... I know because I often have that same energy. It's more like as you grow older you just don't have the patience, energy, and/or will to deal with anything that remotely looks like it doesn't fit in our sometimes static view of the world. I would tell you to chill but I don't wanna get shot. I do my best to look at everything in a positive light (as often as I can) because I just don't wanna stress about things I have little to no control over. Remember, it's not what happens to you but how you perceive (and react) to what happens to you that matters.

On topic, It seems like you can only fuse one thing to one other thing and that only certain things can be fused with certain other things. I doubt you'll be able to fuse anything living (a dog or horse) with any other thing. It would also seem that these 'on the fly' fusions are temporary replacements for normal items (which may be fewer and farther between). For example you run out of ice/fire/electric arrows but you need one for a puzzle. You just so happen to have a ice/fire/electric chu and an arrow. Now you don't have to fast travel back to town to buy some. Win win?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    If I have to use a menu every single time I want to use a special arrow, the end result is I will just never use special arrows.
    I'm extremely pleased with like 90% of the things in the gameplay preview video, but this is something I am very definitely concerned about. I found the BotW menus (and many UI interactions in general) to be very clunky - not bad per say, just adding a lot of small friction to many common interactions. Like, not being able to create armor sets to make swapping a one-click operation rather than at least 3, not being able to create "favorite recipes" to (once again!) be able to cook common things in a flash rather than having to dig around the menus. It looks like "select many things to perform some operation on them together" is meant to be a core mechanic in Tears, so I really hope they add some UI functionality to make those things smoother and faster. Having to attach a doodad to EVERY arrow you fire right before you fire it sounds like a really exhausting time.

I'm really curious how the fusing is gonna work. Is every single item gonna have some "does X when fused" property, or will there be some generic abilities attached to items that the devs didn't figure out a unique use for? Will things behave one way when fused to weapons vs. another way when fused to arrows vs. a third way when fused to shields? Can you fuse more than 2 items? Can you fuse a weapon to your shield, and vice-versa?

It's spelled "per se", and you italicize it because it's Latin.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Well, I don't italicize it, per se.

I might italicize it per an individual say, though, I suppose.

• Options
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    IDK man I'm getting my best "get off my lawn" energy from Dirty recently ... I know because I often have that same energy. It's more like as you grow older you just don't have the patience, energy, and/or will to deal with anything that remotely looks like it doesn't fit in our sometimes static view of the world.

It's not that I don't like change. One of my favorite things about the Zelda series as a whole is that each one tries something new. Each installment has stuff I love, and other stuff that doesn't work for me.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The menu issues in Botw were because it was supposed to be on Wiiu but they scrapped that functionality late in development. Im sure the menus this time will be less " this should be on a touch pad sorry"

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The menu issues in Botw were because it was supposed to be on Wiiu but they scrapped that functionality late in development. Im sure the menus this time will be less " this should be on a touch pad sorry"

BotW was on WiiU! That’s one of the 3 games I owned on it.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I hope whatever Switch++ is also has that Zelda design to it because damn I want one but not right before a new possible console comes out.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I'm thinking I might just cancel my pre-order for Tears of the Kingdom.
    And just pick it up at Target because they open earlier than Gamestop.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    What if you build Tarrey Town...everywhere?

TBH my first thought on this thing was that "now that Ganon is dead" maybe people are starting to build new homes and structures all over Hyrule and that's what this might be. Depending on how long after BotW this game is meant to take place I'd be curious if they end up, say, adding a new town somewhere (Tarrey Town not included as I would hope/expect that's actually a location you can go to).

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I hope Tarrey Town has been taken over by the unscrupulous Sonson, and upon his defeat its borders open to people with all kinds of names.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    "There are multiple ways to reach the sky islands."

9qikkz5ikj85.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    I still wonder if you can fuse more than two things together. I assume not for QA reasons (and certainly the arrows seemed to cancel out the leaf when he picked ice).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Wonder what the limit is. I want to put a Guardian on a stick.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular

BotW was on WiiU! That’s one of the 3 games I owned on it.

They obviously meant that it was only supposed to be on the WiiU. Once it got put on the switch, as well, they had to scrap using the WiiU tablet like they should have used it.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I still wonder if you can fuse more than two things together. I assume not for QA reasons (and certainly the arrows seemed to cancel out the leaf when he picked ice).

In the video, the fused Log Club was an option to fuse with a boulder, but it's unclear if fusing that would just replace the log with the boulder or make a new thing.

• Options
    I still think a radial selection would have been leagues better than a touch screen inventory, and certainly much better than that same touch screen inventory without the touch screen.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/MGmAsrVtshU

About to check this out. Been getting into a lot of MinnMax content more and more lately.